Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 37,540)

Showing posts 750,781 - 750,800 of1,071,290
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Bruce Bartlett, whoever he is, clearly has trouble with the facts in blaming Bush when the national debt is "only" $15 trillion,$5 trillion of which and counting belongs to Obama.
Impostor: How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy

Highlights of Bruce Bartlett's penetrating critique

Medicare expansion: Why the new "prescription drug benefit" may be the worst legislation in U.S. history, and will cost the nation vast sums it can't afford

How the Medicare drug benefit will inevitably lead to higher taxes and price controls that will reduce the supply of new life-saving drugs

Why the chief "beneficiaries" of the drug benefit will not be hard-pressed seniors, but big corporations

Why the Bush tax cuts have accomplished relatively little economically. Why many of its provisions are the tax-equivalent of pork-barrel spending -- costing revenue while doing little or nothing to increase economic growth or improve the structure of the tax system

Why Bush may ultimately be responsible for the largest tax increase in history, as the inevitable result of his policies -- though it may not come on his watch

Why the inevitable tax increase will probably a European-style value-added tax (VAT)

How the Administration's policies are developed with little analysis or forethought, then rammed through a compliant Congress -- leading to both economic and political mistakes that could have been avoided

Why the Bush White House has the worst record on free trade since Herbert Hoover

Why Clinton was actually better on the budget than Bush -- vetoing bills because they cost too much (Bush hasn't vetoed a single one) and significantly reducing overall government spending (Bush has massively increased it)

The Regulatory President: how, after promising to roll back Clinton's regulatory excesses, Bush has sacrificed principle to politics and allowed regulation to flourish

Why Bush's policies have far more in common with Nixon's than Reagan's -- especially in his failed attempts to woo moderates by enacting liberal programs (like Medicare expansion) that harmed the economy and GOP fortunes

http://www.conservativebookservice.com/produc...
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Good observations. Myself, I find TV to be an addictive wasteland. There is truly nothing new on TV. The stories are improved, slick versions of the 2000 year old Greek tragedies assisted by High-Tech, tweaked by visual arts and presented as being fresh like you might present Wax Fruits.
The mind needs to be fed healthy, nutritious food for thought to remain healthy. Today, the minds of millions are being fed Wax Fruit by the Temple Priests of The New Reality.
True for the most part, but I still find "Married With Children" pretty inspirational.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>His comment was a bit self-serving, considering the fact that he was making a living selling books.
His views must have changed somewhere along the line. Remember the "Ray Bradbury Theater" series? He also wrote numerous Alfred Hitchcock episodes.
Obama 2016

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

mr owl II wrote:
Pres Obama, Marines, unemployment, and windmills...
"Obama is firing 20,000 Marines at the same time he is blowing hundreds of millions on green energy"
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/
What do Marines, Green Berets, Seals, etc. do after their enlistment is up? They're only trained to do one thing. Do they all become bar bouncers and hit men?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

brown eyes wrote:
Do you know how you can spot a level headed TEA Party man at a TEA Party rally? He has tobacco juice running down both corners of his mouth.
How do you spot a level headed ghetto-rat? She has an Obamaphone up to both ears.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

mr owl II wrote:
"Obama is firing 20,000 Marines...
That's his idea of reducing the size of government.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>You know how to tell if you are standing next to a liberal democrat ? He has his hand in your pocket .
Or in your pants.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

mr owl II wrote:
Talk a bout a war on women and their va J Js....
"They got her in the end: Mexico's fearless woman mayor who survived two drug gang assassination attempts is beaten to death and dumped by the roadside"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22385...
Mexican drug gangs and Muslims seem to have a lot in common.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

carol wrote:
FACTS VERSUS FEARS:
A REVIEW OF THE GREATEST UNFOUNDEDHEALTH SCARES OF RECENT TIMES
Prepared for the American Council on Science and Health
FOURTH EDITION
First published May 1997
Revised September 1997
Revised June 1998
Revised September 2004
1.The “Cranberry Scare” of 1959.
2.DDT, 1962.
3.Cyclamates, 1969.
4.DES in Beef, 1972.
5.Nitrites, 1972.
6.Red Dye Number 2, 1976.
7.Saccharin, 1977.
8.Hair Dyes, 1977.
9.Tris, 1977.
10.Love Canal, 1978.
11.Three Mile Island, 1979.
12.Asbestos in Hair Dryers, 1979.
13.2,4,5-T, 1979.
14.Coffee and Pancreatic Cancer, 1981.
15.Times Beach, 1982.
16.EDB, 1983.
17.Alar, 1989.
18.Electric Blankets, 1989.
19.Video Display Terminals, 1989.
20.Benzene in Perrier, 1990.
21.Amalgam Dental Fillings, 1990.
22.Asbestos in Schools, 1993.
23.Cellular Phones, 1993.
24.Perchloroethylene in a Harlem School, 1997.
25.Vaccines and Autism, 1998.
26.Acrylamide, 2002:“The GreatPotato Chip Scare”.
27.PCBs in Farmed Salmon, 2003-4.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/37169964/Facts-Vers...
One of the reasons behind these scares:
"Ignorance of the basic principle of toxicology,'the dose makes the poison,' as consumers fretover the presence of even a single molecule of asubstance that is not hazardous to humans unlessit is consumed in large amounts."
...like less than 1 nanogram per milliliter...
Carol, just because a group has an impressive sounding name doesn't mean squat. The American Council on Science and Health is an industry shill getting their funding from those industries that seek to shield themselves from the damage they cause. Who am I going to trust Carol? A group that get's it's funding from corporations to protect them or the EPA who is funded by us for the express purpose of protecting the populace from dangerous substances being introduced into the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat?
They're not above creating their own scares either. Board member Betsy McCaughey in 2009 weighed in with the "death panel" baloney in opposition the health care reform.
To their credit they're no longer defending the tobacco industry because the evidence is just too strong to deny that its products are dangerous to health.
ACSH has been headed by Elizabeth Whelan since its inception. Whelan makes no bones about her political leanings, describing herself as a lifelong conservative who is "more libertarian than Republican."
Libertarian as in industry can do whatever increases the bottom line and the the damage it does to the rest of us be damned.
www.sourcewatch.org/index.php... ...
By the way Carol that less than 1 nanogram per milliliter you keep harping on is a chemical marker. The actual carcinogens occur in cigarette smoke at a much higher level.
You were a teacher?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sadly mistaken. When I was in college the teachers/Professors smoked in the classrooms and at the lecterns. Students were also allowed to smoke in the classrooms. Lol,,,and it wasn't 45 years ago.
We used to carry our rifles and shotguns in our pickup's gun racks during hunting season. No big deal. Try driving into a campus parking lot like that today. The SWATs would swarm in and shoot you on sight.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I abhor political correctness in any way, shape or form controlling people and scaring the public into submission.
You willingly fall right in line though.
So, tell me, are you proud of being among the easily fooled?
No Carol you abhor actual scientific data. If you want pc, how about Republicans in the Virginia legislature referring to rising sea levels as "intermittent flooding"?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

moshx wrote:
3 year old murderd , weapon used, his ghetto baby mamma.. bann ghetto mammas.
It wasn't murder. It was a "post term abortion."
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

American Lady wrote:
WE DON'T NEED A WARRANT – WE'RE THE GOVERNMENT!
Exclusive: Andrea Shea King warns Big Brother wants to read your e-mail
http://www.wnd.com/2012/11/we-dont-need-a-war...
Anybody stupid enough to send confidential information via e-mail deserves to have it read by big brother.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
Mitt Romney's Bain Made Millions On Big Tobacco In U.S., Russia
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/mitt...
So what?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We voted for protection of womens rights, civil rights, healthcare, equal pay for women, child labor laws, social security, gay rights, veterans benefits...
among a few reasons.
We voted for President Obama to maintain balance in the Supreme Court. The people voted; they spoke; they won over the corporations.
Won over corporations? You really are living in "la la land" aren't you?
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
443,000? Not 442,000 or 444,000?
A precise claim like that for something that is not directly measurable is BS on the surface.
How much did the taxpayers pay some college professor to invent that number?
63% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
I can hold my head up high, I've bought fewer than 10 bottles of water in my life. Half of them for other people.
I drink lots of bottled water in the summer but I never litter. I toss the empties in the back of parked pickup trucks. Same with my McDonald's trash and beer cans.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
The larger point is that the entire bottled water industry is a joke, an outrageous expense that provides little, if any, benefit over tap water.
Whoever thought it up was a genius. Imagine charging a dollar or more for something that costs about 3¢ to produce. Capitalism at it's finest!
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>I just drink once in a while. Once in the morning and a while in the afternoon. Still celebrating President Obama's triumphant victory. There's nothing like a sore loser.
Typical Obama supporter who sits home and gets drunk all day while posting messages on his free internet with his Obamaphone.
Impeach Obama

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
Where's that brilliant doctor guy with all of the answers?
He's back in Pakistan giving Obamaphone tech support.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 750,781 - 750,800 of1,071,290
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••