Ham Radio Experiencing A Resurgence

Ham Radio Experiencing A Resurgence

There are 23 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Ham Radio Experiencing A Resurgence. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Silence. "K1MMH/ K1MMH," Hobart tries again. A signal booms. Dozens of hams across the state have heard her call, in Wethersfield, Rocky Hill , New Britain .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A1ACW

AOL

#21 Mar 11, 2009
Its a wonderful hobby. I enjoy talking to the older hams in their 90's theirs still alot of those guys out their which radio is their outlet escape from lonliness and they can tell you some great history.
ham operator for 34 years

United States

#22 Mar 14, 2009
This hobby is filled with white, overweight, stinky, grumpy, and very foul-mouthed old men... I am proud to say that I am not one of them....may these "hero wannabes" rot in hell....
n5jep

Paris, TX

#23 Apr 3, 2009
since they have dumbed it down and loosened the felony ban on licenses it is a real joke now!

Just look at this guy, he is an active extra class licensee. He hangs out at scout functions at red cross shelters, no one will do anything about it. He is league member, active with army mars, ares and more, he is a convicted pedofile. He even re-newed his license from jail

get a hold of leo, here is a link to his site he is an extra class guru, he is also good on qrz

http://www.familywatchdog.us/ViewOffenderDeta...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Badjudgment 1,619,292
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Freedomofexpression 318,298
Big whole house tag sale Wethersfield 10/28 4 hr Andrew1984 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Raydot 21,288
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) Wed Desert Toad 4
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Oct 17 Thomas Archer 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Oct 16 kdkapitt 21

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages