Ham Radio Experiencing A Resurgence

Full story: Hartford Courant

Silence. "K1MMH/ K1MMH," Hobart tries again. A signal booms. Dozens of hams across the state have heard her call, in Wethersfield, Rocky Hill , New Britain .
Comments
21 - 23 of 23 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A1ACW

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2009

Its a wonderful hobby. I enjoy talking to the older hams in their 90's theirs still alot of those guys out their which radio is their outlet escape from lonliness and they can tell you some great history.
ham operator for 34 years

Studio City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2009

This hobby is filled with white, overweight, stinky, grumpy, and very foul-mouthed old men... I am proud to say that I am not one of them....may these "hero wannabes" rot in hell....
n5jep

Paris, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2009

since they have dumbed it down and loosened the felony ban on licenses it is a real joke now!

Just look at this guy, he is an active extra class licensee. He hangs out at scout functions at red cross shelters, no one will do anything about it. He is league member, active with army mars, ares and more, he is a convicted pedofile. He even re-newed his license from jail

get a hold of leo, here is a link to his site he is an extra class guru, he is also good on qrz

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDeta...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••