Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
773,201 - 773,220 of 1,098,804 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
DEBIL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

"Carol.... carol... where's that beer I tol' you to get? You better not be back on that computer...."

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
Wasn't the last election a mandate? president nobama said it was. If it was a mandate why did he tell Rice to withdraw? I would bet you would love it if nobama used an executive order to place her in that position, fuckthe constitution, right? The community organizer know's all. Right?
Actually considering that "poop's" hard work on nobama's behalf ensured the reelection of the president nobama why was he not the nominee put forward? After all "poop" is an expert on foreign affairs. Just ask him or better yet read his bio/fantasy that will be released some summer.
Peace
KMA
Still trying to weasel out the very stupid post you made.

Rice withdrew her name.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that Republicans could not have blocked Susan Rice, or any other appointee, if Obama had really wanted her. Obama preferred Kerry over Rice.
Kerry may have been the choice from the beginning.
A false victory for the Republicans after their loss in 2012
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

BLOOMING IDIOTS wrote:
Obama Opposed Gun Ban Exception to Defend Oneís Home
by Keith Koffler on January 11, 2013, 9:58 am
As a state senator in Illinois, President Obama opposed legislation providing an exception to handgun restrictions if the weapon was used in the defense of oneís home.
Obamaís vote would have maintained the status quo, which made it a violation of municipal gun ban law to use a firearm to save your own life in your own home. But the bill was passed anyway without his support.
The vote is a sign of how committed Obama may be to strict gun control measures.
The Illinois vote is hardly ancient history, having occurred in 2004 as Obama was running for election to the U.S. Senate. In opposing the measure, Obama lined up well to the left of the mainstream, as the Illinois Senate included 32 Democrats to 26 Republicans but approved the bill by an overwhelming margin and subsequently overrode a veto by then-Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
Obama did not participate in the veto override, which occurred in November 2004, likely after Obama had resigned his state Senate seat in order to prepare for his new role in the U.S. Senate.
The Illinois legislation was passed after a man who shot a burglar in his home was fined $750 by his town for disobeying its handgun ban. The absurdity and injustice of the situation doesnít seem to have made much of an impression on Obama.
Just eight years earlier, in 1996, Obama answered ďYesĒ to a survey question asking whether he would support state legislation to ďban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.Ē The Obama 2008 presidential campaign claimed the form had been filled out by an aide who mischaracterized Obamaís position, even though Obamaís handwriting was found on survey.
President Obama is no longer a State Senator.
Interesting to see what will occur next week

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a big difference to seeing once in a hundred year storm to weather events that suddenly turn up annually. Very soon insurance for homes will be so high it will be unaffordable. They rate risk on the basis of how many times these events occur then set the rates. If radical weather change brings on heatwaves resulting in firestorms, and floods along with hurricanes every 2nd year then its always going to be lose lose situation. You may as well build an Ark!
" Mr Brooks said haboobs are not common but do happen around northern parts of Western Australia. However, it is not common for there to be so many images capturing the phenomenon."

Cameras are causing global warming!

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's obsessed with dave?
Are you still hoping he'll talk to you? Hahahaha
BTW,did you apologize for calling me a liar on he Keystone Pipeline?

Did you finally admit that saying Obama is only nominating white men that it means he isn't nominating women???

Or, will you just continue to make a jackass of yourself.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

BLOOMING IDIOTS wrote:
18 Facts That Prove That Piers Morgan Is Flat Out Lying About Gun Control
Michael Snyder
The Truth
January 12, 2013
Piers Morgan is getting on television every night and flat out lying to the American people about gun control. Nearly every statistic that he quotes is inaccurate and he fails to acknowledge a whole host of statistics that would instantly invalidate the arguments that he is trying to make. Yes, the UK has a lower gun murder rate than the United States does, but what Piers Morgan fails to tell you is that the overall rate of violent crime in the UK is about 4 times higher than it is in the United States. A woman in the UK is not allowed pull out a gun to protect herself against a gang of potential rapists. So perhaps that explains why the UK has about 125 percent more rape victims per 100,000 people than the United States does. While UK newspapers are declaring that the UK has become the ďviolent crime capital of EuropeĒ, crime rates in the United States have actually fallen dramatically over the past 20 years. This was also a time period during which gun laws became much less restrictive in the United States. Today, murder rates in the U.S. are generally far higher in cities that have very strict gun control laws (such as Chicago) than they are for the general population. The cold, hard numbers make it clear that when there are more guns there is less crime, but hardcore leftists such as Piers Morgan are absolutely obsessed with gun control and Morgan continues to relentlessly attack the 2nd Amendment night after night. We need to start pointing out that he is not telling the truth.
The following are 18 facts that prove that Piers Morgan is flat out lying about gun controlÖ
#1 The UK has approximately 125 percent more rape victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.
#2 The UK has approximately 133 percent more assault victims per 100,000 people each year than the United States does.
#3 Piers Morgan continues to insist that there are more than 11,000 gun murders in the United States every year. But that is flat out wrong. According to the FBI, there were 8,583 gun murders in the United States during 2011. And as Ben Swann recently pointed out, 400 of those were justifiable homicides by law enforcement and 260 of those were justifiable homicides by private citizens.
#4 The United States is #1 in the world in gun ownership, and yet it is only 28thin the world in gun murders per 100,000 people.
Most statistics are made up.

Piers Morgan seems ok,He makes sense.
What is your problem?
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Moby Dick was book I read as child also read Lord of the flies book for brother to pass book report. Lord of the flies was sickening book for kids but was paid to read it to improve older brothers grades. GF008 Safer World 2013

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mary Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, calm down yourself. The last thing women need is another man telling them what to do.
New yawk was right, the debil is a woman
DEBIL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Oh, come on, carol, I know them all. I read the whole thread. Think of me as your biographer. I saw you posting to yourself; using three different names at the same time. I'm not ashamed of you, carol, you're an inspiration to me.

You know, they do it me sometimes too... but they regret it. You don't regret it do you, carol? I mean, your life would've been... less full without someone like me, am I right?
BLOOMING IDIOTS

Nashville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

A letter from the head of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel, to President Obama.

Dear President Obama,

Let me begin by saying that you can count on us to support your efforts in disarming American citizens in any way we can.

The Fast and Furious operation backfired a bit in this regard, but Iím glad to see it hasnít stopped you.

As you know, we are making inroads on US soil. Weíve set up significant operations in the Southwest, one area where armed citizens can be a bit of trouble to us, especially if they own land we cross or are adjacent to.

We view their disarming with a positive attitude. I would say your basic gun-grabbing strategy is primarily aimed at the American West. The border states need to be cleaned out. The fewer people there who have guns (particularly those with high-capacity clips), the easier it is for us.

But since our drug trafficking lines take in most of America, wherever citizens arenít armed weíre generally in better shape.

Iím pleasantly surprised that media in your country havenít pressed you to name the areas where most gun violence is taking place. After all, if your objective is to reduce that violence, you would think a campaign directed at gangs in inner cities would rank number one on your to-do list.

Those areas and those gangs do subcontracting work for us (and other Mexican cartels). Leaving them in place is a priority for us. So congratulations on being able to skirt this tricky issue. Your cojones are, indeed, huge.

Please pass along my thanks to Brian Williams, Scott Pelley, and Diane Sawyer. I assume they are in your pocket and carrying your message. Undoubtedly, they are also refraining from bringing up the gang issue. Whenever I speak with the president of Mexico, I point out your masterly and deft control of media as a model we should emulate.

Now to the real reason Iím writing. In Chicago, your crime stronghold, one of our people is on trial. This is a sensitive matter, as you know.

The defendant, Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, wants to expose our arrangement. This must not happen. So far, your DEA and CIA have managed to gain trial delays.

Niebla and his lawyers are ready to offer documents that show the Sinaloa has US federal permission to ship tons of drugs into Chicago, and from there to other distribution points in the US.

Niebla will reveal this deal was made so that Sinaloa would provide valuable information on our rival cartels to the DEA and the FBI.

Therefore, Niebla will point out that he has special immunity from prosecution. That was part of the deal for high-ranking Sinaloa members.

Fortunately, his trial hasnít been played up in the American press. Again, well done. Coverage has been stifled. Itís stayed on the back burner, and the CIA and DEA are claiming no such immunity deal exists for Niebla.

But at the same time, the CIA has been making motions in court to have documents excluded from the trial on the basis of National Security.

This is a gross tip-off to our deal, and it doesnít sit well with me. Itís awkward. Iím sure you agree, Mr. President.

The last thing we need here is exposure, especially while youíre pushing forward your gun-grabbing program.

Sinaloa has members and agents and sub-contractors operating all over the US, and naturally these people are armed. They not only sell drugs, they shoot people. We canít control everything they do.

They get into intramural squabbles and use their weapons to settle disagreements. Bodies pile up. Sometimes, innocent people are killed.

Our subcontractors commit unrelated crimes that have nothing to do with drugs. They rob, they steal, they shoot, they kill.

If it comes out that Sinaloa and all its component parts, operating within US borders, are contributing mightily to high gun-violence statisticsó
DEBIL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

It's sort of like how at night sometimes I hear these voices calling to me... "Debil... Debil... I need you, Debil... I need you deep inside of me... please..." Usually I figure it's the garbage guys out in the alley fuckin' with me, but sometimes... sometimes it's a woman's voice... an' it soft, an' plaintive, an' with jus' the right amount of pretend innocence to call the Debil from his slumber... like you did, honey... you prolly not even know you doin' it did you?

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that Republicans could not have blocked Susan Rice, or any other appointee, if Obama had really wanted her. Obama preferred Kerry over Rice.
filibuster

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text> In May of 1989, President Bush made the import ban permanent, and proposed a ban on all magazines holding more than 15 rounds. Under the Bush proposal, all large-capacity ďammunition feeding devicesĒ currently in private hands would have to be registered with the federal government, under terms similar to the current registration of machine guns.
If Obama has gun banning ideas he got them from Repubs.
From your article

" Anyway, it would not surprise me to see the name of GHWB invoked by the gun control crowd. Just know that GHWB was no supporter of the Second Amendment."

Hahahaha
BLOOMING IDIOTS

Nashville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Mexican Drug Cartels Thank Obama for Gun Control Push

A letter from the head of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel, to President Obama.Dear President Obama,

Let me begin by saying that you can count on us to support your efforts in disarming American citizens in any way we can.

The Fast and Furious operation backfired a bit in this regard, but Iím glad to see it hasnít stopped you.

As you know, we are making inroads on US soil. Weíve set up significant operations in the Southwest, one area where armed citizens can be a bit of trouble to us, especially if they own land we cross or are adjacent to.

We view their disarming with a positive attitude. I would say your basic gun-grabbing strategy is primarily aimed at the American West. The border states need to be cleaned out. The fewer people there who have guns (particularly those with high-capacity clips), the easier it is for us.

But since our drug trafficking lines take in most of America, wherever citizens arenít armed weíre generally in better shape.

Iím pleasantly surprised that media in your country havenít pressed you to name the areas where most gun violence is taking place. After all, if your objective is to reduce that violence, you would think a campaign directed at gangs in inner cities would rank number one on your to-do list.

Those areas and those gangs do subcontracting work for us (and other Mexican cartels). Leaving them in place is a priority for us. So congratulations on being able to skirt this tricky issue. Your cojones are, indeed, huge.

Please pass along my thanks to Brian Williams, Scott Pelley, and Diane Sawyer. I assume they are in your pocket and carrying your message. Undoubtedly, they are also refraining from bringing up the gang issue. Whenever I speak with the president of Mexico, I point out your masterly and deft control of media as a model we should emulate.

Now to the real reason Iím writing. In Chicago, your crime stronghold, one of our people is on trial. This is a sensitive matter, as you know.

The defendant, Jesus Vicente Zambada-Niebla, wants to expose our arrangement. This must not happen. So far, your DEA and CIA have managed to gain trial delays.

Niebla and his lawyers are ready to offer documents that show the Sinaloa has US federal permission to ship tons of drugs into Chicago, and from there to other distribution points in the US.

Niebla will reveal this deal was made so that Sinaloa would provide valuable information on our rival cartels to the DEA and the FBI.

Therefore, Niebla will point out that he has special immunity from prosecution. That was part of the deal for high-ranking Sinaloa members.

Fortunately, his trial hasnít been played up in the American press. Again, well done. Coverage has been stifled. Itís stayed on the back burner, and the CIA and DEA are claiming no such immunity deal exists for Niebla.

But at the same time, the CIA has been making motions in court to have documents excluded from the trial on the basis of National Security.

This is a gross tip-off to our deal, and it doesnít sit well with me. Itís awkward. Iím sure you agree, Mr. President.

The last thing we need here is exposure, especially while youíre pushing forward your gun-grabbing program.

Sinaloa has members and agents and sub-contractors operating all over the US, and naturally these people are armed. They not only sell drugs, they shoot people. We canít control everything they do.

They get into intramural squabbles and use their weapons to settle disagreements. Bodies pile up. Sometimes, innocent people are killed.

Our subcontractors commit unrelated crimes that have nothing to do with drugs. They rob, they steal, they shoot, they kill.

If it comes out that Sinaloa and all its component parts, operating within US borders, are contributing mightily to high gun-violence statisticsó
DEBIL

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
New yawk was right, the debil is a woman
Sometimes he is... sometimes he isn't. He can go either way. You? You like it on you knees or would you rather jus
bend over at the waist an' say, "ahhhhhhhh?"
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
" Mr Brooks said haboobs are not common but do happen around northern parts of Western Australia. However, it is not common for there to be so many images capturing the phenomenon."
Cameras are causing global warming!
Republicans seem on the wrong side of this issue, as with immigration.
BLOOMING IDIOTS

Nashville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

A letter from the head of the Sinaloa Drug Cartel, to President Obama.

Dear President Obama,

And if it comes out that Sinaloa has a special arrangement to do business in the US without fear of disruptionó

Your gun-grabbing program and our operations will both be in dire jeopardy.

And the blow-up in the press will be catastrophic for both of us.

You and I understand this is just business, but other people donít see it that way.

Therefore, Mr. President, Iím stating, in the strongest terms possible, that the Niebla trial in Chicago has to be shut down, one way or another.

Either a quiet plea deal has to be struck, or we will be forced to do something drastic. Soon.

If Iím reading you right, and I believe I am, your gun-grabbing program is just one step in an Operation Chaos aimed at destabilizing your country.

In the past, we have contributed to that agenda, and we continue to do so. We donít pretend to understand this whole game at its higher levels, but to us that doesnít matter. Weíre in business to make money and sell product.

We support you.

And we expect you to support us.

Congratulations on achieving a second term in office. Please pass along my regards to President Bush, his father, and President Clinton.

By the way, in case you werenít briefed on the specifics of the Aurora and Sandy Hook shootings, I want to state, unequivocally, that no Sinaloa member provided professional services in those operations, which were obviously aimed at provoking a successful follow-up gun-control program.

Yours truly,

XXXXXX

CEO, Sinaloa

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW,did you apologize for calling me a liar on he Keystone Pipeline?
Did you finally admit that saying Obama is only nominating white men that it means he isn't nominating women???
Or, will you just continue to make a jackass of yourself.
Want me to link to the completed eir? You stupid fckn liar.
Fact...obama has not nominated a woman, sucka! Stupid fckn sheep.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Oh, please, Idiot, don't encourage him. I don't care about me any longer but he'll destroy the entire thjread if you let him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Hartford County was issued at August 27 at 5:19AM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE