Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,863)

Showing posts 777,241 - 777,260 of1,034,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of us aren't against banning assault rifles. Then again, some of us don't much about guns either, myself included, and why I don't say much about this topic.
But the problem that still remains is criminals don't obey the law.
What I really think is happening is many don't trust the motives behind the knee jerk reaction to go after guns considering the extremes to which the left has gone to make law-abiding citizens look like criminals instead.
The president has always had a problem making his case without ostricizing and demonizing half the country.
That's why there's also a knee jerk reaction to bristle.
Knee jerk? Is there something wrong with you? The President is doing what he can in the face of increasing public angst over gun murders. Once again; the President is on the side of Americans.
What about the rights of Americans to be able to walk down a street, send their children to school, without getting shot?
Try being on the side of the people for once in your damned life.
Get rid of the guns. These yahoos who are whining about their guns are sick in the head, they think they're returning to 1776 fer krissakes.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

YOU! By setting him off. Don't forget to zig zag, hag a$$!
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a weird cousin that has an effing arsenal of weapons in his basement! They are a powder keg, who knows what will set them off.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't own a Ar-15...to protect me and my family/property from my boogey-man...
But a univ can have a $285k apc to protect a college from theirs?????
http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/06/liberal-berkel...
so all of you nutjobs can't hit the broad side of a barn with a handgun?

first time i loaded a shotgun i put 5 shells in it. my grandfather looked at me and said....If you can't hit a bird with three shots, 2 more probably won't help anyway.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps it's none of your business.
Perhaps you should be concerned with your own life and phantom family.

"The *first black president* who ... "
Why, was there *one* before him who didn't?
You've got the integrity of a Sloth.

A lot of maybes for another's child's future.
Dripping with pretense of good will, animosity and imposed self-indulgent, unrealistic "imaginings", though you tried to couch them under the guise of "concern". You're not that clever.
Or skilled. You're transparent.

And I doubt you "hope" anything good for her.
You don't wish anything good for him. HIPPO-CRITE!

You're not a dreamer. You're a delusional folly. And you're not the only one.
The only true statement in your entire post.
<quoted text>
Or, perhaps she'll be inspired by the first black President who ...maybe she'll even meet and marry a black man as well. Maybe your grandchildren will be mixed race, maybe then a backward person like yourself will evolve.
I only hope for her that you havent' turned her into a racist rightwing hater.
"Imagine all the people, living in harmony. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one..."

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Your boogey man is a figment of your imagination.

Shooters with deadly weapons are a familiar sight on College Campuses today. DUH

So yes, the University can buy an armored vehicle.

I'm pretty certain they have Gov't permission.

The difference is the vehicle will be used by trained law enforcement officials.

The AR-15 would be used by an untrained, ignorant, frightened coward, namely you.

Get the picture, wingnut??
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't own a Ar-15...to protect me and my family/property from my boogey-man...
But a univ can have a $285k apc to protect a college from theirs?????
http://www.ipsnews.net/2012/06/liberal-berkel...

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Ike's granddaughter slams the pathetic NRA.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-nr...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
Obama is hitting all th eright notes, and that's what really drives these hateful wingnuts over the edge.
They're losing in the only court that counts; the court of public opinion.
When these cowards feel the need to hide behind military style weapons, we're all in trouble.
Time to get these rifles off th estreets of America.
Can't wait for the first drone strikes used on right wing anti-government militias.
And a few of these Sheriffs with big mouths getting arrested.
Just like James Yeager, all the tough talk will end, and they'll whine about how they're merely 'misunderstood'. LOL
----------
" The CEO who said that he would "start killing people" if President Barack Obama tightened gun control regulations has walked back on his comments.
"I said some pretty volatile stuff which I apologize for. I do not in any way advocate the overthrowing of the United States government, nor do I condone any violent actions towards any elected officials," James Yeager, CEO of Tactical Response, a Tennessee-based defense training company, said in a YouTube video on Friday.""
----------
Apparently, the wingnuts on this thread didn't get Yeagers memo!!
I'm lovin it as the American people support Obama on gun control!!
<quoted text>
That guy Yeager is a nutjob; kudos to the State of TN for revoking his permit. He was inciting violence and public discord. We must be grateful for the big mouths like that; however, it's the quiet ones who end up being mass murderers.
On another note; Whole Foods CEO, who called the Healthcare Law, fascist; has now attempted to backtrack his comments.
I assume he didn't get the memo about what happened to Darden Foods; a near 40% drop in business!
What is wrong with these people? Who does he think are his customers?

Since: Nov 09

Alamo, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not vote for reagan....or bush I....
And i was anti-gun back then...pro marijuana...pro abortion...pro tax the rich....etc...
Another etch-a-sketch Republican, or did you have a lobotomy?
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

What bothers me the most is this president's connections - both past and present.

Rev. Wright
ACORN
SEIU
Communist Czars/communist sympathizers as advisors
Marxist professors as "friends"

The list goes on, but shouldn't at least 2 out of the 5 raise an eyebrow or two?

We're talking about the President of the United States of America having close affiliations with shady, corrupt and/or controversial people and organizations.

