Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315160 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#323933 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Many were changed in the actual courtroom.
Prove. It. Where are the links to those people who changed their minds.....

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323934 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet and it is time.
Minds are changing already. Be afraid, be very afraid.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/...
LOL. Hilarious:

Scroll down. Since 1975 there has not been a gain AT ALL in people who want abortion illegal or who want it legal in "certain circumstances". It has ALWAYS been the same. ALWAYS.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

In FACT my dear:

"The U.S. Supreme Court has said abortion is legal without restriction in about the first 24 weeks of pregnancy. Some states have passed laws reducing this to 20 weeks. If it has to be one or the other, would you rather have abortions legal without restriction up to 20 weeks, or up to 24 weeks?"

Up to 20 weeks 55%

Up to 24 weeks 34%
THAT equals 89% are OK with abortion up to 20 weeks.
http://www.pollingreport.com/abortion.htm

The above link is a compilation of all polls.

NONE of the polls on any of these cites supports your claims.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323935 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that every mother and father that see a sonogram of mom's uterus sees their child..
No actually about a million a year see a wad of cells they go on to abort, without regret and not one of them consults you or cares what you think.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323936 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is killing one's own baby and I see that you approve. Bully.
When you see ANYONE killing one's own baby dial 9-1-1 immediately. Baby killing is illegal and no one approves of such a thing.

Why do you lie like that??
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323937 Apr 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously think they all have the same reason, Moron?
I didn't ask for one reason. Just an opinion of why abortion which is so available hasn't prevented the unwanted children from being born.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#323938 Apr 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a "choice" it is a Child, a human being that deserves respect and has a right to live.
You are an animal
So are you....or are you trying to convince me you're a vegetable, or a mineral, instead?

You're getting close....I'm leaning toward 'vegetable' as a viable taxonomy in your case.

How about you reply to the posts I've addressed to you, fella.
Inky is perfectly capable of speaking for herself.

Next.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323939 Apr 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The point was that the poll still proved my point. The numbers are split.
If such a poll existed for today, you'd have posted it already. I suspect you've been searching desperately.
Your claim was that the Gosnell trial has made many people change their minds, and that the country was becoming more anti-choice. You have yet to prove either point.
Wait.....you DO realized that it has BEEN decades since the mid nineties, right?
Check out your own link. In 98', the split was PC 48 to AC 45. With a 3 point margin of error ( which is typical for polls, and exactly the difference between the two groups), and 7% unaccounted for. Since then, give or take a few percentage points either way, it's been a steady split.
You have only proven that YOU can't read a poll, and that I was right in what I said originally. The numbers have been evenly split for decades, and if there is a switching of sides, it goes both ways.
Damn, you're stupid.
That isn't what it said.

Gallup’s most recent polling on the issue, taken this spring, indicates that more Americans actually regard themselves as “pro-life” than “pro-choice.” According to the poll, 48 percent of Americans say they are “pro-life,” while 45 percent say they are “pro-choice.” What’s more, opposition to abortion is rather plainly on the rise, as those numbers were effectively flipped ten years ago — and as, in the mid-1990s, the number of people who considered themselves “pro-choice” outpaced the number who considered themselves “pro-life” by about 20 percentage points
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323940 Apr 20, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
When you see ANYONE killing one's own baby dial 9-1-1 immediately. Baby killing is illegal and no one approves of such a thing.
Why do you lie like that??
Unborn baby killing is legal so there is no point in calling 911. Remember RvW?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#323941 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask for one reason. Just an opinion of why abortion which is so available hasn't prevented the unwanted children from being born.
It has prevented unwanted pregnancies from continuing. Some wanted pregnancies as well, that were dangerous to the woman involved.

Since no one is trying to claim that it will prevent ALL unwanted children, as NAP explained to you, again, very carefully, what is your point?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323942 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are people still having children that they don't want? Abortion is legal.
Contraceptive failure.
Laziness.
Poverty....of spirit and wallet both.

And of course, as a result of all those mealy-mouthed religious nuts at CPC's, convincing the weak-willed to gestate, against what they had previously decided was in their best interests.

Kudos - she had the baby you insisted she bear, and then she put it in the microwave.
That's okay though - at least she didn't abort it BEFORE it was born....

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323943 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a stupid remark. Who would approve of irresponsible parents having children but they do even with easy access to abortion. So abortion isn't lowering the number of children neglected and abused. You are touting a solution that doesn't work.
What is stupid is your interpretation of comments.

Abortion is NOT a solution to child abuse, ya boob. It is a solution to not becoming a parent when you do not want to. Parents neglect and abuse their children the DO want, like you just pointed out. They neglect and abuse the ones they DON'T want, too.

So you DO approve of irresponsible people having children they do not want because YOU would force them all to birth wanted child or not.

Who tf do you think you are kidding??
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323944 Apr 20, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. That is a really nice fairy tale. Your entire position on this topic is a fairy tale as is your religious belief. Just like your claim that it was always a single woman's boyfriend committing child abuse.
SO it looks to me that YOU are the one who is afraid to face truth of ANY kind and simply lies and imagines in order to be able to deny facts, reality and real life. Yeah, its scary and you are weak, but you don't get to live a lie and cast that disability on to others. Sorry.
Oh and the people in Jesus time said the same thing about "god" as "Jesus" was asking them to cast the first stone and “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites in Scripture:
‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 Their worship of me is pointless,
because their teachings are rules made by humans.’
Good luck with that.
There are a lot of disjointed thoughts here. Your choice of scripture is interesting.

"because their teachings are rules made by humans" Exactly what secularists live by.

People of faith know better.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323945 Apr 20, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Contraceptive failure.
Laziness.
Poverty....of spirit and wallet both.
And of course, as a result of all those mealy-mouthed religious nuts at CPC's, convincing the weak-willed to gestate, against what they had previously decided was in their best interests.
Kudos - she had the baby you insisted she bear, and then she put it in the microwave.
That's okay though - at least she didn't abort it BEFORE it was born....
Abortion is supposed to be the answer to all those problems, like contraceptive failure, laziness and poverty.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#323946 Apr 20, 2014
ChickBrilliance wrote:
<quoted text>
What is stupid is your interpretation of comments.
Abortion is NOT a solution to child abuse, ya boob. It is a solution to not becoming a parent when you do not want to. Parents neglect and abuse their children the DO want, like you just pointed out. They neglect and abuse the ones they DON'T want, too.
So you DO approve of irresponsible people having children they do not want because YOU would force them all to birth wanted child or not.
Who tf do you think you are kidding??
"Abortion is NOT a solution to child abuse, ya boob. It is a solution to not becoming a parent when you do not want to."

When will the solution start working? According to you, women are still having children that they don't want and then they abuse them.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323947 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can say that there are no children in the womb if that makes it more comfortable for you. I can see why it would be difficult for you to admit that expectant mom's are awaiting the birth of their child who already exists and is real.
No I don't remember saying that the single woman's boyfriend ALWAYS abuses the children because I didn't say that. If you want me to provide the statistics on abused children again, I will.
Yeah, you do that. Lets see those statistics again. LOL.

You can claim there is a child in the womb if it makes it more comfortable for you. I can see why it would be difficult for you to admit that you want to force women to do what YOU want, against their own will, over a wad of cells, rather than a "child who already exists and is real". I mean if your are going to be a forceful bully and remove a woman's own will and rights and force her to comply with YOUR self righteous will, you have to pretend it is for a "real" reason and not just some fake fairy tale based myth not supported by medical science. Right, Bully??

Lakewood, WA

#323948 Apr 20, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The stats in that article didn't even prove your claims.
As I said, the country is still split. If people are changing their views, it's going both ways, whether you want to admit it or not.
I agree, Bit. The article Ink cited was authored by a person who works for the Family Resarch Council - a Christian organization.

What I found interesting that finally answered my long-held question about what happened at the state level was the fact four people resigned from the Department of Health and 17 were fired. I'd always thought the major flaw belonged with the Department of Health's lack of follow through on those many complaints provided throughout the years.

And I tend to agree with NAP. The more restrictive some states make early termination, the more Gosnell-type clinics will open up underground.

Ink and those like her are basically just shooting themselves in the foot.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323949 Apr 20, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a "choice" it is a Child, a human being that deserves respect and has a right to live.
I am an animal
LOL. You are right. You are an animal.

No fetus has a right to anything.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#323950 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what it said.
Yes it was - 48% against SOME abortions, and 45% against no abortions. 7% offered no opinion.

93% pro choice, at least in SOME CASES, and 7%'undecided'.

Try again?

Oh, and by the way, since you're not in church, why are you celebrating Jesus' resurrection on the abortion forums?

Aren't there snake pits full of vipers waiting for you to handle them, or some tongues that need speaking in, on this blessed Easter Sunday? Maybe a polygamous wedding, or a posthumous christening to attend?

Just checking...

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323951 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of disjointed thoughts here. Your choice of scripture is interesting.
"because their teachings are rules made by humans" Exactly what secularists live by.
People of faith know better.
Nice try, hypocrite, but this is about YOU the "christian" because your "teachings are rules made up by humans" which your jesus warns about.

I am not obligated to follow the fairy tale. YOU are. And you don't. YOU are not a person of faith. YOU are also a secularist. Welcome to the club!!

Your bible does NOT condemn abortion. The bible says life begins with breath. YOur bible says it is OK to rip open pregnant women and bash infants heads on stones. Your bible says not to judge. Your bible says you are no better than ANYONE else and only those of you without sin can you throw stones. Your bible says NO ONE IS WITHOUT SIN.

So stfu with your self righteous bullsh!t.

“Troll Be Gone.”

Location hidden

#323952 Apr 20, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"Abortion is NOT a solution to child abuse, ya boob. It is a solution to not becoming a parent when you do not want to."
When will the solution start working? According to you, women are still having children that they don't want and then they abuse them.
Again, not what I said ya friggin liar. Where did I say that St.Ink??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min BlueFlag 1,563,219
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) 9 hr jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Tue Gavone 11
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Jul 17 Standing up to DCF 86
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 17 observer 20,964
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) Jul 13 LaLa Land 9

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages