Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817713 Dec 6, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and DUh A Vey was wrong-on the fed govt transporting kids via buses.
SOME of us don't rely on THAT either!
School funding comes from local,state & federal levels, dumbass.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817714 Dec 6, 2012
The List....

House Republican leaders used a secret criteria list to decide which conservatives to purge from powerful House committees, Breitbart News has learned. As this time, it appears they will keep the criteria list hidden from the public, too. Spokespeople for members of House GOP leadership have refused to discuss details about the list on the record with press.

Because GOP Leadership won't discuss the list, it’s unclear what specific criteria the list contained and how much of a role it played in the conservative purge. It’s also unclear which member of House Republican leadership initiated this process.

In remarks to the Heritage Foundation’s Bloggers Briefing on Tuesday, Kansas Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp confirmed the existence of such a list.

“We’ve heard from multiple sources that someone walked in with a list of votes and said if you didn’t reach a particular scorecard of what was considered the right vote – which by the way, in most cases, was not the conservative position – then [they said]‘we’re going to have to remove you from the committee,’” Huelskamp said.

“All that took place behind closed doors, which is again a problem with Washington, D.C.– whether it’s the budget negotiations, whether it’s everything else, it’s usually done behind closed doors," he explained. "I think, as conservatives, this is where we can win: We’ve got to be willing and able to talk about things in public instead of being afraid of actual public scrutiny.”

Huelskamp later told Breitbart News he thinks House Speaker John Boehner, Majority Leader Eric Cantor, and Whip Kevin McCarthy owe it to the American people to be transparent about this decision making process – and that they should publicly release the list.

“In the name of transparency and openness, they most certainly should release the criteria,” Huelskamp said in an email.“Republican leadership promised America a new era of transparency – they should deliver on it.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

WE WANT TO SEE THE LIST!!

oh please!!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#817715 Dec 6, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TTTT??
You're finally ADMITTING-there's a recession?

The Bush recession. Started 4th quarter of 2007 & ended mid 2009. We are still feeling the effects.

Try to keep up.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817716 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
The Democrats successfully blamed Herbert Hoover from 1932 to the 1960s.
Remember polio?

I remember this little ol' feller from the 60's, whar I grew up at. He used to show up at Mass faithfully every Sunday, a victim of polio.
Sometimes people can be so amazing!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817717 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners throw Bush under the bus after kissing his ass & worshiping his feet for 8 years.
You are so f*cking stupid you think if you give the CEO of Apple a tax cut that he will hire more people.
This is because you are stupid, ignorant, & uninformed
For the unpteenth time, we all pay from the same F*cking chart.
Learn how to use that chart someday & maybe you will cease to be so naive & uninformed.
If you make $50k taxable, Bill Gates pays the same rate on his first $50k as you pay on yours..
What is not fair about that?
But hey, what do I expect from an Anti-American POS like you who thinks supporting his country is being punished.
A federal flat sales tax of 1 percent-would be far more effective than ANY other tax that could be implemented.

NO EXCLUSIONS.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#817718 Dec 6, 2012
After purging four conservative House members from key Committees, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) threatened Republican members of Congress on Wednesday by telling them Republican leaders are “watching” their votes to determine future committee assignments.

Boehner's remarks are a sign that the moderate House Republican leadership will be less tolerant of conservative dissent.

Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS), who was removed from the Budget Committee, said Boehner warned those in his conference that "there may be more folks that will be targeted" and the Republican leadership is "watching all of your votes."

“It was a message to the Republican Conference in general, especially the comment today that there may be more punishment coming if you don’t vote the right way,” Huelskamp told The Hill.

Tea Party? What Tea Party?

that was fast.
GOPidiotsx I

United States

#817719 Dec 6, 2012
proud2bwhite wrote:
<quoted text>you voted for a man that hates this nation with a record of failure and decite. He should be removed from ofice in chains and tried for treason. Romney was not my first choice but honestly I would have voted for an empty orange juice can over the disgrace who currently occupies the whitehouse.
Decite?
Christ you're an imbecile.
GOP loves you!
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817720 Dec 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
DA DEBIL, DE DEBIL, tomato, tomahto
Dahm brainless worm debils....always trying to aggravate somewhere or another...ah think they would flip peas at angels-just fer something to "keep busy at".

Worms.

<scowl>
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817721 Dec 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
After purging four conservative House members from key Committees, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) threatened Republican members of Congress on Wednesday by telling them Republican leaders are “watching” their votes to determine future committee assignments.
Boehner's remarks are a sign that the moderate House Republican leadership will be less tolerant of conservative dissent.
Rep. Tim Huelskamp (R-KS), who was removed from the Budget Committee, said Boehner warned those in his conference that "there may be more folks that will be targeted" and the Republican leadership is "watching all of your votes."
“It was a message to the Republican Conference in general, especially the comment today that there may be more punishment coming if you don’t vote the right way,” Huelskamp told The Hill.
Tea Party? What Tea Party?
that was fast.
Do you remember polio?

Ah remember one dem dar physics-kul edumacation boi's sayzing having to remember polio via graph baws was one dem dar requirements fer edumacation. Tuberculosis too! YOu ever wonder what it was like to immigrate to America back on the day of Ellis Island-and you couldn't get past it, withOUT being flea checked and dipped?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817722 Dec 6, 2012
GOPidiotsx I wrote:
<quoted text>
Decite?
Christ you're an imbecile.
GOP loves you!
We try to tell you ignerts--NOT everybody voted fer, or even liked... duh bammmer!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#817723 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Fox will hire you if they need a moderate Republican.
It would have to be for a morning gig__I start slammin brewski's at around noon.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817724 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bush recession. Started 4th quarter of 2007 & ended mid 2009. We are still feeling the effects.
Try to keep up.
DO you remember polio?

(the recession in muh world did not start until LATE 2009)
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817725 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up.
and ps--yew cannot tell about ALL the recessionary numbers in an economy--especially when there's been NO BUDGET since 2009 either, and the UI figures aren't exactly ACCURATE because there are MANY that WERE employed, that are NO longer employed, but rather than hopping on the givverment handout trains...they SUCKED it up instead of taking Bailouts for FAIL OUTS--like FORD.

Well...do you...remember polio?
GOPidiotsx I

United States

#817726 Dec 6, 2012
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Who will the mob blame for the rotten economy in 2016?
See, here's the part that totally sucks for you.
Most economists agree that by 2016 the economy will be robust.
I realize, Nobraina,that you ignore reality, but the economy has been improving for 2 years.
Every poll shows Americans blame GOP for fiscal cliff.
You know, the polls that predicted Obama win.
Stay bitter.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817727 Dec 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It would have to be for a morning gig__I start slammin brewski's at around noon.
Do they have blended fruit and chunked up ice in them? Mmmmm...frosty fruity froth lol.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#817728 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when you right whiners throw Bush under the bus after kissing his ass & worshiping his feet for 8 years.
You are so f*cking stupid you think if you give the CEO of Apple a tax cut that he will hire more people.
This is because you are stupid, ignorant, & uninformed
For the unpteenth time, we all pay from the same F*cking chart.
Learn how to use that chart someday & maybe you will cease to be so naive & uninformed.
If you make $50k taxable, Bill Gates pays the same rate on his first $50k as you pay on yours..
What is not fair about that?
But hey, what do I expect from an Anti-American POS like you who thinks supporting his country is being punished.
President Clinton was at the Democratic Convention and President Bush stayed away from the Republican conventions. We can see the results.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817729 Dec 6, 2012
Worms will be worms will be worms.

Duhmmies.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#817730 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol stuck around when the turds fled.
nobama is also here
was surprised so many left the group
Things that make ya go hm, but really, how many "hark the obamald obamatics squawk" can people handle?

Peace out!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817731 Dec 6, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding?
The Democrats successfully blamed Herbert Hoover from 1932 to the 1960s.
Point taken.

So after eight years of a rotten economy under Barack, Michelle will campaign in 2016 on the platform of cleaning up the mess left by Bush.

Got it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#817732 Dec 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
School funding comes from local,state & federal levels, dumbass.
The funding source (local versus state) varies between the states, but the percentage of funding by the federal government is very small except in urban poverty districts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 31 min Just Making It Al... 47,481
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL 69,974
Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first... (Feb '09) 3 hr KiMare 16,147
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 306,214
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Cry Baby 19,374
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr TRD 68,635
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Oct 13 Day In Court 66
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]