Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
islam-cult of inferiors

Chicago, IL

#818315 Dec 7, 2012
yes ! Barrack Obama our next president !

Amend the constitution and he will run for a third ,perhaps 4th 5th term !
carol

Orlando, FL

#818316 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Censorship inside of academia is rampant. Not just in grade schools but all the way to the Ivory Tower. It ain't gettin' better, either, since the Boy Messiah got in.
Good people need to feel that "We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender."
Winnie knew the feeling of fighting ignorance and evil. Fight the good fight.
It's probably going to get worse before if gets better. If it even gets better.

We've lost our bearings and become too prideful somewhere along the way. It will probably take being brought to our knees before we realize how fragile we really are.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#818317 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll probably like this scene and song too then.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6JVaOhRztdwXX&feature=fvs t
It's an interesting concept to build a play/movie around the musical works of someone or some group.

Pierce Brosnan plays that silent part well - a man being forced to listen to a woman spill her guts in angst and without uttering a single word in defense. Tough part:}

Lapeer, MI

#818319 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty funny.
As for me, the older I get the less I know.
Can I modify that statement?

The older I get, the less I think know....

....I think...

Lapeer, MI

#818320 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably going to get worse before if gets better. If it even gets better.
We've lost our bearings and become too prideful somewhere along the way. It will probably take being brought to our knees before we realize how fragile we really are.
Pride goes before a fall.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818321 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
If taxes go up on 98% of Americans, that's on the GOP.
As for consumer confidence, this is retail's best Christmas in 4 years.
You're an idiot.
If Obama gets what he wants and the CBO says everyone's taxes will go up if he does, how is it on the GOP?

Or is it just a knee jerk reaction now?
carol

Orlando, FL

#818322 Dec 7, 2012
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently Christmas shoppers didn't get the memo, or weren't polled. Best retail holiday season in years.
Maybe it's because everyone knows it might be the last good one in a while?

Sure hope not.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818323 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It's an interesting concept to build a play/movie around the musical works of someone or some group.
Pierce Brosnan plays that silent part well - a man being forced to listen to a woman spill her guts in angst and without uttering a single word in defense. Tough part:}
I actually thought that myself watching it again tonight.

Very effective acting doing nothing and saying nothing but doing and saying so much at the same time.

Lapeer, MI

#818324 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it's because everyone knows it might be the last good one in a while?
Sure hope not.
Perhaps they mistakenly believe that Santa Claus has now moved into the White House. Boy! Are THEY in for a rude awakening!
carol

Orlando, FL

#818325 Dec 7, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I modify that statement?
The older I get, the less I think know....
....I think...
Either/or...probably...but, then again, maybe not.

See what I mean?
carol

Orlando, FL

#818326 Dec 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Stock market back up too. Time to drag out the Benghazi story again.
Don't get too excited. January 1 is right around the corner. CBO predicts another recession in 2013.
carol

Orlando, FL

#818327 Dec 7, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure she can wrap her mind around chewing gum.
And you can?
carol

Orlando, FL

#818328 Dec 7, 2012
Researcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Of the 45 percent of whites who said they strongly or somewhat approve of the tea party movement, the study report showed,“only 35 percent believe Blacks to be hardworking, only 45 percent believe Blacks are intelligent, and only 41 percent think that Blacks are trustworthy.”*****
http://newmexicoindependent.com/59394/naacp-c ...
*****If that study doesn't indicate racism within the tea party, what would it take?
Nobody has suggested that all tea partiers are racist. But the 35-45% who are racist, by their own admission, taint the majority who probably are not.
A recent Associated Press poll showed a majority of both Democrats and Republicans held anti-black feelings (55 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans) as did about half of political independents (49 percent).

http://surveys.ap.org/

Scroll down and click on "October 27: Associated Press Poll - Racial Attitudes Topline"

65% of those polled said we're on the wrong track too.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818329 Dec 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Public high schools here expel students for part-time attendance. The alternative high schools, however, have higher academic standards than many of the regular ones - and the teachers are more invested (and less restricted) in educating, than in tenure or coffee breaks. Attendance is far better in the alt schools than it is in the regular schools, because the students ACTUALLY WANT TO BE THERE.
Many small school districts throughout the country have only one high school and cannot afford an "alternative high school."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818331 Dec 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of here with that backwoods shit you dumb fk. An eighteen year old can sell three hundred fast food meals per hour with few if any mistakes. At McDonalds the order posts up before the preparation folks, is recorded on the managers log and at the Martin Brower commissary to compute tomorrows delivery.
Only a fkn moron doesn't understand that Flo the bad hungover chain smoking waitress left the building with Elvis.
Three hundred meals per hour is five per minute. The kitchen can't up with that, even if the kid can work the register that fast.

Big problem at McDonald's is favoring the drive-thru, resulting in long delays for in-store customers.

Big advantage for McDonald's is free WiFi in almost all restaurants.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818332 Dec 7, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Ben Franklin actually had six months total formal education; Lincoln probably had no more than twelve, but the concept would seem to be "self-taught." There are some programs and parents that do good work at home schooling, but even linguistically advanced li'l ol' me would think there were many more qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer than I...some of these ones who home school basically for religious reasons I've found to be clear cases of the blind leading the blind. A lot of the students I've known who effectively "dropped out" to pursue an online diploma wasted their time and money.
Seriously doubt if even 5% of the high schools in America have a teacher "qualified to teach calculus to a future engineer."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818333 Dec 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are a total idiot.
We have a graduated income tax. We've had it for a long time.
You really need to understand how it works.
I pay no more or no less than anyone else.
We all pay the same.
I'll tell you what, you take all federal spending & divide it by the population & tax that way.
See how that works out you f*cking idiot. Good luck collecting that tax on those making under $50k.
We have a graduated income tax for that reason. If you don't like it, take your whining ass & leave. We wouldn't have to hear your constant bitching about supporting your own country.
The graduated income tax is inherently unfair.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818334 Dec 7, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>The reason for a progressive tax rate is simple. Currently to raise the same amount as the IRS has coming in it would take everyone paying a tax rate of 23%. So you think someone working for minimum wage wouldn't be hard pressed to pay there bills and buy food and gas and health care plus pay 23% tax? Compare that to people like Mitt that make more than the average income of a working person in one day. You think that someone making billions per year like the Walton Family should pay no more in tax % than the minimum wage workers they have?
Yes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#818335 Dec 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>In theory, taxes need to go up on 100% of Americans who live, work, borrow, and spend in America.
All Americans have responsibility for the National Debt. Whether any particular 'class' accepts that responsibility or not, is apparently in question in Congress.
Are you willing to reduce the debt, or not?
Good point, but taxes along are not sufficient.

Absent real spending cuts, balancing the current budget would require that everybody's taxes be increased by 100%.

Obama's taxes on the rich will close about 5% of the budget gap, assuming no increase in spending.

Sounds like a real plan.
Researcher

Killeen, TX

#818337 Dec 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent Associated Press poll showed a majority of both Democrats and Republicans held anti-black feelings (55 percent of Democrats and 64 percent of Republicans) as did about half of political independents (49 percent).
http://surveys.ap.org/
Scroll down and click on "October 27: Associated Press Poll - Racial Attitudes Topline"
65% of those polled said we're on the wrong track too.
I spent a lot of time lookig at those poll results and appreciate our bringig my attention to them.

However, after going all the way through the poll questions 3 times, I did not find the numbers you quoted.

On page 15, the question asked if the responder LIKE OR DISLIKED BLACKS OR NEITHER.

The results: like blacks - 45%
neither like nor dislike blacks - 45%
dislike blacks - 10%

Can you tell me what page you got your numbers from:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 min JOEL 71,112
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr OzRitz 49,237
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr R C Honey 307,005
Debate: Trayvon Martin - East Hartford, CT (Apr '12) 9 hr scorpiochic 3
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) 9 hr scorpiochic 9
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) 12 hr Police State USA 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr Bently 19,559
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:19 am PST