Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#896989 May 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>No, Walmart is destroying the very fabric of our nation, I think devastated is appropriate. Yeah, loan/lone was a biggee.
Ok, now you're just being silly.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896990 May 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>They were the first state to secede from the Union, maybe the second times the charm.
I have a sizable pension and income from working in Connecticut. My plan is in about a decade or so, to take my Yankee money and bring it with me to the south where the people are much wiser and nicer. We already lost a congressional seat in Connecticut last cencus and I'm sure there are other people that think like I do. Why should I stay with a bunch of idiot Democrats who are irresponsible? South Carolina sounds like a great place to live. Maybe the Charleston area or a mountain lake home.

No liberals/socialist DemocRATS! Hurraaayyy!!!

Looking forward to it!

By the way, so many people moved out of your libtard state, you LOST TWO (2) seats, idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_co...
frontporchreacti onary

Wilmington, DE

#896991 May 3, 2013
Aunt Bettie Lou, "You just said some very powerful words. "The dignity of man cannot be found in a man's possessions. It cannot be found in his power or in his position. It really rests on his right to be treated as a man equal in opportunity to all others."

That is exactly what conservatives stand for - preserving the dignity of all people." Those are the words of a southern Democrat President Lyndon B. Johnson--so, you are arguing now that true conservatives have more in common with Democrats like FDR, Kennedy &Johnson, Martin Luther King Jr. then they do to today's false poseur Tea Party 'conservatives'? Perhaps, at one time, Republicans held similar views to today's progressive liberals--just see for example Republican President Rutherford B. Hayes who fought to clean up the corruption mess left by Republican President U.S. Grant, get big moneyed influence out of the Congress (#Occupy today),restored some of the President's powers that the Republican Congress took away from Andrew Johnson(Presidential veto and signing statements), fought for women rights, and the rights of freed slaves against the southern plantation owners . "Abolish plutocracy if you would abolish poverty."-Republican President Rutherford B. Hayes.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#896992 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you're afraid of the stock market. A record 16k on the DOW, a record 1600 on the S&P, housing market prices up nationwide, and you're among the losers.
Stay poor, you deserve it.
"Honer" was funny, ya dipstick. Stupid libturds.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#896993 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Bush cancels Europe trip amid calls for his arrest
""Will George W. Bush set foot in Europe again in his lifetime?
A planned trip by Bush to speak at the Switzerland-based United Israel Appeal later this week has been canceled after several human rights groups called for Swiss authorities to arrest Bush and investigate him for authorizing torture. Bush has traveled widely since leaving office, but not to Europe, where there is a strong tradition of international prosecutions.
The Swiss group and Bush’s spokesman claim that it was threats of protest, not of legal action, that prompted the cancellation. But facing protests is nothing new for Bush. What was different about this trip was that groups including Amnesty International and the Center for Constitutional Rights argued that Switzerland, as a party to the UN Convention against Torture, is obligated to investigate Bush for potential prosecution.
Amnesty’s memo to Swiss authorities cites, among other things, Bush’s admission in his own memoir that he approved the use of waterboarding. From Amnesty’s press release:
“To date, we’ve seen a handful of military investigations into detentions and interrogations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantánamo. But none of these has had the independence and reach necessary to investigate high-level officials such as President Bush,” said Salil Shetty, Secretary General of Amnesty International.
“Meanwhile, there has been virtually zero accountability for crimes committed in the CIA’s secret detention program, which was authorized by then-President Bush.”"
http://www.salon.com/2011/02/07/bush_amnesty_...
----------
Hope you nitwits are proud.
You supported an alcoholic President who is an International Criminal to boot.
He's afraid to travel to Europe, under threat of being arrested.
And you nitwits believed he choked on a pretzel and fainted!! Couldn't have anything to do with the quart of Vodka he'd just consumed, could it??
Nice job, morons!! Bush lied, Americans and Iraqi's died, for a second act he destroyed the economy!!
Nice job, Dubya!!
Nuculur if you only had a Brain!! It’s a shame we don’t have a vaccine to cure Ignorance!!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896994 May 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are kids starving in africa and homers crusade is to drive walmart out of business.
Homer, unlike the rightwinger can multi-task. I have many on-going crusades.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#896995 May 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the shock value of "Global Warming" has outlived it's usefulness, especially when one considers the "globe" isn't warming.
Typically stupid statement from a typical stupid person.

2012 was the warmest year on record, nationwide.

Stay stupid. We need morons like you to laugh at.

----------

"""2012 marks the warmest year on record for the contiguous U.S., with the year consisting of a record warm spring, the second warmest summer, the fourth warmest winter, and a warmer than average autumn," Jake Crouch, a climate scientist at the National Climatic Data Center at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), said in a press conference Tuesday.

According to a new NOAA report, the average temperature for the lower 48 states in 2012 was 55.3 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), which is higher than the previous 1998 record by one degree Fahrenheit (0.6 degree Celsius).

A single degree difference might not seem like much, but it is an unusually large margin, scientists say. Annual temperature records typically differ by just tenths of a degree Fahrenheit.

"That is quite a bit for a whole year averaged over the whole country," said Anthony Barnston, chief forecaster at Columbia University's International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI), who was not involved in the study.

2012: An Odd Year

To put that difference in perspective, said NOAA's Crouch, consider that the entire range of temperature increase between the coldest year on record, which occurred in 1917, and the previous hottest year in 1998 was just 4.2 degrees Fahrenheit (2.3 degrees Celsius).

"2012 is now more than one degree above the top of that. So we're talking about well above the pack in terms of all the years we have data for the U.S.," he added.

2012 was also the 15th driest year on record for the nation: The average precipitation total for the contiguous U.S. was 26.57 inches (67.5 centimeters), 2.57 inches (6.5 centimeters) below average.""

----------

Most Americans agree that our weather patterns, drought, etc., are caused by climate change, just as all leading scientists say.

Only the brain dead Repugnants believe otherwise, and they're controlled by Corporate interests.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896996 May 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your compassion? 100 million working age Americans out of a job and you're crowing about how good YOU have it? You're nothing but a wicked, boastful, capitalist!!
You'd better hope those 401K's don't pay you more than Obama thinks you need, lol.
Homer is just your typical greedy Democrat.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#896997 May 3, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's your compassion? 100 million working age Americans out of a job and you're crowing about how good YOU have it? You're nothing but a wicked, boastful, capitalist!!
You'd better hope those 401K's don't pay you more than Obama thinks you need, lol.
100 million huh? You want to rethink that number? Anyone else onboard with this?

I was merely pointing out how things have improved under Obama, you dummies seem to forget just how bad everything collapsed under Bush in 2008.

I can continually sulk about how badly Bush left us if you prefer.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#896998 May 3, 2013
Hey Nutcase, you spamming the thread like a spaz case again?
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically stupid statement from a typical stupid person.
2012 was the warmest year on record, nationwide.
Stay stupid. We need morons like you to laugh at.
----------
"""2012 marks the warmest year on record for the contiguous U.S., with the year consisting of a record warm spring, the second warmest summer, the fourth warmest winter, and a warmer than average autumn," Jake Crouch, a climate scientist at the National Climatic Data Center at the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), said in a press conference Tuesday.
According to a new NOAA report, the average temperature for the lower 48 states in 2012 was 55.3 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius), which is higher than the previous 1998 record by one degree Fahrenheit (0.6 degree Celsius).
A single degree difference might not seem like much, but it is an unusually large margin, scientists say. Annual temperature records typically differ by just tenths of a degree Fahrenheit.
"That is quite a bit for a whole year averaged over the whole country," said Anthony Barnston, chief forecaster at Columbia University's International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI), who was not involved in the study.
2012: An Odd Year
To put that difference in perspective, said NOAA's Crouch, consider that the entire range of temperature increase between the coldest year on record, which occurred in 1917, and the previous hottest year in 1998 was just 4.2 degrees Fahrenheit (2.3 degrees Celsius).
"2012 is now more than one degree above the top of that. So we're talking about well above the pack in terms of all the years we have data for the U.S.," he added.
2012 was also the 15th driest year on record for the nation: The average precipitation total for the contiguous U.S. was 26.57 inches (67.5 centimeters), 2.57 inches (6.5 centimeters) below average.""
----------
Most Americans agree that our weather patterns, drought, etc., are caused by climate change, just as all leading scientists say.
Only the brain dead Repugnants believe otherwise, and they're controlled by Corporate interests.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#896999 May 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, now you're just being silly.
An intelligent person who disagreed would offer data to support his views.

All you offer is stupid comments. Homer was right, you're just ignorant.

Proof again that you're a nitwit.

Not that we needed it. You prove it daily.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#897000 May 3, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
And this one makes Galt seem like Mensa material.
Go have another swig of Vodka, lily.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#897001 May 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"Honer" was funny, ya dipstick. Stupid libturds.
Calm down, no need for insults.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#897002 May 3, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur if you only had a Brain!! It’s a shame we don’t have a vaccine to cure Ignorance!!
We can do without your redneck rage!!

Calm down. You lost, you should be used to it, being a lifelong loser.

Obama can travel to Europe without threat. So can Clinton, Bush I, Carter.

Not Dubya Bush, he's an international criminal.

Deal with it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#897003 May 3, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is just your typical greedy Democrat.
Waxturd's Ivy League sonpuppet!! ROTFLMAO!!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#897004 May 3, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>When Bush left office my 401K was in the toilet due to his bad policies and actions. Since Obama has been president due to his policies and actions my 401K has rebounded and is currently in hyper-drive. I have full coverage through my employer with my deductables covered by my HSA also through and financed by my employer.
Baaawwwaaahhhh!!!

It's no wonder Obama won the election.

Priceless!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#897005 May 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
There are kids starving in africa and homers crusade is to drive walmart out of business.
What does one have to do with the other, beside pointing out your ignorance and inability to draw an anology??

Walmart is a criminal enterprise. See the disaster in Bangladesh for proof. They're starving there, too, but Walmart exploits them anyway.

You get dumber by the day.
NuculurNutSurpri Zed

Pompano Beach, FL

#897006 May 3, 2013
Money wrote:
<quoted text>
And I make Galt seem like Mensa material.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#897007 May 3, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
We can do without your redneck rage!!
Calm down. You lost, you should be used to it, being a lifelong loser.
Obama can travel to Europe without threat. So can Clinton, Bush I, Carter.
Not Dubya Bush, he's an international criminal.
Deal with it.
Quit humping our legs nutcase. Go take a frikkin pill, man!

NutClueless Option - Bawwaaaahhhhh!!!!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#897008 May 3, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a sizable pension and income from working in Connecticut. My plan is in about a decade or so, to take my Yankee money and bring it with me to the south where the people are much wiser and nicer. We already lost a congressional seat in Connecticut last cencus and I'm sure there are other people that think like I do. Why should I stay with a bunch of idiot Democrats who are irresponsible? South Carolina sounds like a great place to live. Maybe the Charleston area or a mountain lake home.
No liberals/socialist DemocRATS! Hurraaayyy!!!
Looking forward to it!
By the way, so many people moved out of your libtard state, you LOST TWO (2) seats, idiot.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_co...
Wickedly draining tax bases huh. It's all that noxious, spilled over atmospheric hot from that rumrunner O'Kennedy, of the Massholio kingDUHM of "Camelot", and his swinging-wide-open screen door policies of libuhrulTic immigration unideals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL 70,988
Merry Christmas everyone. 1 hr teri 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Country Girl 306,951
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,875
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr kal 49,174
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Jim Jones 19,549
Joe Scarborough And Mika Brzezinski (Jun '09) Dec 9 Bbh252y 64
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:41 pm PST