Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311489 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321875 Feb 14, 2014
RickJP wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Is the offspring of a shark a "child?" How about the offspring of an alligator? A hawk? A cat? A dog?
Are either of these offspring children?
Are you serious? We were discussing human offspring and yes, that would be a child. Duh
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321876 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. I'm not deciding anything. Her persistent vegetative state did that.
No, he did not have a conflict of interest. As her husband he WAS the next of kin. Not her parents. She was an adult married woman, they no longer had a say.
No, they did not lose her for that reason. They had lost her years before. Why would any loving parent wish for their daughter to persist in that condition year after year after year after year?
So everyone who falls into a vegetative state is automatcally dehydrated? She was alive and only needed a feeding tube. She only died because she was intentionally was kept from taking in water and nourishment.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#321877 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So everyone who falls into a vegetative state is automatcally dehydrated? She was alive and only needed a feeding tube. She only died because she was intentionally was kept from taking in water and nourishment.
Why is it that you can't focus?

The point is that ALL of these cases are different, but that the only person who has the authority to make a person's medical decision when they cannot, and don't have a written directive on file, is the next of kin, in consultation with that person's physicians. If it's a woman who is married, her next of kin is her husband.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321878 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that you can't focus?
The point is that ALL of these cases are different, but that the only person who has the authority to make a person's medical decision when they cannot, and don't have a written directive on file, is the next of kin, in consultation with that person's physicians. If it's a woman who is married, her next of kin is her husband.
Well that is trully a setback for women's lib.

If a person only needs food and water to stay alive then everybody is in danger of having someone slse, in their best interest of course, deny them sustenance.

Hope you don't fall into a coma as someone might not want you to wake up.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321879 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that is trully a setback for women's lib.
If a person only needs food and water to stay alive then everybody is in danger of having someone slse, in their best interest of course, deny them sustenance.
Hope you don't fall into a coma as someone might not want you to wake up.
For the love of all things sacred, HOW is that a "setback for women's lib"? Please, do explain this absolutely senseless statement of yours.

We're not talking about a coma, you stupid, stupid woman.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#321880 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? We were discussing human offspring and yes, that would be a child. Duh
Of course I'm serious.

The word 'offspring', like the word 'fetus', applies to all viviparous animals, including, but not limited to, humans.....the word 'child' not so much. It only applies to...wait for it....BORN human offspring.

Otherwise, it's not a child.

That's why the definitions do not use the word 'child' to describe a FETUS.

It isn't one.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321881 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>.
We're not talking about a coma, you stupid, stupid woman.
People in a persistant vegetative state start out in a coma. Don't you know that?
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321882 Feb 14, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course I'm serious.
The word 'offspring', like the word 'fetus', applies to all viviparous animals, including, but not limited to, humans.....the word 'child' not so much. It only applies to...wait for it....BORN human offspring.
Otherwise, it's not a child.
That's why the definitions do not use the word 'child' to describe a FETUS.
It isn't one.
fe·tus
noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\

: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born

Full Definition of FETUS

: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically: a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth

You asked me for a deffinition that included child or human being. Here it is again.

A young human being is a child. Surely you can connect the dots. It isn't hard.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321883 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
People in a persistant vegetative state start out in a coma. Don't you know that?
Yes, but she was not longer in a coma when the tube was removed.

Damn, you're frigging stupid.

Your failure to address the rest of my post, and explain the stupid statement you made is noted.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321884 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
fe·tus
noun \&#712;f&#275;-t&# 601;s\
: a human being or animal in the later stages of development before it is born
Full Definition of FETUS
: an unborn or unhatched vertebrate especially after attaining the basic structural plan of its kind; specifically: a developing human from usually two months after conception to birth
You asked me for a deffinition that included child or human being. Here it is again.
A young human being is a child. Surely you can connect the dots. It isn't hard.
What she actually asked for, Witless, was a definition for fetus that included the words "child", or "baby".

Damn, you're stupid.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321886 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but she was not longer in a coma when the tube was removed.
Damn, you're frigging stupid.
Your failure to address the rest of my post, and explain the stupid statement you made is noted.
No she was in a vegetative state. Very much alive with her own organs functioning. Her husband decided to stop her nourishment so that she would dehydrate and die even though her family was willing to continue to care for her.

Your woman's lib will fail you when your husband decides that you have lived long enough because he doesn't like your quality of life. He might even have your organs harvested while you are still alive.

