Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
753,181 - 753,200 of 1,095,367 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The dems sure kissed up to big pharmacy to get that monstrosity they call health care reform passed.
more hypocrisy.

Pharma got exactly what it wanted from Paul Ryan and his Congressional colleagues in 2003 when George Bush pushed Medicare Part D through the House by a single vote. The drug industry was so thrilled that they immediately appointed the Louisiana Congressman who ramrodded the Part D legislation, Bill Joe Tauzin, as PhRMA president with a $2 million annual salary.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/healthcare...
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT; FIRST THEY SPENT 10 YEARS AND 7 TRILLION DOLLARS TO BUILD A CLIFF AND NOW THEY WANT TO STOP EVERYBODY FROM DRIVIN' OVER IT? WHAT THE HELL DID YOU BUILD IT FO'?

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The dems sure kissed up to big pharmacy to get that monstrosity they call health care reform passed.
if you want to talk about kissing up to and selling out to BIG PHARMA, you should check into the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003. Now that was a huge sellout starting with the cost to the taxpayer.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
TUCKER CARLSON AND NEIL PATEL: Congress should dive headlong off fiscal cliff
Everyone in Washington fears the fiscal cliff. The White House has no interest in going over. Democrats understand they’ll never have more power than they do now. Delaying a budget deal until after January means getting less of what they want.
Republican leaders, meanwhile, live in fear of another 1995 government shutdown. When two sides fail to reach a deal, the media blame Republicans. That’s the lesson Republicans learned 17 years ago. They shudder imagining the headlines if negotiations were to break down next month:“Norquist-controlled GOP forces America off cliff.” Nothing terrifies them more than that. They’ll do anything to avoid it, as Obama knows well.(Hence his advantage.)
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/30/tucker-carl...
Tucker Carlson? Oh please
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
A thousand pardons. Good morning.
thats better.
good AM to you.

Sorry that gunner and those other kkkowards left you here to do their fighting for them.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
In the name of "balance," Oblamer asked Congress to pass a bill with tax increases but no spending cuts. Then he claimed that doing so would make it "a whole lot easier" to deal with deficit reduction later.
Another brilliant Oblamer idea.
hasn't he asked the GOP for their plan?

so where is it? let's see the spending cuts they want to make. or is there a reason they don't want to make the first offer on cuts? public opinion? but how can that be? aren't they the 'voice' of the American people?

LOL
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Carol...
Peace
Another glorious day in sunny Florida, so lucky to live here!

Watched The Land of Blood and Honey,(about Bosnian war) Netflix. Brutal, did you see it?
Topic Reminder Service

Seymour, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Barack Hussein Obama II (born August 4, 1961) is the 44th and current two-term President of the United States. He is the first African American to hold the office.

He was re-elected president in November 2012, defeating Republican nominee Mitt Romney. He is the first Democrat since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win two presidential elections with a majority of the popular vote.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tucker Carlson? Oh please
yeah, but you have to love it when his sort happens to bump into the truth.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure sounds a lot like "They organize and oversee the recovery effort".
How stupid can you get? Trying for a record?
Sounds like FEMA is doing a good job of turning middle-class homeowners into welfare residents of homeless shelters.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
In the name of "balance," Oblamer asked Congress to pass a bill with tax increases but no spending cuts. Then he claimed that doing so would make it "a whole lot easier" to deal with deficit reduction later.
Another brilliant Oblamer idea.
maybe you should stop listening to Faux news or stop lying. President Obama's offer included $400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs

"WASHINGTON -- Republicans in Congress reacted angrily to an Obama administration proposal delivered Thursday by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner that offered to avert the fiscal cliff by raising $1.6 trillion in new taxes, in exchange for some $400 billion in cuts to entitlement programs to be negotiated next year.

But the proposal wasn't new. The offer that has Republicans furious was presented to them earlier this month by President Barack Obama at the White House, according to a well-placed Democratic source, and confirmed by two GOP sources involved in the talks. "

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/30/obam...

let's try and stick to the facts, k?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not jump when Mitt lost.
Fox said Mitt would win.
Now you are giving us more Fox?
Four weeks since the election and Obama has done.....nothing.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
It used to be after noon , now it's changed
Florida liquor sales hours represent lily's only area of expertise.
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

This goes out to my favorite stalker.

Recorded right here on topix.
Hit it, BOYS!!!

http://youtu.be/_m-GdmYc7RA
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

It seems the Republicans have run out of squishy moderates to purge. Now they’re starting to run conservatives out of town for being insufficiently doctrinaire.

Exhibit A: The defenestration of Tom Cole.

Cole, a deeply conservative congressman from deeply Republican Oklahoma, is not to be confused with a RINO: Republican in name only. But when the lawmaker, who has been part of House GOP leadership, floated a perfectly sensible notion this week — that Republicans should accept President Obama’s offer to extend tax cuts for the 98 percent of Americans who earn less than $250,000 a year — he was treated as if he had been caught reading Marx in the Republican cloakroom.

“I think he’s wrong, and I think most of the conference thinks that he’s wrong,” declared rookie Rep. Raul Labrador (R-Idaho). Cole, he said, is “a man who has voted for a lot of the increased spending in Washington, D.C., and that’s the problem. We have a lot of Republicans who are, you know, catching their hair on fire right now, but they’re the ones who were here for 10 or 20 years causing all the problems that we’re now facing.”

Rep. Scott Garrett (R-N.J.) called Cole’s position “absurd.” House Speaker John Boehner went before the cameras to deliver Cole a rare public rebuke.

Cole, who enjoys a lifetime rating of 92 percent from the American Conservative Union as he enters his sixth term, isn’t worried about a putsch.“I think I’m going to be hard to sell as a dangerous liberal,” he told me with a chuckle. The outrage, he said,“surprised me a little bit, because I think the politics of this are blindingly clear.”

Cole is correct, for two reasons. On a practical level, his plan calls Obama’s bluff: Because raising taxes on the top 2 percent of earners won’t bring in nearly enough tax revenue to fix the budget problem, Obama would likely be forced to come up with some serious entitlement-program cuts as part of a larger tax-and-spending deal.

But Cole is right for a larger reason: The Republicans’ negotiating position is morally indefensible. They are holding 98 percent of Americans hostage by refusing to spare them a tax hike unless the wealthiest 2 percent are included.

“Some people seem to think this is leverage. I think that’s wrong,” Cole said.“You don’t consider people’s lives as leverage. I live in a blue-collar neighborhood. I’ve got a retired master sergeant as my next-door neighbor, police officer across the street. These are working folks, they’re great people, and the idea that I would ever use them as leverage is just wrong.”

In defying the party purists, Cole is taking a novel approach: doing what his constituents want him to do. His staff reports that calls and e-mails to his Washington office are running 70 percent favorable, and calls to his south-central Oklahoma offices are 90 percent positive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/dana-m...
dem

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Four weeks since the election and Obama has done.....nothing.
thast not true, racist hillbilly azzhole.
he's made every single one of you tea baggers choke on his co ck..

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

conservative crapola wrote:
Barack Hussein Obama Inauguration Day January 20th, 2013.
Public ceremony January 21st.
Justice Roberts, practice your lines.
hahahahahahahahaha
But who's gonna pay Justice Roberts? We're broke!

Maybe the Jerk-In-Chief can talk Jerry Wright into doing it for free.

It would be quite fitting for the Boy Messiah to show up in only his underwear with Moochelle wearing a $2 barrel around her fat azz.

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently don't know hate when you see it. Read a few of the posts on your side of the fence.
It's not my fault Obama acts like he was crowned king of the progressives instead of the leader of all the people.
Neither am I the only one perplexed by his 2008 budget that was rejected by Democrats in 2008 and that he recycled again in 2012.
Hey! At least the Jerk-In-Chief is consistent!

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so what do conservatives nowadays say about those who complain about so called racism?
they call them racists.
Calling a racist a racist is logical....but I wouldn't expect you to understand that, sonicfiller.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2012

Judged:

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling a racist a racist is logical....but I wouldn't expect you to understand that, sonicfiller.
lol

i like that. filler. some of my music critics would dig it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••