Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311484 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#322485 Feb 24, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Read ahead a couple of posts.
Whose is imposing Biblical Philosophy into the culture. It has always been there. The atheists want it out. But it isn't going anywhere.
One of your biggest misconceptions about atheists and religion, is that atheists want religion out of the culture altogether. That's totally bogus....atheists want religion out of the LAW. Freedom from religion doesn't mean religion goes away. It means that religion, and the adherence to religious tenets, is a personal choice, rather than a legal obligation.

But I'm fairly certain that is a deliberate misunderstanding on your part, so that you can advance the idea that 'persecution of the religious by the non-religious' is rampant in our society.

It's crap, but it's your story, and you're determined to stick to it.

Next...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322488 Feb 24, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The vast majority of abortions are done in the first trimester and are done by vacuuming out the fetus. It's also impossible to torture something that has no consciousness.
There's nothing weak in deciding to keep or terminate a pregnancy. Not all women want to be mothers, or don't want to become mothers at a specific time in their lives. Your judgment of them is irrelevant. BTW--many women who abort go on to have kids later, when the time is right.
<quoted text>
You cannot be sure that a embryo/fetus/baby/BillyBob cannot feel pain .. let alone be tortured !! I wouldn't want to take that chance of not only causing them pain but ending their life ..

It does not matter WHAT trimester it is .. abortion is ending a life !! That in iteself is wrong !!
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#322489 Feb 24, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be sure that a embryo/fetus/baby/BillyBob cannot feel pain .. let alone be tortured !! I wouldn't want to take that chance of not only causing them pain but ending their life ..
It does not matter WHAT trimester it is .. abortion is ending a life !! That in iteself is wrong !!
Your posts show your fear of death and your inabiliry to accept life on lifes terms more than anything. Life ends. Death is inevitable. Deal with it.
gidget goes to moronville

Chicago, IL

#322490 Feb 24, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
That is why I used the word likely, sass. Learn to read.
Nice try dumb ox but the use of "likely" hardly gets you off the hook. In fact your use of it indicates you have a pretty good idea what the content of their prayer was. So yes, it was YOU that raised the issue of prayer content.
You might want to try using a bellows to blow out some of that poop that's deposited between your ears.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322491 Feb 24, 2014
Pupskate wrote:
<quoted text>
So don't ever contemplate, seek, or obtain an abortion. No one is saying you should. No one is saying ANYONE 'should'.

Just that the option remain legal, in case of necessity....and the pregnant woman defines 'necessity' under her own circumstances...no one else gets to do that FOR her.

Not your pregnancy? Not your decision.
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322492 Feb 25, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
This is fascinating!!!! Where did you read this; the National Enquirer??? How about you tell us where was jesus between the approximate ages of 12 and 30????
In Luke 1:30 is says that the angel Gabriel told Mary she had found "favour with god." Is that incorrect?
When you say she "remained without knowledge of man[,]" are you saying Mary and Joseph didn't get their proverbial "grove" on???? Where jesus' siblings conceived of the "holy spirit" also?
What a joke!!!
1) I never said Mary remained a virgin after Jesus was born.
2) Gabriel brainwashed Mary to talk her out of abortion.
3) Had you been following this thread you would have known that I was joking.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322493 Feb 25, 2014
Hey grumpy,

How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322494 Feb 25, 2014
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeowch!
Seems I've gotten on your snarly side...
Okay, my post to you last week regarding your siding with "Sassafrass" and "NR," was a tad one-sided shall we say.
I still stand by it because you're forever complaining that those of us on the PC side allow things to "slide" when posters of our camp are rather obnoxious and most of us don't call them out for being so.
That said, I'm doing no more or less than what you seem to feel perfectly comfortable doing.
Why is it okay for you to take a "simple statement" and turn it into an argument, and if I happen to do the same--in your opinion--it's suddenly "wrong?"
If you're going to ask me precisely which "simple statement" you've turned into an argument, I'm quite sure that "Bitner," "Not a Playa," "Long Night Moon," "CPeter," and others can provide plenty of examples.
Christianity, however "inclusive" should not, does not, trump any or every other "faith."
I realize you believe it's the end-all, be-all, but you refuse to recognize that there are a whole host of people for whom it has little or no meaning.
My statement of fact concerned the very beginnings of the country and how the founders were influenced. That's all. I don't see an argument there as I can find hundreds of speeches and letters that attest to their faith.

Even today Obama will say that he is guided and influenced by his faith. Regardless of the lack of meaning for you, it is still meaningfull to millions and some are political leaders.

I would never say that Christianity trumps anything but for sure I would choose to live in a country where the leaders and lawmakers are believers in Christ. Just a personal opinion when I look around the world.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322495 Feb 25, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, here's a law that has stood for 41 years and the only way it has been "amended," so-to-speak, has been by the individual states legislatures that, like in Mississippi, has almost made it impossible for a doctor to perform an abortion. IOW, not by a legitimate grievance, but by the proverbial "sore loser" childish attitude conservatives are notorious for being.
<quoted text>
So, if they had lots of freedom to be kids; is it reasonable to believe they also had lots of choices, as kids? I thought you said kids should have no choices.
I can't keep up with you taking my words and trying to change them into something I did not say at all.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322496 Feb 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>One of your biggest misconceptions about atheists and religion, is that atheists want religion out of the culture altogether. That's totally bogus....atheists want religion out of the LAW. Freedom from religion doesn't mean religion goes away. It means that religion, and the adherence to religious tenets, is a personal choice, rather than a legal obligation.
But I'm fairly certain that is a deliberate misunderstanding on your part, so that you can advance the idea that 'persecution of the religious by the non-religious' is rampant in our society.
It's crap, but it's your story, and you're determined to stick to it.
Next...
Where does it say anywhere,"freedom from religion"?

Who or what law has ever forced you into a religion?
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322498 Feb 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
Hey grumpy,
Given that I am an angel (that's what everybody says)and I can't dance, I guess the answer is -0-.

“Beauty on four legs”

Since: Sep 06

Location hidden

#322499 Feb 25, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Given that I am an angel (that's what everybody says)and I can't dance, I guess the answer is -0-.
Aww, grumpy, you're the best! <hug>

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322500 Feb 25, 2014
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Given that I am an angel (that's what everybody says)and I can't dance, I guess the answer is -0-.
Good answer.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#322501 Feb 25, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious freedom is the freedom to believe as you choose, and to follow the tenets of a religion. That includes the freedom to not believe in any deity, and to not follow the tenets of any religion. I know you don't like that, but it is still the case.

Religious freedom is the right to practice your religion ON YOURSELF.
Religious freedom doesn't give you the right to practice religion on, or against, anyone else.

The new pending law in Arizona, will make it legal without question, for business owners to refuse to sell or provide services to gays and “others” on religious beliefs. In other words, if bigotry is part of the liturgy of your religion, you get to flout the law and violate the civil rights of the 9 million Americans who identify as gay, bisexual, transgender or “other.”

What if “religious conviction” keeps business owners from dealing with “others” such as women, blacks, ethnic minorities, the handicapped and mentally challenged? What about old people, blind people or people of another religion? Would that be OK?

What about civil service and medical jobs? Will your doctors, nurses, and first responders, be legally able to refuse to treat you if they don't agree with your religious beliefs, or the lack of them? Will firefighters be legally exempted from saving your house if they're Muslim, and you're not? How about teachers? Should your kid's math teacher be able to ignore him or her, and 'refuse to do business' with your kid, if he or she doesn't follow your kid's religion, and disagrees with any of its tenets? Or thinks your kid isn't following the tenets of his or her religion?

That's what I'm talking about, re: getting religion out of the law....but of course, you already knew that.
Ink

Chalfont, PA

#322502 Feb 25, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Religious freedom is the freedom to believe as you choose, and to follow the tenets of a religion. That includes the freedom to not believe in any deity, and to not follow the tenets of any religion. I know you don't like that, but it is still the case.
Religious freedom is the right to practice your religion ON YOURSELF.
Religious freedom doesn't give you the right to practice religion on, or against, anyone else.
The new pending law in Arizona, will make it legal without question, for business owners to refuse to sell or provide services to gays and “others” on religious beliefs. In other words, if bigotry is part of the liturgy of your religion, you get to flout the law and violate the civil rights of the 9 million Americans who identify as gay, bisexual, transgender or “other.”
What if “religious conviction” keeps business owners from dealing with “others” such as women, blacks, ethnic minorities, the handicapped and mentally challenged? What about old people, blind people or people of another religion? Would that be OK?
What about civil service and medical jobs? Will your doctors, nurses, and first responders, be legally able to refuse to treat you if they don't agree with your religious beliefs, or the lack of them? Will firefighters be legally exempted from saving your house if they're Muslim, and you're not? How about teachers? Should your kid's math teacher be able to ignore him or her, and 'refuse to do business' with your kid, if he or she doesn't follow your kid's religion, and disagrees with any of its tenets? Or thinks your kid isn't following the tenets of his or her religion?
That's what I'm talking about, re: getting religion out of the law....but of course, you already knew that.
You said freedom from religion. Again are you being forced to follow some religion? If not then you have freedom from religion.

Gov Brewer will veto the law.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322503 Feb 25, 2014
None. Angels got no rhythm.
not a playa1965 wrote:
Hey grumpy,

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#322504 Feb 25, 2014
You cannot have freedom OF religion without freedom FROM the religion of others.

Creating legislation based on faith is a de facto forcing of that faith on others.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
grumpy

Central Islip, NY

#322505 Feb 25, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
You cannot have freedom OF religion without freedom FROM the religion of others.
Creating legislation based on faith is a de facto forcing of that faith on others.
<quoted text>
If it's created by legislation it's de jure.
JBH

Richmond, Canada

#322510 Feb 25, 2014
Rioting protesters by doing violence in Ukraine are no democracy, as they have not gone through voting asked all the public and voters in the process.
BY raising all the extreme tearing violences, protesting rioters can only be very serious criminals, but not the democracy representation within the procedure.

US has promoted international disorder and acted wrongly , by promoting and backing the rioters as criminals.
Ukraine rioting is not the democracy by facts and truths.

Whether protesters like to join EU or any others, violent rioting can only be implement against in the judgment, for that is no way of doing to join EU or not.

Protesters are denied and rejected,while the Ukraine parliament as a result must be discredited, by taking advantage the situation instead of acting properly and accordingly within the procedure and system.

US and EU are also being denounced and denied of their acting wrongly with poor views that made the bad case Of Ukraine at the present time.

The democratic elected president of Ukraine has every right right to conduct decision stand by rejecting EU and joining Russia and that is still valid under democratic system and law of rights.

Global recognition of the rights of decision of the stand of Ukraine president by joining Russia and rejecting EU is valid at all time as the democratic elected degree of valid policy and operative views for Ukraine.

Protesting rioters have not been elected to make the decision whether to join EU or not, but they are just criminals to dismantle the democracy (violent rioting is not the democracy), which demonstrates US is out of order and of failure, from Obama making the protesting rioters to have done such large criminal vilolences in Ukraine.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#322511 Feb 25, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts show your fear of death and your inabiliry to accept life on lifes terms more than anything. Life ends. Death is inevitable. Deal with it.
I am not afraid of death at all .. No reason to be ..
I accept life just fine. What I do not accept is the taking of another life born or unborn ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Obama is a joke 1,403,003
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 70,820
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 72,036
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri JackArmStrong 20,383
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Fri litesong 60,655
PZC meeting on firearms store Jul 21 Dogmother 2
Elliot Zweig, MD - West Hartford CT Jul 20 Walter Dejanec 1

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages