Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,619)

Showing posts 752,361 - 752,380 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's plan included spending cuts.
How come he never talks about them and what the heck they are?
yawkie

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

AHaHaaa ... lily's had a nervous breakdown.
She thinks there's a murderer on the thread.
She accused, stalked and harassed him 2 nights ago all day and night. The paranoia did d-stroy 'er.
NOW, she's gone off the loop and thinks I am him!
Good to see your sense of humour back on the thread.
Jane Says wrote:
and condolences to Lily on the tragic death of her thinner, identical twin who didn't believe in European style socialized medicine and was 'struggling' to return to the US for medical treatment before ObamaCare takes effect.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/26/vilm...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't respond to a hypothetical that i wouldn't respond to in the first place.
why should i care if they're playing loud music? what business is it of mine? i'm going to be sitting in front of the store for just a few minutes. so unless i'm not of sound mind, which includes being under the influence(i don't drink), i'm not going to be acting like an arrogant idiot who has entitlement issues.
it seems like you're looking for some sort of justification for the shooting. you should take into consideration that there may not be any.
Playing loud music, particularly certain types of music, in a public place is a form of intimidation. Kind of like flying a Confederate flag.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was referring to addressing global warming. Increasing CAFE standards & his green energy programs were starters.
We need a cap & trade in his second term.
I guess you are a global warming denier.
I definitely believe the climate is always changing.

Look at the Ice Age.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
If I stop at a store & a carload of kids have the music blasting, I would think "kids".
After all, in our youth we probably let the music fly.
Only an anal retentive, troublemaker would tell the kids to turn it down.
The idea this guy was a toter explains the entire affair.
I say fry the idiot.
Awhile back I watched as an old guy walked out of a small retail store and between two cars parked in directly in front. A Doberman, one of two in the backseat with windows down grabbed the guy by the arm and blood went everywhere. The owner of the parked car and dogs actually thought that the old man was in the wrong and started raising hell with him for walking between the cars.

The sheriff's deputy thought otherwise.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i can't respond to a hypothetical that i wouldn't respond to in the first place.
why should i care if they're playing loud music? what business is it of mine? i'm going to be sitting in front of the store for just a few minutes. so unless i'm not of sound mind, which includes being under the influence(i don't drink), i'm not going to be acting like an arrogant idiot who has entitlement issues.
it seems like you're looking for some sort of justification for the shooting. you should take into consideration that there may not be any.
Well i can agree with much of that however We have a lot of those cars and trucks around here that vibrate every part of the car. Sounds like crap and with trained ears very painful. I live one block off Indian River Road and I can hear them going both ways. It's a six lane road. I played my music loud when young, still do, however, as you know, 4 watts doesn't come close to 1000 plus with the 50 lb magnet woofers. 126 db is about the limit. After that you get permanent damage right away with ear bleed over 135. It doesn't take long for that to get on your nerves, literally.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

The consequences of losing an election...

Republicans Face ‘New Reality’ in Washington as the Fiscal Cliff Approaches

As the fiscal cliff approaches, some GOP stalwarts are talking about raising taxes and soft-pedaling abortion.

OK, maybe it’s just a breeze, and a gentle one at that. But after four years of stuck-in-cement opposition, the Party of No is sounding like the Beatles singing “We Can Work It Out.”

What a difference a White House walloping makes. Now even the party’s biggest stalwarts are saying the Republicans face demographic disaster unless they overhaul their image.

“It’s called the new reality,” former Republican chairman Michael Steele tells me.“We can no longer afford to marginalize ourselves as a party.” The GOP has gone “off the rails,” he says.“We are becoming increasingly irrelevant to the political conversation.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

The New Reality.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Carter wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously, he doesn't, which is why he hasn't accomplished anything worthwhile. However, he really does enjoy the spotlight, the travel, and the adoration of his rock fans, which is why the nation must suffer through 4 more years of the same...or possibly worse.
At least "the people" know:

If they ever decide to embrace crazy:

Republican Party doors wide open!

Climate change? No. Never. Deny it!

Crazy!

Tax increase for the richest? No. Never. Protect them!

Crazy!

Legitimate raper? God's will rapist? Yes! Always! HAVE THAT KID!

Crazy!

So America! Go crazy with the Republicans! 2016!

(Ha ha ha! So true! YOU LOSE FOR LONG TIME! HA HA LOL!)
Chicagoan by Birth

Mishawaka, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

THE DEBIL wrote:
Gee Whiz, all kinds of explanations come out of the woodwork now, don't they??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Another GOP Leader Recognizes Reality

What’s unclear about the path forward is whether the House Republican caucus is prepared to listen to Cole’s advice, or even whether it can realistically negotiate anything at all. Washington Post editorial writer Ruth Marcus reports on the House GOP’s opening bid to Obama, which makes no concessions at all:

As described to me by several sources with direct knowledge, the “bargain” was that all the Bush tax cuts would be extended. Revenue would be raised through later tax reform — although no amount was specified and, as important, no trigger mechanism put in place to enforce the deal. In return for the vague promise of future revenue, the defense-spending sequester would be canceled, the age for Medicare eligibility would rise and changes would be made to the formula for calculating increases in Social Security benefits.

That is an almost comical offer, suggesting that Boehner has almost no leeway at this point from his conservatives to make any kind of concessions.

Obama, having learned from the 2011 debt ceiling debacle, is already undertaking a campaign-style effort to pressure Republicans. Jay Carney was strikingly blunt in his dismissal of the possibility of hammering out a deal behind closed doors with the House GOP:

“I don’t think there is a lot of faith that a bunch of people sitting around a table in a room are going to solve problems on behalf of the American people ... if those sitting around the table aren’t also communicating and engaging with the American people.”

Let’s put all the pieces together. House Republicans remain about as crazed and intransigent as ever, and as a result John Boehner remains almost totally unable to bargain. Cooler heads within the party see this intransigence careening toward a political debacle for the party that will wind up handing Obama even more leverage, and they’re looking toward the path of least resistance to avoid such a debacle. That path is to extend most of the Bush tax cuts, spin it as a partial win, and live to fight another day.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/another-...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Still Dodging Reality on Taxes

Congressional Republicans seem to think they are being flexible on taxes simply because a few of them have grudgingly admitted that some new revenues can be part of the current fiscal negotiations. We’re unimpressed.

No credit is due to a party that has suddenly accepted the obvious when it has no choice, particularly after two years of irresponsibly reducing the deficit only from the spending side. True flexibility means acknowledging that tax rates for the rich have to go up, and then negotiating how much and which ones. But, so far, Republicans have been just as closed to that reality as they have been for years, ignoring both the election results and the plain arithmetic of deficit reduction.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/opinion/rep...
yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

Well if you look at my screen name it shows NO location.

The fake one shows a faint address beneath the screen name.

All of the threads you mentioned being pulled last night were dem's and some of debil's. The 11 in a row you mentioned.

O, and I love how they try and sell the fake new yawk post by hitting the Spam, Racy, Disagree icons on my reply! ;)

Have A Good Day!
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Hi back! The reason I registered my name. Hard but not impossible to post under the name.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

The last time Obama reformed an entitlement, you fricken morons went screaming through the streets how Obama gutted Medicare.
RealDave robbing Peter to pay Paul isn’t reform!!
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Double standards and art....

Liberals 'pee-Od' over Obama statue in pee pee art project...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ebay-yanks-be...

Meanwhile...

Jesus in pee jar recieves Natl endowment for the Arts money...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piss_Christ
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Still Dodging Reality on Taxes
Congressional Republicans seem to think they are being flexible on taxes simply because a few of them have grudgingly admitted that some new revenues can be part of the current fiscal negotiations. We’re unimpressed.
No credit is due to a party that has suddenly accepted the obvious when it has no choice, particularly after two years of irresponsibly reducing the deficit only from the spending side. True flexibility means acknowledging that tax rates for the rich have to go up, and then negotiating how much and which ones. But, so far, Republicans have been just as closed to that reality as they have been for years, ignoring both the election results and the plain arithmetic of deficit reduction.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/28/opinion/rep...
when you be hoopin it up with the bro's do you think any of them know what a 1040 or a Schedule D form is?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing loud music, particularly certain types of music, in a public place is a form of intimidation. Kind of like flying a Confederate flag.
so the next time i pull up next to some rednecks in a truck with a confederate flag in the back window who are playing some ungodly C&W crap as loud as they can turn it up, i should just pull out the .45 and empty the clip?

thing is, i never carry. i don't live in fear of anything or anyone. those who would take advantage can smell fear. a gun is just a prerequisite.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

yawk wrote:
Well if you look at my screen name it shows NO location.
The fake one shows a faint address beneath the screen name.
All of the threads you mentioned being pulled last night were dem's and some of debil's. The 11 in a row you mentioned.
O, and I love how they try and sell the fake new yawk post by hitting the Spam, Racy, Disagree icons on my reply! ;)
Have A Good Day!
<quoted text>
yes I know but sometimes when they are really going I just glance at the name before skipping. Personally I don't get it. They are either twelve or mentally challenged. I like coming on here and bantering back and forth but I see no useful reason for what much of what they do. I'm sure there are threads where that kind of crap would be welcome. There are a few other sites I go to once in a while. They would be gone the first post. Wish this one was more like them. Have a good day to you too!
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Liberals are bird brained...

"6-month sentence in stabbing death of parrot"

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20121127/NEW...
ra_con_teur

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so the next time i pull up next to some rednecks in a truck with a confederate flag in the back window who are playing some ungodly C&W crap as loud as they can turn it up, i should just pull out the .45 and empty the clip?
thing is, i never carry. i don't live in fear of anything or anyone. those who would take advantage can smell fear. a gun is just a prerequisite.
How many people in your neighborhood blast Garth Brooks through a 16 inch woofer via a 120Hz crossover?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
All bills containing a poison pill. Republicans passed bills they knew would not stand a chance in the Senate.
They had no desire to pass a bill that would pass the Senate & help America.
"real dumb"
One more time you prove your stoopidity. If the house passed bills had no chance of passing in the senate, why did the senate not do their job and vote them down? The senate under Reids leadership did not allow a vote because he knew they would pass.
You are stoopid!!!!
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 752,361 - 752,380 of1,034,084
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Hartford County was issued at April 18 at 9:37PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE