Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314719 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

One true way

United States

#320224 Jan 5, 2014
Someday you abortion lovers will pay!!!!
One true way

United States

#320225 Jan 5, 2014
Atheists like moon and vladdy are in for a big surprise!

Morgana 9

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#320226 Jan 5, 2014
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize a woman being pregnant when she doesnt want to be is hard, but so is her having to live the rest of her life knowing she had to end a life, in order to get to a place where shes no longer pregnant
Thanks for thinking you know what I think though.
No problem....pretty easy knowing what you think.

Excuses don't cut it.

You choose to believe that every woman/girl regrets her decision and lives a life of misery dealing with it. That is your imagination working overtime, it is how YOU want them to react and YOU wanting them to live in guilt, it makes you feel like a man to imagine this. Your manhood is what bothers you since you have fcked it up royally and admittedly. I suggest you stop laying your downfalls on women to make yourself feel better. Just sayin...

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320227 Jan 5, 2014
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Morgana: "I don't see you as valuing women at all."
We obviously don't see you valuing baby females. In fact, you do all you can to see that they are dismembererd and intentionally killed.#FakeFeminist
OH LOOK...the pimpled face little beastie No Relatives living in mommies basement posts his boring systematic bullshit over and over again. Wearing his pink panties pretending to be pro woman when he is nothing more than a loser mommies boy on the tit.

Boring, geeky and one of the biggest all time losers on the forum!

Get a life little nerd, you don't know the FIRST thing about women and you certainly have never been close to one outside of your brow beaten mother.

Morgana 9

Minneapolis

#320228 Jan 5, 2014
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG.
MY opinion, is that a woman who has consensual sex, should receive no LESS consideration than a woman who was raped, when she is pregnant and desires an abortion. Both women are pregnant unwillingly - both have the same rights to decide whether or not to abort.
<quoted text> Your stance, that she should only be allowed to get an abortion if she was raped, is basically stating that SHE has been punished enough, and 'deserves' the right to an abortion, while women who have consensual sex are just SOL, and pregnancy is just the CONSEQUENCE of our actions, which we deserve, whether we want to be pregnant or not..
Pfft.
<quoted text> Dude....I'm just putting forth my opinions on an internet forum. We're just sittin' here talkiin'....why does everything have to be a melodrama with you???
<quoted text>You just really don't care for strong independent women, who aren't afraid of your bluster and bullsh*t. Sorry about your luck, bub.
<quoted text>See what I mean? You can't help yourself from characterizing me as a guy - I'd be easier to relate to that way? Or what?
<quoted text>No, you don't. Have some compassion and apply some reason to the consideration that all women have the same reproductive rights as every other woman, regardless of how we get pregnant.
Pregnancy isn't a CONSEQUENCE. It's a Happenstance. And if we don't want to continue a given pregnancy, we don't have to.
Period.
Next...
Bravo!! Applause, applause!

Funny how these big guys revert to "butch" when a woman hands them their stupid azz. Guess that is all they got left to defend themselves.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320230 Jan 5, 2014
One true way wrote:
Someday you abortion lovers will pay!!!!
Some day you fetus worshipers will be extinct.

Next...
Penelope

United States

#320231 Jan 5, 2014
Gay marriage? Abortion? You all fight for some strange things.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#320232 Jan 5, 2014
nancy.YOU shouldn't call anything stupid if THAT'S your argument. A partnership is a legal contract entered into willingly by two or more people. Pregnancy is a biological happenstance that often isn't entered into willingly by either party. There is no partnership in pregnancy; the man takes no risks and receives no consideration. He doesn't have to contact her, support her, or give her another moment's thought, especially given that there is always a chance HE didn't cause the pregnancy. Should birth take place, he may be named as a parent and it can be verified through testing, but he owes her nothing at all; he's only legally required to pay support for the child.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>This is stupid Bitner, but last try. If I went into a business partnership with you and our business went into debt would we not be equally responsible? There is no difference, civil laws are on the books, there is case precedence, all to support this, there is no need to a law to state this specifically, as you are requiring. Look, there are laws against murder, but there are not specific laws for murdering with a knife, a grenade, a machine gun, a pistol, a shot gun, a bow and arrow, a rock, a piece of glass.......... get it?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#320233 Jan 5, 2014
Penelope wrote:
A political definition of marriage for consenting adults? Reproductive slavery?

The GOP fights for (and legislates toward) some REALLY strange things.

Next...

Indianapolis

#320234 Jan 5, 2014
Well, you could start by not being an oxygen-sucking moron like yourself.

Then you could reflect on the fact that only an idiot keeps replying to posts he doesn't want to reply to.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>You goofy sh*t, you're thick as a brick, how does someone tell stupid how stupid stupid is when stupid is too stupid to understand stupid? That's how I feel replying to your stupid posts.

Indianapolis

#320235 Jan 5, 2014
Pregnancy is a medical condition and can be remedied if the patient deems it appropriate to terminate. The fetus, as long as it is within the woman, has no rights, and the woman has no obligation towards it.
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>If you compare a pregnancy to being stricken by the German measles, then yeah,
you don't understand the difference between nature's way to balance our population and nature's way to reproduce and continue our existence, that's two completely different things. How can anyone of reasonable thinking compare the two? As far as "no significance if it isn't mine", is that a justified stance to watch your neighbor kill his children without trying to protect those innocent lives? I know, you'll argue that those are born children and have rights, let me explain something beyond Roe v Wade. R v W was a compromise, and because what is moral is subjective, that legal compromise is all our courts could do to settle this. But it doesn't change the fact that a fetus is an innocent, developing life worthy of protection by it's own species. And no different, in moral theory, than protecting those born, other than the reality that "potential" life logically doesn't supersede the importance of those already born. But if the developing human life doesn't threaten the born human life, why is it not worthy of protection?
<quoted text>No, I never said, nor ever implied, that a fetus conceived by rape is less significant, I cant understand why so many of you cant understand that. What I have said is that when a woman is raped there are more compelling arguments to protect her health than a normal pregnancy conceived by consensual sex. I'm beginning to think that the arguments here are so targeted to find the hypocrisy in opposing arguments that they are blind to their own hypocrisy in protecting a woman from extraordinary circumstances such as rape.

Indianapolis

#320236 Jan 5, 2014
Ooohhh! Will there be cake? And balloons? And male strippers?
One true way wrote:
Atheists like moon and vladdy are in for a big surprise!

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#320237 Jan 5, 2014
Penelope wrote:
Why do you consider equal rights and reproductive rights "strange things?"

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#320238 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
I've always considered the gender of the earlier Godzilas to be female, with the masculine pronoun being a mistranslation. It makes no sense otherwise; it requires there be a second Godzillette to lay the egg but who is never seen or spoken of. Nor am I a fan of the american version, either.
The sequel to the new one takes place on "Celebrity Rehab."
<quoted text>
Afternoon "Pete."
Dude, seriously...?
We're talking about Godzilla here...since when has any Godzilla movie made any sense?
If I remember correctly--from what I've read--the film industry in Japan was going through something of a "bust" period in the mid 60's. Toho, the company that created Godzilla, seemed to be the only marketable group at the time. They did quite a few genres, but none seemed to be more profitable than the "kaiju" one. Their Godzilla, and similar "kaiju" characters, not only brought in money at the local box office--they'd become internationally recognized and adored/loathed. Also, as the films progressed, the "kaiju" were gradually seen as "sympathetic" as opposed to the "terror" the original Godzilla film was attempting to instill.
As far as I can tell, the only "kaiju," or "monster," that Toho presented--at that time--as being feminine/female was Mothra. This, I think, was a strategic attempt to on Toho's part to lure more women/girls into the theater seats to help shore-up ticket sales.
By the time the film industry in Japan was faltering, Toho felt the best way to get audiences into theaters was to make their "kaiju" more child-friendly. Therefore, we see the transition of Godzilla from "bad" monster to "good" monster. By the time they decided on "Son of Godzilla," they'd already figured, "kids are the ones who react most strongly to this character so...let's give him a kid."
Seems they were right in their assessment; the movie "Destroy All Monsters!" was supposed to be the final farewell to Godzilla and friends, yet Toho kept churning out thoroughly idiotic, but "endearing" films through the 70's.
They didn't pick up again until the mid 80's, and that, was...disappointing--to say the least!

Admittedly looking forward to your "prescient" sequel...

Would love to see Godzilla in a "smack-down" with Lindsey Lohan, or irradiating Miley Cyrus any one of the "Kardashians!"
Now there's a sequel I can get behind!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#320239 Jan 5, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
Ooohhh! Will there be cake? And balloons? And male strippers?
<quoted text>
I guess we're being honored for something...sweet!

Indianapolis

#320240 Jan 5, 2014
The last thing we need are radiation-mutated Kardashians....reproducing with their giant designer egg sacs, setting forth their self-absorbed spawn which will subsist on make-up and the tears of children until they grow old enough to make their own sex videos...

The horror, the horror!
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Afternoon "Pete."
Dude, seriously...?
We're talking about Godzilla here...since when has any Godzilla movie made any sense?
If I remember correctly--from what I've read--the film industry in Japan was going through something of a "bust" period in the mid 60's. Toho, the company that created Godzilla, seemed to be the only marketable group at the time. They did quite a few genres, but none seemed to be more profitable than the "kaiju" one. Their Godzilla, and similar "kaiju" characters, not only brought in money at the local box office--they'd become internationally recognized and adored/loathed. Also, as the films progressed, the "kaiju" were gradually seen as "sympathetic" as opposed to the "terror" the original Godzilla film was attempting to instill.
As far as I can tell, the only "kaiju," or "monster," that Toho presented--at that time--as being feminine/female was Mothra. This, I think, was a strategic attempt to on Toho's part to lure more women/girls into the theater seats to help shore-up ticket sales.
By the time the film industry in Japan was faltering, Toho felt the best way to get audiences into theaters was to make their "kaiju" more child-friendly. Therefore, we see the transition of Godzilla from "bad" monster to "good" monster. By the time they decided on "Son of Godzilla," they'd already figured, "kids are the ones who react most strongly to this character so...let's give him a kid."
Seems they were right in their assessment; the movie "Destroy All Monsters!" was supposed to be the final farewell to Godzilla and friends, yet Toho kept churning out thoroughly idiotic, but "endearing" films through the 70's.
They didn't pick up again until the mid 80's, and that, was...disappointing--to say the least!
Admittedly looking forward to your "prescient" sequel...
Would love to see Godzilla in a "smack-down" with Lindsey Lohan, or irradiating Miley Cyrus any one of the "Kardashians!"
Now there's a sequel I can get behind!
Queen petey

Niantic, CT

#320242 Jan 6, 2014
Theres nothing more depraved than a couple of male cornholers going at each others butts drilling for chit.
Queen petey

Niantic, CT

#320243 Jan 6, 2014
cpeter1313 wrote:
The last thing we need are radiation-mutated Kardashians....reproducing with their giant designer egg sacs, setting forth their self-absorbed spawn which will subsist on make-up and the tears of children until they grow old enough to make their own sex videos...
The horror, the horror!
<quoted text>
We dont need any more of you useless gayboys around either.
You got the right to fork each other up the ass and thats all you need.
Polygamy is not legal so why should gayboy marriage be legal? Just to satisfy a few whiny crybabies?
Fukyaall go back to your closets ya
Freakazoids.

Your dooshie little retorts on here dont change the fact that your a sickfuck boy.
Queen petey

Niantic, CT

#320244 Jan 6, 2014
You like having sperm dribbling down ur ass boy?
Penelope

United States

#320246 Jan 6, 2014
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we're being honored for something...sweet!
Vladdy is pissed atcha moonbeam because you spoke up for Phil Robertson's right to free speech. You gotta understand that the average homosexual wants to beef about being shafted (lol!) out of their rights but don't give a flying fig about the rights of anyone who has a different view point.

Homosexuals are like that always beefin about not getting their rights and then getting all upset when the faithful speak their minds. The faithful don't support the homosexual lifestyle and when they use their right to speak their opinions the homosexuals suddenly stop thinking about anyone elses rights but their own. They want to flaunt their sexual lifestyle with their pride parades and demanding gay marriage but don't you go saying your opinions if you don't believe gays should marry cuz those rights loving gays suddenly can't tolerate other people having rights.

The gays think everything should revolve around them. Only about 10% of the population is homosexual but they think everything is supposed to go their way because they think they're special or something.

Whining little pissant farts!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Aquarius-WY 1,549,544
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Fitius T Bluster 20,947
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Ms Sassy 63,859
Poll Do you report neighbors for blantant ordinance ... (Jun '12) Sun Elijah 5
News Boulder, Colo., police regain lead role in JonB... (Feb '09) Jun 24 kauna 1,667
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Jun 23 Norch 164
News More Advice On Acura TL Transmission Failures A... (Apr '09) Jun 20 Dave 327

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages