Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818352 Dec 7, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No, estimates are estimates.
Like the government unemployment numbers and the Obamacare financing.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#818353 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the government unemployment numbers and the Obamacare financing.
I agree, I dont believe Obama's DOL unemployment numbers which they cant reflect the true unemployed in the US especially after Clinton changed the way unemployment is Calculated and that is why I didnt even believe the unemployed numbers during G.W.Bush Adminstration and unemployment was high during his adminstration which there was several unemployment extensions under Bush.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#818354 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent Associated Press poll showed a majority of both Democrats and Republicans held anti-black feelings (55 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans) as did about half of political independents (49 percent).
http://surveys.ap.org/
Scroll down and click on "October 27: Associated Press Poll - Racial Attitudes Topline"
65% of those polled said we're on the wrong track too.
Gee. I wonder why?

Susan Rice in 1986 book: Make white students learn black history:
http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/29/susan-rice-...

Lapeer, MI

#818355 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously doubt if even 5% of the high schools in America have a teacher "qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer."
I once read a typical syllabus for early 1800 to early 1900 American grade schools and was stunned. Those kids could run circles around today's kids in math, history, writing and reading.

Lincoln came out of it.

Today's teachers can instruct their students to use social networks and how we need to give out prizes to everyone but they are lost when it comes to teaching critical and independent thought. They are sheep leading the sheep.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#818356 Dec 8, 2012
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, I dont believe Obama's DOL unemployment numbers which they cant reflect the true unemployed in the US especially after Clinton changed the way unemployment is Calculated and that is why I didnt even believe the unemployed numbers during G.W.Bush Adminstration and unemployment was high during his adminstration which there was several unemployment extensions under Bush.
Hard-hearted harbinger of haggis....

"light a match!!"

:)
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#818357 Dec 8, 2012
ole_47 wrote:
<quoted text>
'tax cuts'
You don't make over $60K a year...do you?
you don't pay more than 10% a year in taxes...
Broke a$$'can't afford to pNpot...
Another right wing imbecile making assumptions that they can't back up.

Lapeer, MI

#818358 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons - for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_%28zodiac...
(reliability of wiki notwithstanding)
http://truths.omniseek.com/list.html

Universal Truth # 5
Feet taste better with Ketchup.

Universal Truth # 6
Ketchup makes everything taste better. Except Ketchup

Universal Truth # 7
There's always someone who prefers mustard

Universal Truth # 8
Someone, somewhere will always be offended

Universal Truth # 16
A cat works just as well as trained Psychologist, and gives better advice.

I love my cat.

Lapeer, MI

#818359 Dec 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Likewise, the hurried-er I go, the behind-er I get.
I tell my kids, "Don't get old - although it beats the alternative."
I know from whence I speak, and so do they.
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss117/aloh...
The olderer you get, the more yer Dragon. Chinese Zodiac.

Location hidden

#818360 Dec 8, 2012
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it's just for the mathematics. No different than the mathematics for physics.
Okay. So what does that mean?

Mathematics for physics?

http://www.paperbackswap.com/Interactive-Chal...

let me know how you do.

If your score in abstract engineering is higher than mine, we'll talk.

Looking forward to it!!!

Location hidden

#818361 Dec 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
http://truths.omniseek.com/list.html
Universal Truth # 5
Feet taste better with Ketchup.
Universal Truth # 6
Ketchup makes everything taste better. Except Ketchup
Universal Truth # 7
There's always someone who prefers mustard
Universal Truth # 8
Someone, somewhere will always be offended
Universal Truth # 16
A cat works just as well as trained Psychologist, and gives better advice.

I love my cat.
I've loved so many cats.
Buried them too.

When I no longer live within spittin' distance of a feral cat colony, I'll have another cat.

Til then, I'm bereft.

My 12-yr-old baby:
http://www.permescats.com/UserFiles%5CImage%5...

Location hidden

#818362 Dec 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
s'cuse me? I accused carol of lying? Where? When?
I have never yet found carol to lie about anything.
Do your own legwork on your own posts, Shi(n)...

As if you needed to, following this admission. Or whatever.

;)

Location hidden

#818363 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll probably like this scene and song too then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6JVaOhRztdwXX&feature=fvs t
My personal favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

Mucho Calliente.......

PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#818365 Dec 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The majority of Americans did want Obama's version of health care reform passed. It was passed anyway proving he wasn't "here to do the will of the people".
The majority of Americans believe we are on the wrong track. Obama is taking us down the same one proving he isn't "here to do the will of the people".
The majority of Americans were against the nearly trillion dollar stimulus and nothing to show for it. Obama spent it anyway proving he wasn't "here for the will of the people".
So I have no idea what you're talking about.
By the way, he's a Black Liberation Theologist with Muslim sympathies.
Well Carol a great many people objected to Obamacare because it didn't include the public option to compete with the private insurers. But the GOP and some blue dog Democrats wanted no part of it.
www.reuters.com/.../us-healthcare-usa-poll-id... ...
The opposition to health care reform is ebbing now that people are cutting through the right wing lies and seeing the benefits. My son who turns 21 next spring won't be taken off our policy and we won't have to come up with more money to cover him while he finishes school and gets a job that will offer him his own coverage. People in the middle of chemotherapy won't have their treatment discontinued because of a cap ,on their coverage. Private insurance has to use 80% of the money they get from premiums to actually provide health care instead of lining executive pockets or give refunds which many have already gotten.
The percentage of people that think the country is on the wrong track is shrinking. The latest USA Today/ Gallup poll shows that 54% expect conditions to improve over the next four years. By the way Carol, how many thought the country was on the wrong track during the Bush administration?
As for the stimulus, a recent poll by the National Journal showed that a plurality of 47% said that the stimulus was good for the country while 31% said it was bad.
www.nationaljournal.com/.../poll-americans-wa... ...
By the way Carol Americans by a two 6to one margin want those making over $250,000 a year to pay more in taxes. Why isn't the GOP listening to the will of the people?
Obama won Carol, the Romney/Ryan slash and burn philosophy was rejected.
Live with it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818366 Dec 8, 2012
Fiscal Cliff, Day 31: A GOP Entitlement’s Huge Price Tag

Democrats are the party of entitlements, but an overlooked irony in the fiscal cliff stand-off is that it’s the Republican-designed Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit that threatens to explode entitlement costs, by as much as $1 trillion in 10 years.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/12...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#818367 Dec 8, 2012
The Texas Tribune
Likely Increase in Births Has Some Lawmakers Revisiting Cuts

The latest Health and Human Services Commission projections being circulated among Texas lawmakers indicate that during the 2014-15 biennium, poor women will deliver an estimated 23,760 more babies than they would have, as a result of their reduced access to state-subsidized birth control. The additional cost to taxpayers is expected to be as much as $273 million —$103 million to $108 million to the state’s general revenue budget alone — and the bulk of it is the cost of caring for those infants under Medicaid.....

“I’ve debated this in Republican clubs with people — people who say it’s not the government’s role to provide family planning,” said Dr. Deuell, a primary care physician.“Ultimately, they’re right. But you have to look at what happens if we don’t.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/07/us/likely-i...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#818368 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously doubt if even 5% of the high schools in America have a teacher "qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer."
5% of engineers aren't capable of truly understanding calculus.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818369 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. We have a secret plan to supply guns to the black community so that they will shoot each other, then we deny them medical care so that they are sure to die. What a plan!
The drug trade is also a secret white plan to kill blacks. The slave trader who invented this plan receives a bonus for each black overdose.
And you guys are fully cooperative
Problem is, according to your great intellect, we are killing off our own slave laborers, which makes no sense.
Well Reagan created crack and aids to kill off black people but we were too smart to fall for it.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818370 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama FEMA response in New York and New Jersey has been a total failure, worse than Katrina, which is no surprise.
96% of the people are quite satisfied with the way President Obama has handled the disaster. The 4% who aren't are just people who are unsatisfied with everything. George Bush only got 23% approval for his mishandling of Katrina. He was too busy destroying the economy and starting wars.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818371 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
We encourage the black genocide program started by Margaret Sanger and Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood saves millions of womans lives per year because there breast cancer screening service.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

#818372 Dec 8, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Syria next, because of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons.
If Isreal would just let Palestine be a state all this terrorism would come to an end. The problems in the middle east begin with Isreal. We need to get out of Middle East and solve our problems at home, like Americans addiction to guns and clean energy awareness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min mdbuilder 48,437
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cheftell 68,768
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weselldildos 306,567
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Bently 19,467
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sat JOEL 70,577
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Sat 1JohnB 8
Is heroin ruining your life or the life of some... Fri youknowme203 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance