Middlefield Tattoo Parlor Closed; Accused Of Tattooing A Minor

There are 20 comments on the Mar 20, 2009, Hartford Courant story titled Middlefield Tattoo Parlor Closed; Accused Of Tattooing A Minor. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

CT ink on Route 66 was shuttered Wednesday and will remain closed indefinitely, town health official Lee Vito said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Ann Theresa

AOL

#1 Mar 20, 2009
Many top models and actresses have tatoo's. Angelina has one. Tatoo are covered over by makeup. I am not a big fan of tatoo's, and would definately be off the wall if my 16 yr old came home with one. Does the pysician have to be present at the facility at all times?
Amazed

Northridge, CA

#2 Mar 20, 2009
Sounds like tatoo remorse to me
Loves My Tattoos

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2009
Sounds like someone looking for a big payday in court.
Now thats funny

AOL

#6 Mar 20, 2009
I got my first tatoo when I was 15 I did it myself with a needle, string and Indian Ink.
Sally Elmer

Northridge, CA

#9 Mar 20, 2009
My daughter has went to this shop along with several other people I know and this is the cleanest shop I have ever seen. I would never have let my daughter go there who is 19 if it was not. And the owner of the shop is very nice and sweet. Maybe the father needs to find something else to do with his money & time. Time for Dad to put a leash so she can't get out and do something like this again. Not their fault it was her friends fault and her fault for agreeing to do it. Hopefully he opens up real soon my daughter is ready to get her tatty finished and he did an excellant job on the outline.
Tattoo

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 20, 2009
Da Plane Da Plane
Early CHildhood Adv

Hartford, CT

#16 Mar 20, 2009
Washington DC hot spot for HIV/AIDS...tatts are also another means of getting hiv/aids, hep, and other stds..and disorders of the blood...how safe/clean was it...was the health department in to check it out? Remember there may be many individuals who got own tatts while in jail and are infected with hiv/aids/hep...many many not be in treatment nor are aware of their status...play it safe...use HANNA TATTS...and wash them away when you think they no longer go with your outfit...or better yet, don't use tatts...they don't realy go with that suit/gown or interview!

JUST SAY NOPE TO ALCOHOL= fetal alcohol syndrome, brain cell damage, cancer, cirrosis of the liver, risky behaviors as a result of being under the influence: such as sex = hiv/aids and other stds, unwanted pregnancies = duis= accidents and deaths as a result of being under the influence...

JUST SAY NOPE TO NARCOTICS ciggs = 430,000 American deaths in 2008 how many world wide? Marijuana = 4 times worse...how many people died as a result of smoking in the US? Worldwide? How many babies born with birth defects? How many male babies born with Cancer of the TESTES? How many INDIVIDUALS are rotting away in jail simply for the EXPERIENCE? How many died simply to import it into the US? And etc. etc. etc. just say nope to other narcotics which are either illegal or prescribed by physicians INCLUDING over the counters...etc

And JUST SAY NOPE TO SENSELESS SEX (oral included) for by the time you realize that you are rpegnant chances are that you and your unborn child have been exposed to hiv/aids and/or other stds...condoms break...and Yes, simply because you are on the pill doesn't mean that you won't get pregnant...pills,( condoms...85%? effective against pregnancies and stds), aren't 100% effective...and offer no protection against stds...such as hiv/aids, hep, hpvs and etc...

Should any of this above info bother you...then you need to look into Alcohol anon, Narcotics Anon, Sex Anon, and if you still are playing with you life...then you need Gamblers Anon...
Early CHildhood Adv

Hartford, CT

#18 Mar 20, 2009
Early CHildhood Adv wrote:
Washington DC hot spot for HIV/AIDS...tatts are also another means of getting hiv/aids, hep, and other stds..and disorders of the blood...how safe/clean was it...was the health department in to check it out? Remember there may be many individuals who got own tatts while in jail and are infected with hiv/aids/hep...many many not be in treatment nor are aware of their status...play it safe...use HANNA TATTS...and wash them away when you think they no longer go with your outfit...or better yet, don't use tatts...they don't realy go with that suit/gown or interview!
JUST SAY NOPE TO ALCOHOL= fetal alcohol syndrome, brain cell damage, cancer, cirrosis of the liver, risky behaviors as a result of being under the influence: such as sex = hiv/aids and other stds, unwanted pregnancies = duis= accidents and deaths as a result of being under the influence...
JUST SAY NOPE TO NARCOTICS ciggs = 430,000 American deaths in 2008 how many world wide? Marijuana = 4 times worse...how many people died as a result of smoking in the US? Worldwide? How many babies born with birth defects? How many male babies born with Cancer of the TESTES? How many INDIVIDUALS are rotting away in jail simply for the EXPERIENCE? How many died simply to import it into the US? And etc. etc. etc. just say nope to other narcotics which are either illegal or prescribed by physicians INCLUDING over the counters...etc
And JUST SAY NOPE TO SENSELESS SEX (oral included) for by the time you realize that you are rpegnant chances are that you and your unborn child have been exposed to hiv/aids and/or other stds...condoms break...and Yes, simply because you are on the pill doesn't mean that you won't get pregnant...pills,( condoms...85%? effective against pregnancies and stds), aren't 100% effective...and offer no protection against stds...such as hiv/aids, hep, hpvs and etc...
Should any of this above info bother you...then you need to look into Alcohol anon, Narcotics Anon, Sex Anon, and if you still are playing with you life...then you need Gamblers Anon...
If Obama doesn't repeal the legalization of marijuana in states which have made it legal ...he is the terrorist! CNN,...Anderson Cooper...please show the tape of the 11 marijuana clinics which were closed in California when President Bush was in OFFICE! HUM...which Basketball team will make it to the final four...I hope Michigan will no longer be in it...unless of course they are against this stupidity and fight against it while still on this side of the world!!

Since: Jun 08

Central CT

#19 Mar 20, 2009
was the health department in to check it out?
http://www.aaatattoodirectory.com/tattoo_regu...

CT and many states require the health department to license the shop in order for it to perform tattooing.
Jackie rox CT INK tattys

Northridge, CA

#21 Mar 20, 2009
Mike J in CT wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.aaatattoodirectory.com/tattoo_regu...
CT and many states require the health department to license the shop in order for it to perform tattooing.
hell yeah you go Mike! and they are licenced and up to code!! luv u mikey!!

Since: Jul 08

Portland

#23 Mar 20, 2009
dont you have anything better to do other than preach this stuff in every single one of these topics? no one cares that you lead a boring life devoid of drugs sex and booze
Kimmy

Manchester, CT

#25 Mar 20, 2009
My oldest and her friends all have tattoos and they are very expensive. For that type of work on her body, it must of cost a pretty penny.

Now maybe she is getting the money on her own(ei..babysitting or a job)however, her parents needs to keep an eye on how she is spending her money. Also, if she has that kind of money, then SHE needs to at least pay half the cost of the lazer surgery.
anonymous

Southbridge, MA

#26 Mar 20, 2009
Clearly the parents of this child need to accept the fact that their daughter made a bad choice. I think that maybe her parents should be more concerned with what other illegal activities their daughter is participating in. Maybe she does not want to be a model I am pretty sure that she made a conscious decision to get a tatoo. I would make my daughter pay for the removal.
Heretic

Middlefield, CT

#27 Mar 20, 2009
Geez... look where the shop is... in Middlefield. The town didn't shut the shop down because of health violations, they shut it down because they don't want a tattoo parlor in Middlefield. They drove out Powder Ridge and then bid on the property to prevent it from being developed. Now they want the tattoo parlor gone because it doesn't suit the image they want to project. Miles and miles of farmland with hardly a farm in sight. Too cheap to have their own police force so they leech from the State.
Heretic

Middlefield, CT

#28 Mar 20, 2009
Jackie rox CT INK tattys wrote:
First of all i know Chris and Jeff very well and i know that shop is one of the cleanest and their work is the best! I dont want to hear anyhthing bad about him what-so-ever about either of them. In fact I will not let anyone else touch my body with a needle- this girl was in good hands... mistakes freakin happen but seriosly i dont think your precious daughter was making a mistake when she went in to pay for his services... yeah it was wrong bc shes underage but at least she didnt go to the slums and have it done with a disease infested needle... she was obvously going to get one weather she is 16,18,21, or freakin 50 so its your kids fault and she would have done it when she wanted, just be happy she found a good clean place.
MAYBE, just maybe as a parent you should keep your kid in check and keep a closer eye on her... your just as much as fault as a parent!! and if SHE thought that models couldnt have tattoos (which isnt true) and she REALLY wanted to be a model she wouldnt have done it, or was the modeling YOUR dream as parents so you can live off her money??... and by lazer surgery your going to scar her up worse than the tattoo. GOD let her express herself! Yeah your mad but its not the TATTOO SHOPS fault your raised your kid to be stupid and not listen to her parents, now is it??
I will do anything in my power to get this shop back up and running, even if it means helping these guys find a new doctor to sponcer this place to replace the old one that these parents threatened and scared off. I seriously HATE parents like that these ones.
I look forward to the reopeneing of the shop!! and i really hope these people get a grip on reality and stop blaming everyone else for their problems- jerks!!!
I had no idea this shop was in Middlefield until I saw this article. If the shop re-opens I'm getting my next tattoo there.
Heretic

Middlefield, CT

#29 Mar 20, 2009
Somewhere In Connecticut wrote:
<quoted text> A lawsuit waiting to begin. I wonder if he has any concerns about her virginity or is that part O.K. As far as modeling goes, she has to be able to model, just not have the desire. What does he have to show that she has a future as a model.Why wasn't he watching her more closely? Is the tatoo parlor her baby sitter?
You never know... she may have other tattoos that daddy and mommy don't see.
Grunds

Newington, CT

#30 Mar 20, 2009
I went and got a tattoo when I was 17; I lied to the tattoo parlor and they did it without checking my ID...at this stage in my life I would see that as a red flag but at that time I was quite pleased with myself. When my Dad found out he was none too happy but there was no way in hell I was going to rat out the place that did it...I accepted responsibility for the fact that I did something I wanted to do behind my parents back and I was going to pay the price!

And guess what? They got over it. And now years later, I have a few more tattoos, a few more piercings, and a succesful career (albeit not as a model). And no one got in trouble becuase I was a liar...besides me! One of the issues I see here is that this girl's father probably doesn't like tattoos...but clearly she does, and that's just something they will have to learn to disagree on. My father HATES them, but I consider them artwork and that's just something him and I will never agree upon.
welshmen

Meriden, CT

#31 Mar 20, 2009
The place is legit and everyone knows it. the people that go there know everything is up to par. good people, great enviroment, and Awesome tattos.
Pete

Maple Grove, MN

#32 Mar 20, 2009
Yeah, but really, no surprise there.
Other shops follow the rules.
PITA

Meriden, CT

#33 Mar 20, 2009
this is all a bunch of crap.. the father most likely has money problems like we all do now a days and is sticking out his hand like corporate america and a easy paycheck. I have been with chriss from day on and even before ct ink. his shop was the cleanest and he does the best work around. I have been going to chris for years and he still checks my id. if its for ha ha or for real its still done every time. this father is just looking for a paycheck. his daughter being 16 is most likely like all the rest of the kids and never disciplined for doing anything bad and gets away with murder i think the real wrong is the father for not knowing his little girl has a fake id..... Ill stand for ct ink no matter what happens i know they are legit and by far one of the best places around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,220,530
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min OzRitz 52,865
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,707
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 hr Chuck 19,852
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr Pearl Jam 309,686
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! 12 hr rocky1 1
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Apr 24 Larry 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]