Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309851 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#326192 Aug 11, 2014
Your IUD or BC pill are far less likely to cause a miscarriage than a long list of other drugs that HL's insurance will pay for without question. Pretending that preventing conception leads to causing miscarriage is unsound thinking; they are two separate processes.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody said that "thinning the endometruium before implantation" is an abortion. What I said was that the pill can cause early abortions.
And YES,I agree that endometrium can be thinned by many other drugs. But knowing that your birth control pill or IUD can cause pregnancy and chance an early abortion DUE to it,is deliberate.

“Don't forget to”

Since: Sep 09

smile

#326193 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> I thought that you defend abortion? so you already defend women wishing their UNWANTED developing daughters dead (via abortion)?
Come on Aged..
If *I* am evil in your mind,then you are too.
You truly are evil. Period. Flat out. No question.

I would not "wish" a daughter of mine to die because of pregnancy complications. You, on the other hand, would want them both to die. Or barring that, the fetus to be born. What kind of mother are you?(Rhetorical)

Vile is what you are - JM. I should never have wasted my time with the likes of you. The more you post, the more clear it becomes. You had an opportunity to support "save both" and you declined. I'm ashamed of you.(no sarcasm)

Indianapolis

#326194 Aug 11, 2014
No more intolerant than HL's intolerance for their employees' beliefs.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Our free will choices aren't always Gods will.
You are clearly anti-God. Okay,I got that.
Are you still after all these years trying to impress or shock anyone with that? Such intolerance for others beliefs.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326195 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Few carriers pay for alternative medicine because it's bullcrap. They also don't pay for mainstream-medical tests and treatments until they are proven to be accurate and effective. Your employer has little to say about it. The employer should not have access to your medical records or your treatment plans.
<quoted text>
""""Few carriers pay for alternative medicine because it's bullcrap"""

YOUR opinion.

MY PREVENTIVE choices don't need your approval

""""" They also don't pay for mainstream-medical tests and treatments until they are proven to be accurate and effective""" ""

Again,YOUR opinion.

Indianapolis

#326196 Aug 11, 2014
Clearly, heaven needs to do better background checks if THESE mooks are getting in.
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter! It's not like that at all - it's a free will thing. Except Catholics don't like others having free will because that makes them co-conspirators. If a Catholic finds sin (after spending hours searching) in others, it's their duty to report to others immediately the sin they uncovered (gossip, likely malicious).
Frankly, I'm surprised you didn't know - it places the pious firmly inside the Pearly Gates without submitting to an extensive, exhaustive personal review.
:-)
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326197 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There cannot be ab abortion before there is a pregnancy. It is impossible. Moreover, most women have no idea if they are pregnant that early and aren't going to get tested after every bout of intercourse.
<quoted text>
Holy Cow! What is with you people not listening? The pill and IUD can cause abortions AFTER implantation or attempted implantation.

So YEAH,it IS possible.

Indianapolis

#326198 Aug 11, 2014
I don't call people "sluts" (except in jest) because it's just another negative buzzword. For some, a slut is someone who has sex outside of marriage; for others, it's someone with a very active and diverse sex life. Who cares? Other peoples' sex lives are none of my business unless I become part of them.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Sooo cute!
You are adorbs!
Now,can you answer the question ?

Indianapolis

#326199 Aug 11, 2014
Since you have no idea what you are talking about, your pretense that pro-choicers lie about abortion means nothing whatsoever., idiot.

Many clinics do set up in poor neighborhoods--because that's who needs their services most. It's not a racial thing, it's a socioeconomic thing. Women with means also go to these clinics, or to ones in "nicer" neighborhoods, but it's the women who can't afford to own a car or pay for cabs who need their presence.
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Anti-Life, Pro-Abortion Haters have been lying to Women about the long term damage physically and mentally from Abortion for decades. I have come to the conclusion that the Pro-Abortion crowd simply does not care about Women, they care about population control, politics and $$$$.
Groups like Planned Parenthood set up shop in poor and inner city neighborhoods to murder babies, particularly Black and Mexican babies because they are racist
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326200 Aug 11, 2014
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are evil. Period. Flat out. No question.
I would not "wish" a daughter of mine to die because of pregnancy complications. You, on the other hand, would want them both to die. Or barring that, the fetus to be born. What kind of mother are you?(Rhetorical)
Vile is what you are - JM. I should never have wasted my time with the likes of you. The more you post, the more clear it becomes. You had an opportunity to support "save both" and you declined. I'm ashamed of you.(no sarcasm)
:::yawn:::

The more I post,the more you become hysterical. You simply can't stand to see the truth presented to you. YOU support a woman killing her daughter in the womb if she is not wanted.

Again,and if you choose to misquote me,go right ahead.If it makes you ease your conscience,then go for it girl!!

Do yourself a favor and stop posting on forums where you can't handle the topic that you support. find one where people will tell you how wonderful you are.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326201 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
Your opinion. I don't share that view. I can,however,debate without it as well and come up with the same conclusion.
Give an example of your above assertion that Christians are "predominately preyed upon" and by "pro=lifer deception'.
Explain please. TIA
Pro-life groups are often dishonest in their portrayal of abortion, including portraying partial-birth abortions as representative of abortions at all stages of development, lying about fetal pain, and inflating health risks due to abortion.

Indianapolis

#326202 Aug 11, 2014
"Birth control" refers to every method, from the catholic gamble to the pill to condoms, etc. If you take the pill and it's ineffective, it's not going to suddenly cause a miscarriage. Condoms break and, more often, aren't used properly. So that 50% covers a lot of scenarios.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>"""So whether or not a person gets pregnant with an IUD or while taking the pill, which happens very seldom""""
Seldom? um,...according to a proabortion poll,over 50% of women aborting claimed to have been using some birth control. Seldom? yeah,no!
:"""" "So, now are you suggesting that all forms of miscarriages should be thoroughly investigated to determine why """""
You're not related to STO,are you? He,like you,likes to pin all kinds of silly assumptions on me.
""""" "" the issue is that you want to control everything.
Get a hobby and leave people alone'"""" "
I want you to leave people alone. Developing humans in the womb who are discriminated against due to their size,and location. Stop controlling others lives. Controlling the vulnerable by killing them via abortion.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#326203 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR opinion.
That alternative medicine is ineffective is not an opinion; it is a fact. If alternative medicine worked, it would be known as "medicine".

Indianapolis

#326204 Aug 11, 2014
I know the PLM language=raping is a sacrament to you people, but an abortion is either elective or therapetic--intentional, through direct medical intervention, or spontaneous--termination of pregnancy due to indirect causes or causes unknown . Unless a woman uses BC to intentionally terminate her pregnancy, it's still a miscarriage (spontaneous.)
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh,and we are not talking about miscarriages here. We are talking about abortion which is a deliberate act(paid for) OR due to taking a pill or using a device that may cause one.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326205 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't call people "sluts" (except in jest) because it's just another negative buzzword. For some, a slut is someone who has sex outside of marriage; for others, it's someone with a very active and diverse sex life. Who cares? Other peoples' sex lives are none of my business unless I become part of them.
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you if you thought it was your business. Some freak out when someone mentions the word slut when i am SURE that they have viewed others as sluts or even called them such. It is a term used for someone who has multiple sex partners. Like it or not,they get pregnant and spread diseases and tend to use each other for sex.

And I mean men as well,not just women. NO self-control.

I am not judging anyone. Sadly,there are many who seek love or attention at any cost even if it means using others,getting pregnant or STDS's. UNFORTUNATELY,the poor girl finds herself in deep sh*t physically and emotionally from it, and if she gets pregnant,her unborn baby will die if the proaborts get to her.

Come visit a CPC to see it for yourself from many of them. Especially when they get pregnant again and again and have STDs. Where are the men who impregnanted them? GONE after they used her.

Where are the proaborts now?
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326206 Aug 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
That alternative medicine is ineffective is not an opinion; it is a fact. If alternative medicine worked, it would be known as "medicine".
LOL whatever you say. We'll debate that on another forum okay? In the meantime,find out how the pharmacudical(sp) companies can't make money off of not using drugs.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326207 Aug 11, 2014
or off of healthy people.

Indianapolis

#326208 Aug 11, 2014
No, that's industry STANDARDS. Blue Cross isn't paying to have your chakras realigned or for your homeopathic concoctions because there is no clinical evidence they work. There are new technologies with promising results that carriers won't pay for either because the evidence isn't conclusive.

This is not debatable; this is how health insurance works. That's not to say some carriers might not agree to private policy with such things, but the terms will be stringent and you will pay an enormously high premiums for it.

What you do with your own money is your problem, so suck down that Lourdes water and pray for a miracle.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR opinion.
""""" They also don't pay for mainstream-medical tests and treatments until they are proven to be accurate and effective""" ""
Again,YOUR opinion.

Indianapolis

#326209 Aug 11, 2014
No, "attempted implantation" is in no way a pregnancy; no pregnancy, no abortion. There's also scant evidence that either CAUSE a lack of implantation.
Sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy Cow! What is with you people not listening? The pill and IUD can cause abortions AFTER implantation or attempted implantation.
So YEAH,it IS possible.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#326210 Aug 11, 2014
Sassyjm wrote:
""""" Is it for employer's to decide what health care an employee should and should not have?"""" "
No, the Supreme Court found employees may still select any of the four abortion inducing medications or devices their employers don't want to pay for, at the employee's expense.

Sassyjm wrote:
Welcome to the 21st century where employers DO decide what health care an employee should or shouldn't have.
Thanks to Obamacare and Vice President Biden's Religious Freedom Restoration Act, he sponsored way back in 1990. The Democrats used to favor religious freedom.

Sassyjm wrote:
Like I've said,we pay over a thousand dollars a month for our insurance and it doesn't pay for MY choice of preventive and alternative health care because they don't agree with it. We have to pay out of our pockets.
Wait a second, do you work for Hobby Lobby too?

Sassyjm wrote:
Boo freakin hoo for me? I tried that already lol and . I kick and scream and nobody like you cares.
Try reading your policy.
Sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#326211 Aug 11, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I know the PLM language=raping is a sacrament to you people, but an abortion is either elective or therapetic--intentional, through direct medical intervention, or spontaneous--termination of pregnancy due to indirect causes or causes unknown . Unless a woman uses BC to intentionally terminate her pregnancy, it's still a miscarriage (spontaneous.)
<quoted text>
""""" Unless a woman uses BC to intentionally terminate her pregnancy, it's still a miscarriage (spontaneous)"" ""

A miscarriage is natural. Taking a pill or using an device that you know can possibly terminate your developing childs life early on, is not natural.

I know someone who was taking medicine to help her conceive or carry a child..it is called clondine something or other (lol i have brain freeze right now and can't think)? and she found out that it actually can cause a miscarriage IF she actually got pregnant and so she stopped

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) 21 min usherhollens 17
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Chicagoan by Birth 1,232,026
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr TOASTER 19,919
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 53,453
News Conn. Gay Couple Accused of Molesting Adopted Sons (Dec '11) 12 hr George 592
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 hr TRD 70,012
News Strangers Come To Hartford Student's Aid (Mar '09) Thu didusayhome 120
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]