“ABORTION KILLS A HUMAN BEING”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#321887 Feb 14, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he asked for definition that states an offspring is a child. And you still have not provided it.
Spin, spin, spin, ballerina...don't forget to spot, or ....shit...too late.. Did that hurt? Need a donut to sit on? How about a whoopy cushion?(it's more appropriate)
You proaborts are the spinners and twisters. Sadly, you know you're in the wrong, so off you go with your twister game! Why not just admit you're wrong? It would be so much easier for you.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321888 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
What she actually asked for, Witless, was a definition for fetus that included the words "child", or "baby".
Damn, you're stupid.
I gave the deffinition that said 'human being'. Now what do we call a young human being? I know, A CHILD. See how that works. These are called synonyms. Words that mean the same thing. Did you not go to school at all? Talk about stupid.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321889 Feb 14, 2014
NoahRS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he asked for definition that states an offspring is a child. And you still have not provided it.
Spin, spin, spin, ballerina...don't forget to spot, or ....shit...too late.. Did that hurt? Need a donut to sit on? How about a whoopy cushion?(it's more appropriate)
I did provide it but just for you, I'll do it again.

/&#712;ôf&#716;spriNG, &#712;äf-/

noun

noun: offspring; plural noun: offspring

a person's child or children.

"the offspring of middle-class parents"

synonyms:

children, sons and daughters, progeny, family, youngsters, babies, brood; More

descendants, heirs, successors, scions;

•

•
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321890 Feb 14, 2014
kaylayossi wrote:
<quoted text>
You proaborts are the spinners and twisters. Sadly, you know you're in the wrong, so off you go with your twister game! Why not just admit you're wrong? It would be so much easier for you.
It is their way of avoiding any factual information or even exercising their brains a little.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321891 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No she was in a vegetative state. Very much alive with her own organs functioning. Her husband decided to stop her nourishment so that she would dehydrate and die even though her family was willing to continue to care for her.
Your woman's lib will fail you when your husband decides that you have lived long enough because he doesn't like your quality of life. He might even have your organs harvested while you are still alive.
I don't believe you know what a persistent vegetative state is, or means. She was never coming back. After 15 years, he wanted to let go, be able to grieve properly, and had fallen in love. There is not one damned thing wrong with that. He was entitled to happiness.

You trying to make it sound like it was done on a whim, with not enough time going by, and a chance of her making any kind of recovery, just so he could have a girlfriend, PROVES that you are nothing but a self-centered, lying, piece of sh*t.

As I said, you want the world to revolve around YOUR personal feelings, but it doesn't.

Oh, and Witless? Wives would be the next of kin for their HUSBANDS as well, you frigging Moron. It's got nothing to do with gender, or feminism, which is the modern-day word for "women's lib".

Welcome to the 21st century.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321892 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave the deffinition that said 'human being'. Now what do we call a young human being? I know, A CHILD. See how that works. These are called synonyms. Words that mean the same thing. Did you not go to school at all? Talk about stupid.
You didn't give her what she asked for. Couldn't, apparently, even REMEMBER what was asked for.

You've got no business calling anyone else stupid, Witless.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321893 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't give her what she asked for. Couldn't, apparently, even REMEMBER what was asked for.
You've got no business calling anyone else stupid, Witless.
You must both be second grade dropouts.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

#321894 Feb 14, 2014
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you know what a persistent vegetative state is, or means. She was never coming back. After 15 years, he wanted to let go, be able to grieve properly, and had fallen in love. There is not one damned thing wrong with that. He was entitled to happiness.
You trying to make it sound like it was done on a whim, with not enough time going by, and a chance of her making any kind of recovery, just so he could have a girlfriend, PROVES that you are nothing but a self-centered, lying, piece of sh*t.
As I said, you want the world to revolve around YOUR personal feelings, but it doesn't.
Oh, and Witless? Wives would be the next of kin for their HUSBANDS as well, you frigging Moron. It's got nothing to do with gender, or feminism, which is the modern-day word for "women's lib".
Welcome to the 21st century.
It is a shame that he couldn't be happy without ending her life and causing such pain to her parents.

Some people think only about their own happiness. I guess that is why abortion is so popular.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#321895 Feb 14, 2014
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You must both be second grade dropouts.
You're projecting again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RealDave 1,404,251
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,830
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 3 hr silly rabbit 81
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr stupid republicans 20,389
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Kaine and Unable 60,659
Review: Floors Now (Aug '11) 6 hr Mrs Iacobucci 3
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Mon Babs 15

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages