Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 315228 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322921 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If all things are from God, what is a sin?
Leviticus 18 : 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
The chapter goes on to say,“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall keep my statutes.
You shall not eat of all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.
You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit.
When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them."
You wouldn't be cherry-picking the Bible again, would you?
No.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322922 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> That you feel your beliefs need defending says a lot, don't you think? If your beliefs are the be all and end all of belief systems, what's to defend?
<quoted text> Oh
the
freakin'
irony.
You want to decide for everyone what we should believe, and how we should live, and who we should shag, and what should appall us.
Pfft.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't know, since I have many beliefs which have nothing to with anyone else's personal behavior. My preference is for keeping my beliefs to myself.
<quoted text>Yes. Since my personal beliefs apply IN PRACTICE only to me, however, what would be the point of discussing them with you?
Then don't ask or criticize.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322923 Mar 13, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Same sex couples can exist alongside opposite sex couples. Welcome to reality. Keep perpetuating your bias.
Who said that they can't?
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322924 Mar 13, 2014
ATE ABBY wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
D&C AND CATHETER Procedures and Original Cytotec
Available HERE! Text Ms.Abby (09104848085)
All for MEET UP TRANSACTION!!
"SAFE LOCATION NOT IN AN UNLAWFUL RESIDENT AREA"
"ALL PAINLESS PROCEDURES"
"WELL STERILIZED MEDICAL EQUIPMENT"
"CLEAN ROOM FACILITIES"
1-2 MONTHS "DILATION CURETTAGE PROCEDURE"
3 MONTHS ABOVE "CATHETER PROCEDURE"
(PAINLESS PROCEDURES)
"REASONABLE PRICE"
JUST CONTACT "Ms.Abby"
THANK YOU..2888
Opposition to Roe v Wade is to promote the good old American free enterprise system. What is Ron Paul's position on abortion?
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322925 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. Peroid. No matter how many times you attribute words and meanings to me, I will repeat my actual comments.
I refrenced marriage between a man and a woman as the only way to reproduce and to the ancients in all cultures, reproduction was most important to their survival. That is not in dispute by anyone. It is a fact. I never even mentioned God. I was talking about biology.
This was not a Biblical discussion.
Do you really think the ancients indulged in sex because they knew it was the only way their society to survive?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#322927 Mar 13, 2014
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. The "most" in "all or most" means people want exceptions based on their own personal criteria.
"All" is self explanatory. However when people say "most" they are clearly including first trimester elective abortions that RvW permits since it is during this time that the overwhelming majority of abortions take place. Someone who supports abortion only in cases of maternal or fetal health or life risk could not say "most" as only a small percentage of abortions are done for that reason.

Pick and choose who has a "good enough" reason.
Right. And it's always laughable when posters like Katie, who agree with RvW and support the post viability restrictions that RvW allows, try to claim that they aren't supporting the right to infringe on a woman's personal autonomy.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#322928 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If all things are from God, what is a sin?
Leviticus 18 : 22 “‘Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable."
The chapter goes on to say,“When you reap the harvest of your land, you shall not reap your field right up to its edge, neither shall you gather the gleanings after your harvest. You shall keep my statutes.
You shall not eat of all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.
You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
When you enter the land and plant any kind of fruit tree, regard its fruit as forbidden.For three years you are to consider it forbidden; it must not be eaten. In the fourth year all its fruit will be holy, an offering of praise to the Lord. But in the fifth year you may eat its fruit.
When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them."
You wouldn't be cherry-picking the Bible again, would you?
I forgot, what is it again...4 days is the limit you would oxygenate a "corpse" ( against their expressed wishes) to help facilitate the survival of another ?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322929 Mar 13, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think the ancients indulged in sex because they knew it was the only way their society to survive?
No, I think they had children for that reason.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322930 Mar 13, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
"All" is self explanatory. However when people say "most" they are clearly including first trimester elective abortions that RvW permits since it is during this time that the overwhelming majority of abortions take place. Someone who supports abortion only in cases of maternal or fetal health or life risk could not say "most" as only a small percentage of abortions are done for that reason.
<quoted text>omy.
What would they say if they only supported abortion in the case of "fetal health or life risk"?
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322933 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First it is common sense. There is so much information out there for you to access. Some strains of early man did die out and the population of Europe was wiped out by half due to the plague.
I said that there were no same sex marriages before this century. I didn't say same sex couples.
So no.... You can not provide evidence to back up your claim. Referring to common sense and the plague does not magically link your "with good reason" claim against same sex marriage now or then. you've got nothing but your opinion.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322934 Mar 13, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very sorry you feel that's an expression of anger. Would you feel better if I changed my head line to read Judaism Rocks?
That would be nice . At least it would be positive.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322935 Mar 13, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would marriage between a man and a woman be the only way to reproduce, let alone the most important matter for the survival of the ancients in all cultures? What about IVF? What about non-married couples who have kids? What about gay couples who invoke the help of surrogate mothers?
Do you think reproduction was the most important matter in Christopher Columbus' mind; or would you consider that getting a little booty from Queen Isabel was much more important to a man who spent months at sea with only his hand to love????
IVF in ancient Greece or Rome?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322936 Mar 13, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So no.... You can not provide evidence to back up your claim. Referring to common sense and the plague does not magically link your "with good reason" claim against same sex marriage now or then. you've got nothing but your opinion.
Feces, I give up. You obviously have a huge block of wood between your ears.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#322937 Mar 13, 2014
Still a bunch of poor stupid people in search of a life. Shame on the whole lot of you.

Spewers of hate. Puppets of satan.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322938 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't. Peroid. No matter how many times you attribute words and meanings to me, I will repeat my actual comments.
I refrenced marriage between a man and a woman as the only way to reproduce and to the ancients in all cultures, reproduction was most important to their survival. That is not in dispute by anyone. It is a fact. I never even mentioned God. I was talking about biology.
This was not a Biblical discussion.
This discussion didn't take place in the Bible, I'll grant you that....

You're the one who brought the 'ancients' into it in the first place, dink. And you STILL want the ancient (and Biblical) prohibition against homosexuality, to prevail today.

You're a liar, plain and simple.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322939 Mar 13, 2014
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot, what is it again...4 days is the limit you would oxygenate a "corpse" ( against their expressed wishes) to help facilitate the survival of another ?
I wouldn't do it AT ALL if it were against their living wishes.

In my son's case, it WAS his living wish that he be an organ donor.

Try again?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322940 Mar 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then don't ask or criticize.
And leave you free to criticize other women's choices, whilst I sit down and shut up?

Just take what you have to say as gospel, even though your Gospel disagrees with you?

I think not.

Next....
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322941 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>This discussion didn't take place in the Bible, I'll grant you that....
You're the one who brought the 'ancients' into it in the first place, dink. And you STILL want the ancient (and Biblical) prohibition against homosexuality, to prevail today.
You're a liar, plain and simple.
I think it was Bitner that said gay marriage has been around forever. It hasn't. It's new.
Jorja Fox

Staunton, VA

#322942 Mar 13, 2014
http://www.newsmax.com/US/Texas-abortion-laws...

Pregnant student Lenzi Sheible has created a travel fund for women in Texas who want abortions in a move to counteract the state’s tough new anti-abortion laws.

"I can't walk around and do this job without keeping in mind that every person's body has its own right, and for me, being pregnant is a choice."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-abortion-la...

NEW ORLEANS -- A federal appeals court heard arguments Monday on whether the state of Texas can enforce a law that led to the closing of several abortion clinics, a case that ultimately appears bound for the U.S. Supreme Court.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322943 Mar 13, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And leave you free to criticize other women's choices, whilst I sit down and shut up?
Just take what you have to say as gospel, even though your Gospel disagrees with you?
I think not.
Next....
I haven't criticized any woman who has had an abortion. It isn't my business. That said, I believe that choosing an abortion and killing your own child is morally wrong. I know that you and others find it perfectly acceptable. You don't understand my thinking and I don't understand your's. We will have to leave it at that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Fitius T Bluster 1,564,712
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr is this real 20,967
News Connecticut governor visits woman taking sanctu... 6 hr Claude H 2
News Over-65 & Working - Don't Let Disappointment Show 8 hr tears of a clown 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) 15 hr Norch 165
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Jul 20 jjbowler300 54
News What is Being Done About the Fentanyl Crisis in CT Jul 18 Gavone 11

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages