Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
753,121 - 753,140 of 1,101,355 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#815071 Dec 2, 2012
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure stupid, it was a big mistake to reject a plan where the wealthy get even wealthier on the backs of the middle class and the poor. A plan that cuts education, veterans benefits, infrastructure repair and maintenance , research and development , voucherizes Medicare putting the elderly at the tender mercies of private insurance and slashes Medicaid leaving the most vulnerable without healthcare.
Only a complete imbecile would consider the rejection of this nihilistic slash and burn policy a disaster.
Blaming Republicans is what Democrats do? Almost every day some right wing whack job you included blames the deficit on Democrats who took a slim control of Congress in 2007 without being able to come up with a single piece of legislation that caused that much damage and escaped Bush's veto pen.
When I place the blame on Bush as the majority of the American people do, I cite concrete examples.
You're a goddamned hypocrite Carol.
What part of "higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit" don't you understand?

It's one simple concept. Perhaps you should read it again.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#815073 Dec 2, 2012
The Golden Rule

Due to the UN vote Israel is withholding the transfers of tax revenues to the Palestinian districts and is pushing ahead with settlements in the disputed areas.
carol

Orlando, FL

#815074 Dec 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
this is not 2008. going back just signals that you have nothing to go forward with.
Apparently, Obama is repeating the past. It's the same plan.

Do you know the spending cuts Obama keeps talking about in his "balanced approach" to raising taxes?

Nobody else knows. Maybe you do.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815076 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "higher taxes wouldn't even produce enough revenue to cover a tenth of the deficit" don't you understand?
yes, we already know that principal stands for nothing in GOPland.

that and we wouldn't want FOX to say he broke a campaign promise, now would we?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815080 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, Obama is repeating the past. It's the same plan.
Do you know the spending cuts Obama keeps talking about in his "balanced approach" to raising taxes?
Nobody else knows. Maybe you do.
well geez carol, let's just drive off the cliff. we spend way to much on the military complex as it is. and what about all those tax cuts that will expire?

maybe you just need some right wing clarity.

GOP Between A Cliff And A Cave
they have been weighed and measured and found wanting

From inside the negotiations the picture looks even more grim:

“Republicans want the president to own the whole offer upfront, on both the entitlement and the revenue side, and that’s not going to happen because the president is not going to negotiate with himself,” the official said.“There’s a standoff, and the staff hasn’t gotten anywhere. Rob Nabors [the White House negotiator], has been saying:‘This is what we want on revenues on the down payment. What’s you guys’ ask on the entitlement side?’ And they keep looking back at us and saying:‘We want you to come up with that and pitch us.’ That’s not going to happen.”

This is not a hard nose bargaining position. It is an ultimatum. This is how you do business with someone you don’t like, you don’t respect, and most of all, you don’t fear.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/30/gop-betwee...

now you can expound on how much the GOP likes, respects, and fears Obama.

this whole thing of getting back what you've been getting sure does have you FOXbots crying foul. it's the funniest thing i've seen out of you wingnuts since you all made Trump your birther icon.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815082 Dec 2, 2012
Cliff Diving

Erick Erickson

Only a fool would think that the same Congress that got us in this mess can get us out of this mess.

The fiscal cliff is the byproduct of multiple congressional compromises to kick several different cans down the road. Now they’ve all landed in the same spot. Both sides are trying to kick multiple cans at one time and are kicking each other instead.

What’s really going on in Washington right now is Republicans are in theater trying to look like the reasonable party. They want back in the good graces of the American public and want to at least save some face when polling says they’ll probably get blamed and their position is unpopular.

They might as well give it up. They’re going to get the blame no matter what happens. They are disjointed with bad spokesmen. One is orange and the other ... well ....

They might as well dive.

http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/30/cliff-divi...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815083 Dec 2, 2012
"their position is unpopular."

keep talking carol.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#815084 Dec 2, 2012
Uh Oh__Carol's doing math__time for a beer run.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815086 Dec 2, 2012
Who’s Afraid of the Fiscal Cliff?

Obama will get his upper-income tax hikes no matter what, the question is whether or not Republicans will cooperate to avert them for everyone else. If they don’t, the Democrats will continue to paint the GOP as obstructing primarily on the wealthy’s behalf, and the president will get credit for practically balancing the budget. According to the CBO, by 2022 the deficit would be at $200 billion, and the budget would be balanced long before the Ryan plan promised to.

Mitt Romney and the Randian wing of the GOP can take some consolation in the fact that, absent unlikely compromise, the ranks of the 47 percent will be reduced next year. Or, slightly less cynically, that taxpayers will come closer to paying the full price for their government.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/why-no...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#815087 Dec 2, 2012
Obama and the Liberals/Democrats have no intent of solving this Fiscal Cliff Crisis their intention is to use this Crisis against Republicans in 2014 the question will it Work!! Republicans should just walk away leave No Prints!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#815088 Dec 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
well geez carol, let's just drive off the cliff. we spend way to much on the military complex as it is. and what about all those tax cuts that will expire?
maybe you just need some right wing clarity.
GOP Between A Cliff And A Cave
they have been weighed and measured and found wanting
From inside the negotiations the picture looks even more grim:
“Republicans want the president to own the whole offer upfront, on both the entitlement and the revenue side, and that’s not going to happen because the president is not going to negotiate with himself,” the official said.“There’s a standoff, and the staff hasn’t gotten anywhere. Rob Nabors [the White House negotiator], has been saying:‘This is what we want on revenues on the down payment. What’s you guys’ ask on the entitlement side?’ And they keep looking back at us and saying:‘We want you to come up with that and pitch us.’ That’s not going to happen.”
This is not a hard nose bargaining position. It is an ultimatum. This is how you do business with someone you don’t like, you don’t respect, and most of all, you don’t fear.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/30/gop-betwee...
now you can expound on how much the GOP likes, respects, and fears Obama.
this whole thing of getting back what you've been getting sure does have you FOXbots crying foul. it's the funniest thing i've seen out of you wingnuts since you all made Trump your birther icon.
Without the necessary spending cuts in the budget - which is what is taking us over the cliff - and major reforms - which is not even mentioned by democrats much less entertained - we're going over the cliff with or without raising taxes on the 1% which won't make a dent in government spending Of which Obama wants even more.

You just don't get it.
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

#815089 Dec 2, 2012
CAROL: "LET'S SEE, IF I TURN 12 TRICKS A NIGHT, FOR 40 NIGHTS... AFTER LEON'S CUT.."
carol

Orlando, FL

#815090 Dec 2, 2012
Realtime wrote:
Uh Oh__Carol's doing math__time for a beer run.
The "math" to which you are referring was "calculated" by David Brooks, a writer for the New York Times.

But you'd probably do a beer run at 10:30 on Sunday morning anyway.
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

#815092 Dec 2, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got about as much humanity inside you as a Parking Meter does.
Let's hope you soon go Expired.
HUMANITY? A PARKING METER? JOHN MCCAIN SUCKED A LOT OF CONG DICK. DUH. YOU'RE THE WHO WANTS TO MAKE HIM INTO A GOD. THERE ARE NO GODS, JUST HUMANS. THEREFORE I HAVE MORE HUMANITY INSIDE ME THAN YOU DO. NOW QUARTERS, THAT'S ANOTHER MATTER.
dem

Chicago, IL

#815093 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The "math" to which you are referring was "calculated" by David Brooks, a writer for the New York Times.
But you'd probably do a beer run at 10:30 on Sunday morning anyway.
i think you forgot to say good morning to me.
THE DEBIL

Reykjavík, Iceland

#815094 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
OH CAROL, HOW CAN YOU ADVISE SOMEONE TO DO SOMETHING YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO YOURSELF? LAST NIGHT I HANDED YOU MORE WISDOM THAN THE BIBLE AND THE QURAN AND THE TORAH ALL ROLLED TOGETHER AND WHAT DO YOU DO? YOU SPURN ME. HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO KEEP BEING SWEET TO YOU WHEN YOU TREAT ME SO POORLY? PERHAPS, YOU SHOULD READ IT AGAIN...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815095 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Without the necessary spending cuts in the budget - which is what is taking us over the cliff - and major reforms - which is not even mentioned by democrats much less entertained - we're going over the cliff with or without raising taxes on the 1% which won't make a dent in government spending Of which Obama wants even more.
You just don't get it.
the 'necessary' is very much open for debate. right wing talking points with nothing to back them up don't really impress.

but hell, i'm starting to be of a mind that we just go over the cliff. just cut the spending where it really needs to be cut. raise those taxes for everyone. then Obama can sit back, point at the GOP, say it was their fault, and he won't be wrong.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#815096 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do winning presidents also say in their victory speeches they will be sitting down with the losing opponent in the weeks ahead to talk about how to move this country forward?
Thought Obama knew how to do that. He won. Why is he interested in Romney's input? He certainly isn't interested in any other republicans' input.
It's a trick, a ploy, carol. The Boy Messiah's trying to put pressure on the Republican House holding his free money/drugs. "See?" he says "I'm making kissy-Poo with Romney. I'm trying to compromise".

The snake keeps hissing.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#815097 Dec 2, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted 20 posts in a row that offered nothing but garbage.
What is WRONG with you?
Why ask the patient what their diagnosis is?
Ask the doctor, instead.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#815098 Dec 2, 2012
Is the Sequester or the Public’s Denial the Bigger Problem?

Permit me a stray radical thought or two ...

House Speaker John Boehner says there’s been “no progress” in the budget talks in the past two weeks.

At this moment, Republicans in Congress need to examine which presents a more dire threat to the country:

A) A double-dip recession driven by the sequester and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts, or

B) the public’s belief (verified through polling) that our giant debt, our ticking time bomb of entitlements, and our gargantuan government can be solved by “asking the richest Americans to pay a little bit more,” as Obama insists.

Option A is terrible, but Option B is the giant locked door blocking all of the real solutions.

So if we must have tax hikes, let the tax cuts for every income level expire and let everyone of every income level pay higher taxes. Destroy the illusion among so many voters that they can get all the government they want without paying more in taxes.

We hear the sequestration deal described as terrible, but it passed both houses of Congress and was signed into law by President Obama. Everyone knew there was a possibility it would go into effect.

Mitt Romney and Republicans spent much of 2012 talking about how badly sequestration would endanger our national security by cutting defense spending. The American people voted for the man who signed it into law anyway. It is time we all saw the consequences of that.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/3...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Jim 18,892
Board to begin terminating superintendent 1 hr Phil Streifer 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Brian_G 305,485
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr litesong 46,375
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 hr JOEL 69,087
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr TRD 68,395
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) 15 hr Sir Samuel 25
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search