Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#811564 Nov 26, 2012
John Galt wrote:
Congratulations to the Democrats and Young People!
You now own it and you can't blame Bush.
The next terrorist attack you own it.
Can't get a job after graduation, you own it.
Sky rocketing energy prices due to Obama's EPA shutting down the energy producing states, you own it.
A nuclear Iran, you own it.
Bowing to Russia, you own it.
Another severe recession, you own it.
A volatile border with Mexico, you own it.
Trouble getting good health care, you own it.
Higher health insurance costs and health care costs, you own it.
No budget, you own it.
Our allies mistrust, you own it.
Another trillion of debt, you own it.
More Benghazi situations, you own it.
No one willing to join the military, you own it.
Trouble getting a loan to buy a home, you own it.
More dependency on food stamps, you
own it.
Trouble finding good employment, you own it.
Several part time jobs instead of a good job, you own it.
A World Government, you own it.
The UN governing the United States instead of ourselves, you own it.
China controlling our world trade trampling all over us, you own it.
Loss of our freedoms as we have known it in the past, you own it.
A dictatorship instead of a democracy that follows the Constitution, you own it.
Less take home pay and higher living costs, you own it.
Driving a car that looks like a toy, you own it.
More government corruption and lies, you own it.
More toleration of extreme and fanatical Islamists, you own it.
Terrorist attacks called work place incidents, you own it.
Your revenge instead of love of country, you own it.
President George Bush is out of it now, and
there is not another good man for you to vilify and lie about.
In a way, I am relieved that another good man will not be blamed when it was impossible to clean up this mess you voted for.
Have a good day.
When the economy improves, unemployment drops, Wages tick upwards, housing comes back, peaceful solution to Iran, Better healthcare with 30 million more insured, reduced oil imports, Reduced dependency on oil, cleaner air, cleaner water, fewer greenhouse gas emissions and lower gasoline prices through reduced demand, we will own that.

You will own the Bush Administration & its massive debt, the worst recession in 80 years, the housing collapse, the near financial meltdown, a war based on lies, and the knowledge that we got to a balanced budget with Bill Clinton & then watch George Bush, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell & Pail Ryan piss it away to hand out tax cuts to the wealthy.

That is what you own. Too bad you can't choke over it.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811565 Nov 26, 2012
Uh Oh, the Huckabees son went to PA for Thanksgiving?

11 puppies found ‘skinned to the bone’ in Pennsylvania park

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/26/11-pupp...

(that freak needs to be locked up)
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#811566 Nov 26, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Laura used to go into the Rose Garden and puff her Pall Malls and belt back a few scotchs so she could stand it too!!
I heard she took a fifth and a good book to bed with her for companionship.lol
the_rac_on_teur

Oklahoma City, OK

#811567 Nov 26, 2012
Atheists after Charley Brown...

http://moonbattery.com/
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811568 Nov 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that in the coming months "Grover Norquist" will become the most forgotten name in Washington.
Good. George Bush said "who is that Grover guy anyway"? LOL
President Camacho

United States

#811569 Nov 26, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord split you. America love it or leave it. Men and women have fought and died to make this a free country.
And they are turning over in their graves watching Obama destroy it. The affirmative action president should be given whatever he wants from taxes to punish the wealthy to more job killing cronie favoring legislation along with amnesty for illegals. It will be fun to watch! I intend to reduce my economic footprint and ride the Obama Freebie Gravy Train to Greece. All Takers Aboard.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#811571 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
You've probably never been in a classroom in your life.
I went to school in Massachusetts; in elementary school, nearly all the teachers smoked and they did so in the classroom and the breakroom. In highschool, we students were allowed to smoke in class; you're an idiot.
I had nuns in grammar school. They smoked in the classrooms as well when we were at recess. In high school the teacher's lounges had smoke billowing out of them all day. They too smoked in the classrooms. She was more than likely home schooled.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#811573 Nov 26, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that in the coming months "Grover Norquist" will become the most forgotten name in Washington.
My money's on Rove being quietly discarded. Grover signed up a bunch of tea party mutts in 2010 and will likely be around until the dems retake the house in and a few states in 2014.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#811574 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Good. George Bush said "who is that Grover guy anyway"? LOL
Calm down kitten, the bush is gone and can't hurt you anymore.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#811575 Nov 26, 2012
Don Corleone wrote:
<quoted text>The one that got re-elected he's the traitor.My son Michael will take care of him.
Cute. Wrong, but cute

Location hidden

#811576 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>You've probably never been in a classroom in your life.

I went to school in Massachusetts; in elementary school, nearly all the teachers smoked and they did so in the classroom and the breakroom. In highschool, we students were allowed to smoke in class; you're an idiot.
We weren't allowed to smoke in school; however, as the student of educators, I smoked in the bathroom just to get caught. I remain a rebel.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#811577 Nov 26, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
And someone as high as a kite will say "no" on all three questions and get hired. Marijuana wasn't one of the no-nos.
I'd worry more about this if I were you..........

Study: Smoking tobacco ‘rots’ the brain
Monday, November 26, 2012

It’s well known that smoking cigarettes has many adverse affects on the body, but it may come as a surprise to some that it also has some pronounced effects on how the brain functions as well.

http://ageing.oxfordjournals.org/content/earl...

In a study published Sunday in the scientific journal Age and Aging, researchers discovered that regular exposure to tobacco smoke caused significant declines in cognitive performance among older people who had elevated cardiovascular risk factors like high blood pressure.

A study published by Archives of Internal Medicine in 2010 similarly found a link between cigarettes and a more than 150 percent increase in the likelihood of Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia.

The Centers for Disease Control said in 2010 that 21 percent of Americans — about 46 million — smoke cigarettes regularly. According to The Harvard School of Public Health, cigarettes remain the number one cause of preventable deaths in the U.S., responsible for more than 400,000 deaths per year.

Location hidden

#811580 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>"Modernista babes cutting off toes to fit into high heels"?
Come on now.
He sounds like Dennis Miller on a rant
Thought we were just supposed to bind our feet? I haven't worn high heels (in public, anyways) in eons.

Location hidden

#811582 Nov 26, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Oops, so did I.
Would have told if you'd asked; didn't think I was hiding my gender....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811583 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
We weren't allowed to smoke in school; however, as the student of educators, I smoked in the bathroom just to get caught. I remain a rebel.
Well, that was in the 1960's and 70's!!

Y'know, the good old days when teachers hit the girls on the legs with the stick and boys on the hands and the boys had to swim naked while taking swimming classes at the boys club!!
And girls had to wear skirts or dresses even in a snowstorm, we could wear snowpants under our dresses and hang them up in the "cloakroom"!!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#811585 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh yes; the rightwingers love their Christmas stories:
Gun club owner:‘Holiday tradition’ for kids to hold machine guns in Santa photos
The general manager of the Scottsdale Gun Club in Arizona is defending his organization’s “Santa machine gun event” as a “holiday tradition.”
Ron Kennedy on Monday told Fox News that his gun club was simply trying to “add a little holiday spirit into people’s Second Amendment rights” when it began allowing members to bring their children to take photos with Santa Claus and firearms three years ago.
Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1uRoD )
A couple of years back, InSession featured a trial where some kid went freaky deaky and blew himself away with a machine gun at one of those holiday fund raising gun show gatherings.

Massachusetts vs Fleury iirc.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#811586 Nov 26, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Evidently most seem their pledge to an over sized lobbyist is more important than their pledge to this country.
RealDave I guess we should Pledge to Obama’s Transformation of America…Right!! He really cares 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 23 million unemployed, 16 trillion in debt, Americans celebrating Thanksgiving in a Soup Lines now that’s Liberals Compassion!! Dave is this what Liberals/Democrats call Equal Outcome?

Location hidden

#811587 Nov 26, 2012
<quoted text>Oh yes; the rightwingers love their Christmas stories:

Gun club owner:‘Holiday tradition’ for kids to hold machine guns in Santa photos

The general manager of the Scottsdale Gun Club in Arizona is defending his organization’s “Santa machine gun event” as a “holiday tradition.”

Ron Kennedy on Monday told Fox News that his gun club was simply trying to “add a little holiday spirit into people’s Second Amendment rights” when it began allowing members to bring their children to take photos with Santa Claus and firearms three years ago.

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1uRoD )
To each his own; however, my children (and future grandkids) would find this kind of bizarrer....I hope?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#811588 Nov 26, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
As an agnostic, I have my own feelings. However, if I don't what to see the nativity scene, then I look the other way! My opinion - they are a symbol of the holiday season like wreaths, greenery, colored lights, etc. I don't care to worship in a church, so I make the decision not to go. However, this doesn't mean I don't feel churches should be banned.
When does it stop? My rights should not inflict on the rights of others, and in a likewise manner your rights should not inflict on mine. You like to smoke? Fine! However, I will excuse myself from a situation if you decide to light up because I don't choose to smell like your smoke. I don't care to own a gun (red-headed with quick temper - not a good idea). However, that doesn't mean you can't own a gun. If I were to learn the fetus I carry will not survive in the world without many surgeries, will need tube feedings and similar treatments to sustain its life, it is MY decision to terminate the pregnancy. My fetus, my body, my decision.
I think it all falls back to having respect and honor for other human beings.
When you surrender another person's rights to the government, expect your rights to be surrendered next.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#811589 Nov 26, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had nuns in grammar school. They smoked in the classrooms as well when we were at recess. In high school the teacher's lounges had smoke billowing out of them all day. They too smoked in the classrooms. She was more than likely home schooled.
That's interesting; the nuns smoking!! Did they hit you with rulers too?
You're probably around my age then, I'm 57. Everyone smoked then
(not in my family though) except for my brother who went to the Korean war and came back a smoker, I remember those packs of Chesterfields!!
Ever watch Mad Men? Everyone smokes, that's the way it was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min J RULES 69,943
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Earthling-1 47,470
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Gtown71 306,190
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Buck Rohde 19,354
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 hr Grau 68,634
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Oct 13 Day In Court 66
Office Depot Closing Both Metro Hartford Locations Oct 3 West Coast OD emp... 2

Freeze Warning for Hartford County was issued at October 20 at 4:08AM EDT

Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance