Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1402892 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#866502 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Republicans are losing the spending argument
For the past several years, congressional Republicans have focused relentlessly on a single message: Washington — led by President Obama — is spending too much money, and it needs to stop.
But according to new Washington Post-ABC News polling, that laser-like focus isn’t helping Republicans win the argument over federal spending — with 67 percent of those tested disapproving of the “way Republicans in Congress are handling federal spending.”
While Obama’s numbers aren’t stellar on that same spending question — 52 percent disapproval — he is in considerably stronger shape than his Republican adversaries as Washington braces for the $1.2 trillion in automatic cuts known as the sequester to take effect on Friday. In fact, Obama’s 43 percent overall approval on his handling of federal spending is the same number as those who strongly disapprove of how congressional Republicans are handling it.
As we have seen in other recent polling, a major part of Republicans’ overall approval problem — in this case on federal spending — comes from divisions within their own party.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?

Since: Nov 09

Mcallen, TX

#866503 Mar 1, 2013
Old Crazy Goober wrote:
Dag Nab It! Anyone see my dentures? I'm trying to bite my judgeits, but my gums won't cut through the ammo so I can git to my judgeits!
Who's deleting my judgeits?
Must be Bush's fault!
Waxturd, do you realize that you confessed to being the narcissistic mentally ill moron I've been exposing here for months? This proves that what you do all day is insure that every right wing post is covered with positive judge-its and every progressive post is covered with negative judge-its.
Here's the proof:
Page 40,035 : Post#866017
Waxturd/Goober/Jimmy
<Quoted text>
"Hey there Judgeit Nut!
It was funny this morning.
Jimmy was up 5 then some lib had Jimmy beat. It was back & forth right up through the twenties and the lib couldn't keep up and quit."

Pathetic.

Since: Nov 09

Mcallen, TX

#866505 Mar 1, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Perseveration
The involuntary and pathologic persistence of the same verbal response or motor activity regardless of the stimulus or its duration. The condition occurs primarily in patients with brain damage or organic mental disorders, although it may also appear in schizophrenia as an association disturbance. It is caused by a neurologic deficit.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866506 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey. are a liberal, lying pansy, woman?
inquiring minds.
Sorry, Sonic, that wasn't me. That was "him" and you know who I mean when I say, "him..."
OldRaidCan

Pompano Beach, FL

#866507 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Waxturd, do you realize that you confessed to being the narcissistic mentally ill moron I've been exposing here for months? This proves that what you do all day is insure that every right wing post is covered with positive judge-its and every progressive post is covered with negative judge-its.
Here's the proof:
Page 40,035 : Post#866017
Waxturd/Goober/Jimmy
<Quoted text>
"Hey there Judgeit Nut!
It was funny this morning.
Jimmy was up 5 then some lib had Jimmy beat. It was back & forth right up through the twenties and the lib couldn't keep up and quit."
Pathetic.
You forgot to mention the name of the nursing home in which you reside while getting excited over judgits.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866508 Mar 1, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
hey. are a liberal, lying pansy, woman?
inquiring minds.
"Yes" is what she's trying to say.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866509 Mar 1, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The Truth? Are we being scammed?
The only good President is the one who tried. Honestly.
I think "scam" is a good way to describe it. I've used the term "hijacked" a few times.

Myself and others were saying back in November 2008 we weren't in Kansas anymore. After four long years, others are finally figuring out we weren't kidding.

This president had "bad news" written all over him before the first election. For him to win a second term was like passengers on a hijacked plan asking their captors to keep them hostage.

Something I will never understand for as long as I live.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866510 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Sonic, that wasn't me. That was "him" and you know who I mean when I say, "him..."
Insecure men hide behind women's identities who intimidate them.
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866511 Mar 1, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
When Obama issues the election orders, Homer will get in line just like the rest of the troops.
Are you trying to goad me sir? Don't you want me to vote for the Republican?
carol

Orlando, FL

#866512 Mar 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer… No I think she was referencing back to one of Obama’s campaign speeches where Obama said he just visited 57 States and one Left!!
And then he added, "But I didn't visit Alaska and Hawaii". That last part is often overlooked.

In other words, he said he visited 57 states - not including Alaska and Hawaii - with 1 left to go. That's 60.

Don't care how tired presidential candidates get on the campaign trail, any American would know if they said 57 states without correcting it immediately. Especially after the audience started giggling.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866513 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
"Yes" is what she's trying to say.
Insecure men steal women's identities who intimidate them.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866514 Mar 1, 2013
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Miss Carol, as the saying goes,'It takes all kinds'? On these threads they come out of the woodwork.. When you have a leech in the White House, what can you expect?
Sorry you were misled, but that was "Mr. Carol" you responded to.
carol

Orlando, FL

#866515 Mar 1, 2013
Mike McCurry, press secretary to President Bill Clinton said,“This White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing."

“Seriously Misguided Democrat”

Since: Oct 12

Chicago Thugtown

#866516 Mar 1, 2013
Where's my judgeits? Dag Nab It! Doh! My teeth just fell out again!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866517 Mar 1, 2013
ABC News Ann Compton said,“The way the president’s availability to the press has shrunk in the last two years is a disgrace. This White House goes to extreme lengths to keep the press away.”
Homer 2016

Bethlehem, PA

#866518 Mar 1, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer… No I think she was referencing back to one of Obama’s campaign speeches where Obama said he just visited 57 States and one Left!!
For the millionth time what he meant was 47 with 1 to go, referring to the lower 48 states. End of non-story. Next.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866519 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I think "scam" is a good way to describe it. I've used the term "hijacked" a few times.
Myself and others were saying back in November 2008 we weren't in Kansas anymore. After four long years, others are finally figuring out we weren't kidding.
This president had "bad news" written all over him before the first election. For him to win a second term was like passengers on a hijacked plan asking their captors to keep them hostage.
Something I will never understand for as long as I live.
66 million people disagree with you!!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#866520 Mar 1, 2013
OldRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Perseveration
The involuntary and pathologic persistence of the same verbal response or motor activity regardless of the stimulus or its duration. The condition occurs primarily in patients with brain damage or organic mental disorders, although it may also appear in schizophrenia as an association disturbance. It is caused by a neurologic deficit.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#866521 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
Mike McCurry, press secretary to President Bill Clinton said,“This White House gets away with stuff I would never have dreamed of doing."
Whatever, who cares? 6666! That's your number!
carol

Orlando, FL

#866522 Mar 1, 2013
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. There are still a few of us left in this world.
Insecure men...well, you know the rest by now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 35 min cpeter1313 311,484
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,816
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 20 hr JackArmStrong 20,383
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Fri USS LIBERTY 72,033
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Thu Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages