Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#819246 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an astronaut.
However, anyone who has been around a loved one with Alzheimer's knows the symptoms are subtle at the very beginning but still enough that a diagnosis can be made.
When the symptoms are bad enough, everyone can clearly tell.
Brinkley chalks it up to "senioritis" and concludes, "I'm under the impression he did not have any signs of Alzheimer's as president. Until somebody puts up definitive medical evidence, we have to go with that."
So, "Dr. Nucular", please describe for us any symptoms of which you and your "colleagues" concur proving that Reagan clearly exhibited he had been diagnosed with the disease long before his second term ended.
Senior moments don't count at the age of 78. Obama's had a few of those himself. And he's only in his early 50s.
Still spinning, eh Lorac??

In spite of your lies, Ron Reagan, his son, just might have more insight than you, who needs utube to get her info;

----------

Ronald Reagan was showing signs of Alzheimer’s while still in office, according to his son Ron Reagan.

In his memoir “My Father at 100,” Reagan writes:

“Today we are aware that the psychological and neurological changes associated with Alzheimer’s can be in evidence years, even decades, before identifiable symptoms arise. The question, then, of whether my father suffered from the beginning stages of Alzheimer’s while in office more of less answers itself.”

Ron Reagan recounts having concerns as far back as 1984.

"Watching the first of his two debates with 1984 Democratic presidential nominee Walter Mondale, I began to experience the nausea of a bad dream coming true. At 73, Ronald Reagan would be the oldest president ever reelected...[M]y father now seemed to be giving them legitimate reason for concern. My heart sank as he floundered his way through his responses, fumbling with notes, uncharacteristically lost for words. He looked tired and bewildered."

Two years later the president expressed his own concern about his failing memory:

“My father might himself have suspected that all was not as it should be. As far back as August 1986 he had been alarmed to discover, while flying over the familiar canyons north of Los Angeles, that he could no longer summon their names.”

Ron Reagan writes that there is “no evidence that my father (or anyone else) was aware of his medical condition while he was in office.”

“Had the diagnosis been made in, say, 1987, would he have stepped down? I believe he would have.”

In 1994, President Reagan revealed to the nation that he had been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s. But earlier, in 1989, doctors operating on Reagan expressed their belief he was suffering from the degenerative disease.

Ron Reagan writes that in July 1989, his father was thrown off a horse while visiting friends in Mexico. He received medical attention at a hospital in San Diego. When surgeons opened the president’s skull to relieve pressure they “detected what they took to be probable signs of Alzheimer’s disease.” But no formal diagnosis was given.

Ron Reagan says the doctors gossiped about the likelihood his father was suffering from Alzheimer's.

“I have since learned from a doctor who happened to be interning at the hospital when my father was brought in that surgeons involved in his care, in what my informant characterized as ‘shameful’ behavior, violated my father’s right to medical privacy by subsequently gossiping about his condition.”

This is like your Terri Schiavo nonsense.You knew nothingabout the case, yet insisted she was fine and her husband should have his rights taken away.

Right up until the autopsy, where they found her brain was completely atrophied, much like yours.

You're talking thru your fat azz again, Lorac. Have another cigarette!!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819247 Dec 10, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sarah Palin seems quiet since Nov.
She did not attend the conventions that Bush boycotted
Hallelujer! Her hair has gotten bigger of late! Extensions? Maybe she can start a Real Housewives of Alaska show!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#819248 Dec 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and some wonder why my reaction to such seems to be below my normal behavior.
nutjob crazy deserves worse than what i've thrown at it.
I wouldn't worry about any criticism from that moran who calls everyone stupid fck to get attention, and he's the dumbest rock on here.

Location hidden

#819250 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The easily fooled just don't get it. Most of them probably never will. Unfortunately, we've become a majority nation of the easiliy fooled.
The only one easily fooled is you and the nitwits.

You were so sure Obama could not be re-elected.

That's what you get for living in the FAUX bubble.

The easily fooled is your ilk. By Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Akin, Mourdoch, Perry, Walker, Scott, West.

And you lost a historic election!!

One that you said was the most important in American history!!

And you call others easily fooled?? Look in a mirror after you wipe the cigarette scum off it.

Stay angry and stupid, that will ensure Hillary's election in 2016!!
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819251 Dec 10, 2012
Rmoney shelter's money in Cayman Islands-BAD

"...$30m..."

http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/08/in...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/03/mitt...

----------

Google puts $10B in Bahamas-GOOD!

"Google Inc.(GOOG) avoided about $2 billion in worldwide income taxes in 2011 by shifting $9.8 billion in revenues into a Bermuda shell company, almost double the total from three years before, filings show..."

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-10/goog...

"Google executive supports Obama"

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1108/151...

Location hidden

#819252 Dec 10, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and some wonder why my reaction to such seems to be below my normal behavior.
nutjob crazy deserves worse than what i've thrown at it.
I have to question why you would take anything Emaam says seriously.

As Lily said, all he does is call people 'stupid fcks'.

He is way beneath your contempt!! Ignore the troll!!

One of the reasons Carol continues her lie-a-thon is that many are too polite to her.

