Two 'Probable' Cases Of Swine Flu Rep...

Two 'Probable' Cases Of Swine Flu Reported In Connecticut

There are 48 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 29, 2009, titled Two 'Probable' Cases Of Swine Flu Reported In Connecticut. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Schools in East Haddam and Wethersfield will close today for cleaning as a precaution against swine flu after students and an employee who traveled to Mexico became sick.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Patrick Daly

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#50 Apr 29, 2009
well, all I can say.. is if your hot dog or pork chop sneezes, don't eat it !!
parent

Rocky Hill, CT

#51 Apr 29, 2009
Not worried wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, but you can also get sick from any number of reasons from traveling to a foreign place surrounded by live bacteria that your immune system is not used to. Your teacher could have very well just gotten sick of drinking the water (they cook with it too). Hopefully that is the case and not swine flu.
Has it been determined that your teacher contracted this uncurable disease? If that is still unknown, I would certainly not freak.
However, that's my point. The government and the news are throwing all this info at us and we have been left to digest it. That's freaky.
The teacher traveled with a family member who got sick first; they're waiting for test results from the State for both but it can take days. This teacher came back from Mexico a week and half ago, so the concern is the virus has a long incubation period. Good news is that it seems to be run of the mill flu for most. Bad news is that if it spreads around schools, those kids can unknowingly bring it home to elderly relatives who don't bounce back as easily. Kids don't need to be freaked, just sensible. Listen to Mom: wash your hands and cover your mouth if you cough!
bro

AOL

#52 Apr 29, 2009
this could be good for mexico, it might ki ll all of the off- ahh!, what a plesant thought!!!
Uh Oh

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#56 Apr 30, 2009
It started as an experimental recipe Martha Stewart's kitchen.
Patrick Daly

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#58 Apr 30, 2009
Uh Oh wrote:
It started as an experimental recipe Martha Stewart's kitchen.
Oh you mean the show that had on Kirstie Ally & Oprah .. with an appearance by Jessica Simpson
Leigh

Oxford, CT

#61 May 6, 2009
Can this flu really turn into an epidemic??
a parent

Hartford, CT

#63 May 13, 2009
funny how one week it's a major story with schools in the state closing for days then the next week, even with more identified cases, no one even cares anymore. Of course, who wants schools to close and mess up summer vacations to make up the missed days.
HCT1973

Colchester, CT

#64 May 14, 2009
This flu would not have been a big deal if it had happend two months ago during flu season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,432,975
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min cpeter1313 311,904
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Earl 20,624
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 61,490
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 71,057
CAR Accident on Friday April 22, 2016 Apr '16 MarcusT20073 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages