Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,656
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326072 Jul 29, 2014
They aren't crying victim; they're alleviating an unwanted medical condition. Doesn't matter if they used BC or not--and it sure as hell isn't any of your business.

"Keeping women down"--the new fundiespeak for "women's autonomy."
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
We have MILLIONS of abortions(and that is not including miscarriages) from women using birth control. The rest COULD be and don't.
Now,personally I am against artificial birth control,but I know how to abstain when I needed to for the purpose of avoiding pregnancy. That,my dear,is not being naive,that is being smart and realistic.
I doubt women are having sex 24/7/365 days a year so they CAN abstain when fertile and hump away like freakin rabbits the rest of the month. They won't die last time I checked.
Nah,they will risk it and then cry victim of their own stupidity meanwhile the abortion companies make a fortune off keeping women down. Come ON women,wake up,use your brains.

Indianapolis

#326073 Jul 29, 2014
The litmus test on being pro- or anti-choice really isn't about personal philosophy; many PC'ers would never have an abortion. The real t est is whether you believe the law should keep women from aborting electively. I personally believe only the pregnant woman can decide if the risks outweigh the result, certainly not some bureaucrat who will never face the choice.
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, you can think what you want about me. Your opinion of me doesn't really matter (but I will take out the time, and give you a response)
After 14 or so weeks - max 16, that ship has sailed to get an elective abortion (that's my opinion) and after that, unless there is a medical concern regarding the pregnancy/woman, my opinion is too bad, maybe next time you can make the cut off date. So to answer your question, I support elective abortions until 14 weeks. There, there ya go. Run with that. Is it gray? Yup. Sorry.
If my opinion has you thinking I'm a coward, then I'm a coward. okay.
But seriously, out of most the people here, my opinion means squat. I can't do anything about your laws, I can't vote for anyone regarding this issue. You can change my opinion, and lets say you do... so what? The PC are already in power here, and they're Canada's best chance at changing the laws regarding abortion, but you know what? That's never gonna happen. Not in the near future anyways.... The Canadian Health Care pays for ALL abortions, regardless how long the woman has been pregnant (including LTA)
Talking both sides of the mouth? Sure, if that's what my opinion is, then again, okay.
And yup, I think they're a loony if aborting a baby in the 8th month just because, and they're okay with that... total loony. Just the same as I think a person trying to stand in the way of a woman getting an abortion or abortion pill is a loony when it's done shorty after they find out the news that they are pregnant.... total loony. So what?

Indianapolis

#326074 Jul 29, 2014
The list of drugs that could cause a miscarriage is quite long, but the ones HL dislike aren't among them. What they could do is prevent implantation, which means they prevent pregnancy, not terminate it. Millions of fertilized eggs get sloughed off every year just through normal menstruation.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> IUD's cause early abortions as do the birth control pill. Women STILL can conceive the offspring child while using birth control methods. These contraceptives will destroy the fertilized egg(aka new unique life of your child). Are you aware that even clomid(which is used to help a woman get pregnant)can cause abortions because it thins the lining of the uterus causing miscarriage?
Do some research. To be honest with you,I am shocked at the ignorance displayed on these forums by such grown women. Educate yourselves ladies. Sheesh.

Indianapolis

#326075 Jul 29, 2014
About 75% of all fertilized eggs never implant. That makes your god the ultimate abortionist by your standards.

In reality, pregnancy begins only after successful implantation; an egg that fails to implant (regardless of cause) is not aborted or miscarried by definition.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> At conception,a NEW,UNIQUE human life is created. The fertilized egg(which is your biological child/offspring)will travel towards the womb to receive nourishment. It will then travel towards the birth canal where it will exit. Once born,it will seek nourishment once again from your breasts.
In other words,location *OF* that human doesn't make them unhuman. That human might even implant on the fallopian tubes. The woman is pregnant. We find out early on(earlier than EVER before)that we are pregnant due to our hormonal change.
Abortion ends the life of the fertilized egg regardless of its location whether that abortion is spontanous or induced.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#326076 Jul 29, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
About 75% of all fertilized eggs never implant. That makes your god the ultimate abortionist by your standards.
In reality, pregnancy begins only after successful implantation; an egg that fails to implant (regardless of cause) is not aborted or miscarried by definition.
<quoted text>
He is your God too, after all he created you.

Indianapolis

#326077 Jul 29, 2014
So nobody told you how babies are made?
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
He is your God too, after all he created you.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#326078 Jul 29, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
So nobody told you how babies are made?
<quoted text>
God is the creator of all things in Heaven and on Earth.

You choose to either accept of reject the sacrifice of his Son Jesus Christ or reject the gift.

The choice is yours.

Indianapolis

#326079 Jul 29, 2014
I choose to grip reality instead of wallowing in superstition and folklore.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
God is the creator of all things in Heaven and on Earth.
You choose to either accept of reject the sacrifice of his Son Jesus Christ or reject the gift.
The choice is yours.

“That rug tied the room”

Since: Aug 09

together--did it not...?

#326080 Jul 29, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I choose to grip reality instead of wallowing in superstition and folklore.
<quoted text>
Evening "Pete,"
Odd how "Reality" has a different meaning for folks who don't hold the same system of beliefs isn't it?
Honestly, I'm not quite sure what to make of "Seven-Tee."
Initially, I'd thought that thought that this was yet another manifestation of our good old "Knit," but this one writes more concisely, and doesn't get as angry with everyone who doesn't happen to subscribe to her beliefs as "Knit" did.
That said, she shows all the arrogance that was "Knit's" trademark.
I suppose only time will tell, while I'll confess, in the meantime, I'm none-too-fond thus-far...

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#326081 Jul 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
False. None of the drugs at issue in the Hobby Lobby case were abortifacients. Hobby Lobby held the false belief that they were, but they were not.
The SCOTUS ruled that it doesn't even matter if the belief is false; it's still protected. No, we had massive amounts of people uninsured, under-insured, or unable to be insured.
What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:

Plan B (“The Morning After Pill”)
Ella (a similar type of “emergency contraception”)
Copper Intra-Uterine Device
IUD with progestin

Rather than simply prevent sperm and ova from uniting, Hobby Lobby’s owners believe that these medications either kill human beings when they are fertilized eggs or prevent them from implanting themselves in utero, whereupon they die.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381637/h...

Hobby Lobby's owners believe life begins at conception. They provide baby showers for pregnant employees, not abortions.

Encouraging women to murder their own children is wrong. Obamacare is bad law; delay, defund and repeal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326083 Jul 30, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:
They can fear that Tylenol is an abortifacient if they want to: they're wrong. None of those 4 drugs causes an abortion.
Brian_G wrote:
Rather than simply prevent sperm and ova from uniting, Hobby Lobby’s owners believe that these medications either kill human beings when they are fertilized eggs or prevent them from implanting themselves in utero, whereupon they die.
2 of the 4 medications are known NOT to affect implantation (Plan B and Ella). The other 2 theoretically might, but there is no positive evidence that they do.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326084 Jul 30, 2014
Mychihuahuawillbite wrote:
<quoted text>The whole Hobby Lobby thing was about freedom of religion, like it or not it is. And no it doesn't mean if you think blood pressure cuffs or what cause abortions, would make you exempt. Hobby Lobby owners do not believe in abortions neither do other religious institutions . They shouldn't have to or be forced to pay for abortions if it goes against their religion.
" They shouldn't have to or be forced to pay for abortions if it goes against their religion. "

Why should they have to pay for any healthcare, "if it goes against their religion"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326085 Jul 30, 2014
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
A baby is born whn it is suppose to b born.
It is His will.
There ya go! So....what's your problem with abortion, again? According to your stated belief above -- "It is His will."
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326086 Jul 30, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Having sex while ovulating will possibly lead to pregnancy. Fact of life.
Don't want to conceive your offspring/child,then don't have sex while fertile. If you have sex anyway,then a possible conception might take place which means you HAVE your existing,developing child located inside of you beginning at point a,that will travel to point b,and eventually to point c.......where that child will continue to use your body(breast feeding)for survival while they continue to develop and mature throughout their many stages of life.
Check it!
Done!
Nice try at changing the subject regarding your comparison of pedophiles to women who have terminated pregnancies.

You wrote: "My comment wasn't regarding two consenting adults having sex,it was regarding your statement that the pedophile gets off while terrorising his victim and that women who go through abortion don't get off."

You said they are equally "evil". Yet, you say you have friends who have had abortions. Would you let them babysit your kids? Do you have pedophile friends, too? Would you let them babysit your kids?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#326087 Jul 31, 2014
Vice Presient Joe Biden sponsored the Religous Freedom Restoration Act back when he was in the Senate. Even the US Supreme Court obeys law; now I wish Obama would learn to respect law.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326088 Jul 31, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What Hobby Lobby will not cover are four contraceptive methods that its owners fear are abortifacients:
Plan B (“The Morning After Pill”)
Ella (a similar type of “emergency contraception”)
Copper Intra-Uterine Device
IUD with progestin
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381637/h...
Hobby Lobby's owners believe life begins at conception. They provide baby showers for pregnant employees, not abortions.
Encouraging women to murder their own children is wrong. Obamacare is bad law; delay, defund and repeal.
Here's a solution: We do single payer for women only, including all reproductive care choices. Women can go to the doc whenever they need to, and you, their employers, an insurance company will all be completely out of it. Religion wouldn't be an issue for anybody.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#326089 Jul 31, 2014
Joe Biden made it an issue by sponsoring the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#326090 Aug 1, 2014
Brian_G wrote:
Joe Biden made it an issue by sponsoring the Religious Freedom Restoration Act.
Shouldn't everyone have religious freedom? Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have? Apparently it is. Problem is, the employer's right to practice his/her religion trumps the employee's right to same, per the Supreme Court. The only targeted group for this religious discrimination in health care is this group called "women". These women must have equal religious freedom or, to hell with it -- our Constitution is meaningless. The solution I suggest is single payer for women only (men are not being targeted). This would ensure religious freedom for every woman in the nation, as well as these crackpot religious nuts like the Hobby Lobby owners. Everybody wins.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#326091 Aug 1, 2014
The employer's right to practice his/her religion doesn't trump the employee's right, the employees can still buy those four forms of abortifacients. Single payer would force all taxpayers to pay for abortifacients.

Joe Biden wrote the Religious Freedom Restoration Act when he was in the Sentate, blame him for the "crackpot religious nuts", he gave them legal protections.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

#326092 Aug 2, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
They aren't crying victim; they're alleviating an unwanted medical condition. Doesn't matter if they used BC or not--and it sure as hell isn't any of your business.
"Keeping women down"--the new fundiespeak for "women's autonomy."
<quoted text>
The baby about to be murdered by his or her Mother is the victim

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,110,715
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min Pete Lake 19,216
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 46,689
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 68,493
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Eric 69,387
State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Wed Jaslin Martinez 41
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Tue Tippy Faulker 792
•••
•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield
•••