Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1618148 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#823789 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's right and good that a president speak on behalf of a grieving nation at a time like this.
What was disconcerting to me was the campaign-like applause by those in attendance when the president was introduced to address the families and the nation.
It was not a time to be introduced as if at a political rally or the audience to clap like performing seals this time.
It was a somber time that needed no introductions and for the audience to respectfully remain silent.
That really bothered me.
Well Carol, I'm happy it bothered you.

I was there last evening. The President hit all the right notes, and the people applauded the idea that the POTUS cared enough to attend a memorial and pray and cry with them for their losses.

And you're bothered?? You really are a sick, warped woman. You should be cheering for Obama!! But you're a crude racist, so I expect nothing more from a sick witch like you.

Campaign like applause?? You havbe definitions for applauses?? How is a campaign applause different from a welcoming applause for the leader of our nation??

Your hatred for your own nation is on full display this morning, you unAmerican POS.

BTW, every person who spoke from the podium was introduced and applauded. The clergy, the Governor, and the President.

Take your right wing hatred and anti-American thinking and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823790 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I dunno, interviews I heard this morning indicated that cover in place worked to some extent.
Perhaps, but the teacher and few children killed in the second classroom could have escaped while the shooter was busy in the first.

Second, the shooter did not run out of ammo and only killed himself when confronted by police.

So cover in place would not have saved anybody if the police response had been slower.

As I said, the correct approach is not clear.

Remember that at Columbine, the police did not enter the building for hours, preferring containment. The lesson learned was that this approach was wrong.

Location hidden

#823791 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Raising taxes on a few people, without spending control, will do nothing to reduce the deficit.
Obama refuses to discuss real spending cuts.
So over the cliff we go.
The republicans will cave.

Take it to the bank.

Just as you thought Obama couldn't be reelected, he will show you how he will whip the Republliclown's asses again!!

Boehner is in the process of caving right now.

Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823792 Dec 17, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Raped at gun point? Regular people who need an assault rifle and a 100 round clip to feel safe should be banned...
If I caught someone raping my daughter, 100 rounds would not be enough.

Location hidden

#823793 Dec 17, 2012
Repeal the 2nd Amendment wrote:
<quoted text>All children and adults who are members of the NRA should be classified as potential killers. The NRA is nothing more than a domestic terrorist organization.
Hey!! I'm a NRA member!!

(but I got the membership free by buying a handgun at Cabela's!!)

Never would give the NRA a dime of my money.

NRA is a UnAmerican organization.

The time to tear it down is now!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823794 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't, want to affect a change? Start petitions for religious organizations to put pressure on Westboro. Protest their gatherings like many organizations already do. Organize boycotts of the sponsors of idiots like Rush, that's what'll get it done.
Groups like Westboro eventually disappear if ignored. Reacting to them just feeds their enthusiasm.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#823795 Dec 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew it was coming. Shamelessly using this tragedy to push your pseudo-religious agenda.
Sheesh!
She's totally nuts and obsessed about that nonsense. It must be personal, just sayin...
Carol, forgive yourself and set yourself free.

Location hidden

#823797 Dec 17, 2012
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You dismissively accept the premise of crooks and how they steal guns or even sell guns (hello!) so your solution is to remove guns from the equation. Simplistic and ridiculous. How would you address drunk drivers who account for thousands of deaths every year,(11,000 in 2011) young and old alike, ban alcohol or vehicles? EVERYONE is glossing over the problem, we need to eliminate the a**holes before they eliminate us but removing the tools of their destruction isn't the answer.
That was an example of the worst sort of logic possible.

Nations with strict gun laws have death rates by gun violence of aalmost zero.

See JApan, England, and Australia for proof.

The reality is, we have to get guns out of our society.

Period.

the 'right to bear arms' has made this country a killing field, with death rates similar to nations at war.

Read the headlines today.

2 Policemen shot in Kansas.

1 person shot in Texas parking lot.

We're an angry society. Having guns everywhere takes anger and turns it to murder.

My position is that most Americans should not have guns.

There must be backround and mental tests before people can buy weapons.

That will eliminate most right wingers right off the bat.
THE DEBIL

Alexandria, VA

#823798 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If I caught someone raping my daughter, 100 rounds would not be enough.
WELL, TO BE FAIR, HE'LL PROBABLY KILL HIMSELF SOON AFTERWARDS ONCE HE REALIZES HE'D BEEN USED.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823799 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The republicans will cave.
Take it to the bank.
Just as you thought Obama couldn't be reelected, he will show you how he will whip the Republliclown's asses again!!
Boehner is in the process of caving right now.
Of course, you wouldn't know anything about that.
Speaker Boehner has offered a compromise.

Call it caving in if you choose, if winning is more important to you than addressing the problem.

The ball is now in Obama's court.

My guess is that he prefers the cliff to any compromise, like a spoiled child.

What says your sockpuppet, Demos/Tenzing?
THE DEBIL

Alexandria, VA

#823800 Dec 17, 2012
ON THE OTHER HAND, I REALIZE YOU WANTED GRANDCHILDREN...

Location hidden

#823801 Dec 17, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
St<quoted text> what kind of rifle diid he have? And do you honestly believe a coward that picks helpless children as his victims would have stood up to an armed adult or even made the atempt. Highly unlikely. Cowards allways pick soft targets that don't shoot back.
You have a habit of saying truly stupid things.

You assume the 'armed adult' would be exactly where the danger was before it happened.

That's magical thinking, worthy of a true idiot!!

These people will shoot anyone, armed or not!!

And they have the element of suprise and shock on their side.
THE DEBIL

Alexandria, VA

#823804 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaker Boehner has offered a compromise.
Call it caving in if you choose, if winning is more important to you than addressing the problem.
The ball is now in Obama's court.
My guess is that he prefers the cliff to any compromise, like a spoiled child.
What says your sockpuppet, Demos/Tenzing?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. . HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .. BEWARE OF FREAKS BEARING GIFTS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..

Location hidden

#823805 Dec 17, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>wrong. The 2nd amendment is the one right of the people that makes sure all your other rights can not be taken from you.
You really don't know much, do you??

Ever read the Patriot Act, where Mr. Bush made it easy for ANY President to suspend any and all Civil Rights??

Y'know, the law that right wingers cheered??

Well, it can be used to take away your guns, doofus!!

And if you resist, you'll end up dead.

I figure that'll thin the herd of right wingers real fast!!
carol

Oviedo, FL

#823806 Dec 17, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Carol, I'm happy it bothered you.
I was there last evening. The President hit all the right notes, and the people applauded the idea that the POTUS cared enough to attend a memorial and pray and cry with them for their losses.
And you're bothered?? You really are a sick, warped woman. You should be cheering for Obama!! But you're a crude racist, so I expect nothing more from a sick witch like you.
Campaign like applause?? You havbe definitions for applauses?? How is a campaign applause different from a welcoming applause for the leader of our nation??
Your hatred for your own nation is on full display this morning, you unAmerican POS.
BTW, every person who spoke from the podium was introduced and applauded. The clergy, the Governor, and the President.
Take your right wing hatred and anti-American thinking and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine.
Decorum for this occasion was breached. It wasn't about the president showing up and being applauded for it.

Since: May 11

Waynesboro, PA

#823807 Dec 17, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Dave, somebody must be pissed off at you (easy to understand given your attitude) because all that is just too much to be a coincidence.
What did the police say when you reported all these crimes, because they are crimes?
"Fairy tales will come true...."
I did not know when or where my vehicles were struck.

Both strikes to my home were accidents. Accidents caused by gun owners who were not educated in the care & use of the guns they were using.

I have a private hunting club to the back & state Game Lands to the front. Deer hunters galore but they did not do this.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#823809 Dec 17, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
And any one who has ever had any experience remotely, in even just knowing some one that may be afflicted with such, should realize, sudden outbreaks of violent behavior, is certainly not unheard of.
Unless they're living in some sort of denial, of their own limitations.
Any child, and every child, is subject to 'sudden outbreaks of violent behavior'. Anyone who has ever had any experience with children on a daily basis knows this.

Asperger's kids are self-absorbed, often frustrated, and find it difficult to socialize, but they are not "violent" by definition, simply because they are afflicted with 'such'.

Location hidden

#823810 Dec 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, the president talked of children as being a vital part of ourselves with their very first cry. In actuality, every parent knows they become a vital part of ourselves when hearing the heartbeat for the very first time and seeing them moving around in the womb on a sonogram. He spoke of children being "suddenly exposed to the world, to possible mishap or malice, and every parent knows there’s nothing we will not do to shield our children from harm"...except suction them out with a vacuum or pierce the back of their neck with a sharp object upon delivery if they are an inconvenience.
A beating heart and moving limbs doesn't constitute a living human being apparently. Millions of these unborn lives will never even have a first cry because they aren't shielded from malice or harm.
That bothered me too.
Take your abortion stupidity and stuff it!!

Abortion is legal, a fetus is not a human being.

Life begins when the first breath is drawn outside the womb, idiot!!

Deal with it, you wingnut!!
THE DEBIL

Alexandria, VA

#823811 Dec 17, 2012
LESSEE..
DEBIL GON'. "STEP UP TO THE PLATE, BE A TEAM PLAYER, GO FO' THE EXTRA POINT, PASS THE BALL, WIN ONE FO' THE GIPPER, GO THE EXTRA MILE, SWING FO' THE BLEACHERS, MAN, I FO'GETTIN' ALL THE SPORTS BULLSHIT? OH WELL... YOU OL' FUCKS JUS' NEED TO DIE AN' GET IT OVER WITH. NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOU ANY MO'
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#823812 Dec 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know when or where my vehicles were struck.
Both strikes to my home were accidents. Accidents caused by gun owners who were not educated in the care & use of the guns they were using.
I have a private hunting club to the back & state Game Lands to the front. Deer hunters galore but they did not do this.
Did you report any of these incidents to police?

It is not an accident when someone fires a gun without knowledge of where he is shooting.

Sounds like more typical Dave BS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 min Freedomofexpression 318,266
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr why 21,286
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) 6 hr Desert Toad 4
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Tue Thomas Archer 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Mon kdkapitt 21
News Two Charged In Connection With Bloomfield Murder (Mar '09) Oct 15 Law school gradua... 27
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages