Owner Says Chimp Attack Was "A Freak ...

Owner Says Chimp Attack Was "A Freak Thing"

There are 126 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Owner Says Chimp Attack Was "A Freak Thing". In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Travis the chimpanzee, a veteran of TV commercials, was the constant companion of a lonely Connecticut widow who fed him steak, lobster and ice cream.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Wally

Hartford, CT

#132 Feb 19, 2009
Oh no yea wrote:
That lady is butt ugly. I think she was doing the chimp. Today my friend is going to knock on her door in a ape costume.
don't brush it off - they often drank wine and snuggled in bed together. i wouldn't put anything past this lady.
counterproductiv e

Dekalb, IL

#133 Feb 19, 2009
"Owner Says ... Attack Was "A Freak Thing" "

Yeah. That's what every dog owner says after his dog kills a child. "Gee, it never happened before ..."

Hold the owner of every dangerous animal responsible and consider every large, strong animal a potential deadly weapon. Heavily fine and imprison each owner for his animal's attacks. It's time animal owners are punished for their stupidity and carelessness of not training and controlling their animals. Why should they contiue to put the public in danger?

“Illegitimi non carborundum”

Since: Jan 09

Scenic Manitowoc County WI

#134 Feb 19, 2009
Oh no yea wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course redneck Texans think we are snobs. We make more money, and dont marry our sisters silly.
Thanks for the help in fighting stereotypes!
;-)
ricbee

Enfield, CT

#135 Feb 19, 2009
renaldo wrote:
Long story short on this one...the owner of the chimp is a nut case like those nimrods that have like 20,30 cats living with them...wack jobs that need medical assistance...
Probably,but she wasn't bothering anyone....

Since: Dec 08

Groton, CT

#136 Feb 20, 2009
CtMC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an animal.
Yeah - you're right. I'm a chimp. Would love to have YOU for dinner - Travis style.
Realist

Bellingham, WA

#137 May 14, 2013
No one should ever have a chimp as a pet! It amazes me how stupid people are. Chimps are closely related to humans, smarter that any other animal. Can't group them into the typical wild animal category. It amazes me that on the Rehabilitation chimp shows they don't punish the chimps for attacking humans. How stupid, and we wonder why they attack. Why not? chimps police their own societies with punishments for bad behavior but us humans think we know better. Human like to think their doing some amazing thing, when in reality they make it worse. Just like in our society if you hurt someone then there are set punishments. They need to be beat, if they attack. Eye for an eye. They are nice, they get treated nice. Not rewarding them for bad behavior, wow what a amazing theory.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Cheech the Conser... 1,616,849
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr John-K 318,257
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 5 hr kdkapitt 21
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Pedro 21,284
News Two Charged In Connection With Bloomfield Murder (Mar '09) Sun Law school gradua... 27
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003
EHHS teachers Oct 10 Disgusted 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages