Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 341277 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320317 Jan 7, 2014
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> But the woman is consenting to an STD if they have consensual sex? Your attempts to justify killing an innocent humans life is getting desperate. There ARE consequences to our actions playa. Sex has a pricetag. Drinking has a pricetag. If I choose to drink too much, i choose to risk crazy behavior and a hangover. If I choose to confront someone about something, I risk a fight.
Think twice.
You try to show that men are not your equal. Being a control-freak doesn't make you become important. You don't control the life of your child. That's not what a mother does. We love, respect and nurture them. They are not your prisoners. We put them first. We would die for our child. Ask ANY real mother.
I am not attempting to justify anything. Abortion is a medical procedure, to which women have a right, whether you approve of it or not. We don't need to justify it, as it's legal to have an abortion for whatever reason we deem necessary, until viability.(yes, I know it drives you bugfuck that no woman has to justify her abortion, but that's just too bad, innit.)

I am not trying to show that men are 'not my equal'. I am advocating that women ARE equally recognized, having the same rights as men to direct our own lives.

Stop referring to children as 'consequences', Sassy. Every born child should be a wanted child....not someone else's punishment for making choices you don't support.
Gtown71

United States

#320318 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
He should...because he has no options if a pregnancy results. Not fair? Is it fair that only women get pregnant?
<quoted text>
I must say cp,^^^this^^^ is the best argument ive heard thus far on the matter.
Gtown71

United States

#320319 Jan 7, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is no double standard, since ONLY the woman gets pregnant. Since even stupid hetero boys know this, then they know they have no SAY in the pregnancy. If they want to take their chances on the girl's possible decision, go ahead, but don't whine about it.
<quoted text>
I still see a double standard on the males. Not any way around it.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320320 Jan 8, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Take it up with God.

Next...

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320321 Jan 8, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesnt. There is No easy answer. Abortion only erases a part of the womens problem. Then there is the 3000 men , many in which are very young that also must wait untill the woman makes her choice. Talk about power. He will forever be linked to this woman IF SHE CHOOSES.. He will be forced to be Punished as you call it forever if she CHOOSES to have the child. Yet I forget you not only care very little for the unborn, you care even less for the male involved. I have asked what happens to the male involved in all this. Number one answer I have received back -- He should have thought about that before he had sex. I dont have all the answers and dont claim to. You seem to have it all layed out..
I still say, if a woman can have an abortion and it not bother her at all, then I wouldnt call her warm hearted.
You can put me in any box you wish"but you dont have a clue.
I feel for all involved. You seem to only care about the womans right to have her unborn child killed, no matter who hurts later on. Including that woman.
Just let a woman who has had an abortion get on here and say she has regrets. See how you other women treat her. I have seen it. Its pretty brutal.
My "redo"as you call it comes with many scars. So does abortion.
Well thank you for proving my point! Your concern IS control of women:
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then there is the 3000 men , many in which are very young that also must wait untill the woman makes her choice. Talk about power. He will forever be linked to this woman IF SHE CHOOSES.
Women/girls having the power over their own body is something that cannot be tolerated! Better men decide for her!

Now tell me, since you are so "concerned" about the male in this scenario, would not the poor male be forever linked to this woman/girl IF ABORTION WERE NOT AN OPTION????? I can't tell you how many men I have known who have walked away without paying their fair share, not to mention devoting their time and energy to raise their children, including divorce. How about you clean up your own gender doorstep and get back to us when you have solved that problem and stay of the skirt tails of women till resolved?

When a woman/girl is carrying a pregnancy give me ONE good reason why I should be concerned about the impregnator? Of course you revert to lying. Your answer when you have expressed concern about the male is and stands...a male has NOTHING to do with a pregnancy, he does nothing while the woman/girl does it ALL. He pays nothing, he withstands nothing, he has no risks, he has no medical concerns, zero zilch nothing! So now, remind me again why I am suppose to be concerned about him? The only thing he faces is the woman/girls decision over her own body....poor poor pitiful him.

I have had an abortion at 3 weeks in my 40's, and I am thrilled I had a choice and did not have to appear in front of some male tribunal to plead my case and await their verdict. I am not bothered in the least. Call me what you will, I could not care less, further proving the point that you and your fellow (and hairy chested female anti choicers) do not matter at all. What matters is that women/girls continue and retain the right to decide over their body and best interests.
Gtown71

United States

#320322 Jan 8, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank you for proving my point! Your concern IS control of women:
<quoted text>
Women/girls having the power over their own body is something that cannot be tolerated! Better men decide for her!
Now tell me, since you are so "concerned" about the male in this scenario, would not the poor male be forever linked to this woman/girl IF ABORTION WERE NOT AN OPTION????? I can't tell you how many men I have known who have walked away without paying their fair share, not to mention devoting their time and energy to raise their children, including divorce. How about you clean up your own gender doorstep and get back to us when you have solved that problem and stay of the skirt tails of women till resolved?
When a woman/girl is carrying a pregnancy give me ONE good reason why I should be concerned about the impregnator? Of course you revert to lying. Your answer when you have expressed concern about the male is and stands...a male has NOTHING to do with a pregnancy, he does nothing while the woman/girl does it ALL. He pays nothing, he withstands nothing, he has no risks, he has no medical concerns, zero zilch nothing! So now, remind me again why I am suppose to be concerned about him? The only thing he faces is the woman/girls decision over her own body....poor poor pitiful him.
I have had an abortion at 3 weeks in my 40's, and I am thrilled I had a choice and did not have to appear in front of some male tribunal to plead my case and await their verdict. I am not bothered in the least. Call me what you will, I could not care less, further proving the point that you and your fellow (and hairy chested female anti choicers) do not matter at all. What matters is that women/girls continue and retain the right to decide over their body and best interests.
Im no more concerned about the male, then I am the female. Its tough all around. Real tough if you happen to be the unborn baby. He awaits the woman choice as does the unborn child. They both will be affected with the choice SHE makes. You say you were 40 and pregnant. Whos fault was it?
Yours?
His?
The baby?
Who paid the price?
You were not bothered at all?

Not that it matters, but having an abortion makes you no less a human then the rest of us.
Plus if that sin cannot be forgiven, then none can.

Yet you dont see it as sin anyway right?
You do see my sins as sin though right?

Atleast your writing additude shows that you do...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320323 Jan 8, 2014
Not really. He takes no risks during the pregnancy; it affects her alone. If she carries to term and a baby results, they are BOTH equally responsible for it. That's as fair as circumstances allow for.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#320324 Jan 8, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady, find yourself a real man! TIA (one that actually gives a sh*t about you would be nice)

And if you're attracted to said 'male', that you just referred to, rethink your life! And good for you in not being concerned with a man like the one you just described, now if only you could follow through......(it seems)

Location hidden

#320325 Jan 8, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>

I can't tell you how many men I have known who have walked away without paying their fair share, not to mention devoting their time and energy to raise their children, including divorce. How about you clean up your own gender doorstep and get back to us when you have solved that problem and stay of the skirt tails of women till resolved?
You know that many men like that, you've lost count???!!!! OMG, get yourself a new peer group too. This birds of a feather crap isn't working for you! Holy Sh*t!

Just sayin,,,, just noticin...

Location hidden

#320326 Jan 8, 2014
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>

ROAR!!!! You go girl! Continued to be 'thrilled' at your choice, and what you were able to do with it... here here

fellow (and hairy chested female anti choicers)?? Are you sure you're not the one walking around with an itchy chin from all your man chest hair? I'm sure you can hide all your body hair with clothes, but what about the facial hair. Are you a no no hair girl? I saw those things advertised.

