Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1583195 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#825125 Dec 18, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
That concept trivializes the extent of the sickness and hatred in the killer. The idea that some counseling or drugs would have made a difference is absurd.
Consider also that some people are just evil, born evil, and that evil behavior may not result only from environment, poor parenting, or mental illness. One need not be mentally ill to be murderous. Mafia killers, for example, are not mentally ill, just evil people.
One high functioning autistic like Lanza said that her inability to relate to others left her feeling like "an anthropologist on Mars".

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism#Social_de... ;

I suspect that this kid had been threatened with commitment by mom for some time and he likely freaked the way an astronaut would if his EVA tether broke...infinitely alone. Mom was his tether to this world.

You and I will likely never know the terror this kid felt.

The link describes how autistic children find it difficult to bond with anybody but their care givers.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#825127 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's easy, there are several on this thread alone. For example does anyone here think EasyEd should be allowed to own a gun? I rest my case.
"homo"
I own several firearms. Are you going to come take them away? The real question is; does anyone here think "homo" has a brain? Not if they are sane.
Peace
KMA
proud2bwhite

United States

#825128 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Guns are bad. People who own guns are inherently evil. The enlightened people have spoken and the Discovery channel has ceased programming. Guns are never acceptable in any situation whatsoever.
what about the armed security force that surounds the obamas? Is that acceptable?
proud2bwhite

United States

#825131 Dec 18, 2012
Gun shops are reporting record sales, many have sold out the stock of so caled asault rifles.

Spokane, WA

#825132 Dec 18, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's a massacre at Shady Pines, we'll know who the culprit is. "What, no hash today"? Bang.
"silly"
Getting a little nasty are you not. I do not frequent your favorite place, Shady Pines, it must be a dump if it is on your list of favorites. It must be your favorite, you are always talking the establishment up. Actually a pretty simple tasty dinner; A BLT on Sour Dough French, slaw and an ice cold Kokanee.
It is hard to respect a person who makes baseless accusations. While I seldom agree with your views on most topics I respect your right to make them. You think because I own firearms that I am prone to shoot with out rhyme nor reason. All you are doing is being a bigot.
Peace

Spokane, WA

#825133 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll file that with $5/gallon ($2.99/gallon this morning)
"dumos"
Have to note you reverted to "nutsucker". You argue with anothers post but offer nothing to back it up. Keep doing what you do best, dodge, dance and lie.
Peace
KMA

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#825135 Dec 18, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
Gun shops are reporting record sales, many have sold out the stock of so caled asault rifles.
yeap, get ready for Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB), or Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act to be reinstated which is going to cost the Democrats politically.

Spokane, WA

#825137 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you tell me what the KKK did in the south. Then I'll remind you once again that Byrd was a member of the KKK.
Then we can keep talking in circles since that's what you love doing so, so, so much.
"carol"
Forgive "dumos" he is a liberaltarinloon. In his mind the KKK had every right to their actions. He does not like government interference into the lives of citizens.
Peace
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#825138 Dec 18, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
Meny gun shops an markets hav discontinuized the salesing of so caled asault rifels becaus they are respetive of the famlies of the vicims of the tragity massacer in the sandie hooks shool in conticut.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#825139 Dec 18, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text> what about the armed security force that surounds the obamas? Is that acceptable?
President Obama and his family are important. You are not.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#825140 Dec 18, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>yeap, get ready for Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB), or Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act to be reinstated which is going to cost the Democrats politically.
Get ready for the FFPA Federal Firearms Prohibition Act of 2013 which will ban the private ownership of ALL deadly firearms.

Spokane, WA

#825141 Dec 18, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I read just fine. You civilian law crap, where is that in the Constitution??
Where does it say "all arms".
Here's a musket, now you're armed.
This idea that the Second Amendment means you can own a nuclear bomb is well beyond stupid.
"real dumb"
You just keep getting dumber!!!!
It says "all arms" the same place it says "selected arms". It says neither. Get a life, get a brain.
Peace
KMA

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#825142 Dec 18, 2012
fenris is my bitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah cause everyone likes to see children killed.
Far Left Democrats(psuedo liberals) must because they are for gun control laws that benefit the Non law abiding citizens by restricting Law abiding citizens with guns and Connecticut proved it with their strict Gun Control laws.
proud2bwhite

United States

#825143 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>President Obama and his family are important. You are not.
so in your mind the servant is more important than the people he works for. Yep , your libtarded.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825144 Dec 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen some terrifying behavior from a kid who was mentally abused by his father. The kid eventually became violent and broke out every window in their house in a seriously scary rampage. The boy acted better when medicated but when he came off got worse. I felt sorry for the dad until I caught him tormenting the kid one day. It was ugly. The boy started slapping himself and tearing at his face and hair like a dog that had a snout full of porcupine quills. Things got worse after that.
For all we know "evil" could have started with "mom". We may never know how bad thoughts started in the Lanza kid, and most of us will never understand why he felt compelled to kill more than just his mom and himself. I don't understand it.
Probably no point even trying to understand such an irrational act.

The shooter is dead, so everything is just guesswork and pet theories to suit political viewpoints.

Spokane, WA

#825145 Dec 18, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to a 72 yr.old lady who lives alone in a bad section of a city, and has had the home she owns, vandalized and burglarized more than once. Get a clue...
"Chicagoan by Birth"
The last thing "nobama 2012" wants is the old lady or anyone else to be armed. It would make his job much harder and more dangerous. As one who vandalizes he knows the value of an unarmed citizenary.
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825146 Dec 18, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
this is going to leave a mark...
Hagel Is a Republican, But Itís Easy to Understand Why He Wouldnít Be One Now
John McCain denies that Hagel is a Republican:
McCain scoffed at claims that Hagel would be a Republican voice in a mostly Democratic Cabinet, saying to ďallege that Hagel is somehow a Republican ó that is a hard one to swallow.Ē
Some of this could be explained by McCainís bitterness that Hagel didnít support him in 2008, but this also happens to be representative of a lot of Republicansí views of Hagel. Because Hagel rejected some of the failed and hard-line policies of more hawkish Republicans, and because he hasnít been willing to adopt the party line on certain foreign policy issues, the people who helped wreck the party with their awful foreign policy ideas no longer consider him to be one of them. If being a Republican required one to embrace McCainís preference for reckless and aggressive policies, there would be no incentive for foreign policy realists and skeptics to belong to the party. Fortunately for the Republicans, that isnít the case, and there is a Republican foreign policy tradition of prudence and restraint waiting to be revived. Unfortunately, some of the people most likely to revive it have been effectively exiled from the party, which has the effect of making things worse in the near term.
Of course, Hagel is a Republican for as long as he is registered that way and wants to claim the label, and he obviously belongs to a tradition of Republican internationalism with which he consciously identifies. The question to ask might be: why would someone like Hagel still want to be associated with the GOP in its current state? As necessary and desirable as reform of Republican foreign policy is, there is a danger that the GOPís foreign policy maladies will grow worse in response to Hagelís likely nomination in the near term before they are remedied. Perhaps this is a necessary stage in the cure of these maladies, as Hagelís nomination could provide the occasion to expose and then discredit the fanaticism of Republican hard-liners.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...
ya'll let me know when liberals start talking about other liberals in that tone of voice.
What does all this matter as to whether Hagel will be a good Secretary of Defense?

On balance, probably the best that could be expected of Obama.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825147 Dec 18, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>One high functioning autistic like Lanza said that her inability to relate to others left her feeling like "an anthropologist on Mars".
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism#Social_de... ;
I suspect that this kid had been threatened with commitment by mom for some time and he likely freaked the way an astronaut would if his EVA tether broke...infinitely alone. Mom was his tether to this world.
You and I will likely never know the terror this kid felt.
The link describes how autistic children find it difficult to bond with anybody but their care givers.
That may explain killing the mother, but not much else.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825148 Dec 18, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>yeap, get ready for Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB), or Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act to be reinstated which is going to cost the Democrats politically.
Obama specifically avoided any mention of gun control in both campaigns and in his first term.

Many gun owners are one-issue voters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#825149 Dec 18, 2012
Obama 2016 wrote:
<quoted text>Get ready for the FFPA Federal Firearms Prohibition Act of 2013 which will ban the private ownership of ALL deadly firearms.
Also known as "The Safety for Criminals Act of 2013."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Agents of Corruption 63,948
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr weaponX 316,364
News Developer Resubmits Plan In Wethersfield (Jun '08) Aug 20 Warning 44
News While Somers writes, her representatives work Aug 19 Lori Hopkins-Cava... 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 19 Leftovers 21,051
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Apr '17 Paul Kersey 14
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 (Apr '16) Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages