Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
750,341 - 750,360 of 1,101,019 Comments Last updated 16 min ago

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#811571 Nov 26, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You've probably never been in a classroom in your life.
I went to school in Massachusetts; in elementary school, nearly all the teachers smoked and they did so in the classroom and the breakroom. In highschool, we students were allowed to smoke in class; you're an idiot.
I had nuns in grammar school. They smoked in the classrooms as well when we were at recess. In high school the teacher's lounges had smoke billowing out of them all day. They too smoked in the classrooms. She was more than likely home schooled.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#811573 Nov 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that in the coming months "Grover Norquist" will become the most forgotten name in Washington.
My money's on Rove being quietly discarded. Grover signed up a bunch of tea party mutts in 2010 and will likely be around until the dems retake the house in and a few states in 2014.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#811574 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Good. George Bush said "who is that Grover guy anyway"? LOL
Calm down kitten, the bush is gone and can't hurt you anymore.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#811575 Nov 26, 2012
Don Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>The one that got re-elected he's the traitor.My son Michael will take care of him.
Cute. Wrong, but cute

Location hidden

#811576 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>You've probably never been in a classroom in your life.

I went to school in Massachusetts; in elementary school, nearly all the teachers smoked and they did so in the classroom and the breakroom. In highschool, we students were allowed to smoke in class; you're an idiot.
We weren't allowed to smoke in school; however, as the student of educators, I smoked in the bathroom just to get caught. I remain a rebel.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#811577 Nov 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone as high as a kite will say "no" on all three questions and get hired. Marijuana wasn't one of the no-nos.
I'd worry more about this if I were you..........

Study: Smoking tobacco ‘rots’ the brain
Monday, November 26, 2012

It’s well known that smoking cigarettes has many adverse affects on the body, but it may come as a surprise to some that it also has some pronounced effects on how the brain functions as well.

http://ageing.oxfordjournals.org/content/earl...

In a study published Sunday in the scientific journal Age and Aging, researchers discovered that regular exposure to tobacco smoke caused significant declines in cognitive performance among older people who had elevated cardiovascular risk factors like high blood pressure.

A study published by Archives of Internal Medicine in 2010 similarly found a link between cigarettes and a more than 150 percent increase in the likelihood of Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia.

The Centers for Disease Control said in 2010 that 21 percent of Americans — about 46 million — smoke cigarettes regularly. According to The Harvard School of Public Health, cigarettes remain the number one cause of preventable deaths in the U.S., responsible for more than 400,000 deaths per year.

Location hidden

#811580 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>"Modernista babes cutting off toes to fit into high heels"?
Come on now.
He sounds like Dennis Miller on a rant
Thought we were just supposed to bind our feet? I haven't worn high heels (in public, anyways) in eons.

Location hidden

#811582 Nov 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, so did I.
Would have told if you'd asked; didn't think I was hiding my gender....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811583 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't allowed to smoke in school; however, as the student of educators, I smoked in the bathroom just to get caught. I remain a rebel.
Well, that was in the 1960's and 70's!!

Y'know, the good old days when teachers hit the girls on the legs with the stick and boys on the hands and the boys had to swim naked while taking swimming classes at the boys club!!
And girls had to wear skirts or dresses even in a snowstorm, we could wear snowpants under our dresses and hang them up in the "cloakroom"!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#811585 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh yes; the rightwingers love their Christmas stories:
Gun club owner:‘Holiday tradition’ for kids to hold machine guns in Santa photos
The general manager of the Scottsdale Gun Club in Arizona is defending his organization’s “Santa machine gun event” as a “holiday tradition.”
Ron Kennedy on Monday told Fox News that his gun club was simply trying to “add a little holiday spirit into people’s Second Amendment rights” when it began allowing members to bring their children to take photos with Santa Claus and firearms three years ago.
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1uRoD )
A couple of years back, InSession featured a trial where some kid went freaky deaky and blew himself away with a machine gun at one of those holiday fund raising gun show gatherings.

Massachusetts vs Fleury iirc.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#811586 Nov 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Evidently most seem their pledge to an over sized lobbyist is more important than their pledge to this country.
RealDave I guess we should Pledge to Obama’s Transformation of America…Right!! He really cares 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 23 million unemployed, 16 trillion in debt, Americans celebrating Thanksgiving in a Soup Lines now that’s Liberals Compassion!! Dave is this what Liberals/Democrats call Equal Outcome?

Location hidden

#811587 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>Oh yes; the rightwingers love their Christmas stories:

Gun club owner:‘Holiday tradition’ for kids to hold machine guns in Santa photos

The general manager of the Scottsdale Gun Club in Arizona is defending his organization’s “Santa machine gun event” as a “holiday tradition.”

Ron Kennedy on Monday told Fox News that his gun club was simply trying to “add a little holiday spirit into people’s Second Amendment rights” when it began allowing members to bring their children to take photos with Santa Claus and firearms three years ago.

