Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824392 Dec 18, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>reports of the AR15 were false,it seems with current reports he had a bush master .308 wich is a hunting rifel.bolth are semi automatics but the bush master hunting rifel has more knock down power and range than the smaller avg so called asault rifel, civilan model .223 AR15. Not that the weapon maters at all , he could have done this same evil deed with a cheap wal mart .22
Reguardless it was the syco that did the killing. The guns did not grow legs and walk into that school.
Criminals and sycos don't tend to care about laws or gun bans, 10 shootings last night in chicago in a gun free city.
Bush master rifels are produced in bolth .223 cal and .308 (.762x34) cal. and is a variant of the AR15 design. Reguardless of that, the syco used the .223 model in this massicer.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#824393 Dec 18, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
What states have the largest meth problems?
Which posters have the greatest meth problems ? ;-)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824394 Dec 18, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Good Morning Lily and Carol,
Want to see the film Lincoln soon.
Wear a bullet proof vest and motorcyle helmet

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824395 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't have a uterus I don't see you having much standing on the anti-abortion side of the debate.
They do, though, and they intend to keep whinging and bleating about a medical procedure they don't 'approve of'. Thing is, they want to claim they're 'pro-life' when in all actuality they're 'pro-control' and in favor of forced gestation. Keeps th' wimmins in our place, as vessels for other vessels, and for the fillers thereof. It's all we're good for, don'tcha know, at least as far as they're concerned...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824397 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
What is the point of joining anyway? On the local news here they interviewed people frantically buying guns; one kid was only 21, said he had 5 guns already, buying more.
Sickening.
You need a "one gun a month" law like here in Virginia. Virginians got tired of being known as the "gun running state".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824398 Dec 18, 2012
Multiple people found dead in Weld County, apparent murder and suicide

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_222...

and now we have sites listing the ever present daily shooting deaths. finally.

FOX is screwed.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824399 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Huckabee's son slit the throat of a dog, skinned and hung it with another sicko Christian boy. Perhaps he can explain to us why.
Hallelujer.
Maybe he was protesting the imprisonment of Michael Vick.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#824400 Dec 18, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is going to ban guns if that is your worry.
Just useful to have the Republican Party known as the party of
the rich
the guns
and hating 47% of voters
thanks
And the 51% steal the money and guns, kill the children and each other, and drain the economy.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#824401 Dec 18, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is using this tragedy to warn patriots that the idiots are out of the bushes and running wild through the streets.
This includes you. I am not surprised that the feral pigs are organized into a mindless lynch mob. You look cute with that Red Christmas Ribbon tied to your curly little tail:}
You're a lyin' sack of feces.

The NRA went into possum mode. Closed down.

I called the NRA, got a message. "Not the appropriate time for 2nd Amendment discussions" was the message i got.

The NRA is scared shitless. All their efforts to arm America like it's a nation at war with itself is blowing up in their faces.

This time it's different, you can feel it.

Even Republiclown Senators are saying 'Enough'.

But you're too stupid to understand.

Expect to see a chapter of "Mothers against Guns" (MAG) opening near you soon.

We will make the gun lobby as toxic as drunk drivers.

----------

NRA Goes Silent After Connecticut School Shooting

""Where is the NRA?

The nation's largest gun-rights organization — typically outspoken about its positions even after shooting deaths — has gone all but silent since last week's rampage at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.

Its Facebook page has disappeared. It has posted no tweets. It makes no mention of the shooting on its website. None of its leaders hit the media circuit Sunday to promote its support of the Second Amendment right to bear arms as the nation mourns the latest shooting victims and opens a new debate over gun restrictions. On Monday, the NRA offered no rebuttal as 300 anti-gun protesters marched to its Capitol Hill office.

After previous mass shootings — such as in Oregon and Wisconsin — the group was quick to both send its condolences and defend gun owners' constitutional rights, popular among millions of Americans. There's no indication that the National Rifle Association's silence this time is a signal that a change in its ardent opposition to gun restrictions is imminent. Nor has there been any explanation for its absence from the debate thus far.

The NRA, which claims 4.3 million members and is based in Northern Virginia, did not return telephone messages Monday seeking comment.""

----------

Caught you in a lie, you worthless tudball.

RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#824402 Dec 18, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You are one dumbfuck liberal pos , you don't need to be a member of the NRA to own a gun , ask your brothers all over the country that kill eachother every goddamned day , more blacks killed for street cred last night than all the senceless shooting sprees put together , where is your out cry about all that shit , the left is just trying to push their agenda on the coffins of dead babies , how many foriegn babies has obama killed with his drones ??
Here is a little reality for you dummy , in the 90s when the "assault' ban was inacted they only stopped selling said "assault" weapons , no one turned in anything and no one came confiscating anything , we have had buy back programs where you could take guns and turn them in[no questioned asked] and you recieved a gift card from walmart , I turned in a throw away broken down single shot got my card and used it toward buying a semi auto [good deal Huh] so you see the best you can hope for is a reinstated ban , not gonna remove any guns from the street and certainly ain't gonna stop crazy people from commiting homicide , now stop pushing your leftist agenda on the coffins of dead babys .
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824403 Dec 18, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>They do, though, and they intend to keep whinging and bleating about a medical procedure they don't 'approve of'. Thing is, they want to claim they're 'pro-life' when in all actuality they're 'pro-control' and in favor of forced gestation. Keeps th' wimmins in our place, as vessels for other vessels, and for the fillers thereof. It's all we're good for, don'tcha know, at least as far as they're concerned...
Men who are against giving a woman the right to do with her own body what she chooses should only have an opinion if they get their penises removed.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#824404 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
First you want to close the schools and fire the teachers, take their pensions, lower their salaries and now you want them to become body guards and carry guns?
What's next? Perhaps we can turn schools into military barracks and the kids can all wear army uniforms. Onward Christian soldiers and they can listen to Wagners Wahlspruch fόr die Deutsche Feuerwehr
Yer outta yer minduh.
It's you that want to close the schools and fire the teachers. I suggest we close some bureaucratic offices and fire some bureaucrats. Only the Democrats threaten to get rid of the elements directly supporting the population, like teachers and firemen and police, when it becomes obvious money doesn't grow on trees.
Some of the finest schools in the country have students that wear uniforms. Additionally, some of the finest schools in the country are funded by religions.
Probably the only schools teaching the brilliance and greatness of the Constitution are the schools you think shouldn't be in existence.
Schools lack two things: discipline and adequate instruction. However you rectify those obvious inadequacies can be varied solutions. One solution, the parents (two parents has proven to be best) become directly involved and actually concerned about the performance of their children in schools. The positive effects of this is undeniable. Another solution is institutions with strict rules of conduct and performance.
The solution that has been proven to be a failed solution is the solution the Democrats support and keep entrenched in the education system. That's the only reason we now have the most expensive education system in the world that generates the most ignorant workforce in the industrialized world.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#824405 Dec 18, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
When this animal shot himself in the head he cheated capital punishment advocates out of the best argument they ever had. After this I've had to ask myself, Are we really obligated to keep scum like this alive in our penal system? Or, even worse, must we release mentally ill back into society if we find a medication that renders them harmless after they massacre our children?
Oh - lookie here - the Democrat gun nut showed up - it's ammo man!

The Democrat that likes to kill defenseless animals...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824406 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Multiple people found dead in Weld County, apparent murder and suicide
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_222...
and now we have sites listing the ever present daily shooting deaths. finally.
FOX is screwed.
Murders in "gun free" Chicago surpassed the previous record of 435 yesterday. Proof positive that gun "restrictions" do no good whatsoever. The only solution is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL GUN BAN!!!
RUSH10ME

Chase City, VA

#824407 Dec 18, 2012
<quoted text>
Wear a bullet proof vest and motorcyle helmet
Don't worry he always wears his 'indoor" helmet.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#824408 Dec 18, 2012
OldRaider wrote:
When this animal shot himself in the head he cheated capital punishment advocates out of the best argument they ever had. After this I've had to ask myself, Are we really obligated to keep scum like this alive in our penal system? Or, even worse, must we release mentally ill back into society if we find a medication that renders them harmless after they massacre our children?
I am grateful that he killed himself, wish the police had killed the Batman killer and Loughner as well. What's the point? At least the families in CT can move one knowing the killer is dead and not sitting alive in prison.

Have you heard about this story? It's so absolutely incredible to me:
Montreal, Canada (CNN)-- Canadians expressed outrage Thursday after the release of Guy Turcotte, a cardiologist who in 2009 confessed to killing his children as they slept in their beds.

What many wanted to know was how a father who stabbed his children dozens of times could be free after 46 months of confinement. Those voices echo the grief of Turcotte's ex-wife, Dr. Isabelle Gaston, the mother of 5-year-old Olivier and 3-year-old Anne-Sophie.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/world/americas/...

4 years in a mental hospital for murdering his two children. Wants to get his medical license back, get married and have more children.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824409 Dec 18, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I called the NRA, got a message. "Not the appropriate time for 2nd Amendment discussions" was the message i got.
The NRA is scared shitless. All their efforts to arm America like it's a nation at war with itself is blowing up in their faces.
----------
""Where is the NRA?
The nation's largest gun-rights organization — typically outspoken about its positions even after shooting deaths — has gone all but silent since last week's rampage at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school that left 26 people dead, including 20 children.
Its Facebook page has disappeared. It has posted no tweets. It makes no mention of the shooting on its website. None of its leaders hit the media circuit Sunday to promote its support of the Second Amendment right to bear arms as the nation mourns the latest shooting victims and opens a new debate over gun restrictions. On Monday, the NRA offered no rebuttal as 300 anti-gun protesters marched to its Capitol Hill office.
After previous mass shootings — such as in Oregon and Wisconsin — the group was quick to both send its condolences and defend gun owners' constitutional rights, popular among millions of Americans. There's no indication that the National Rifle Association's silence this time is a signal that a change in its ardent opposition to gun restrictions is imminent. Nor has there been any explanation for its absence from the debate thus far.
The NRA, which claims 4.3 million members and is based in Northern Virginia, did not return telephone messages Monday seeking comment.""
----------
MAGO - Mothers Against Gun Owners - Yeah. I like that!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#824410 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Men who are against giving a woman the right to do with her own body what she chooses should only have an opinion if they get their penises removed.
Well, that's a bit harsh, but definitely doable..........see if shinning and eman will get behind that one, will 'ya?

:)
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#824411 Dec 18, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
----------
""Where is the NRA?
----------
Wayne LaPierre, President of the NRA, blamed the tragic event in Sandy Hook on "excessive, unconstitutional gun control laws". He's wackier than his NRA followers.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824412 Dec 18, 2012
McArdle Wins Worst Newtown Reaction Award

McArdle begins her essay with a prescient harbinger (“There just aren't good words to talk about Newtown.”) but recovers to churn out a fairly standard libertarian argument about why various government remedies won’t work. And it's true, to some extent, that various regulatory solutions all have complications.

The problem comes at the end when, having dismissed the standard liberal regulatory measures as unworkable, she has to propose her own solution. This is what McArdle comes up with:

I'd also like us to encourage people to gang rush shooters, rather than following their instincts to hide; if we drilled it into young people that the correct thing to do is for everyone to instantly run at the guy with the gun, these sorts of mass shootings would be less deadly, because even a guy with a very powerful weapon can be brought down by 8-12 unarmed bodies piling on him at once.

Are you kidding me? You think gun control is impractical, so your plan is to turn the entire national population, including young children, into a standby suicide squad? Through private initiative, of course. It’s way more feasible than gun control!

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min SpaceBlues 48,425
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 43 min Grau 68,766
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Waymond Wiley 306,565
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Bently 19,467
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat JOEL 70,577
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat 1JohnB 8
Is heroin ruining your life or the life of some... Fri youknowme203 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield