Simply, not all couples are the same. Marriage defines a distinct relationship in society. Ss couples do not equate. Therefore;<quoted text>
You know, I'm usually not about wasting my time convincing ideologues like yourself to view an issue any differently than you already do because whatever good arguments there are, they almost always fall on deaf ears and empty hearts. I can name a number if good reasons for equal civil marriage. Here are just three good reasons:
1. Lack of recognition for ss mariage has and has had real-world consequences for gay couples such as:
A. Unfair additional tax burdons on income and inheritance.
B. Denial of employer-provided pensions and health care coverage.
C. Inability to combine credit causes economic disadvantages when buying a house.
D. Combined assets taxed at the highest rate.
2. Denial of basic rights all spouses are afforded:
A. Inability to make decisions for the health and care of a partner.
B. Refusal of hospital visitation rights.
C. Extended family can pre-empt the rights of a surviving spouse to their partner's assets and even forbid he or she from attending the funeral.
3. What we do is none of your business and government ought not interfere with our rights nor single us out to be treated differently than other couples.
In conclusion, I really don't care why it why not you think ss couples don't deserve the same rights as other couples. In theory, we all have the same constitutial right to fair and equal treatment under the law. To deny that to us is in violation of our rights.
Oh, one last reason... This isn't about you, so get your nose out of our business!!!
1. Marriage does not define a ss couple. Ss couples have every ability to develop their own relational identity.
2. Ss couples do not deserve the same rights and protections. They are fully free to develop their own rights and privileges, which has already been done in some places.
Marriage and family are my concern. Get your hands off them.
At it's most basic essence, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior. Ss couples are a defective failure of mating behavior, making ss marriage an oxymoron.