Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1480906 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#674004 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Physicians are already dropping Medicare patients. This is the problem according to Adam Frederic Dorin, M.D., MBA:
Many physicians, feeling isolated and in fear of losing their practices due to severe cuts in reimbursement under Obamacare, are looking for remedies under the law to simply not participate, disenroll, or limit their involvement with the Medicare program. Many would like to continue to see patients by making private arrangements and/or by simply giving free care, but on their terms without unwieldy and unnecessary government regulations imposed by such participation.
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighb...
Where are the millions going to go if more physicians do the same?
Will the government now mandate physicians take these patients or work for free - which has been reported as a distinct possibility?
'severe cuts in reimbursement under Obamacare'

That sounds like cutting spending to me, don't you want to cut spending big gov't Carol?

or

Wife goes to doctor for a visit, procedure, whatever, doctor fee $1,500, Insurance co. pays $800 which the doctor gladly accepts as payment in full.

You tell me the difference?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#674006 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More and more physician assistants and nurse practitioners are already practicing medicine nowadays. Of course, under the "supervision" of a medical doctor.
However, if many physicians are wanting to leave the profession under Obamacare, what makes you think others are going to be breaking down the door to get in?
Only those who would be willing to work harder and get paid less? Don't hold your breath.
Cry me a river, loser.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#674007 Jun 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The housing sector collapsed in 2007. The Dems had just taken control of Congress in Jan. 2007.
You're stupid enough to try to run the claim that Dems had something to do with it when they'd just gotten into office and th eRepubs had been in full control for the preceding 6 years??
You may be stupid enough to believe FAUX nonsense, but don't even try blowing that smoke up my azz!!
----------
""The Beginning of the Crash
The housing market peaked somewhere in 2006. We were beginning to see some of the early signs of trouble when some types of subprime loans started to go into default. There wasn’t worry at that time since never in history have prices for housing market gone down nationally. Once the credit markets froze in the summer 2007, things began to deteriorate rapidly. Subprime credit stopped completely and interest rates for credit for other types of borrowing including corporate loans as well as consumer loans rose dramatically.""
----------
The Republicans had the Presidency, Senate, and House in 2006.
You can run your lies, but you can't hide from the truth, Carol.
It's mostly Bush's fault, most Americans agree. Even today, polls show more Americans blame Bush for today's economy than Obama.
Check out the spending under Congress from 2007 to 2010. You can find it under any government website. Then get back with me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Perryville, AR

#674008 Jun 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
'I just don't do spiteful, hateful, sociopathic, illogical or willful ignorance well.'
- But I thought you WERE a rightwinger
'That stuff is better handle by the licensed professionals of the psychiatric community'
- Which I recommend you visit post haste.
Yours in good mental health,
Homer
"One can only lead mules to water, but cannot make them drink".

Our middle working class healthcare isn't fwee Homer. The co-pays are a bit too much on duh budgets!!

Yours for wishes of good mental health as well-
DuhIcanrelatetotheclueless IndependentMajority lol

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#674009 Jun 29, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Reconciliation is for budgets.
but used to pass Obamacare...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#674010 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
More and more physician assistants and nurse practitioners are already practicing medicine nowadays. Of course, under the "supervision" of a medical doctor.
However, if many physicians are wanting to leave the profession under Obamacare, what makes you think others are going to be breaking down the door to get in?
Only those who would be willing to work harder and get paid less? Don't hold your breath.
Why to you welcome this with open arms in the manufactoring/blue collar sector: see union busting, shipping jobs overseas, wage decreaes, but view the medical field as some sacred cow?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#674011 Jun 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It's you.
It's a balmy 93 degrees in CT today.
Whew, okay cool. I got in my car earlier and the outside temp showed 100, I did drive a fews miles and it dropped 1 whole degree down to 99 so I buttoned the top button of my sweater.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Perryville, AR

#674012 Jun 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
that's funny.
About all you do well is spiteful, hateful, sociopathic, illogical or willful ignorance.
In that, you're just like the rest of the wingnuts here.
Except you're amped up on meth.
You're apparently definetly sick in the head.

Too bad for you, I'm not of the ghetto, guttersniping losertic MENTALity, or I could be selling drug test samples ALLLLL day long.

Slanderous lying nutcase.
carol

Orlando, FL

#674013 Jun 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'severe cuts in reimbursement under Obamacare'
That sounds like cutting spending to me, don't you want to cut spending big gov't Carol?
or
Wife goes to doctor for a visit, procedure, whatever, doctor fee $1,500, Insurance co. pays $800 which the doctor gladly accepts as payment in full.
You tell me the difference?
When there are no physicians left, what good will cutting reimbursements do?

Cutting the costs of medical care by easing malpractice insurance costs passed directly onto patients and opening up competition among all insurance companies nationwide sounds much more practical to me.

Forcing physicians to practice or work for free by government decree sounds a bit creepy to me.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#674014 Jun 29, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
"One can only lead mules to water, but cannot make them drink".
Our middle working class healthcare isn't fwee Homer. The co-pays are a bit too much on duh budgets!!
Yours for wishes of good mental health as well-
DuhIcanrelatetotheclueless IndependentMajority lol
My insurance plan doesn't have any co-pays.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#674015 Jun 29, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
no...Roberts sold out (for whatever reason) and invented the "tax" aspect to justify saving the law...Roberts was a minority of one in taking this approach...
time to move on and focus on defeating Obama...
I was surprised to hear you say Wall Street loves yesterday's ruling.

DJIA up 230+
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#674016 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When there are no physicians left, what good will cutting reimbursements do?
Cutting the costs of medical care by easing malpractice insurance costs passed directly onto patients and opening up competition among all insurance companies nationwide sounds much more practical to me.
Forcing physicians to practice or work for free by government decree sounds a bit creepy to me.
Ain't happening you are overreacting as usual.

And if so then maybe we'll get people in there more concerned about healing than becoming rich.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Bronx, NY

#674017 Jun 29, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The housing sector collapsed in 2007. The Dems had just taken control of Congress in Jan. 2007.
You're stupid enough to try to run the claim that Dems had something to do with it when they'd just gotten into office and th eRepubs had been in full control for the preceding 6 years??
You may be stupid enough to believe FAUX nonsense, but don't even try blowing that smoke up my azz!!
----------
""The Beginning of the Crash
The housing market peaked somewhere in 2006. We were beginning to see some of the early signs of trouble when some types of subprime loans started to go into default. There wasn’t worry at that time since never in history have prices for housing market gone down nationally. Once the credit markets froze in the summer 2007, things began to deteriorate rapidly. Subprime credit stopped completely and interest rates for credit for other types of borrowing including corporate loans as well as consumer loans rose dramatically.""
----------
The Republicans had the Presidency, Senate, and House in 2006.
You can run your lies, but you can't hide from the truth, Carol.
It's mostly Bush's fault, most Americans agree. Even today, polls show more Americans blame Bush for today's economy than Obama.
Democrats are 100% responsible for the sub prime fueled housing balloon and subsequent collapse of the financial by blackmailing banks into issuing trillions in mortgages to minorities or face the race card being played on them.
JEB

Studio City, CA

#674018 Jun 29, 2012
Dow After Robert Ruling

+235.94

(1.87%)
Nobama

United States

#674019 Jun 29, 2012
Pennsylvania auto insurance statutory minimum requirements are $15,000/$30,000/$5,000, so the $50,000 self insurance coverage is above the minimum....

if you're a safe driver and never have accidents, substantial money can be saved over insurance premiums...

the average driver will spend well over $50,000 in insurance premiums over a lifetime...

why not allow individuals to post similar proof of financial responsibility for medical care???...

instead of paying a tax to the government to pay for the care of others...
JEB

Studio City, CA

#674020 Jun 29, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't happening you are overreacting as usual.
And if so then maybe we'll get people in there more concerned about healing than becoming rich.
Doctors are all going to quit

republicaneses for

we lost yesterday.
Nobama

United States

#674021 Jun 29, 2012
by the way, large numbers of Pennsylvania drivers are uninsured, particularly in Philadelphia....

the only mechanisms for verifying insurance are traffic stops by police or annual vehicle inspections (which are typically ignored by uninsured drivers)...

have an accident in Philadelphia and chances are you're screwed...
sonicfilter

United States

#674022 Jun 29, 2012
Mitt Romney’s Empty Obamacare-Repeal Rhetoric

The presumptive Republican nominee was quick to promise a repeal of the health-care act if elected president, but he proposed no alternative—throwing out only the usual Medi-scare, deficit-bomb, and ‘government takeover’ bromides.

"Right off the top, Romney delivered one of the tightest lines of his campaign:“What the court did not do on its last day in session, I will do on my first day if elected president of the United States. And that is, I will act to repeal Obamacare.”

It went downhill from there. Careful to repeat the word “Obamacare” some 18 times throughout his brief remarks, Romney was careless with the facts in his rebuttal.

Maybe it is the inherent awkwardness of the fact that Romney’s major governmental accomplishment is an individual mandate-driven health-care plan, but his response was fear- rather than fact-based. This is consistent with the “attack and distract” strategy he has deployed when it comes to policy during his general-election campaign.

At least three claims Romney made in his speech deserve particular scrutiny:

First, Medi-scare:“Obamacare cuts Medicare—cuts Medicare by approximately $500 billion.” Medi-scare is a classic fear-mongering technique usually deployed by Democrats against Republicans, most vividly by the television ad depicting Paul Ryan pushing grandma off a cliff. The Affordable Care Act does try to rein in Medicare costs by slowing the rate of growth and ending the Medicare Advantage program, but that should be consistent with Republican values of increasing efficiency and reducing waste, fraud, and abuse. Moreover, the Ryan plan, which Romney endorses, would cut at least that amount but redirect the savings to reducing the deficit. Playing the Medi-scare card is low and discredited, but hearing it from a Republican nominee is more than a bit surreal.

Second, the deficit-bomb card:“Obamacare adds trillions to our deficits and to our national debt.” Deficit and debt make up one of the Obama administration’s greatest weaknesses among independents. It is ultimately a form of generational theft. But the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office scored the ACA and determined that it actually would reduce the deficit by more than $100 billion in the next 10 years. I agree that government estimates almost always lowball the eventual costs, especially in the realm of entitlements, but the CBO scoring can’t just be ignored in favor of a partisan narrative. And of course, one of the arguments for health-care reform in general is that it will reduce costs in the long run with our aging population and improve American industry competitiveness.

Third,“Obamacare puts the federal government between you and your doctor.” This is always the emotional kicker, directly connected to the oft-repeated talking point that the ACA is a “government takeover of health care.” That would be scary indeed, but keep in mind the liberal critique of the Obama health-care reform is that it is too insurance-industry-friendly. After all, there was never even a public option, let alone the single-payer fantasy. The current system is far from perfect and far from free market. I happen to believe that third-party-payer problem is a big part of what drives up costs. But the Big Brother dystopian fantasy captured by this instant classic in the paranoid style typed by Ben Shapiro—“This is the greatest destruction of individual liberty since Dred Scott. This is the end of America as we know it. No exaggeration.”—is just that. A paranoid exaggeration.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...
sonicfilter

United States

#674023 Jun 29, 2012
Other specters offered up by Romney include the estimate that an unspecified 20 million Americans will lose health insurance under the ACA and that the law represents a $500 million tax increase.(Keep in mind that the penalty/tax would only be paid by people who refuse to buy health insurance and therefore continue to freeload off the rest of us when they go to the emergency room for urgent care.)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/06...

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#674024 Jun 29, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress makes the laws when it comes to spending...Democrats held power in Congress four years until 2010. Senate Democrats blocked cuts in spending afterwards.
Give me a break, will you?
How does the Senate "block" spending cuts?

If they block an appropriations bill then nothing gets spent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Kevin is Leery - CA 62,935
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth 7,994
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 71,313
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) 11 hr Steph 72
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 hr Sammy Davis Junior 313,199
How DEPRESSING is it living in The State Of Con... (May '16) Jan 17 Hoody Hoodpecker 4
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) Jan 16 Mona 112

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages