Gay couples hope legislation makes Ha...

Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w...

There are 16148 comments on the The Morning Call story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Gay couples hope legislation makes Hawaii first Western state w.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Hawaii , the state that adopted the nation's first "defense of marriage" constitutional amendment a decade ago, has now become the latest battleground in the fight for same-sex civil unions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#16878 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifteen? Wow.
And still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Maybe sixteen will change that???
Smirk.
I wonder if sixteen will make your wife any less ugly?

Location hidden

#16879 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Until now, the differences between same-sex and heterosexual relationships have received little public attention. These differences, however, challenge the assumption that "marriage equality" simply means expanding marriage as we now know it to same-sex couples. Specifically, available research reveals that same-sex relationships, on average, depart from the marital norms of prevalence, monogamy and permanence.
Prevalence: Although marriage rates in general are declining, marriage is still the most prevalent heterosexual relationship. Even in those jurisdictions that allow same-sex marriage, however, gays and lesbians are much less likely to marry. For example, in Scandinavia and Canada, where gay marriage is already legal, rates of marriage are much lower than among heterosexuals — 20 percent of lesbians and 5 percent of gay men compared to 50 percent of heterosexuals.
Monogamy: The Gay Couples Study out of San Francisco State University, which followed more than 500 gay couples for a period of years, recently found that half of gay male couples reported having an "open" agreement to engage in infidelities with their partner's knowledge. Similar findings were reported for civil unions in Vermont and in a widely respected study in 2004. A new word is even being used to describe these arrangements — "monogamish."
Permanence: Though decades of high divorce rates have taken their toll on marriage's permanence, same-sex couples, especially lesbian couples, are still significantly more likely to break up than traditional heterosexual ones. Studies of registered partnerships in Scandinavia show male couples breaking up at twice the rate of heterosexual marriages, and lesbian couples breaking up at a rate that is even 77 percent higher than that of gay male couples. That finding is repeated in multiple studies, including in Great Britain where after four years, 88 percent of married opposite sex couples remained together, 67 percent of opposite-sex cohabiting couples and only 37 percent of same-sex cohabiters.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765635635/...
Let us know when you can cite the source of the statistics used in this opinion piece. Also, the "Gay Couples Study" didn't study married couples, so including it in a supposed opinion piece about marriage indicates that integrity isn't something that opinion piece writer seemed interested in.

Just when we think you can't look stupider or more desperate, there you go proving us wrong. Smile cur.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#16880 Dec 3, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us know when you can cite the source of the statistics used in this opinion piece. Also, the "Gay Couples Study" didn't study married couples, so including it in a supposed opinion piece about marriage indicates that integrity isn't something that opinion piece writer seemed interested in.
Just when we think you can't look stupider or more desperate, there you go proving us wrong. Smile cur.
Jonah, you are so booorringgg.

“Live and let live”

Since: Apr 08

New Orleans

#16881 Dec 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifteen? Wow.
And still, ss couples are only ever mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered halves of marriage making ss marriage an oxymoron.
Maybe sixteen will change that???
Smirk.
Science will. They're already successfully testing fertility methods on mamals that can produce offspring from two parents of the same sex. Once proven safe for humans, the technique will be use to help all infertile couples get pregnant... At least unless it gets banned before then. It's about 10 years away though.

Location hidden

#16882 Dec 4, 2013
Josh in New Orleans wrote:
<quoted text>
Science will. They're already successfully testing fertility methods on mamals that can produce offspring from two parents of the same sex. Once proven safe for humans, the technique will be use to help all infertile couples get pregnant... At least unless it gets banned before then. It's about 10 years away though.
Josh, think about it.

To DELIBERATELY birth a child apart from a mother or father is monster atrocity! It is diabolical and ought to be criminal.

Moreover, it STILL will distinguish a ss couple from a married mother and father, not to mention all the other distinctions.

AND, how will that occur for a gay couple?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#16883 Dec 4, 2013
This thread is now irrelevant.

Bye bye, poor thread.

Poor poor thread.

Poor dead thread.

(... let the dead bury their dead ...)

Location hidden

#16884 Dec 4, 2013

Location hidden

#16885 Dec 4, 2013
For the season ... take a moment ...

Pax Intrantibus

Location hidden

#16886 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jonah, you are so booorringgg.
Thankfully boring will always be a step above being a lying coward cur like you. You will be beneath me until the day you take your last breath.

