Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326563 Sep 18, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't you? Be specific as to your objection.
Be "specific" as to WHY I don't want killing innocent humans because they are unwanted? Are you EFFIN kidding me, pyscho?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326564 Sep 18, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>That's not an answer. Why would you deny women a safe abortion? It has to be legal to be safe. Why deny women that?
Abortion kills the womans developing child. Safe? Yeah okay bozo.

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#326565 Sep 18, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>She has none, she's a troll.
Sorry, Pearl Jam. A rather hasty assessment on your part. Every single pregnancy is a gift from God. Ready or not, live or potentially die, gestating women are carrying a new miracle.

There are currently 7 billion miracles that need to eat to survive. Don't worry about resources, God will provide - if He feels so inclined. Or it becomes First Bank, first served.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326566 Sep 18, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Oh, now it's bullying? You PLM zombies love to rape the language, finding new, sensationalistic, and totally irrelevant words to write your purple prose against a medical procedure you happen to disapprove of. Controlling women just because they happen to get pregnant isn't about love at all. Your posts show over and over again that it's all about punishing women for having sex under any circumstances that meet your standards.
<quoted text>
Killing our own developing child is evil. Premediated threatening the life of another *if* they might not be wanted is bullying (to death).
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326567 Sep 18, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Pearl Jam. A rather hasty assessment on your part. Every single pregnancy is a gift from God. Ready or not, live or potentially die, gestating women are carrying a new miracle.
There are currently 7 billion miracles that need to eat to survive. Don't worry about resources, God will provide - if He feels so inclined. Or it becomes First Bank, first served.
If the selfish only shared their food, ya know?

Hey, I say to kill the starving to prevent their inevitable starvation suffdring, aye Aged?@@
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326568 Sep 18, 2014
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem bound and determined to force your moral beliefs on others. No one is forcing you to use birth control or have an abortion or to not use birth control and not have an abortion.
I'm curious as to:
#1. How many unwanted kids have you adopted?
#2. How much money and time have you given to help a single mother - raise her kids and help her support herself?
#3. How much money have you donated to an orphanage?
#4. How much money have you donated to the poor?
Let me have my freedom to make my own choices. Individual freedom is the distance between those wanting to impose their Theocracy and what Government & laws is actually necessary.
Although I am against most abortions & would impose strict time limits and eliminate all late term abortions, I fully respect the rights of others within these parameters. If one does not believe in abortions under any case or circumstances then don't have one. I will not force you to but quit trying to impose your views on me through big government laws if I feel otherwise.
The Constitution and Bill of Rights are supposed to protect my individual rights against your religious beliefs, even if you feel you are of the majority religious faith. I am not interested in living under your religious views. Keep your religious beliefs in your Church and individual life. This Country is not a Theocracy built around your religion and your beliefs.
The real issue at stake here is not abortion. The issue is individual freedom and individual rights to whether women can make up their own mind instead of some right-wing pastor, some self-righteous person, and some right-wing politician for political purposes telling them what they can do. It is an individual freedom issue given to each individual under the Constitution of the USA and the Bill of Rights.
Individual Freedom is at stake when a loud vocal group based on their moral and religious beliefs can impose their standards on someone else through big government laws. It makes no difference how religiously righteous they believe in their cause. This country is not religious Theocracy of their religious beliefs but a country of freedom built around individual rights and individual freedom. I for one am not interested in living under your set of religious views any more that you are of mine.
"What is freedom? Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for yourself the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument, a thing."
Freedom is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint, and the absence of a despotic government or religion.
Freedom as the right to do as you wish as long as it does not interfere with the equal rights of others. All rights come so wrapped in a society.
Freedom starts with a principle of self-ownership. In a free society, each and every person has legal control (or "by birth ownership") of their own body and mind. As such, I should be free to do as I wish if it does not affect you.
Freedom obviously cannot include the legal right to limit other people's freedom because that would be illogical.
^^^another long winded post from an abortion apologist.

::yawn::

Sooooo original!
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326569 Sep 18, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Great. Now we're getting somewhere.
Life decides that an egg is fertilized, and Life decides it will be terminated. That decision (by Life) will be cognitive (induced) or not (spontaneous). It's all just Life, after all, and who can argue with Life?
Induced ending of life is done by one human (deliberately...ya know,...killing?) And the other is natural. How silly and dishonest of you to compare them. Oh, and.....Who's the author of life STO
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326570 Sep 18, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I can deny them entrance, or I can make them leave. If there's a Class 5 tornado out there, too frigging bad. The fetus has no rights--not to gestation or to the woman's bodily resources.
<quoted text>
Right,..you can deny them entrance or make them leave but you can't kill them.

I beg to differ Peteyboy. A fetus does indeed have rights and abortion is restricted because of it and there are fetal homocide laws, remember?

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#326571 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Be "specific" as to WHY I don't want killing innocent humans because they are unwanted? Are you EFFIN kidding me, pyscho?
That wasn't the question. Question was what is your problem with keeping abortion legal? You can't see the forest for the trees. Your focus is on the fetus only not about the safety of women who would otherwise abort illegally.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326572 Sep 18, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>You speak no truth. You speak hatred and intolerance. The only pregnancy I've had was a live birth and that is because I chose it. I let no one pressure me either way. If the world were only occupied by people like you, I may have chosen differently. Consider that.
Aren't YOU just the Saint for choosing not to kill your child.

You deserve a gold star.

Let's hope you never reproduce again or that child might be snuffed out by you (depending on whether or not you want to act noble).

Location hidden

#326573 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion kills the womans developing child. Safe? Yeah okay bozo.
That's not an answer. An illegal abortion does the same thing. SMH and you call me bozo. What is your objection to keeping abortion legal now that you know an illegal abortion kills the developing child also?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326574 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be specific about why I wouldn't want anyone to kill me, or my family, or you: we're all people, who experience life, having feelings and thoughts, and can suffer.

None of these things are true of an embryo or a fetus until at least 22-24 weeks. So yes, please be SPECIFIC about why killing an embryo or early fetus is wrong in a way that killing a sperm or other living human cell is not.

Location hidden

#326575 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't YOU just the Saint for choosing not to kill your child.
You deserve a gold star.
Let's hope you never reproduce again or that child might be snuffed out by you (depending on whether or not you want to act noble).
I'm as capable of choosing an abortion as you are or would have been.

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#326576 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
If the selfish only shared their food, ya know?
Hey, I say to kill the starving to prevent their inevitable starvation suffdring, aye Aged?@@
Volunteered at your local soup kitchen lately? That would be about a 20 minute drive for you - unless you decide to hoof it - which I find extremely unlikely Mrs. Kravitz.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326577 Sep 18, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Volunteered at your local soup kitchen lately? That would be about a 20 minute drive for you - unless you decide to hoof it - which I find extremely unlikely Mrs. Kravitz.
So you are going to avoid my suggestion? Why Aged? You think that you are legit and compassionate about those who are going to suffer by not being wanted...so you advocate killing as the solution via abortion, then why not mercy kill those born who will ultimately die of starvation.

I know I know. You support whatever eases your conscience. Kinda like how you advocate abortion as choice PRIOR to viability but are anti-abortion after. To hell with the womans wants or needs as far as YOU'RE concerned.

You people don't know if you're coming or going.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326578 Sep 18, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be specific about why I wouldn't want anyone to kill me, or my family, or you: we're all people, who experience life, having feelings and thoughts, and can suffer.
None of these things are true of an embryo or a fetus until at least 22-24 weeks. So yes, please be SPECIFIC about why killing an embryo or early fetus is wrong in a way that killing a sperm or other living human cell is not.
How ridiculous that you would need to explain WHY you wouldn't want anyone to deliberately kill you or your family.
Oh nooooo...did you just suggest that a fetus at 22-24 weeks "experinece life, having feelings and thoughts and can suffer"??? You better hide from your proaborts friends here. They are gonna tell you that you are crazy
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326579 Sep 18, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>It is a natural human inclination to seek pleasure whether it be sexual pleasure or otherwise. You can't expect humans not to want to have sex with a partner if you're "in sync" with nature. Nature actually provides natural abortifacients. Still want to be associate yourself with the earth?
Wood comes from a tree. Nature. A man bashes your skull with a 2x4. You die. Nature.

@@

Please keep posting more stupidity. I beg you.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326580 Sep 18, 2014
Pearl Jam wrote:
<quoted text>"If they arr married and can't afford children, then don't have sex when fertile". "NO SEX=NO PREGNANCY".
<quoted text>Yes you suggested no sex when fertile. The only other time to have sex is when you are infertile or not at all. It's not your concern if a married couple has sex at any time.
<quoted text>Here you are suggesting the calendar method works. It is not a recommended form of birth control.
Sex is the number one cause of pregnancy when you are fertile. Are you surprised by that news?

Educate yourself. Empower yourself.

Here is what is pathetic; you people use artificial birth control and have many forms yet, you STILL can't manage to get it right hence, all the millions of abortions every year. You people need to accept the fact that sex may lead to the conception of your child. Can't handle that? Then don't have sex when fertile.

Imagine THAT pearl jam?

God forbids sex outside of marriage for a reason. Pretty easy to see why.

Location hidden

#326581 Sep 18, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Wood comes from a tree. Nature. A man bashes your skull with a 2x4. You die. Nature.
@@
Please keep posting more stupidity. I beg you.
LOL murder is not a natural death stupid.
pio

New York, NY

#326582 Sep 18, 2014
Wah

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min THE LONE WORKER 1,251,707
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min OzRitz 53,988
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Julia 20,063
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 hr TRD 70,145
Electric heat Cromwell hills (Jul '14) Fri Mslmike 2
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) Thu AnthonyI15 44
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Jun 29 tom wingo 48
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages