Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321839 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know no such thing, you lying piece of shit.
He fought for baby Nicole's demise for two months and he won. We most certainly do know that. Airhead.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321840 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Listen, if younasked anyone if theynwanted to be kept alive by artificial means when declared brain-dead, I am sure most would say "hell no"without thinking about being pregnant at the time. A pregnant woman doesn't think of dying, they think of their preparation for their child.
Yes, a "matter of a few weeks". Like I said, it's not like she would be kept alive forever against her wishes. It was to give her child life which SHE chose.
No, it was not a "matter of a few weeks". She was only 14 weeks pregnant.

Her body being kept alive, even for one day, WAS against her stated wishes.

Prove that she had changed her mind, otherwise you're just projecting your own personal feelings onto her. And your personal feelings are meaningless unless it's you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321841 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey you are irrelevant and you have no feelings to share. An empty shell.
Ah, more lies.

And don't flirt with me. I'm a happily married heterosexual woman with absolutely no interest in you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321842 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He fought for baby Nicole's demise for two months and he won. We most certainly do know that. Airhead.
No, he fought to honor his wife's wishes for two months.

You're a self-centered, vile, lying piece of shit.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321843 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he fought to honor his wife's wishes for two months.
You're a self-centered, vile, lying piece of shit.
As you have said before, what you think is irrelevant and what you are is irrelevant too.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321844 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As you have said before, what you think is irrelevant and what you are is irrelevant too.
And yet, you replied. Can't take the truth, huh?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321845 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you replied. Can't take the truth, huh?
You are the only one on here right now but I would much prefer to reply to someone else. Someone who is interesting and thinks that their opinion is relevant.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321846 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the state is not. Don't be ridiculous.
Your spin on the husband's intent is also ridiculous. You're not in his head, stop pretending you know what he, or his wife do/would think, Arrogant One.
Okay, go back to the Terry Schiavo case where her husband said she wanted to die and her parents said she wanted to live. Do we believe the parents who have loved her all her life or the husband who has a girlfriend and wants to remarry? Hard to be sure of anyone else's motives.

I don't expect you to have an opinion but someone else will.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321847 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the only one on here right now but I would much prefer to reply to someone else. Someone who is interesting and thinks that their opinion is relevant.
Uh huh.

Of course my opinion is relevant. To me It has nothing to do with Mrs. Munoz, or her situation. Neither does yours.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321848 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, go back to the Terry Schiavo case where her husband said she wanted to die and her parents said she wanted to live. Do we believe the parents who have loved her all her life or the husband who has a girlfriend and wants to remarry? Hard to be sure of anyone else's motives.
I don't expect you to have an opinion but someone else will.
Who we believe is also irrelevant. It's who was the next of kin, and so has the authority to speak for her. That was her husband. Just like it was the husband in the link YOU provided. Just like it was the husband in the Munoz case.

After 15 years, it can hardly be expected that he would want to be alone. Where is your empathy? Oh, that's right, you have none. You're a vile piece of crap. It's very clear you've never lost a spouse, that's for sure. Consider yourself lucky.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321849 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh.
Of course my opinion is relevant. To me It has nothing to do with Mrs. Munoz, or her situation. Neither does yours.
No it isn't and it is usually a secret and a good idea to keep it to yourself.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321850 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Who we believe is also irrelevant. It's who was the next of kin, and so has the authority to speak for her. That was her husband. Just like it was the husband in the link YOU provided. Just like it was the husband in the Munoz case.
After 15 years, it can hardly be expected that he would want to be alone. Where is your empathy? Oh, that's right, you have none. It's very clear you've never lost a spouse, that's for sure. Consider yourself lucky.
Unfortunately for her it was her husband. Being a parent, I have empathy for them. If I put myself in their position with my daughter's life in the hands of someone ready to move on, I would have fought as hard as they did. What people do out of love is more honorable than what they do for convenience.

"You're a vile piece of crap" That is about as deep as you can get on meaningful comentary.

I do feel lucky that I don't have your brain or attitude..

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321851 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't and it is usually a secret and a good idea to keep it to yourself.
I assure you, my opinion is relevant to me.

You should take your own advice though. At least I'm not advocating everyone must act according to my own personally held beliefs, like you, you control freak.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321852 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for her it was her husband. Being a parent, I have empathy for them. If I put myself in their position with my daughter's life in the hands of someone ready to move on, I would have fought as hard as they did. What people do out of love is more honorable than what they do for convenience.
"You're a vile piece of crap" That is about as deep as you can get on meaningful comentary.
I do feel lucky that I don't have your brain or attitude..
You have no empathy. Your concern is for your own feelings, not theirs. That has become increasingly clear.

Again, if you had empathy, or knew anything about the grief of losing a spouse, you'd know that 15 years is not to soon to be "ready to move on".

There was nothing to fight FOR. She was in a persistent vegetative states.

You don't have any brains. And I'm THRILLED to be nothing like you, Witless.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321853 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no empathy. Your concern is for your own feelings, not theirs. That has become increasingly clear.
Again, if you had empathy, or knew anything about the grief of losing a spouse, you'd know that 15 years is not to soon to be "ready to move on".
There was nothing to fight FOR. She was in a persistent vegetative states.
You don't have any brains. And I'm THRILLED to be nothing like you, Witless.
No my feelings are for them. It isn't up to you to decide if they should have fought. It is clear that you don't understand their pain. Feel lucky that you haven't lost a child because she was in someone's way.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321854 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I assure you, my opinion is relevant to me..
Solely

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#321855 Feb 13, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> What that means Bitler, is that her body was offering life support for her child for 9 months while he/she was developing in utero.
OH...now it is the body that is offering life support??? What happens when the brain does not wish to go along with the plan of the body? I guess you go to a doctor and have it corrected just as when the body offers itself up to illness the brain takes it to the doctor..

You are insane and about as fanatic as one can get.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321856 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"No my feelings are for them."

Not judging by your posts, they aren't. You're very self-centered.

"It isn't up to you to decide if they should have fought."

Where did I say that?

I know it's hard for you, Witless, but do try to pay attention to what is actually being said.

I made two points, that in Schiavo's case there was nothing to fight FOR, and that in ALL cases where there is no written directive, the next of kin has the authority to make the decision.

"It is clear that you don't understand their pain."

Of course I understand it. I never said otherwise. YOU are the one who is unable to empathize.

"Feel lucky that you haven't lost a child because she was in someone's way."

Neither did they.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321857 Feb 13, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Solely
Of course. When have I ever indicated otherwise?

YOU are the one who has a problem understanding that the same holds true for YOU.....YOUR opinion is relevant solely to you.

No one else is obligated to agree with, or live by, EITHER of our opinions.

Damn, you're dumb.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321858 Feb 13, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"No my feelings are for them."
Not judging by your posts, they aren't. You're very self-centered.
"It isn't up to you to decide if they should have fought."
Where did I say that?
I know it's hard for you, Witless, but do try to pay attention to what is actually being said.
I made two points, that in Schiavo's case there was nothing to fight FOR, and that in ALL cases where there is no written directive, the next of kin has the authority to make the decision.
"It is clear that you don't understand their pain."
Of course I understand it. I never said otherwise. YOU are the one who is unable to empathize.
"Feel lucky that you haven't lost a child because she was in someone's way."
Neither did they.
Again YOU are deciding that they had nothing to fight for. They saw it differently. The next of kin had a conflict of interests. They did in fact lose their child due to someone else's need to be rid of her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min red and right 1,220,522
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,707
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Hey now 52,864
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Chuck 19,852
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! 10 hr rocky1 1
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Apr 24 Larry 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr 22 KM Philcox 148
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]