She's a hateful racist b*tch! Best to treat her accordingly.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819253 Dec 10, 2012
carol wrote:
Wall Street Journal:“So it's a shame that Republicans are playing into Mr. Obama's hands, negotiating in public among themselves, prematurely giving up on the tax issue and undermining House Speaker John Boehner in the process. Mr. Obama isn't going to blink on the budget if he thinks Republicans are going to blink first, and so far the emerging GOP position seems to be to surrender on taxes first and hope Mr. Obama will have mercy on them later on entitlements.”
Weekly Standard’s Bill Kristol hits back: "Most Republicans will go along soon after January 1 with what will now be the Democrats' tax cutting agenda. If the House Republicans now follow the Wall Street Journal editors over the cliff, the only effect, I'm afraid, will be to turn a manageable tactical retreat in December into a panicked strategic rout in January.”
http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12/10...
So, basically, Republicans can't be blamed this time.
Poll: Fiscal cliff blame would fall heaviest on GOP

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012-12-04...

you won't find one poll that says something different. for example...

Voters Think Obama More Willing to Deal on ‘Fiscal Cliff’ Than GOP

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Location hidden

#819254 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
House Republicans should pass a bill that extends the Bush tax rates for all incomes less than $1 million and let Obama accept it or reject it.
Whatzmatter nitwit??

No response to your silly comments on the National Guard??

You don't say 'thanks' when someone corrects your ignorance??

Figures. You prefer to ignore your stupid comments when they're called out.

It's fun to embarass you. And easy!!
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819255 Dec 10, 2012
Democrats, guns, and airplanes...

"Last week we reported on Democratic Illinois state Sen. Donne Trotter, who faces felony gun charges after attempting to take a handgun onto an aircraft."

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/10/mystery-...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#819256 Dec 10, 2012
Republicans Miss the Point on 'Fiscal Cliff' Debate

In this environment, the president has proposed a policy that addresses a perceived level of unfairness in the nation's economic arrangements. Whether it's the best approach doesn't even matter because Republicans in Washington haven't even tried to address the fairness issue. They keep arguing about economic theories.

As a result, 52 percent of voters now prefer a candidate who promises to raise taxes on the wealthy, while just 34 percent favor a candidate who opposes all tax hikes.

This highlights a larger problem faced by the Republican establishment. While most voters see Democrats as the party of big government, Republicans spend more time talking about government. They complain that it's too big, imposes too many regulations and has unsustainable deficits.

Under Obama, Democrats talk less about government and more about how their policies will affect life in America. It's the end result that a pragmatic nation cares about, not the policies.

For Republicans to succeed, they need to recognize that most voters don't care about limited government. But voters care deeply about the type of society a limited government makes possible.

Applying that logic to the current debate over the fiscal cliff, Republicans in Washington need to recognize that few voters believe this is a serious debate about deficit reduction. The president has made it instead a debate about fairness, and they need to respond on that level.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819257 Dec 10, 2012
Obama's WH tells us our taxes are going up...

"A typical middle class family of four would see its taxes rise by $2,200 starting in 2013"

http://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/taxes/tax-cu...

Let those Bush tax cuts expire...
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819258 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatzmatter nitwit??
Are you Asian?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819259 Dec 10, 2012
Hello Jackwagons, 10 minute break for lunch, make it quick.

Say what ya gotta say to Homer.

Starting...

now.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#819260 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one easily fooled is you and the nitwits.
You were so sure Obama could not be re-elected.
That's what you get for living in the FAUX bubble.
The easily fooled is your ilk. By Palin, Beck, Limbaugh, Akin, Mourdoch, Perry, Walker, Scott, West.
And you lost a historic election!!
One that you said was the most important in American history!!
And you call others easily fooled?? Look in a mirror after you wipe the cigarette scum off it.
Stay angry and stupid, that will ensure Hillary's election in 2016!!
Don't forget Karl Rove.

But but Hamilton country!

Curses on you Ohio!
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819261 Dec 10, 2012
Buts its a safety net...

$698 a month...

"...This is painful for a liberal to admit, but conservatives have a point when they suggest that America’s safety net can sometimes entangle people in a soul-crushing dependency. Our poverty programs do rescue many people, but other times they backfire..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/opinion/sun... ;
ole_47

Oklahoma City, OK

#819262 Dec 10, 2012
...when fWeebies influence behavior...

"...In a means-tested program like S.S.I., a woman raising a child may receive a bigger check if she refrains from marrying that hard-working guy she likes. Yet marriage is one of the best forces to blunt poverty. In married couple households only one child in 10 grows up in poverty, while almost half do in single-mother households."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/09/opinion/sun... ;
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#819263 Dec 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatzmatter nitwit??
You suffer from very low self-esteem, as do most obama worshippers.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819264 Dec 10, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The same Daimler that owned Chrysler and dumped it as a loser?
Chrysler's sales have exploded since the bailout__it's the Jeeps and the redesigned and very attractive minivans.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#819265 Dec 10, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
Democrats, guns, and airplanes...
"Last week we reported on Democratic Illinois state Sen. Donne Trotter, who faces felony gun charges after attempting to take a handgun onto an aircraft."
http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/12/10/mystery-...
pj media??? Who do think you are__fred/Paul?

That sht happens at Orlando International several times per month and usually results in dropped charges.

Got anything worthwhile to report?
ole_47

United States

#819266 Dec 10, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Chrysler's sales have exploded since the bailout__it's the Jeeps and the redesigned and very attractive minivans.
Gass guzzlin Jeeps are envogue now?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 36 min Who 48,396
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 hr Kathwynn 306,564
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 hr JOEL 70,577
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 16 hr 1JohnB 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 hr TRD 68,765
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri FOX knews 19,466
Is heroin ruining your life or the life of some... Fri youknowme203 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:46 pm PST