Now beat your chest and give us grunt! hahhahhaah

“Something's heavy on my heart”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#320327 Jan 8, 2014
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not. Why do you have to lie to make a point? Or is your reading comprehension really so bad?
I didn't lie. You ARE dancing. Stop lying about me lying, you liar.
Saying someone else's pregnancy is not your business is not answering the question.
Here let me make it easier for you :

RvW accords the fetus a level of significance when it allows States to restrict post viability abortions in their interest to protect fetal life. The States that choose to act on this Constitutional authority also are according the fetus a level of legal significance.
Now......here it comes so pay attention.... do you agree with the level of legal significance RvW and certain States accord the fetus ? Or do you believe the fetus should be accorded MORE significance ? Or do you believe the fetus should be accorded NO significance at all at ANY time.
There, simple question and you can select any of the 3 choices. I am not tying you down to any pre conceived response.
I acknowledge all the reality I deal with. I do not believe abortion is murder.
Neither do I.
It is legal killing. You focus on the killing of a developing embryo/fetus,
No I don't. I focus on both. I believe there are circumstances under which a woman SHOULD have the right to abort. If my focus was solely on the fetus I could never say such a thing. Stop lying.

I focus on the woman and her circumstances. You personify and equate the developing embryo/fetus to a breathing, squalling newborn.
No I don't. You're lying again.
I don't. I see the embryo/fetus for what it is, unfinished development with no guarantee to a healthy live birth.
I see it for what it is also, a human life. Newborns and toddlers are also unfinished development with no guarantee to live to complete development either. So what does THAT mean ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320328 Jan 8, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
RvW accords the fetus a level of significance when it allows States to restrict post viability abortions in their interest to protect fetal life. The States that choose to act on this Constitutional authority also are according the fetus a level of legal significance.
Now......here it comes so pay attention.... do you agree with the level of legal significance RvW and certain States accord the fetus ? Or do you believe the fetus should be accorded MORE significance ? Or do you believe the fetus should be accorded NO significance at all at ANY time.
There, simple question and you can select any of the 3 choices. I am not tying you down to any pre conceived response.
I'll take option number three.

Now then, let me make it easier for you: go to the nearest Walgreens, and purchase a lifetime supply of lotion and Kleenex....when women universally refuse to have sex with men unless we're in the throes of 'baby fever', you're going to be cut off on a rather permanent basis from sharing our vaginas. Get well acquainted with your hands.

Next....
katie

Tacoma, WA

#320329 Jan 8, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't lie. You ARE dancing. Stop lying about me lying, you liar.
Saying someone else's pregnancy is not your business is not answering the question.
<quoted text>
Neither do I.
<quoted text>
No I don't. I focus on both. I believe there are circumstances under which a woman SHOULD have the right to abort. If my focus was solely on the fetus I could never say such a thing. Stop lying.
<quoted text>
No I don't. You're lying again.
<quoted text>
I see it for what it is also, a human life. Newborns and toddlers are also unfinished development with no guarantee to live to complete development either. So what does THAT mean ?
So you don't think all those things about the embryo/fetus most PLers do. Big whoop! It doesn't matter because you still think the woman should not be allowed to safely and legally abort based on her circumstances. You think she should only be allowed to abort safely and legally for what *you* define as "valid" reasons based on her circumstances.

You can continue to erroneously claim I am lying or you can just admit it to yourself, if not to others. Your entire stance on abortion rests on what *you* deem is allowable. Thank goodness the Supreme Court realized women are individuals with individual circumstances that cannot be predicted based on somebody else's experiences. Unlike you. You haven't realized that and still think women should carry unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy to term unless *you* agree their reasons for terminating safely and legally are valid. I give women far more credit to determine their pregnancies outcome than you ever will fathom.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#320330 Jan 8, 2014
Norm Chaney wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever time this type of question is asked, I respond the same way. With that said, it's a mystery you have no clue and are asking again.

I agree with Roe v Wade's restrictions at viability where the physician and woman determine her pregnancy's outcome if something unforeseen happens late in the game. That is a reasonable restriction based on good faith and the good judgments of those involved.

I do not agree with some of the states' restrictions that are only unnecessary hoops for women to jump through. These backfire and cause unnecessary delays which in turn cause later abortions. Terminations of unwanted pregnancies should be completed within the first trimester, imo, preferably in the embryonic stage. Much safer for the woman/girl experiencing it.

Now, let's see how you twist this around and accuse me of lying some more. Should be fun.

Location hidden

#320332 Jan 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take option number three.
"believe the fetus should be accorded NO significance at all at ANY time."

Really? At ANY time? 8 1/2 months, with nothing wrong with the mother or 'baby'? No significance? None?

That shocks me.
Gtown71

United States

#320333 Jan 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Take it up with God.
Next...
I Will !!!!!

Next......:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320334 Jan 8, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>"believe the fetus should be accorded NO significance at all at ANY time."
Really? At ANY time? 8 1/2 months, with nothing wrong with the mother or 'baby'? No significance? None?
That shocks me.
You're pretty easily shocked.

The fetus should be accorded no significance with regard to Civil Rights - which are accrued at birth.

Otherwise, the fetus should be accorded whatever significance the woman who carries it, affords it. Whether that is the same significance anyone else affords it, or not, and whether or not she makes the choices concerning her fetus that you would make concerning yours.

That's not very shocking, if you ask me....or the Supreme Court.

Location hidden

#320335 Jan 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're pretty easily shocked.
The fetus should be accorded no significance with regard to Civil Rights - which are accrued at birth.
Otherwise, the fetus should be accorded whatever significance the woman who carries it, affords it. Whether that is the same significance anyone else affords it, or not, and whether or not she makes the choices concerning her fetus that you would make concerning yours.
That's not very shocking, if you ask me....or the Supreme Court.
No, I'm not talking legalities, and ours are a lot different than yours anyways. I'm simply stating that I'm shocked at your belief that a "fetus should be accorded NO significance at ANY time". Forget laws, I would just find it hard to believe that anyone would support a healthy, viable fetus, terminated at 8 1/2 months, given no problems to the mother, and if there were, the baby would (very high chances, duh) survive outside the mother's womb.

Ya, I'm shocked that you/anyone would support that.

That's very shocking to me, if you ask me.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#320336 Jan 8, 2014
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not talking legalities, and ours are a lot different than yours anyways. I'm simply stating that I'm shocked at your belief that a "fetus should be accorded NO significance at ANY time". Forget laws, I would just find it hard to believe that anyone would support a healthy, viable fetus, terminated at 8 1/2 months, given no problems to the mother, and if there were, the baby would (very high chances, duh) survive outside the mother's womb.
Ya, I'm shocked that you/anyone would support that.
That's very shocking to me, if you ask me.
I was talking legalities. You're the one who threw the emotional glop all over everywhere.

Forget laws? That's what we're here to talk about, shug. The SCPL faction wants to make more laws against abortion, and the Pro-Choice faction wants abortion laws to reflect the Supreme Court's opinion rather than Reggie P. Crackerface's, and Tilly B. Noseybody's.

Get with the program.

Location hidden

#320338 Jan 8, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I was talking legalities. You're the one who threw the emotional glop all over everywhere.
Forget laws? That's what we're here to talk about, shug. The SCPL faction wants to make more laws against abortion, and the Pro-Choice faction wants abortion laws to reflect the Supreme Court's opinion rather than Reggie P. Crackerface's, and Tilly B. Noseybody's.
Get with the program.
Alright the emotional glop is everywhere. I'm asking you, with your personal opinion, do you still stand behind the fetus in not being accorded NO significance at all at ANY time. Majority changes laws...... here in Canada anyways. I'm asking your opinion on that stance regarding that law, and the situation I presented before you. Just opinion on that, not what the law states. Opinion is opinion, it doesn't have to agree with law, and I would like your opinion on said scenario. That's all. 8 1/2 month pregnancy, there isn't anything with the 'baby'......mother wants to abort that healthy 8 1/2 month old fetus, and your OPINION is.....?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Donald-Do-Right 1,762,567
News 81-Year-Old Retiree Gets Raves From Students, P... (Mar '09) 8 hr Dan Jacobson 31
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Hate 21,721
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr INTO FARTS 64,687
Why are puerto ricans so lazy & don't work? (Nov '13) 19 hr Prune 41
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Thu Newby666 336
Do pretty Girls Fart??? May 23 Guy 5

Wethersfield Jobs

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages