Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891865 Apr 23, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of those "green investments" have failed, dipstick? We can start at Solyndra and go on from there. And before you accuse me of being "anti-green", I have owned and operated my own off-grid utilities (ALL of them) for 20 years. Call me when you even APPROACH my level of sustainability. Never happen....
Facts & reality mean nothing to morons like Dumb Dave. You are wasting your time.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891866 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
"Brown" = "swarthy". You are reaching (as always), like a tiny kid on a little stool straining to grab the forbidden cookies. Bottom line, it was a pair of dirty muslim extremists (and that's all we need to know).
swarthy?

LMAO

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#891867 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
First of al, voters now can be asked for ID. The question was a Photo ID.
Republicans passed voter photo ID requirements even though there is no statistical evidence o any voter fraud that this photo ID would prevent.
In other words, it was voter suppression. No one said it was racist. The motivation was to reduce the number of Democrats voting. Not racially motivated.
With background checks for gun purchases, the motivation is public safety.
you and all the libs screamed racisim over voter id..said it woud keep blacks from voteing..that's all we heard for months before the election. so what you're saying now, is showing id is wrong for voters because it keeps people from voteing but yet you want to discirminate against those who would need id for a background check. I guess that must mean that you're ok with discrimination just as long as it fits your agenda.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891870 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was referred to as darker or olive type skin, like Mediterranean or middle east, which ended up being correct.
I really need to stop talking to idiots like you.
The hook nose was a dead giveaway.
You are an idiot.
Brian Kilmeade So Wants Boston Bomber To Be Muslim?!

"We have this Saudi, he's a person of interest, we're questioning him...if it is somebody here on a student visa, a Saudi, what does that mean in the big picture in the war on terror and Al Qaeda, knowing that we've had cells in the Lackawanna Six, the Fort Dix Six, and others before." Phares responded that if evidence showed a connection to the Saudi then it could be of a jihadi nature; but cautioned that we need to wait for that information. Kilmead said that he will have Phares back "especially if this Saudi is involved."

As reported on Media Matters, the right wing, including Murdoch's NY Post, attempted to create another Richard Jewel in their immediate speculation that the Saudi was connected to the bombing. Looks like Brian Kilmeade was part of that effort on Murdoch's "fair & balanced" "news" network!

http://www.newshounds.us/20130417_brian_kilme...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891871 Apr 23, 2013
The Saudi Marathon Man

A twenty-year-old man who had been watching the Boston Marathon had his body torn into by the force of a bomb. He wasn’t alone; a hundred and seventy-six people were injured and three were killed. But he was the only one who, while in the hospital being treated for his wounds, had his apartment searched in “a startling show of force,” as his fellow-tenants described it to the Boston Herald, with a “phalanx” of officers and agents and two K9 units. He was the one whose belongings were carried out in paper bags as his neighbors watched; whose roommate, also a student, was questioned for five hours (“I was scared”) before coming out to say that he didn’t think his friend was someone who’d plant a bomb—that he was a nice guy who liked sports.“Let me go to school, dude,” the roommate said later in the day, covering his face with his hands and almost crying, as a Fox News producer followed him and asked him, again and again, if he was sure he hadn’t been living with a killer.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment...

not NBC, or CBS, or CNN.....FOX.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891872 Apr 23, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
swarthy?
LMAO
That's what people like you do in padded rooms. I think there is a medication for your condition.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#891873 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The green investments were made to companies with promising ideas & were riskier than most investors would prefer. The hopes were to help these people get their ideas out there & make advancements. Some did not make it.
This risk was known when the program was designed. There was a fund established to cover the losses. I believe it was 10 billion. Most of the fund remains unused.
Lets talk Solyndra. Solyndra's panels were not of the typical design & were not silicon based as most panels. The price of silicon was going up & up & this made Solyndra's panels not only innovative but cost competitive.
Two things then happened, the price of silicon dropped dramatically & China invested tens of billions in their panel manufacturing. These things killed Solyndra. Market conditions that were not present when Solyndra was approved.
Solyndra was founded in 2005 and took advantage of local, state and federal incentives and grants which were available at that time.

As you noted, Solyndra's technology was created at a time when silicon panels where becoming very pricy and the company could have become wildly successful.

Solyndra didn't use all of it's loan guarantees.

The right wing stooges continue to be dishonest about the various green incentives that were made available beginning as early as the Clinton administration.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#891874 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
One result of having Jimmy Carter Junior in the White House:
WASHINGTON, April 23 (UPI)-- The 43rd U.S. president has gained in esteem since he left office more than four years ago, a new poll indicates.
The ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday found George W. Bush's overall approval rating is 14 percentage points higher now than it was at the end of his second term in office.
Bush left office with an approval rating of just 33 percent and a disapproval rating of 66 percent.
The latest polling found 47 percent now approve of George W. Bush while 50 percent disapprove.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...
G.W. Bush Advances in Esteem Yet Still With More Brush to Cut

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/04/...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#891876 Apr 23, 2013
Amazingly, the Boston perpetrators apparently thought they could somehow get away with their deed even though they chose to set their bombs off at the most-photographed spot on the planet at the time. Moreover, although they were not prepared to die with their bombs, they do not seem to have had anything that could be considered a coherent plan of escape. This rather bizarre inability to think about the aftermath of the planned deed is quite typical in the case studies.(Also commonly found: an inability to explain how killing a few random people would advance their cause.)

The Boston perpetrators seem never to have ventured much more than a few miles from the bombing location, and they appear to have had no reliable means of transport and no money. Then, when the police published their photographs, they mindlessly blew whatever cover they had by killing a campus cop, hijacking a car, stealing money, trying to run a police blockade, and engaging in a brief Hollywood-style car chase and shootout. Surveillance imagery played an important role in identifying the terrorists (as it did in terrorist events in London in 2005), but the key breakthrough appears to have come when the culprits decided to leave their lair, after which the police applied standard killer-on-the-loose methodology

Boston appears to be a lone-wolf attack—albeit one with two wolves—in the sense that no one besides the bombers seems to have been aware of it. Attacks in which only the perpetrator knows about the plans are obviously more difficult to avert than ones involving a great number of talkative people.(In some cases, would-be terrorists have advertised for support or collaborators on Facebook and in Internet chat rooms.) Before Boston, some 16 people had been killed by Islamist terrorists in the United States in the years since 2001 (13 of them at Ft. Hood), and all of these were murdered by people who were essentially acting alone.

Concern about “lone wolf” attacks has grown in recent years, and a 2011 DHS assessment concluded that “lone offenders currently present the greatest threat.” This is a reasonable observation, but those concerned should keep in mind that, as Max Abrahms has noted, while lone wolves may be difficult to police, they have carried out only two of the 1,900 most deadly terrorist attacks over the last four decades. They may be harder to stop, but they are also less lethal.(It should also be kept in mind that an American’s chance of being killed by any kind of terrorist, even with 9/11 included in the count, remains about one in 3 million or 4 million per year.)
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#891878 Apr 23, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
'Fairness' has reared it's ugly head again. Obama's Internet sales tax will decimate another industry. It's amazing how much you liberals will swallow if you're told you're helping someone, somewhere. Under Obama, fairness, of any kind, can only be enjoyed if someone else is made to pay for it. Fairness has become a rare commodity that no one can live without and he (his government) has the exclusive authority to confiscate it from one and distribute it to another, at a price, of course.
It's not his tax you fkn imbecile__he only just recently expressed a willingness to sign the legislation which levels the retail playing field.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#891879 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was referred to as darker or olive type skin, like Mediterranean or middle east, which ended up being correct.
I really need to stop talking to idiots like you.
The hook nose was a dead giveaway.
You are an idiot.
You believe wrong.

"dark skinned male"

That's it.

No olive skin.

No Mediterranean.

"dark skinned"

You really need to quit being such an idiot.

Since: May 11

Gettysburg, PA

#891881 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, we know Dumb Dave. Everyone but you is dumb.
You say the same thing every day about roughly ten people, and the ten people say the same about you.
Hmmmm....
I wonder who is correct?
Baaawwwaaaahhhhh!!!!
Moron.
Not everyone. But some of you right whiners are dumber than sh*t.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891882 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Dummy, my home is (and has been powered completely by solar panels for 20 years. YOU are going to lecture ME about who/what Solyndra was? LOL!! Solyndra's technology was ungainly and not very practical. Bottom line: I know from experience, and you dont...
Sht happens in business, and in an ideal world gvt would have NO part in speculation/incentivizing. Its a zero-sum game.
But, but...

Dumb Dave is a liberal know-it-all....

Just don't count on him for anything, casue Dumb Dave is FOS.

Obama's green energy agenda has turned out to be a fiasco.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891884 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe wrong.
"dark skinned male"
That's it.
No olive skin.
No Mediterranean.
"dark skinned"
Never assimilated any common sense, did you Dumb Dave? Most of us know that olive is dark. By no means did anyone say, black or brown, liar.

As usual, you never provide a source, just bunk from your air filled head.

Later loser. You've had your quota of time and I can only take so much stupid in a single day from you.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891885 Apr 23, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm still trying to get him to grasp why its hypocritical for a leftist university president advocating higher taxation on everyone else having his taxes paid FOR him by an alumni association (above and beyond his approved comp package).
Mind-boggling...
All of the liberal weenies here are stuck in high school as C- students. They can spell check, but none have an ounce of common sense.
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

United States

#891886 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe wrong.
"dark skinned male"
That's it.
No olive skin.
No Mediterranean.
"dark skinned"
waxman can't help it, he was born to be one.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#891888 Apr 23, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
'Fairness' has reared it's ugly head again. Obama's Internet sales tax will decimate another industry. It's amazing how much you liberals will swallow if you're told you're helping someone, somewhere. Under Obama, fairness, of any kind, can only be enjoyed if someone else is made to pay for it. Fairness has become a rare commodity that no one can live without and he (his government) has the exclusive authority to confiscate it from one and distribute it to another, at a price, of course.
That's why so many countries in Europe are struggling to stay afloat. They wanted "fairness" too until the government couldn't extract enough tax money anymore. France has already reached 75% and it still isn't enough.

But our beloved celebrities who worship Obama's idea of "fairness" are ever so happy to do their "fair share". Just wait until they have to fork over 75%.

This president wants big government by taxing everything that isn't nailed down. We've got four more years ahead. Unless more Americans snap out of it before November 2014.
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch

El Monte, CA

#891889 Apr 23, 2013
RealDave wrote:
Only two right whiners here yet the judge its fly.
So Waxman & Carol, which one of you is the fricken idiot with the judgeits?
Both.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#891890 Apr 23, 2013
Kaitlin The Wolf Witch wrote:
<quoted text> waxman can't help it, he was born to be one.
Really sockpuppet moron?

CNN:'Dark Skinned male' is Boston Suspect; AP: Arrest 'Imminent'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/17/john...

You extremists on the left are clueless. Your fellow moron never provided a source of his propaganda.

You are an idiot.

Since: Apr 13

Orlando, FL

#891891 Apr 23, 2013
Waxman wrote:
One result of having Jimmy Carter Junior in the White House:
WASHINGTON, April 23 (UPI)-- The 43rd U.S. president has gained in esteem since he left office more than four years ago, a new poll indicates.
The ABC News/Washington Post poll released Tuesday found George W. Bush's overall approval rating is 14 percentage points higher now than it was at the end of his second term in office.
Bush left office with an approval rating of just 33 percent and a disapproval rating of 66 percent.
The latest polling found 47 percent now approve of George W. Bush while 50 percent disapprove.
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/04/23/Pol...
Hindsight is always 20/20.

By 2020, it's going to be just as clear looking back at 2008-2016. Let's just hope it's not the last chapter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr mdbuilder 48,456
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,770
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr WARRIOR 19,468
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr cpeter1313 306,567
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat JOEL 70,577
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat 1JohnB 8
Is heroin ruining your life or the life of some... Nov 21 youknowme203 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]