Have a good day you insignificant POS! Make sure to smile.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#16887 Dec 4, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was also going to ask the same thing.

Is anyone surprised kimare would deliberately neglect to point out that the article was written by a teacher at Brigham Young University?

And he/she/it says YOU'RE boring? Best laugh I've had this morning. It'd hard to decide who is more tragically warped, Kimare or his inner lesbian.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#16888 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Josh, think about it.
To DELIBERATELY birth a child apart from a mother or father is monster atrocity! It is diabolical and ought to be criminal.
Moreover, it STILL will distinguish a ss couple from a married mother and father, not to mention all the other distinctions.
AND, how will that occur for a gay couple?
KIMARE THINK ABOUT IT!

Explain how it's biologically possible for a child to be born without a biological father or biological mother!

I have asked you this question hundreds of times now and you CAN NOT provide an answer.

Yet you still insist on posting the same silly twirl.

So....

KIMARE THINK ABOUT IT!

Explain how it's biologically possible for a child to be born without a biological father or biological mother!

Till then it's off to the sandbox for you where your inner lesbian can protect you from all the cats trying to cover the two of you up.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#16889 Dec 4, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thankfully boring will always be a step above being a lying coward cur like you. You will be beneath me until the day you take your last breath.
Have a good day you insignificant POS! Make sure to smile.
I loved how the author somehow equated a study on the seroconversion of HIV among gay male couples relates to the issue of marriage.

If I'm not mistaken it's the same study that tried to claim that unsafe sex between monogamous male SSC's would result in 'super-infections'.(They weren't able to prove that BTW)

Location hidden

#16890 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Fifteen? Wow.
Yes. Wow indeed. That's 10 more then we had when you started your "crusade". Must suck to be such a failure.

It will be 22 or more by 2016, if SCOTUS hasn't already struck down state DOMA's by then!! And you will still be hear on Topix talking about oxymorons and duplicated genders and basically being an idiotic cur with an ugly wife. smile dear.

Location hidden

#16891 Dec 4, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Wow indeed. That's 10 more then we had when you started your "crusade". Must suck to be such a failure.
It will be 22 or more by 2016, if SCOTUS hasn't already struck down state DOMA's by then!! And you will still be hear on Topix talking about oxymorons and duplicated genders and basically being an idiotic cur with an ugly wife. smile dear.
Speaking of ugly wife's, have you looked in a mirror? Lol.

Location hidden

#16892 Dec 4, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I was also going to ask the same thing.
Is anyone surprised kimare would deliberately neglect to point out that the article was written by a teacher at Brigham Young University?
And he/she/it says YOU'RE boring? Best laugh I've had this morning. It'd hard to decide who is more tragically warped, Kimare or his inner lesbian.
A gay twirling troll is judging a professor? Lol

Shoot the messenger when you have no argument.

Smirk.

Location hidden

#16893 Dec 4, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>KIMARE THINK ABOUT IT!
I have asked you this question hundreds of times now and you CAN NOT provide an answer.
Yet you still insist on posting the same silly twirl.
So....
KIMARE THINK ABOUT IT!
Till then it's off to the sandbox for you where your inner lesbian can protect you from all the cats trying to cover the two of you up.
When you play childish games you only expose your lack of character and substance.

Smile.

Location hidden

#16894 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of ugly wife's, have you looked in a mirror? Lol.
Oh, I get it. One of the gay guys must be the "wife". Oh, that's a knee slapper. So original. You come up with that one all on your own?!

Humor must help when you have to roll over every morning and see that mfuggly thing you are married to.

Location hidden

#16895 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
It was an opinion piece, it requires no argument. As pointed out, none of her stats were cited so it can hardly be treated as meaningful. In addition, she spent time citing studies about non married people. It was a hot mess. Like everything you post.

Location hidden

#16896 Dec 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Smirk.
Please. Learn to evaluate sources.

Do it SOON.
earl

West Mifflin, PA

#16897 Dec 4, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get it. One of the gay guys must be the "wife". Oh, that's a knee slapper. So original. You come up with that one all on your own?!
Humor must help when you have to roll over every morning and see that mfuggly thing you are married to.
I wake up every morning with a sweet smelling beaver in my face...
Yeah Baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Into The Night 60,126
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Nuculur option 1,395,880
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Junket 311,347
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,728
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... (Aug '15) Dec '15 Anthony Wall 11
Wethersfield high school honor roll is about 50... (Jan '13) Jul '15 Anthony Wall 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages