Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#812254 Nov 27, 2012
Obama tries to corner GOP over tax rates

President Obama and Democrats are trying to back the GOP into a corner over tax hikes just as they did on the payroll tax fight a year ago.

The president and his party are arguing that Republicans should agree to extend the George W. Bush-era tax rates immediately on families earning up to $250,000 a year, and not dig in their heels to prevent rates from rising for higher-income earners.

The argument attempts to cast Republicans as opponents of economic growth and as out of touch with the middle class, a theme the White House used successfully in the end-of-2011 vote to extend the payroll tax holiday.

Republicans agreed to extend that tax holiday on Dec. 23 amid intense public pressure, and a similar vote near Christmas Eve could be coming this year.

The GOP is worried, fearing Obama could jam them into a last-minute agreement as the nation approaches what Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has dubbed a “fiscal cliff.” If Congress does nothing, all taxpayers will see higher bills next year.

“The White House positions itself as the party in favor of tax cuts, just tax cuts for the middle class,” said Julian Zelizer, a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University.“This puts Republicans in the awkward position of opposing tax cuts even if they are actually calling for even broader tax cuts. Given the polls, the White House wins if this strategy works.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/26...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#812255 Nov 27, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU IMPLIED IT. TO THE MEN AND WOMEN IN THE STREETS THE DIFFERENCE IS SUBSTANTIAL. IT'S OK THAT YOU THINK WE BETTER THAN "WE" ACTUALLY ARE, DEBIL UNDERSTAND THIS. BUT THE FACT IS: WE ARE A WEAK NATION. WE TREAT OUR SERVANTS LIKE SHIT.
"We"? You are the one who keeps the thermostat so high that your servants have to run around naked.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pazuzu" ;

Not to mention making poor Pazuzu a social pariah by giving him a penis that women want to take a garden rake to. Poor Pazuzu, all that power and no willing consorts to soothe that fire down below.

Whassa mattah? Couldn't take the competition?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#812256 Nov 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's plan to avoid the fiscal cliff:
Let the Bush tax cuts that apply to income over $200,000 expire. The top two tax rates - currently 33% and 35%- would increase next year to 36% and 39.6%.
Investment tax rates on the rich would increase to 20% for capital gains and to one's top income tax rate for dividends. Both are currently taxed at 15%.
This would amount to $1 trillion over a decade...(government spending amounts to that much in a year.)
Limiting the value of deductions and exclusions that high-income households enjoy...(proposed by Republicans and makes the most sense).
Calling for taxing carried interest as ordinary income. Managers of private equity, venture capital and hedge funds those managers would pay more than double the rate they currently pay.
Impose millionaire minimum tax: "Buffett Rule". Those making more than $1 million pay at least 30% of their income in taxes...
(Buffett has done an about face recently - wants only "minimal" tax increases on the wealthy)...A bill from Senate Democrats modeled on the Buffett Rule was estimated to raise $47 billion over 10 years...(government spends $47 billion in two days).
Enact business tax proposals: A host of smaller tax changes.
...So where are the spending cuts? Increasing taxes across the board seems to be the only Obama plan.
Good post Carol. Obama doesn't have a plan, unless us becoming Greece is a "plan". His elimination of the tax cuts will pay for 8 days so obviously this is not a plan. We are in for another abysmal four years thanks to irrosponsible people who call themselves Democrats.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#812257 Nov 27, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Carol-
Let's drive the liberal illiterate lunaTics really insane today with some figurative literal "biblical" type links lol....
http://photoblog.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/27...
Pretty bizarre. Probably just a phenonmenon. Seems to be happening a lot lately.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Natty Bumppo

Kalispell, MT

#812258 Nov 27, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Italian? Did I say that? Univ of Missouri? Never been there. What else would you like to know, sicko?
Are you a donkey banger with a prayer rug?? HeeHaw, HeeHaw

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#812259 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They should act to help us recover through honest negotiation with the best interest of our country in mind.
If they are unable (like the past 4 years) then yes, they should just let Democrats do it.
RealDave you did say an honest and open discussion…Right? Than you do agree that the senate should present a budget and Reid should bring up Republicans legislation pass by the House sent to the senate that Reid has set on for the past two years to allow either an up or down vote?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mike R

New York, NY

#812260 Nov 27, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty full of ourselves aren't we?
I could find that same screed on any far right wing loony site in a heartbeat. Nothing new in it in any way, shape, or form. It's also extremely easy to refute most of it. I should know.
And BTW....any idea when Mitt will quit taking shots at the folks who didn't vote for him? IOKIYAR? Or just a sore loser?
I think we should just get rid of millionaires. Round them up. Put them in camps. Romney could be first.

It is time to get rid of millionaires. Send them packing. Who needs them. They’re nothing but trouble.

President Obama has proposed a new tax on them. You’re probably thinking the same thing I am: Will this be enough to let millionaires know how much we despise them? I’m afraid not.

When the recession first hit, we knew millionaires were the culprits. They’re always behind the problems in this country. Many of us can barely sleep at night knowing that millionaires are lurking out there with hearts full of evil and pockets full of money.

Most honest men are careful to never let their net worth get anywhere near seven digits, but not millionaires. They use dark tricks like “saving” and “investing” to make their money grow to unnatural levels. It’s time someone put a stop to it!

Some say that we should just ignore the millionaires -- that they don’t harm us. Such people are naive fools, because millionaires ruin our way of life. In these tight financial times, they’ve already taken all the good jobs, which is why you and Lily have so much time to post on here all day, every day.

How many times have you or Homer applied to be a CEO to find that the position has already been filled by some millionaire?

And then they come into our neighborhoods, flashing their riches and stealing our women. Who knows what else they’ll do given free reign?

I saw this horror movie -- I forget the name -- where a billionaire dressed up as a bat and beat up poor people. How far is that from reality? Probably not far enough. In the least, I’m sure millionaires spend their evenings sitting in their Rolls Royces or dirigibles, hugging their bags of money, while pointing and laughing at our small bank accounts.

And the worst thing is knowing where millionaires got all their money: They took it from us! Millionaires create these nightmarish things called “businesses” that do nothing but find new ways to scam us out of our money.

Long ago, people were happy to live in dirt huts, but then millionaires and their businesses tricked us into needing things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, TVs and computers -- just so they could get more of our money. To afford these things, some of us end up working in those despicable businesses millionaires create. It’s a never-ending cycle of misery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

#812262 Nov 27, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yer awfully clueless for claiming to be the Prince of Darkness, Prince of the Power of the air/wind and all in it, Lucifer the beauteous....blah, blah, blah.
I thought you were the one who knows all the dirty secrets in D.C?
You, and your cronies, should know by now that no Mexican goes hungry in America.
DEBIL MAKE NO CLAIM TO ANY TITLE CEPT' HIS OWN? IT'S LIKE YOU CALLIN' YOUSELF A FAT WHORE OR SUMTHIN', AN' WHO GON' DISAGREE WITH YOU? DEBIL KNOW MANY MEXICANS GO HUNGRY IN AMERICA, HOWEVER, MORE NOW THAN EVER BEFO'... BUT HE SEE YOU POINT NOW, HE GOT NO BIDNESS CALLIN' HISELF SATAN WHEN THERE THE LIKES OF YOUR FILTHY ASS AROUND. NO CONTEST.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#812263 Nov 27, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
WHEN'S THE LAS' TIME YOU WERE AT THE WHITE HOUSE FO' SUPPER? BE HUMBLE.
The White House is what my grandmother would call "a den of iniquity". There is no one there I would care to call "friend".

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#812264 Nov 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Wal-Mart hires 2.1 million employees. All these people would find other employment...where?
Carol you know better than to ask Homer that question? He will hire them to weed his garden, in Amish country?? After all they can't use mechanized farm implements?? Ain't that right, Homer??

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#812265 Nov 27, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Entitlements include SS, Medicare,Medicaid, Veterans benefits, etc.
They are not talking about cutting fraud & efficiencies.
There is no Strangling of small business Carol. Really.
Obama saved 716 billion in Medicare & you right whiners ran screaming through the streets how he gutted Medicare. Now you want savings. Why would any politician save money when assholes like you will claim how they "gutted" a program?
You are bitching about yourself & your own party.
Obama never gutted medicare, his planned saved money from it. You might not like what he did with the savings but the savings were legitimate reforms that saved money while increasing benefits.
Two states came to Obama for ideas how to get more people off welfare. Their planned called for relaxing the work requirement in some instances. Obama said that if they can show how this works, they would agree to relaxing that requirement but if they did not prove it within two years, it would go back.
Your dream, Carol. Improve Welfare. What did you & your cohorts do? Run screaming through the streets how Obama gutted the work requirement for welfare.
So here you are are saying how we need improvements but when these were made you lied & had a fit. Now you call politicians chicken. Because of assholes like you who ran screaming through the streets calling their actions gutting programs because Democrats did them.
Social Security and Medicare is as much as bankrupt. Reform is a must.

Veterans' benefits should be left alone.

Four major restaurant chains, Pier 1 Import, Wal-Green's, Apple and PaPa Johns are just a few of the other major store chains who have already cut back their employees' hours to avoid having to pay for benefits. Many more are sure to follow.

Store chains like Barnes and Nobles are letting people go or cutting back on hours as well even though they still provide benefits to part-time employees.

Even that will change soon enough, pretty sure.

This is the environment you helped to create. Now you have to own it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

#812266 Nov 27, 2012
Mike R wrote:
<quoted text>I think we should ney could be first.
It is time to get rid of millis be enough to let millionaires know how much we despise them? I’m afraid not.
When the recession first hit, we knewhat milliy use dark tricks like “saving” and “investing” to make their money grow to unnatural levels. It’s time someone put a es, they’ve already taken all the good jobs, which is way.
How many times have you or Homer applied to be a CEO to find that the position has already been filled by some millionaire?
And then they come into our neighborhosmall bank accounts.
And the worst thing is knowing where millionaires got all their money: They took it from us! Millionaires create but find new ways to scam us out of our money.o needing things like indoor plumbing, electricity, cars, TVs and computers -- just so they could get more of our money. To affery.
HARD TO ARGUE, HARD TO ARGUE. DEBIL GUESS IT LIKE JESUS SAY: "IT BE EASIER TO STUFF A CAMEL'S ASS THROUGH THE EYE OF A NEEDLE THAN FOR THE RICH MAN TO ENTER HEAVEN." SO, UM, IN LIGHT OF THIS TRUISM, WHERE'S THAT LEAVE HIM? HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH... RIGHT YOU IS, WITH ME!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#812267 Nov 27, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post Carol. Obama doesn't have a plan, unless us becoming Greece is a "plan". His elimination of the tax cuts will pay for 8 days so obviously this is not a plan. We are in for another abysmal four years thanks to irrosponsible people who call themselves Democrats.
The obvious is sometimes the most difficult to see.

Taxing the wealthy to pay for even more government spending without a plan to cut back or reform entitlement programs which are off the charts compared to other government discretionary spending is a disaster in the making.

Some simply can't see the obvious. Or choose to ignore it on purpose.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#812269 Nov 27, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text> Carol you know better than to ask Homer that question? He will hire them to weed his garden, in Amish country?? After all they can't use mechanized farm implements?? Ain't that right, Homer??
I noticed he didn't answer my question. He must've had something important to do.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Washington, DC

#812270 Nov 27, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The White House is what my grandmother would call "a den of iniquity". There is no one there I would care to call "friend".
THIS THE SAME GIRL USED TO SIT ON YOU GRANDDADDY'S FACE AND GRIND HER HAIRY ASS DOWN ONTO IT, YELLIN', "EAT ME, OLE! EAT ME LIKE A GREASY EEL!" WHAT? YOU THINK A STORK BROUGHT YOU OR WUZ YOU ONE OF THOSE CABBAGE PATCH KIDS?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#812271 Nov 27, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Dave where does that money come from to help the needy? Not from poor people. The government has to take it from someone before they can give it to someone. Why not cut out the middle man and let the wealthy get to keep and invest that money creating more jobs so the poor people can earn a paycheck and improve their own lot in life? Or are you one of those loony libtards that think the rich keep all their money in a vault in the basement? No need to answer I know the answer.
There you go again. The evil government taking your money.

So you think that all invested money create jobs here in the US?

If I buy shares of Apple from my broker, I have news, Apple doesn't get squat. I bought shares that someone or some entity owned. I didn't create jobs.

Evidently you are still thinking that by handing companies money they create jobs.

They create jobs when they have have a demand for increased products & services.

You think handing the CEO of Sears a tax cut on his person income tax, that he will run out & hire more people or perhaps buy a new TV or car.

We would do better helping real small business. Companies making over $250k in profits don't need our help.

Allow the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy expire. Return the rates on Capital gains & dividends to where they were.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#812272 Nov 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Security and Medicare is as much as bankrupt. Reform is a must.
Veterans' benefits should be left alone.
Four major restaurant chains, Pier 1 Import, Wal-Green's, Apple and PaPa Johns are just a few of the other major store chains who have already cut back their employees' hours to avoid having to pay for benefits. Many more are sure to follow.
Store chains like Barnes and Nobles are letting people go or cutting back on hours as well even though they still provide benefits to part-time employees.
Even that will change soon enough, pretty sure.
This is the environment you helped to create. Now you have to own it.
Keep after them Carol. They are and will be responsible for much misery in this country. We cannot let them and others try to smokescreen what they have done. Libtards are destroying this country and we can never let up on them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#812274 Nov 27, 2012
...phenomenon...glad I caught it before leosnana did.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mike R

New York, NY

#812276 Nov 27, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The obvious is sometimes the most difficult to see.
Taxing the wealthy to pay for even more government spending without a plan to cut back or reform entitlement programs which are off the charts compared to other government discretionary spending is a disaster in the making.
Some simply can't see the obvious. Or choose to ignore it on purpose.
But taxing the wealthy doesn't go far enough to solve America's problems. Getting rid of the wealthy is the answer, because I don’t think President Obama’s millionaire’s tax will be enough to stop them.

We’ve singled out millionaires for higher taxes for ages -- the income tax originally started as a way to take money from vile rich people -- yet they never seem to get the message:“We don’t want you here!”

To really strike out against millionaires, we need some sort of “warfare” based on “class.” I’ll call it “rich-guy battling.”

First, we’ll have to single out the millionaires. There could be a millionaire living in your neighborhood right now, and you don’t even know it! They don’t always identify themselves by wearing top hats and monocles (or bat costumes).

What we need is a millionaire registry, so we can find out where they’re hiding and keep away from them. I certainly don’t want a millionaire dating my daughter.

By subjecting them to scorn, we can chase away the millionaires and make them live in their own separate neighborhoods. We should also single them out on planes and make them sit in their own section. Eventually, we’ll need laws to punish the worst millionaire offenders.

I say we start with Warren Buffett. You may think he’s our friend for proposing the millionaire’s tax, but he has far too much money to be considered anything other than pure evil. He should be publicly flogged as a clear message to everyone of what happens in this country if you make lots of money.

If we keep up our efforts, one day we could drive all millionaires and their businesses from this country. Then we can go back to our simple, honest lives living in dirt huts.

When we reach that day, I will throw a great feast in celebration.

Everyone within a week’s journey is invited.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#812277 Nov 27, 2012
COLONEL ANGUS wrote:
All the redneck/hillbilly scum let their dogs run free here (another reason I'll be so happy to vacate in the next couple of months). There was one the size of a small horse on my land about 1/2 an hour ago. The big male chocolate lab sort of had him at a standoff, and they just stared at each other. Then my medium-sized, sort of nondescript black mutt alpha b!tch took the bull by the horns and summarily ran him off without so much as a moment's hesitation.
This story was for you Yawkie. You see, a b!tch is a b!tch is a b!tch and always will be. As much as you aspire to be one, you were born a dumb wop c**t. You will always be one. There's absolutely nothing you will ever be able to do to change that. Everybody sees it -- except you. But somewhere back there in that nest of scorpions and scrambled neurons you call a brain, you know this, and it makes you frightened almost beyond your ability to stand it. The only time this "voice" is momentarily silenced is when you're feeding your face in some microbe-infested restaurant.
But you can't eat *all* the time ...
Nobody cares what you think, Queenie, that's why your neighbors send their dogs to crap in your yard. If you weren't such a wussie you would take out the dogs yerself.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) 9 min Pot calling Kettle 790
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Mandela 68,465
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 69,347
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 46,575
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr WARRIOR 19,203
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr Pearl Jam 305,554
Review: Action Windows & Siding LLC (May '11) 13 hr barbara 3
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••