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1uRoD )
To each his own; however, my children (and future grandkids) would find this kind of bizarrer....I hope?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811588 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
As an agnostic, I have my own feelings. However, if I don't what to see the nativity scene, then I look the other way! My opinion - they are a symbol of the holiday season like wreaths, greenery, colored lights, etc. I don't care to worship in a church, so I make the decision not to go. However, this doesn't mean I don't feel churches should be banned.
When does it stop? My rights should not inflict on the rights of others, and in a likewise manner your rights should not inflict on mine. You like to smoke? Fine! However, I will excuse myself from a situation if you decide to light up because I don't choose to smell like your smoke. I don't care to own a gun (red-headed with quick temper - not a good idea). However, that doesn't mean you can't own a gun. If I were to learn the fetus I carry will not survive in the world without many surgeries, will need tube feedings and similar treatments to sustain its life, it is MY decision to terminate the pregnancy. My fetus, my body, my decision.
I think it all falls back to having respect and honor for other human beings.
When you surrender another person's rights to the government, expect your rights to be surrendered next.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811589 Nov 26, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had nuns in grammar school. They smoked in the classrooms as well when we were at recess. In high school the teacher's lounges had smoke billowing out of them all day. They too smoked in the classrooms. She was more than likely home schooled.
That's interesting; the nuns smoking!! Did they hit you with rulers too?
You're probably around my age then, I'm 57. Everyone smoked then
(not in my family though) except for my brother who went to the Korean war and came back a smoker, I remember those packs of Chesterfields!!
Ever watch Mad Men? Everyone smokes, that's the way it was.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811591 Nov 26, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>A couple of years back, InSession featured a trial where some kid went freaky deaky and blew himself away with a machine gun at one of those holiday fund raising gun show gatherings.
Massachusetts vs Fleury iirc.
Uggghh. Wonder whatever happened to that little Hitler and his sister Himmler!

Location hidden

#811592 Nov 26, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>I had nuns in grammar school. They smoked in the classrooms as well when we were at recess. In high school the teacher's lounges had smoke billowing out of them all day. They too smoked in the classrooms. She was more than likely home schooled.
Nuns smoked? Wow
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811593 Nov 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
With the fiscal cliff looming for the United States, some Republican members of Congress said Sunday they are ready to break a long standing pledge not to raise taxes.
"The only pledge we should be making to each other is to avoid becoming Greece. And Republicans should put revenue on the table," South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham said on ABC's "This Week."
Read more of the discussion of the fiscal on "This Week" today.
Graham's comments followed those by another Republican senator, Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, who said last week he'll no longer abide by the pledge.
"I care more about my country than I do about a 20-year-old pledge," he said in a local interview.
He got support today from House member Peter King, another Republican from New York.
"I agree entirely with Saxby Chambliss -- a pledge he signed 20 years ago, 18 years ago is for that Congress," King said on NBC's "Meet the Press." He added, "The world is changed and the economic situation is different."
http://news.yahoo.com/gop-starting-rebel-agai...
Republicans are coming apart at the seams.
"Revenue" and tax rates are not the same thing.

And they will not agree to more revenue without spending reductions.

Location hidden

#811594 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>Well, that was in the 1960's and 70's!!

Y'know, the good old days when teachers hit the girls on the legs with the stick and boys on the hands and the boys had to swim naked while taking swimming classes at the boys club!!
And girls had to wear skirts or dresses even in a snowstorm, we could wear snowpants under our dresses and hang them up in the "cloakroom"!!
Thanks for sharing. I love the history.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#811595 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Would have told if you'd asked; didn't think I was hiding my gender....
Homer would never be so forward.
I read a person's name and draw my own conclusions.

Take Carol for instance, definitely female, unless one thinks Carroll O'Connor playing Archie Bunker, hmmm so in that sense I suppose Carol could be a man.

Of course Peppy could be female name until you read his posts and then just assume he is a little light in the loafers.

I think I've digressed far enough.

What was the question?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#811596 Nov 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>After what Bush and the Republicans did to this country we may still be lamenting in 2016. The last global financial collapse took a lot longer to recover from as well.
Sigh, if only Bush hadn't stolen the election in 2000 we might have continued the 8 year of peace and prosperity we had enjoyed under Clinton.
But alas.
Hang on I have to grab a tissue, I always shed a tear when I think back to the 2000 election and what might have been
Gee Whiz Homer, that complete screed is a fabrication. Bush has been gone for almost four years, when is your boy going to step up? But, but, he never had a real job, actually never had a job.. But you voted him into the highest office with no experience, who has egg on their face??
How did Bush steal the election? You keep beating that dead horse? Explain?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr LessHypeMoreFact 46,359
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 69,038
Beware of Walking near 94 or 99 Knollwood Rd-Vi... 3 hr Animal Safety Adv... 1
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Eaddae 305,478
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr voice of peace 68,393
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr see the light 18,888
Santa Ayala: Should she stay or should she go? (Oct '13) Sat Sir Samuel 23
•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••