Surely, even some here on the left aren't that far on the fringe. I hope.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>another baby to SUPPORT you mean, because God forbid this 21 year old, unmarried woman who already has two kids should use her "FREE" government issued birth control that we also pay for.
and if Tamika had an abortion, you'd be in favor of stomping on the baby's head or burning off its skin, or sucking its brains out.
the only thing I WOULD like to do, is buy the whole family a 1-way ticket to 666 Ostentatious Lane, Boca Raton, FL. you can wear your clueless lib expression when you open your front door.
Why? I'm not the phony liar who claims to devote hours to charitable causes like you!! LOL.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, here's Waxturd in his JEB dress!!
Morning, Miss Jeb!!
lily says you should "gfy". LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Knee jerk? Is there something wrong with you? The President is doing what he can in the face of increasing public angst over gun murders. Once again; the President is on the side of Americans.
What about the rights of Americans to be able to walk down a street, send their children to school, without getting shot?
Try being on the side of the people for once in your damned life.
Get rid of the guns. These yahoos who are whining about their guns are sick in the head, they think they're returning to 1776 fer krissakes.
I understand that. He has to do something. But demonizing the opposition isn't the right way to win friends and influence people.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

A Republican-controlled committee in the Virginia State Senate voted 8-7 on Thursday to block Democrats' efforts to repeal a new mandatory ultrasound law and a set of regulations that could shut down many abortion clinics in the state. The committee also voted down a new anti-abortion bill that would have prevented Medicaid from paying for low-income women's abortions in cases where there is a severe fetal anomaly.
Virginia Republicans attracted national criticism in early 2012 when they proposed a bill requiring women to undergo invasive, medically unnecessary transvaginal ultrasound procedures before having an abortion. Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) later helped Republicans revise the bill to require only external, "jelly-on-the-belly" procedures, and he signed that version into law.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/17/virg...
i dont' recall you commenting on hospitals not delivery babies anymore because of ObamaCare.

'All of the mayhem mentioned so far is only on the provider side of the equation; it doesn’t take into account the consequences such a loss will have on the population. It isn’t difficult to work out how a shortage of obstetricians might affect the public. Just look at Canada which has a shortage of care similar to what we’re about to experience. It is not unheard of for Canadian women in labor to travel, sometimes for hundreds of miles, by air, to find a hospital in which to have a baby.

Windber Hospital is not the first hospital in America to see such defections. They will not be the last. And this is only the beginning. Obstetricians will not be the only category of physician to leave the medical field. Shortages of available doctors, in every field, are predicted nationwide.

It is not uncommon for liberals to mandate actions that wind up hurting everyone. Their justification is always “I meant well.” The likes of John Edwards, who made millions channeling infants’ complaints while pursuing obstetrical lawsuits and other Democrat supporters of the Trial Lawyers Association made certain that tort reform was never tackled as a means to curb health care costs. Lawsuits are the primary cause of towering physician fees and are large contributors to escalating insurance rates.

Instead, liberals have gone out of their way to level the playing field in such a way that many doctors will no longer be able to practice at all. What good is Obamacare “coverage” if there aren’t enough doctors to provide care? For anyone? One wonders how liberals will break it to their base that they might be required to stop having children someday soon.'

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/01/you-may-n...
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How far are you willing to go to keep law-abiding citizens from having firearms to protect themselves?
Just want to know where you stand exactly.
As I have stated, own all the guns you want, what do I care?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>another baby to SUPPORT you mean, because God forbid this 21 year old, unmarried woman who already has two kids should use her "FREE" government issued birth control that we also pay for.
and if Tamika had an abortion, you'd be in favor of stomping on the baby's head or burning off its skin, or sucking its brains out.
the only thing I WOULD like to do, is buy the whole family a 1-way ticket to 666 Ostentatious Lane, Boca Raton, FL. you can wear your clueless lib expression when you open your front door.
In addition; Carol claims that there are thousands of childless couples just waiting for a baby to adopt.!!
Yes, prevent women from having abortions, so that they will be forced to endure pregnancy to help the childless couples!!
You people are sick in the head.
Jane Says

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

After its general election battering, the Republican party has retreated to lick its wounds and ponder what went wrong – on the leafy grounds of a luxury golf resort in Virginia.
And what better place for today’s GOP to hold strategy sessions titled “Successful communication with minorities and women” than on the grounds of a former plantation in the south?
Among the motivational speakers invited to address the retreat is Erik Weihenmayer, the first blind man to climb Mt Everest and thus the perfect person to inspire Republicans as they grope their way towards the heights of government.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/17/republi...
Moochelle Obama could have probably recommended another, more lavish place--world traveler on the taxpayers' dime that she is. Maybe that resort in Spain could have hosted the strategy sessions. Or the expensive Vail ski trip location.
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>How cute , male bonding at its best .
Nah, just making an observation, I have see rightwing kids, blank stare, open mouth, usually picking their noses as well, pretty standard stuff.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the only people being told when they have to retire I'm aware of are commercial airline pilots. The government can dictate when you get the benefits we've been told by the SC really aren't ours. We can retire anytime we can afford it.
If only some of the geezers on the SC could be forced out. That little oversight is a major disaster.
FDR come close of doing that because of the 9 Old Men they became to be known for continuously ruling his New Deal Legistlation Unconstitutional and the only reason Social Security act got through is because FDR threatened to remove the SCOTUS justices or add more SCOTUS justices to the SCOTUS since FDR was granted special powers by Congress which more less Suspended the US Constitution and threw it out the door under the banking act of 1933 and Obama wanted Congress to grant him those same powers as FDR was granted in 2009.

Seventy-five Years After FDR's Court-packing Scheme Failed

http://thenewamerican.com/culture/history/ite...

Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially-proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/1933.htm
Homer 2013

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that. He has to do something. But demonizing the opposition isn't the right way to win friends and influence people.
Please stop, rightwingers have been demonizing the president from the moment he threw his hat into the ring lo those many years ago, as usual you have it backwards.
Nuculur obamabortion

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

<quoted text>
Why? I'm not the phony liar who claims to devote hours to charitable causes like you!! LOL.
Not with all the time you spend in the liquor aisles, that's for sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 777,241 - 777,260 of1,034,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 18 at 9:37PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••