Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564578 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#824795 Dec 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review. Your marriage was in trouble and you were logging hours on topix. You even mentioned that you and her weren't having sex anymore (women withhold sex when they are not happy, not men). In this case 2 + 2 does equal 4.
... or menopausal. Marriage wasn't in trouble and that's as much as you need to know.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#824796 Dec 18, 2012
Homer wrote:
I do find it ironic that hallelujah means basically a joyful expression of praise and thanksgiving to God, so not sure why people are singing it regarding the shooting in CT.
Because those precious children are now hearing the saints and angels singing "hallelujah".
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824798 Dec 18, 2012
Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) on Tuesday proposed allowing mental health commitment records to be transmitted to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation immediately so real-time information is available when background checks are made on gun buyers.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/c...

i got money the NRA says no way.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824799 Dec 18, 2012
IT CAN be DONE A behavioural procedure that alters memory effectively prevents the cravings of heroin addictsA study published today in the journal Science describes a simple behavioural procedure that reduces drug addicts' cravings and could also prevent them from relapsing after they've kicked the habit. As I explain in this news story for Nature, the procedure involves manipulating addicts' memories of past drug use, and could lead to non-pharmacological therapy for addiction, as well as psychiatric conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder and phobia.Preventing cravings is one of the biggest challenges in the treatment of addiction, because they often cause ex-addicts to relapse into drug use. Current treatments effectively relieve cravings in the clinic, but not when addicts return to their usual environment, because exposure to paraphernalia and other stimuli associated with the effects of the drug trigger the addict's habitual response of using the drug once again.These responses occur because of classical co
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824800 Dec 18, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't answered the post. How about you participate in the discussion with some ... discussion. I referenced a 5-point swing in the polls, after which Obama got barely 50 percent of the vote. I don't see anything from you the usual Saul Alinsky rule number 5 ranting. I'll help you. Here's the post again:
So, just how much did the Democrats pay for Chris Christi to sabotage the election? Did you see the 5-point swing that gave Obama barely half the vote immediately after Christi sabotaged the election? Without Christi's sabotage, Obama gets at best 47 percent and loses.
"Skin of the teeth" comes to mind.
Now, you forgot to answer the post... again. You always do this when there just isn't any valid argument. But, perhaps you do have something to contribute. I'll help you. Here's the post you ran away from again:
Naturally, there will be selective (gun control) enforcement, the usual for this excuse of an administration. They have no intention of disarming their base. They only want to disarm us.
They are setting the stage for a demonstration. Soon they will choose some group (like the Waco fiasco was done with fraudulently created evidence) or some individual (like the Randy Weavery family at Ruby Ridge was done with fraudulently created evidence) and attack them.
Larry Potts was not the only, or last federal agent who will invent fraudulent evidence for the Democrats and assassinate innocent Americans to serve the political purposes of the Democrats.
When you're dealing with Democrats, you're dealing with people no different than those that surrounded Hitler and Stalin.
another guess fest.

as soon as you can answer your own questions....

(hardcore birther eh?)

Location hidden

#824801 Dec 18, 2012
Cardinal of the Kremlin wrote:
1945 "Program F" is implemented by the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC). This is the most extensive U.S. study of the health effects of fluoride, which was the key chemical component in atomic bomb production. One of the most toxic chemicals known to man, fluoride, it is found, causes marked adverse effects to the central nervous system but much of the information is squelched in the name of national security because of fear that lawsuits would undermine full-scale production of atomic bombs. ALSO TO THE BLACK OBAMA SUPPORTERS UNDER THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR just remember this LIE 1932 The Tuskegee Syphilis Study begins. 200 black men diagnosed with syphilis are never told of their illness, are denied treatment, and instead are used as human guinea pigs in order to follow the progression and symptoms of the disease. They all subsequently die from syphilis, their families never told that they could have been treated. and the pro choice movement that destroyed many BLACK WOMEN BODIES
Fluorine gas is toxic, not fluoride.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824802 Dec 18, 2012
One of my favorite movies is the 1970's spy thriller Telefon. In this film,
the KGB has hypnotized Russian agents to carry out assassinations and acts
of terrorism, prior to committing suicide on completion of their programmed
mission. All of this takes place without the programmed subjects having any
knowledge that they are mind-controlled. These individuals have been
programmed to react when the lines of a Robert Frost poem are recited to
them over the telephone. Placed all over America as "sleepers," these
robot-assassins live out their lives believing they are ordinary Americans,
until the fateful moment when the telephone rings and a voice begins to
recite, "The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep. Remember, comrade, miles to go before you
sleep".

Pure Hollywood fantasy about a paranoid conspiracy theory, right?

Yes. No. Maybe.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#824803 Dec 18, 2012
Eman wrote:
For all you stupid fckn liberals.
Whoever has the gun in a school should be paid more. With this pay increase comes the responsibility of being certified. To remain certified you should have to participate in a number of safety/education classes and have a certain number of usage hours each month.
The union might be a problem with paying one teacher more than another.

Many schools have teachers with permits who would gladly bring their weapons to school if permitted.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824804 Dec 18, 2012
Discovery hit ‘American Guns’ canceled as Hollywood wrestles with links to gun violence

Discovery Channel’s popular reality show about a family of gun makers,“American Guns," came under intense scrutiny in the wake of Friday’s mass shooting at a Connecticut grade school, with people flooding the show’s Facebook page calling for its cancelation.

“I know you all have to make money but would Discovery Channel PLEASE consider ceasing to broadcast the show in the U.K.? Sadly your program makes buying/owning guns seem fun, glamorous, even normal,” wrote one. Another tweeted,“Dear Discovery Channel: it’s not appropriate showing the program American Guns now!” Another weighed in:“With Discovery shows like 'Sons of Guns','American Guns','Ted Nugent's Gun Country' etc it's not surprising how guns r seen as acceptable.”

It seems the critics may have been heard.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/12/...

Location hidden

#824806 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You weren't aware Senator Byrd was once a member of the KKK? Even Lily knows that. Nucular too, pretty sure.
However, you won't believe what my horoscope said about me today. It said, "You look amazing, but you know that anyway. However, your brain and not your butt is your sexiest feature right now, especially when someone gets you talking."
Actually, I DO look amazing and my brain IS my sexiest feature.
Neat, huh?
Yes I was well aware of his membership in the KKK. You said he was lynching blacks. Let's see your evidence or admit that you're a liar.
Fenris the Asslicker

Latvia

#824808 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
... or menopausal. Marriage wasn't in trouble and that's as much as you need to know.
Yes, that menopause thing is a real buzzkiller. Peculiar they don't have that class in High School? I assume that as a fellow traveler down the long road of life that you are both happy and sad about losing her. It's an expensive process from which we often learn nothing. Best of luck. Not that you asked but I always find that tying a piece of razor wire around the shaft of my penis helps keep me in check after a break-up...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824809 Dec 18, 2012
it's catching.....

Sponsor: Snyder to veto concealed weapons bill

The bill allowing highly trained gun owners to carry concealed weapons inside public schools was delivered to Snyder's desk Tuesday.

"He's not going to sign it," Green told The Detroit News.

Green said he refused to include language in Senate Bill 59 allowing public school districts and municipalities to still ban concealed weapons for fear that it could be used to overturn the state's firearms preemption law that prohibits local firearms laws from trumping state laws and regulations.

Green said the final version of the legislation was "more restrictive than we ever wanted."

"They told us Thursday night he'd veto it if we didn't include that language," said Green, who says he refused to concede to the governor's demands. "We just said 'enough's enough' and we passed it."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121218/P...
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824810 Dec 18, 2012
During their investigation and research into the history of LSD, authors
Martin A. Lee and Bruce Shlain were allowed access to a special reading room
at the Hyatt Regency in Rosslyn, Virginia. Documents pertinent to the CIA's
MKULTRA program were being opened to the public as the result of a Senate
subcommittee led by chairman Senator Ted Kennedy. In the prologue to their
book, Acid Dreams, they write:

In the course of our inquiry we uncovered CIA documents describing
experiments in sensory deprivation, sleep teaching, ESP, subliminal
projection, electronic brain stimulation, and many other methods that might
have applications for behavior modification. One project was designed to
turn people into programmed assassins who would kill on automatic command.
(1)
Most conspiracy researchers are familiar with the CIA's mind control program
MKULTRA. It was led by creepy scientist-spook Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, who
testified before the same subcommittee only after receiving a grant of
immunity from criminal prosecution. MKULTRA was launched in April of 1953 as
a continuation of mind-control experiments that originated in the Nazi death
camps of such notoriety as Dachau.(MKULTRA, ARTICHOKE and other CIA
projects became possible because of Project Paperclip, a US Army scheme that
smuggled Nazi scientists, intelligence personnel and other war criminals to
the United States from Europe at the end of WWII.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#824811 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
As a group they're hoping against rash legislation, I'm still ruminating. Its difficult to fit libertarian ideals into a statist society. Its kind of all or nothing ...
The left will settle for nothing less than a ban on weapons, but repeal of the Second Amendment is impossible.

So where does this go?

By the way, the shooter's Bushmaster rifle is not an "assault rifle" under either Connecticut law or the expired federal ban. So much for legislation.

Pass a tax and someone will find a way around it. Pass a weapons bill and the same will happen.

Location hidden

#824812 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Because those precious children are now hearing the saints and angels singing "hallelujah".
Except the Jewish and Muslim ones ... they're burning in hell.

Have I got that right? I dunno, what if there were Hindi? What happens to them?

Jeez, didn't even think about the atheists ...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#824813 Dec 18, 2012
A 6th grade student brought an unloaded handgun to West Kearns Elementary School Monday.

The 11-year-old boy allegedly told other students his parents encouraged him to bring a gun to school for protection following the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut on Friday.

The boy reportedly pulled the gun, a .22-caliber pistol, out of his backpack during recess Monday morning.

“At recess, he pointed a gun to my head and said he was going to kill me,” said Isabel Rios, one of the boy’s fellow 6th grade students.

Granite School District officials say students didn’t notify teachers about the weapon until 3 p.m.

“Once the teacher knew there was a weapon in the classroom, the student was apprehended in 30 to 45 seconds and immediately brought down to the office and the police were on site within five to 10 minutes,” said Granite School District Spokesman Ben Horsley.

Granite School District sent a pre-recorded message via telephone to the parents of West Kearns Elementary students at 5:30 p.m. By then, some of those parents had already heard about the incident from their children.

“There was no lockdown. No one was called. Nothing was done. And then we had to hear it from our kids,” said John Klaus, the father of a student at West Kearns Elementary.

School administrators said they didn’t lock the school down because the gun was taken into possession quickly and they felt a lockdown would have scared the students.

On Tuesday, some parents decided to keep their children home from school to keep them out of harms way.

“There are some individuals that have chosen to keep their kids home from school [Tuesday] and that’s very understandable. We are going to be working with those families, making sure they are comfortable with the steps and actions the school is taking,” Horsley said.

http://fox13now.com/2012/12/17/west-kearns-el...

yeah, guns in schools. that will work.

??????????
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824814 Dec 18, 2012
Consider the following excerpts from a series of articles that ran in the
Napa Sentinel, entitled, "Mind Control" by Harry V. Martin and David Caul:

People have found it difficult to accept that an individual can be
hypnotized to perform an act which is against his moral principles. Some
experiments have been conducted by the U.S. Army which show that this
popular perception is untrue. The chairman of the Department of Psychology
at Colgate University, Dr. Estabrooks, has stated, "I can hypnotize a man
without his knowledge or consent into committing treason against the United
States." Estabrooks was one of the nation's most authoritative sources in
the hypnotic field...Dr. Estabrooks actually conducted experiments on U.S.
soldiers to prove his point. Soldiers of low rank and little formal
education were placed under hypnotism and their memories tested...One of the
experiments involved placing a normal, stable army private in a deep trance.
Watkins was trying to see if he could get the private to attack a superior
officer, a cardinal sin in the military. While the private was in a deep
trance, Watkins told him that the officer sitting across from him was an
enemy soldier who was going to attempt to kill him. In the private's mind,
it was a kill or be killed situation. The private immediately jumped up and
grabbed the officer by the throat. The experiment was repeated several
times, and in one case the man who was hypnotized and the man who was
attacked were very close friends. The results were always the same. In one
experiment, the hypnotized subject pulled out a knife and nearly stabbed
another person...Dr. James V. McConnel, head of the Department of Mental
Health Research at the University of Michigan, said, "The day has come when
we can combine sensory deprivation with the use of drugs, hypnosis, and the
astute manipulation of reward and punishment to gain almost absolute control
over an individual's behavior...A U.S. Navy psychologist, who claims that
the Office of Naval Intelligence had taken convicted murderers from military
prisons, used behavior modification techniques on them, and then relocated
them in American embassies throughout the world. Just prior to that time,
the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee had censured the CIA for its global
political assassination plots, including plots against Fidel Castro.LIBS DO NOT LIKE TRUTH THEY LIKE THEIR OWN WAY
Fenris the Asslicker

Latvia

#824815 Dec 18, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Or.. maybe not. Could be the worms they're not listening to? How would you know? Say, if death is so cool, Carol, why isn't the ground heated?
carol

Oviedo, FL

#824817 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm speechless.
Good. That means I can keep talking without interruption.
Cardinal of the Kremlin

New York, NY

#824818 Dec 18, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluorine gas is toxic, not fluoride.
READ READ READ DO not miss inform the undereducated nice try

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr weaponX 315,225
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... 2 hr Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show 4 hr tears of a clown 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 11 hr Norch 165
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri WPWW 20,966
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Jul 20 jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages