Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
HOPE-WOW-COC-TRU TH-HEMLOC

Bronx, NY

#874387 Mar 15, 2013
14 signs of fascism; cont.8. Religion and Government are Intertwined - Governments in fascist nations tend to use the most common religion in the nation as a tool to manipulate public opinion. Religious rhetoric and terminology is common from government leaders, even when the major tenets of the religion are diametrically opposed to the government’s policies or actions.
9. Corporate Power is Protected - The industrial and business aristocracy of a fascist nation often are the ones who put the government leaders into power, creating a mutually beneficial business/government relationship and power elite.
10. Labor Power is Suppressed - Because the organizing power of labor is the only real threat to a fascist government, labor unions are either eliminated entirely, or are severely suppressed.
11. Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts - Fascist nations tend to promote and tolerate open hostility to higher education, and academia. It is not uncommon for professors and other academics to be censored or even arrested. Free expression in the arts and letters is openly attacked.
12. Obsession with Crime and Punishment - Under fascist regimes, the police are given almost limitless power to enforce laws. The people are often willing to overlook police abuses and even forego civil liberties in the name of patriotism. There is often a national police force with virtually unlimited power in fascist nations.
13. Rampant Cronyism and Corruption - Fascist regimes almost always are governed by groups of friends and associates who appoint each other to government positions and use governmental power and authority to protect their friends from accountability. It is not uncommon in fascist regimes for national resources and even treasures to be appropriated or even outright stolen by government leaders.
14. Fraudulent Elections - Sometimes elections in fascist nations are a complete sham. Other times elections are manipulated by smear campaigns against or even assassination of opposition candidates, use of legislation to control voting numbers or political district boundaries, and manipulation of the media. Fascist nations also typically use their judiciaries to manipulate or control elections.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874388 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer is a soccer kind of guy, fan of the sport designed for kids not skilled enough to play anything else.
Soccer? Sorta like Nascar.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#874389 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You seem fixated on me today.
Trying to flatter yourself again, I see.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874390 Mar 15, 2013
The preacher man says it’s the end of time
And the Mississippi River she’s a goin’ dry
The interest is up and the Stock Markets down
And you only get mugged
If you go down town

I live back in the woods, you see
A woman and the kids, and the dogs and me
I got a shotgun rifle and a 4-wheel drive
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive

I can plow a field all day long
I can catch catfish from dusk till dawn
We make our own whiskey and our own smoke too
Ain’t too many things these ole boys can’t do
We grow good ole tomatoes and homemade wine

Because you can’t starve us out
And you cant makes us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We came from the West Virginia coalmines
And the Rocky Mountains and the and the western skies
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trout line

I had a good friend in New York City
He never called me by my name, just hillbilly
My grandpa taught me how to live off the land
And his taught him to be a businessman
He used to send me pictures of the Broadway nights
And I’d send him some homemade wine

But he was killed by a man with a switchblade knife
For 43 dollars my friend lost his life
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Cause a country boy can survive

Cause you can’t starve us out and you can’t make us run
Cuz we're them old boys raised on shotgun
And we say grace and we say Ma’am
And if you ain’t into that we don’t give a damn

We’re from North California and south Alabam
And little towns all around this land
And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot-line

Hank Williams, JR
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874391 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Galt has noticed that the formerly witty Homer has become very bitter and depressed. Galt worries that Homer may become suicidal if Obama is unable to push through tax increases.

Bronx, NY

#874392 Mar 15, 2013
During the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement (Negro Revolution), Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. proclaimed:“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-Ky) recently took a stand on the Senate Floor and delivered an historic 13-hour long filibuster challenging the Obama Administration for its policy to use military drone strikes against American citizens on U.S. soil without due process, which would be in conflict with the U.S. Constitution.

The Obama Administration caused this upheaval when, in a letter from U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to Sen. Paul, Mr. Holder declared the Administration technically could use military force to kill an American citizen on U.S. soil in an “extraordinary circumstance,” but,“it has “no intention of doing so.”

Thomas Jefferson left behind this responsible advice:“Every generation needs a new revolution.”

Mark Twain noted:“The past does not repeat itself, but it rhymes.” Correspondingly, there’s a paralleling stand with Dr. King’s peaceful Negro Revolution more than a half-century ago.

Our stand is against the prejudice and corruptness of the U.S. government
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874393 Mar 15, 2013
Sen. Rob Portman (R) of Ohio, a steadfast conservative, announced his support for gay marriage Friday, reversing his previous opposition to it.

“I have come to believe that if two people are prepared to make a lifetime commitment to love and care for each other in good times and in bad, the government shouldn’t deny them the opportunity to get married,” he wrote in an editorial for The Columbus Dispatch.

The Republican senator’s “change of heart” came about after his son Will told his family in February 2011 that he is gay. He is making the announcement now because the US Supreme Court will hear oral arguments on two gay marriage cases in the last week of March, he told CNN and four Ohio newspapers in an exclusive meeting Thursday.

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-gop-senator-cites-...

Good for him. Of course he'll now feel the wrath of the ignorant rightwingers.

Bronx, NY

#874394 Mar 15, 2013
During the struggles of the Civil Rights Movement (Negro Revolution), Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. proclaimed:“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
OBAMA stood on a golf course with tiger woods
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874395 Mar 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt has noticed that the formerly witty Homer has become very bitter and depressed. Galt worries that Homer may become suicidal if Obama is unable to push through tax increases.
You try dealing with these ignorant rightwingers. The fact that there are this many dummies roaming around is bound to make any normal person bitter and depressed. We need spending cuts and tax increases, we're broke remember.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874397 Mar 15, 2013
Sen. Rob Portman (R) of Ohio, a steadfast conservative, announced his support for gay marriage Friday, reversing his previous opposition to it.

That's got to sting a bit eh rightwingers?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#874398 Mar 15, 2013
Overbite/Schultz is MSNBC!! This move is nothing more than to try to camouflage who they are, it’s not going to Work!! Like they say “You can put Lipstick on a Pig, But it’s Still a Pig!
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874399 Mar 15, 2013
Gay rights activists say Portman will not be the last Republican senator to endorse gay marriage.

“We are moved by the love and support ... Portman and his wife are showing their son,” Ian James, FreedomOhio co-founder, told the Cincinnati Enquirer.“We appreciate the fact that the Senator wants his son to be able to marry and form a family to find the same happiness and security as his parents. Each day you can feel the momentum building toward ending marriage discrimination in Ohio.”

John Galt moved as well?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#874400 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
Yeah, he's got his big bubba groove on today.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874401 Mar 15, 2013
To be fair, I will try to be more witty and less bitter.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874402 Mar 15, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to flatter yourself again, I see.
Hey Gunner, good to see you, how you doing today?
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#874403 Mar 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, he's got his big bubba groove on today.
I got my haircut yesterday, maybe he thought I bought a wig?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#874405 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>You try dealing with these ignorant rightwingers. The fact that there are this many dummies roaming around is bound to make any normal person bitter and depressed. We need spending cuts and tax increases, we're broke remember.
Homer is half right, as usual.

Please feel free to make a voluntary payment to the US Treasury to show your conviction.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#874406 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
That's got to sting a bit eh rightwingers?
The Romney campaign learned about Portman's son when vetting Portman for the VP slot. Portman would have made a far better choice than Paul Ryan and was probably passed over because, because, because. At this point Portman has nothing to lose__he'll continue along as a senator and his kid won't hate him.
NUT surpriZed

Pompano Beach, FL

#874407 Mar 15, 2013
waxywaxturd wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not Surprized" on board!!! Show my favorite sockpuppet some topix love!!!
Keep an eye on which posts I respond to!!! It's quite revealng!!
I scratched and clawed my way out today folks, what can I say!
Warm hugs, Not Surprized.
Not Surprized! ROTFLMAO!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#874409 Mar 15, 2013
Homer 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Gunner, good to see you, how you doing today?
Good, and you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) 1 hr William Walker 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Mandela 71,007
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr B as in B S as in S 49,177
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Phil Donahue 306,962
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 14 hr Careless Crecca 69
Middletown Police Handcuff 10-Year Old Girl Dur... 18 hr I call cops Pigs 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance