Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 38,498)

Showing posts 769,941 - 769,960 of1,072,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Edit: Caliphonybrokia.
They need an economic adjustment in an even bigger way.
(cut Nancy Pelosi's botox insurance payments and make them self pay, that should help some !!)
Ann Romney was accused of having botox treatments. Miss Pelosi is a pretty lady looks 18 to me and may be part Indian herself.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>True vegetable oil is what I've been known to use. President Obama has 4 years for more great accomplishments. Nobel Peace Prize winner wants a peaceful world starting here at home. This gun violence has got to stop. The NRA should endorse any proposal to make guns safer and our schools and various other facilities safe from gun violence. Who needs an assault rifle to deer hunt with or a banana clip with 5,000 rounds of ammunition unless you are United States Military or Law Enforcement.
Police should not have any weapons not available to the general public.

Probably more criminals per capita in police forces than in the general public.

The police should be our employees, not our masters.
brown eyes

Blacksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy to say unless you lose close friends or hear of children being gunned down for no reason. Something has to be and will be done. Europe has very rare cases of gun violence why do they have to set the example.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Ann Romney was accused of having botox treatments. Miss Pelosi is a pretty lady looks 18 to me and may be part Indian herself.
Baltimore Italian, age 72, worth in excess of $60 million.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Joshua Boston’s Letter to Dianne Feinstein

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government’s right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma’am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.

I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,

Joshua Boston

Cpl, United States Marine Corps

2004-2012

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/joshua-boston...

Gun owners push back: a former Marine's letter to Dianne Feinstein

http://news.yahoo.com/gun-owners-push-back-fo...

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Evil rich stuff...

"Holder Brags About Burning 3,000 Bankers At the Stake"

more accurately...

"...the Justice Department boasts of charging "nearly 3,000" bankers with lending discrimination and fraud."

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials-pers...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to say unless you lose close friends or hear of children being gunned down for no reason. Something has to be and will be done. Europe has very rare cases of gun violence why do they have to set the example.
Sacrificing liberty for the perception of security is never a good bargain.

Gun violence may be a problem in your neighborhood, but not so for most people.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>True vegetable oil is what I've been known to use. President Obama has 4 years for more great accomplishments. Nobel Peace Prize winner wants a peaceful world starting here at home. This gun violence has got to stop. The NRA should endorse any proposal to make guns safer and our schools and various other facilities safe from gun violence. Who needs an assault rifle to deer hunt with or a banana clip with 5,000 rounds of ammunition unless you are United States Military or Law Enforcement.
one thing you may want to keep in mind. The 2nd amendment is the one right that protects all of your other rights.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Fiscal CLiff, tax hikes, and what they spent(d)...

a visual representation...

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/...
brown eyes

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Virginia resident pricless. Just like the Mona Lisa painting.
brown eyes

Vinton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

moshx wrote:
<quoted text>one thing you may want to keep in mind. The 2nd amendment is the one right that protects all of your other rights.
True but save the children should be included in the U.S. Constitution.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Good night all!

“wake up”

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Easy to say unless you lose close friends or hear of children being gunned down for no reason. Something has to be and will be done. Europe has very rare cases of gun violence why do they have to set the example.
fact is,even with the gun bans in europe they still have murders.they also have shootings. Just proves criminals don't pay much atention to laws and will find a way to do their deeds. The only people adversly effected by the bans are those that obey laws and are not able to protect themselves from those who don't .
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
Dream on. It's been going on since time began.

The robbinghoodietic "gangsta ghetto gutter mob" MENTALity needs to stop--and decency, integrity, ethics and morality needs returned to the public squares.
Maybe this nation needs a return of a few of the TEN commandements put back in place again-to remind losers and psychoTics, what they should NOT be doing to others.
The modern day puppet on strings ComInChiefs should stay state side, and make good use of the Armed Forces in securing schools, and not leave up to some org that is PRO Second Ammendment to do something that is NOT their job. They really should do a better job in strangling out economics via EPA knots, and overseeing the poisons that the EPA lets loose too.

As far extreme assault weaponary-I could see limiting such to one per household. That's all anyone would need, should a low life thug decide they were "entitled" to something they never were.
But only on the heavy artillery, and only if this nation remains based on the tenets of a peaceful Democracy...rather than rebellious and violent uprisings in the streets. Then to hell with limiting anything for people to protect themselves with.

Might help to regulate and adhere to RATINGS again-on some of the disgusting and vile crap that infiltrates the lives of kids every day via the idiot box as well, especially in today's society, because all that ghetto gutter level street garbage, isn't the answer at all.

And that's just a FEW things that could use improvement-aside from BUDGETS, Capping and Curbing and a nation needing JOBS for people to live within their OWN means (rather than a nation half dependent on the "givverment") again.

And We already know what a great humanitarian POTUS and actual deserved Nobel prize winner Jimmy Carter was. A Christian one at that...with an impressive service and verifiable edu record. They don't make 'em much like that anymore...but they need to again.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
One mistake does not justify another.
And two wrongs do NOT make a right.
(that's an oldie but good one!!)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Ann Romney was accused of having botox treatments. Miss Pelosi is a pretty lady looks 18 to me and may be part Indian herself.
Botox should be disallowed in insurance-unless it's part of a more extensive (and higher cost to the purchaser) plan.

It would save alot of dishonest "tax credits" being abused as well.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxpayers should not be footing the bills for botox :-).
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>True but save the children should be included in the U.S. Constitution.
Tell that to street thugs.

When it's 10 oclock nightly each day, America should know where it;s children are.

“wake up”

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>True but save the children should be included in the U.S. Constitution.
our children should be kept safe as you say but punnishing law obeying people for the crimes of sycopaths and criminals is not the answer.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrificing liberty for the perception of security is never a good bargain.
Gun violence may be a problem in your neighborhood, but not so for most people.
This is why the US has always been LAST in line on the uptake for any social reform, because it can't get past you guys.
It goes all the way back to prohibition to the current day, there are certain things about square head thinking that strangles creativity and stops social change. I listed a few examples the other day, i mean minting pennies is one of them. It costs a third more than face value to make, same as a nickel. In today's climate total waste of time and money just because you can't handle rounding of pricing.

Only Liberal administrations have the insight to make or change laws that are beneficial to the population as a whole. A true Liberal thinker can weigh a problem and see the plus and the minus to any issue unfortunately some right wing conservatives have no way of doing that. So it never happens, like legalising Drugs for one, it could be a winfall for the government and kill crime at a stroke of a pen. Socially it would cost everyone less, but there would always be drug addicts. So that's the sole reason you make for not doing it, like trying to tell your daughters never to have sex until marriage. Not that you have any control over it but it feels good telling them. War on drugs is exactly the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 769,941 - 769,960 of1,072,504
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••