Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317461 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

katie

Tacoma, WA

#319938 Dec 31, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Ink."
My wishes for a happy and healthy New Year for you and yours my friend.
"Ink," you and I don't see eye-to-eye on several subjects but, uncouth as "Morgana's" post might have been, "NR" reaps what he sows.
Neither I nor I suspect, anyone on the PC side of the aisle is going to take him seriously because of the sadistic nature the majority of his posts promote.
He treats those who disagree with the PL position with such utter contempt, disdain, and ruthless vitriolic hate, that we can't possibly take him seriously when he tries to say, "I respect Life."
He's a miserable, wretched, hate-filled troll.
I and several others have tried to have a dialogue with him but he's proven, time and again, that such efforts are utterly futile.
He's a troll, plain and simple.
Any time he tries to argue he's "standing up for the unborn," one has only to look at how he treats the "born" who disagree with him...
And there you go! The perfect example of actions speaking louder than words even in a worded format. NR's treatment of us proves he is anything but "pro life". He is a fetus worshipper all the way.
Gtown71

United States

#319939 Dec 31, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Ink."
"Ink," you and I don't see eye-to-eye on several subjects but, uncouth as "Morgana's" post might have been, "NR" reaps what he sows.
Neither I nor I suspect, anyone on the PC side of the aisle is going to take him seriously because of the sadistic nature the majority of his posts promote.
He treats those who disagree with the PL position with such utter contempt, disdain, and ruthless vitriolic hate, that we can't possibly take him seriously when he tries to say, "I respect Life."
I and several others have tried to have a dialogue with him but he's proven, time and again, that such efforts are utterly futile.
Any time he tries to argue he's "standing up for the unborn," one has only to look at how he treats the "born" who disagree with him...
I do hope you and yours have a great night John !!:)
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319940 Dec 31, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Ink."
I wasn't paying attention to who was being responded to. I have had this type of post aimed at me most of the time as I am sure you have seen. It is just so old having to ignore the name calling just to try to have a conversation. Whenever I make this comment about the name calling and rudeness I am told that I am whining. I meet with a lot of hate from the other side that seems so unneccessary and unproductive. Always good talking to you and I hope you have a wonderful New Year. My best.
Gtown71

United States

#319941 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said. It is a legal right and not a moral right. If we went by morals we would have to take it to the lowest moral level which would permit abortions right up to birth and maybe beyond. Gosnell's morals would and has taken it to post birth. We would have to accept his morals as legit and no different from our own.
I still think Gosnell was a "true" abortionist.
He seen NO difference in killing .
Babies are babies.

Sad but true in many ways.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319942 Dec 31, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>ANGELA CARDER.
As has been repeatedly pointed out, by Bitner, and Katie, and myself.
A N G E L A
C A R D E R
annnnd GO!!!
That was almost thirty years ago, wasn't it? Do you have some more up to date stories?
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319943 Dec 31, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>And we can all rest assured that yours didn't include keeping your nose out of the wombs of other people.
Abortion is legal. I am not bothering anyone.

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#319944 Dec 31, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
JohnnyCarbon12: "I have told (my daughter) that some people believe in fairy tales, and that they think their stories should be obeyed in place of a truthful understanding of reality."
I dunno, your belief system obviously lacks "truthful understanding of reality." (BTW, I like how you deleted "It's A Girl!" www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com from my post. Too much "reality" for you, hmmm?)
Let's take a peak at YOUR stated reality. Shall we?
NR: "Since you continue to claim that the preborn baby is part of mom's body, if the baby is a boy does the MOM have a penis?
JohnnyCarbon12: "yes the woman has a penis"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
JohnnyCarbon12: "Men have what is essentially a clitoris subjected to different hormones. The difference between woman and man is very slight."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
JohnnyCarbon12: "Women and men are nearly identical." http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
_________
JohnnyCarbon12: "The fact that we are immovable is why I don't much come here anymore. You have taught me all I think you can."
You realize what you support is diabolical (Hence your need to delete "It's A Girl!" from my post). But, you don't care. Empathy is a foreign concept to you...unfortunately, a concept Mr. Rogers wasn't able to teach you. You're a 'man' who lacks any regard or sympathy for the 3,200 helpless preborn babies scheduled for execution today. Your daughter already realizes her father is an unfeeling freak.
What is "immovable" is your prideful stubborness and self-absorption. You lack a working conscience.
_________
JohnnyCarbon12: "Be as peaceful as you can be."
You are an apologist for intentionally killing little human beings in the womb. Try again.
Don't get over excited about my trimming the link. I admit I did not bother following it, but more importantly I did not realize you were providing it for me. I thought it was a sig file or something. Now I have visited the site, and I am somewhat mystified. I assumed it was some propaganda thing, but it is just a commercial service. Regardless, since it made you unhappy, I apologize for not quoting your post in full, beyond the part I was responding to.

I also thank you for providing the context links to my posts that you find so funny.

I realize what you are trying to do when you bring up my daughter, and I find it sad. I hope 2014 brings you some peace of mind.

_____

Happy new year everyone!
Bless the Child

Allentown, PA

#319945 Dec 31, 2013
" Nobody who is pro-choice is pro-abort"

My observations are not the same as yours. I wish it weren't so but if you read these posts objectively there is a clear and strong pro-abortion case being made by some very angry women. My main concern is how they became so angry and bitter. They are most assuredly anti-God.

It would not be a stretch to say that they have experienced some traumatic event sin their lives to make them so angry and bitter.

I pray they find peace in this season of Love.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#319946 Dec 31, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You people get what you deserve. Either suck it up, and stop whining about people being "nasty", or leave. No one is making you stay. Grow up.
Oh I am grown up and that is why I am so surprised by all your silly and childish comments. Most of the time I try to ignore your most stupid and superfluous arguments.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#319947 Dec 31, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
And there you go! The perfect example of actions speaking louder than words even in a worded format. NR's treatment of us proves he is anything but "pro life". He is a fetus worshipper all the way.
I'm not sure that I'd even grant him that "status."
As far as I've observed, he's a sadist.

"Katie," my best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to you and yours!
:)

Location hidden

#319948 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope you and yours have a great night John !!:)
Back-atcha "Gtown!"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#319949 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they havent.
So you just want to censor what I post. Got it.
Speaking of "cherry picking" ;)
Fight hard for the right of others to do as they please, UNLESS what they do or say displeases you.
No, I'm not trying to censor you, either. Free speech, however, goes both ways. You have the right to say what you want, and I have the right to point out what a waste of time it is.

Location hidden

#319950 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't paying attention to who was being responded to. I have had this type of post aimed at me most of the time as I am sure you have seen. It is just so old having to ignore the name calling just to try to have a conversation. Whenever I make this comment about the name calling and rudeness I am told that I am whining. I meet with a lot of hate from the other side that seems so unneccessary and unproductive. Always good talking to you and I hope you have a wonderful New Year. My best.
"Ink," my friend, I think it'd cause you a lot less grief if you would pay attention to who's post was being responded to...just a suggestion.
Rudeness knows no bounds.
We've all been rude, nasty, inconsiderate--I'm hardly guiltless in this regard.
I do try to say to myself whenever I post, "I'd like to be a better poster today than I was yesterday."
Ridiculous? Probably. Sanctimonious? Maybe, but I'll trudge on in any case...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319951 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Im gonna do you on this, like you do me on science stuff.
You simply do not understand it.
For by grace are ye saved through faith. Not of works lest any should boast.
One is saved by grace, BUT they still must accept the free gift of God. Now thats no "work" involved, such as the kind many sects try and put on others.
Do this , this, this, and that, plus remain faithful till death kinda stuff. Which would be works. Not to mention any who say it takes what Jesus did PLUS what they do in order to go to heaven, are ignorantly making themselves a"co-savior" with Christ Jesus.
But -I have a feeling you have another answer. You always do ;)
Only that you've proven again that you cherry pick the verses that say what you already believe.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319952 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said. It is a legal right and not a moral right. If we went by morals we would have to take it to the lowest moral level which would permit abortions right up to birth and maybe beyond. Gosnell's morals would and has taken it to post birth. We would have to accept his morals as legit and no different from our own.
It is a moral right. In fact, I was clear that we are not "going" by morals when it comes to the law. You idiot.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319953 Dec 31, 2013
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get over excited about my trimming the link. I admit I did not bother following it, but more importantly I did not realize you were providing it for me. I thought it was a sig file or something. Now I have visited the site, and I am somewhat mystified. I assumed it was some propaganda thing, but it is just a commercial service. Regardless, since it made you unhappy, I apologize for not quoting your post in full, beyond the part I was responding to.
I also thank you for providing the context links to my posts that you find so funny.
I realize what you are trying to do when you bring up my daughter, and I find it sad. I hope 2014 brings you some peace of mind.
_____
Happy new year everyone!
Happy New Year J!
The best to you and yours :)

Location hidden

#319954 Dec 31, 2013
Carbon-12 wrote:
<quoted text>
_____
Happy new year everyone!
Happy New Year "C-12!"

JK

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319955 Dec 31, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are speaking of Catholics / Protestants.
There are those of us, which are neither.
Again. You do not understand the subject you are trying to talk about.
Yes, actually, I do.
katie

Tacoma, WA

#319956 Dec 31, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure that I'd even grant him that "status."
As far as I've observed, he's a sadist.
"Katie," my best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year to you and yours!
You might be on to something there, but I'm hearing Al Pacino say of God, "He's a sadist!" from "Devil's Advocate". LOL

Happy New Year to you and yours (plus a few minutes to yourself here and there while taking care of others)!

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#319957 Dec 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am grown up and that is why I am so surprised by all your silly and childish comments. Most of the time I try to ignore your most stupid and superfluous arguments.
You do no such thing. You respond to 99% of my comments, mostly to whine about how mean I'm being to you. That is not the action of an adult, but a whiny baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min southerngirl 1,600,499
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Percecution 21,175
News Eastman Chemical cutting up to 300 jobs, reduci... (Mar '09) Mon Caitlyn Jenner 7
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Mon Into The Night 63,970
Sick Minded Sexual Perversion is an Abomination!! Mon TrueX 2
Cromwell-the most racist town in CT (Jun '10) Sep 14 ANONYMOUS 31
News PrideFest Draws Hundreds To Downtown Hartford Sep 12 Did Not Go 2

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages