Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312661 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320725 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that Ma'am. Diversity is not a problem with me. I've just seen over time G71 completely ate up and spit out by many on this thread. So I have to ask, what is the frigging point anymore, really?
The pro-choice crowd on these threads occasionally gets a chew-toy.

This go-round, Golly-Town got elected...

Next...

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#320726 Jan 15, 2014
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> You first, Sir. Why are you here? Do you have a point?
I'm here tonight to explain to Rose what I was doing this morning. Apparently she didn't read what I posted, and I will send her a PM, as well.

My point is that G71 and Rose are my friends, and if I happen up on this thread and see him being belittled for asking a question. Then I will express my opinion about such.

Peace.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#320727 Jan 15, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The pro-choice crowd on these threads occasionally gets a chew-toy.
This go-round, Golly-Town got elected...
Next...
Please forgive me for laughing, I know it's disrespectful, but I cant help it.

LOL @ chew-toy and next...

You're the chew-toy genius.

May I say NEXT...? Please note the All Caps on next, that means i'm serious. Go away moron!!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#320728 Jan 15, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm here tonight to explain to Rose what I was doing this morning. Apparently she didn't read what I posted, and I will send her a PM, as well.
My point is that G71 and Rose are my friends, and if I happen up on this thread and see him being belittled for asking a question. Then I will express my opinion about such.
Peace.
You're a good man. Nobility is alive and well and slumming on Topix. Peace to you as well.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320729 Jan 16, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
You were called out for being a hypocrite. Your tendency to be spineless was rooted in your incessant need for back pats ... even if it meant the fake adulations came from diehard proaborts.
You spent 90% of your time attacking prolifers. You PROMOTED premarital sex for teens.
You were an abject mess and the only individuals who miss you are your fake proabort friends. They are your "friends" because you effectively stood with them.
You completely lost sight of the little ones in the womb.
Good riddance.
Really.....?

Do you defend the life of fertilized ova which are daily flushed at in vitro fertilization clinics, because their parents find them extraneous?

Do you defend the lives of the thousands of these fertilized ova which are suspended in frozen animation, awaiting the day when they can be implanted, and ultimately discarded when they are no longer 'viable'?

Do you defend the right of Nadya Suleman (otherwise known as 'Octomom') and others who have large families they cannot support by themselves, to rely on public assistance to house, clothe, feed and provide medical care to the kids?

Do you defend the lives of children in America who are starving, abused, or abandoned, by protesting overseas adoptions?

Do you defend the life of those who commit heinous crimes?

Unless you can answer these questions with an unhesitating YES, then you are not "Pro-Life". You are "Pro-fetus", "Pro-control of dissenting women, or "Pro-what-life-you-consid er-to-be-important."

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320730 Jan 16, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
May I say NEXT...? Please note the All Caps on next, that means i'm serious. Go away moron!!
You're chewing your tail for public entertainment, stooge.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNext.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320731 Jan 16, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> You love to embarrass yourself, dontcha?
Honey, you provided my own words, please read them. LOL If one is shown something by that person(or your own),then they are not invading privacy.
Pick yourself up and try again. Good luck!
There is no indication at all in your "own" words that you were given the proper written permission to view all these medical records. You did say that because you have family who are medical professionals that you have "access" to such information and that you were "curious" and do "a lot of reading". Those are your words. And that does not explain your attempt to cover your unethical behavior by then lying and falsely claiming the records were your own...after being called out.

Like everyone, I have written permission to get medical info about certain family members when the need arises but I have never been allowed to "read" their medical records. It takes paperwork, and time, to get copies of one's own medical records and it certainly is no easier to get hard copies of other people's records.

sassylicious wrote: <quoted text> "I have read a few medical records. Why? Have you? Indeed I am a layperson,but I do have medical professionals in my family and a few of my friends(including NP,RN,MD,ND' and OT's). So....yeah,I have access to much info that I am not educated about. I happen to be very curious and do alot of reading. But,that has nothing to do with your ignorance,now does it?"
http://www.to pix.c om/forum/news/abortion/T833..

You, and your family members who are supposedly medical professionals, are unethical people.

And you are a liar who still has not produced these posts you claimed I wrote saying I was a "guy"....

sweetsassy wrote:
<quoted text>
" :::blink blink:::::
LMAOOOOOOOO now you're a woman???????
You told us on the other forum that you were a guy.
<<<sassy shakes her head in disbelief>>>> "
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TO7Q...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320732 Jan 16, 2014
Husker wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you made comments about your own grandchild not being white. I think what you said was worse. and yeah, when those grandkids are adults and they turn out just like chicko, they will. Just like they will have a field day with you.
those comments were made in the context of the social climate of the South..
What you wrote was simply vicious, gratuitous filth.

And all of the so-called Christians on here remained silent when you wrote your horrid filth.

Just like they remain silent when vile things are written about cpeter...by the so-called Christians.

Just like they remain silent when you and other so-called Christians shallowly hurl insults at Bitner about her physical appearance.

Just like they remained silent when the so-called Christian boy Seattle repeatedly called me a ""wh*re".

So maybe all of you so-called Christians should stop whining about everyone else on here.

Not a one of you seems like a decent representative of the religion you all claim to love and live by. You're all nothing but hypocrites who are good at acting like a..holes and then making excuses for such behavior.

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320733 Jan 16, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing, sourpuss: Worships reality is fighting for the lives of innocent preborn baby females. Meanwhile, YOU are promoting the executions of preborn female girls.
You are a fake feminist of the worst kind.
No, here is the thing, basement dweller: Worships Fetuses and you No Relatives are doing nothing more than riding skirt tails trying to keep women in line.

You are a typical misogynists and nothing more.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#320734 Jan 16, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't ask you about what you did with your first pregnancy/child, I asked you what you WOULD do. Future hypothetical.
So again, is there something inherently objectionable to you about the procedure of abortion that it WOULD never be a considered option for you aside from those very specific circumstances you listed previously ? Say circumstances where you could not afford another child, were not prepared emotionally to raise it, not able physically to raise, and no longer excited about the prospect of raising a child.
If I faced that very scenario once already, as I explained, then why would facing that scenario in the future, hypothetically, be any different? I faced it in reality, and told you what I did, and now you want me to explain what I would do in the future if the same thing that I already faced in reality were to happen...in the future? Huh?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320735 Jan 16, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I faced that very scenario once already, as I explained, then why would facing that scenario in the future, hypothetically, be any different? I faced it in reality, and told you what I did, and now you want me to explain what I would do in the future if the same thing that I already faced in reality were to happen...in the future? Huh?
Faced with a cluster of human cells, programmed to survive at all necessary expense to the body, it's pretty likely that both genders naturally react the same (human) way : survive first, gestate second, nurture third, protect fourth, defend fifth.
If it gets to DEFCON IV, it's way too late.
Mother 101.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320736 Jan 16, 2014
I mean, right guys? If you're faced with a cluster of human cells, programmed to utilize all available and necessary functions, and resources of, and growing in, your body.....a cluster of undeniably human cells, which has an intrinsic ability to end your life....you fellas are going to survive first too.

(Just guessing.)

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320737 Jan 16, 2014
E L Norton MD wrote:
<quoted text>
You actually looked it up? As if I'd ever put my real name up on an Internet forum. Let me take a wild stab, had I agreed with her absurd story you would have never checked right ? You are as transparent as you are shallow. The fact is she said that her dr told her that the tumors were caused by her pregnancy. Since she aborted at 3 weeks there is positively NO WAY those tumors could have grown to the size that would make her appear 4-5 mos pregnant in that time frame. Utterly impossible. Her story is a complete fabrication.
By the way if you get a chance ( and it sounds like you're a guy with loads of free time) call Dr McKenna in the Oncology Dept at Oxford and just tell him 'E' said hi.
The fabrication is you pretending to know mine or any womans circumstances. There is no reason to fabricate my story. I would more than likely have aborted without the development of the tumors taking everything into consideration, including health. The tumors caused much discomfort from the onset, knowing immediately something was wrong. With that my decision was made in a more timely manner than without. You anti choicers want to believe that all women/girls circumstances are the same and all should gestate and produce regardless of their circumstances like good little slaves.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320738 Jan 16, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Most women don't find out that they are pregnant till they are a few weeks along yet you were AT an ultrasound appointment which usually takes time to schedule at 3 weeks pregnant, then proceeded with the abortion which he was "hesitant" about.
a 42yr old woman allowed a Dr to guess and then hesitate, then abort her child @@
. Okay, so he aborted while guessing the TUMORS where from pregnancy only seeking to recheck you 2-3 MONTHS later?????????
You sound like an airhead. Can't believe you would embarrass yourself with this bs story.
WOW, you can't get anything right can you? Where did I say I was at an ultrasound appt? The ultrasound was taken at the clinic minutes before the abortion. I was never hesitant about having an abortion as I knew something was wrong considering the swelling and pain. The doctor stated "you are loaded with tumors" and then asked me if I had a history of tumors. I replied "no", and he stated :"the tumors could be from the pregnancy and you will need to have a checkup in 2-3 months with your doctor. Which I did and the tumors were gone. Apparently he was correct.

The airhead is you, as you fabricate YOUR own scenarios all the time. You are a poor listener and even a poorer person. But then, you get told that a lot don't ya? We know.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320739 Jan 16, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that Ma'am. Diversity is not a problem with me. I've just seen over time G71 completely ate up and spit out by many on this thread. Cursed like a dog for his faith, and hardly ever a "you make a good point" from anyone. In return (after a cursing) he is still kind and warm hearted to ALL of you, friend or foe.
As far as this debate y'all have, I could care less. It has been buried, dug up, buried, dug up, so many times, and no one gives an inch. So I have to ask, what is the frigging point anymore, really?
It's not his faith that's the problem. It's his self-righteous arrogance and hypocrisy. He's earned what he's gotten here.
Penelope

United States

#320740 Jan 16, 2014
Lilrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to post about? They're about 35 years too late. Abortion isn't going to be repealed. Never in history has a civil right been taken AWAY from people. Its simply not going to happen. More restrictions? Maybe, but that also wont stop anyone that wants one.
Education would help reduce the perceived necessity of abortion. Sadly, most that are against abortion are also against manditory education.
You're right. Jesus freaks are against education and embrace ignorance.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#320741 Jan 16, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yesterday you said you weren't going to come back to this thread. Looks like you were too stupid to stick to your guns and stay away.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#320742 Jan 16, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Do soldiers kill?
Yes.
Yes, they do.
Only you APPROVE of that sort of killing....regardless of the 5th Commandment.
Gee, how Christian of you.
Next...
Their rigid "pro life" stance wavers at their personal discretion.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#320743 Jan 16, 2014
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Their rigid "pro life" stance wavers at their personal discretion.
Might one even say....at their personal CONVENIENCE?:)
cancer suxs

Faribault, MN

#320744 Jan 16, 2014
Want an abortion get one...Dot want an abortion don't get one.

ITS CALLED FREEDOM YEA CONSTITUTION........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aquarius-WY 1,457,562
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Mothra 62,299
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 71,230
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 9 hr Inspector tiny ta... 20,694
News If ex-felons pay their dues to society, let's g... (Jun '08) 13 hr Your stupid pro-e... 1,167
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Thu Trying to be hopeful 36
DCF Protest in CT & We want your stories!!! (Jul '12) Nov 29 Madmom 70

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages