Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310174 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318874 Dec 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A&E enforced its guidelines concerning homophobic speech employees.
<quoted text>
"homophobic speech"?
Oh please. This man gave his views on his beliefs. What's "homophobic' about THAT?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318875 Dec 21, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, fair enough.
But consider this realistic scenario; A woman used birth control, the birth control failed, she does not want want to be pregnant and did take precautions to prevent that outcome, but never-the-less she is now pregnant.
Half of society is saying, "too bad, stay pregnant, don't be a murderer". The other half of society is saying, "don't force that woman to remain pregnant against her will".
The Supreme Court made its decision. The woman prevails over the z/e/f, but the SC says it's not an absolute since elective LTAs are not legal.
That seems like the best compromise we can reach.
You miquoted the prolife position. Nobody is saying "too bad,stay pregnant,don't be a murderer". What we ARE saying is that your child (in the developing stages of the beginning of their lives)exists once you're pregnant. Killing that childs /offsprings life because mom doesn't *want* to MOTHER that child is wrong.

We all view a mother that doesn't want to MOTHER her unwanted child (after birth)as an evil criminal. We ask ourselves,why couldn't she give that child to another who WOULD "mother" her child as their own. I am sure that she has her "story" to tell to and her "excuses" but we just don't care,do we?

SUDDENLY,the rules change after birth? How convenient for the mother who wants her easy way out of it. Sounds like the fathers who decide that they don't want any part of their responibility when the take their easy way out and leave.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318876 Dec 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "What's the difference between a successful abortion which produced a living child and an induced delivery that produced a living child?
bHitler: "There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.
_____
My cousin recently underwent induced labor and delivered a beautiful baby girl.
I'll be sure to let her know that you congratulate her on her successful abortion.
LOL right? That bitler comes up with some doozies huh?

Does that mean that she think that I have had abortions too because I had induced deliveries?

GOOD grief that woman is strange.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#318877 Dec 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did.
The POINT is that the woman is no longer pregnant. That means the abortion was successful. If it's successful, it's not been botched.
Helloooo? Anyone home in there?

The POINT of an abortion is to rid the woman of her reponibilities of mothering her child. She pays to have her baby killed,NOT delivered.

What a knucklehead you are. You are embarrassing your proabortion movements agenda by making such dumb statements. PLEASE continue by all means.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318878 Dec 21, 2013
Right...either way, someone will be offended. But the network is unlikely to lose viewers of the show; the risk is losing the gay audience for other shows by siding AGAINST ITS OWN POLICIES concerning homophobic speech.
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you know that one way or the other they're gonna piss some people off. It seems crazy...it's "reality TV" and then there's an uproar because one of the people speaks an actual opinion. That gives an awful lot of weight to this guy's one opinion. Phil Robertson thinks homosexuality is a sin...is anyone actually surprised? The gay people now have the option to not watch the show, buy any of their products, and boycott the sponsors.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318879 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> No. I simply can't. I don't appreciate cat people. Besides,it wasn't funny. It was boring. I got immediately bored when I watched yet another funny <cough> cat video.
LOL YOU lighten up sweetie.
Oh my goodness people! Another prime example of "No. I simply can't."

Really sass,,, honestly? You simply can't! hahhahahaah

Awesome!

You got immediately bored, but watched it all the way through so you could state that you immediately got bored. Please, continue to be bored... makes no diff to me. Have fun with that!

I'm a cat person, and I can live with the fact that you just don't appreciate me.
You precious cutie you!

Here's something that you can cut down, make fun of, ridicule me for. You're welcome.

Location hidden

#318880 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> . PLEASE continue by all means.
okay okay,,, no need to beg.

Location hidden

#318881 Dec 21, 2013

here Sassy,,, more ammo

now make sure you aim this time..... you might hit me....

Indianapolis

#318882 Dec 21, 2013
Not all christians believe as he does, so his speech becomes nothing but an opiniong degrading gays. And the network enforced its policy.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> "homophobic speech"?
Oh please. This man gave his views on his beliefs. What's "homophobic' about THAT?

Location hidden

#318883 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The CAT'S DEMAND that everyone accepts their lifestyle whether it goes against someones beliefs or not.

Kitty is a coming after ya.... oh oh

sound effects were added for your enjoyment.

You're welcome

Location hidden

#318884 Dec 21, 2013
Crazy Cat ladey strikes again!

Indianapolis

#318885 Dec 21, 2013
The point of an abortion is to end a pregnancy. This stuff isn't hard, twit.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Helloooo? Anyone home in there?
The POINT of an abortion is to rid the woman of her reponibilities of mothering her child. She pays to have her baby killed,NOT delivered.
What a knucklehead you are. You are embarrassing your proabortion movements agenda by making such dumb statements. PLEASE continue by all means.

Location hidden

#318886 Dec 21, 2013
Just for you Sassy

(seriously people, just her)

Location hidden

#318887 Dec 21, 2013
Gotta go, my 50 cats are needing attention!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318888 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Helloooo? Anyone home in there?
An abortion is the ending of the pregnancy, whether spontaneous or induced. If it ended the pregnancy, it was successful. Period.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#318889 Dec 21, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
Gotta go, my 50 cats are needing attention!
She's a bitter old hag, isn't she? Absolutely no sense of humor.
Grown71

Tampa, FL

#318890 Dec 21, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm just curious why folks who scream equality and tolerance the most can betth most intolerant folks."
You wonder if The Dixie Chicks are asking the same question?
I'm shure they were .
Toby Keith is all about freedom of speech , yet didn't like what they had to say.
Which he had a right to say what he did as well. It's just these companies that fire folks for what's the in thing right now. Several years ago they would have gave him a raise. Since being gay was considered a mental disorder.
Grown71

Tampa, FL

#318891 Dec 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm not quite up to speed on this discussion but I must say that I'm against giving employers too much power. If I go to work and do my job as expected and to the satisfaction of my employers and then go home and write a FB post, seen by my friends there, that my company sucks, then I don't think they should have the power to reach into my "off the clock" personal life to prevent it. I could just as easily be sitting in a coffee shop with a group of friends while airing my grievances and negative opinions against my employer. If a boss should be in there buying coffee and I don't see him/her should he be able to discipline me at work the next day for my remarks? I say, no.
Some years ago I went to work at a pharmacy as a clerk and they had a package of papers for new hires to sign which "forbade" us from speaking negatively about the company outside of work. It also forbade us from drinking within 12 hours of working a shift (responsible people wouldn't drink before work anyway, I hope) and the 12 hours AFTER working a shift. I didn't even really drink much, but c'mon. How much fkn reach into our personal lives do employers want.
When I'm on the clock I do things their way, off the clock my life is none of their business.
I was told that if I even state where I work on fb, that I could be fired. If I wrote anything negative then I would be fired. Great policy :)

As a Christian preacher I don't know why they expected Phil to say anything other than what he said .

I can see a day when any reference to bible passages being considered hate speech.

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318892 Dec 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay agenda lacks discipline. It's violating others' religious freedoms and will undoubtedly experience societal push-back. It's straight "supporters" are now beginning to see that the "tolerance" horseshit your kind speaks is a manipulative ruse. You morons are going to marginalize yourselves w/ your own intolerance. Keep up the good work!
"A Colorado judge says a Christian baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs" http://conservativeread.com/judge-says-baker-...
Oregan baker:ďI didnít do the cake because of my convictions for their lifestyle. It is my right as a business owner. It is my right, and itís not to discriminate against them. Itís not so much to do with them, itís to do with me and my walk with God and what I will answer [to] him for"
http://www.salon.com/2013/02/04/oregon_baker_...
Christian baker faces boycott from homosexuals for refusing to make cake for lesbian wedding reception
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...
(Erm, that's exactly what Christian baker wants - for same-sex wedding couples to go elsewhere. Nice move, Vaseline.)
Flower shop owner sued for for refusing gay wedding
http://gnli.christianpost.com/video/flower-sh...
Squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, but the Vaseline.
Keep up the good work estranging society!!
"We are prohibited from donating blood. Boo-hoo......."
If religious freedom includes discriminatory practices then you should have no problem with others denying a service and discriminating against christians....correct?

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#318893 Dec 22, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Progressives" are "tolerant" until you disagree with them.
Phil Robertson quoted the Bible as a source for his opposition to homosexual lifestyle. If anything, the left has demonstrated intolerance to his religious beliefs and views.
I oppose same-sex marriage. Gays preach "tolerance," so I expect them to make an effort to tolerate my views.
Brainwashed fanatical christians, are not tolerant at all when disagreed with, much like the taliban....your point?

Now tell me, are you one of those christians that would like to see the taliban wiped out? If so why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,251,319
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 53,952
Electric heat Cromwell hills (Jul '14) 1 hr Mslmike 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr Gomer 20,056
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 70,142
Review: Nirenstein Horowitz And Associates (Sep '12) 22 hr AnthonyI15 44
News Boy, 11, drowns in Brentwood pool (Jun '08) Jun 29 tom wingo 48
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages