Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311496 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#318865 Dec 21, 2013
I agree in terms of most companies, but show business is more dependant on public opinion than most other industries. The network has a right to protect its brand, and every contract includes language to that effect. When he broke policy in a public appearance, they had every right to mitigate the damage.
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm not quite up to speed on this discussion but I must say that I'm against giving employers too much power. If I go to work and do my job as expected and to the satisfaction of my employers and then go home and write a FB post, seen by my friends there, that my company sucks, then I don't think they should have the power to reach into my "off the clock" personal life to prevent it. I could just as easily be sitting in a coffee shop with a group of friends while airing my grievances and negative opinions against my employer. If a boss should be in there buying coffee and I don't see him/her should he be able to discipline me at work the next day for my remarks? I say, no.
Some years ago I went to work at a pharmacy as a clerk and they had a package of papers for new hires to sign which "forbade" us from speaking negatively about the company outside of work. It also forbade us from drinking within 12 hours of working a shift (responsible people wouldn't drink before work anyway, I hope) and the 12 hours AFTER working a shift. I didn't even really drink much, but c'mon. How much fkn reach into our personal lives do employers want.
When I'm on the clock I do things their way, off the clock my life is none of their business.

Indianapolis

#318866 Dec 21, 2013
This was a corporate decision, twit, because this hilljack didn't follow guidelines as his contract demands. He signed it and took the money, so he's bound by it. "Gays" had nothing to do with it.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
"Progressives" are "tolerant" until you disagree with them.
Phil Robertson quoted the Bible as a source for his opposition to homosexual lifestyle. If anything, the left has demonstrated intolerance to his religious beliefs and views.
I oppose same-sex marriage. Gays preach "tolerance," so I expect them to make an effort to tolerate my views.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#318867 Dec 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I agree in terms of most companies, but show business is more dependant on public opinion than most other industries. The network has a right to protect its brand, and every contract includes language to that effect. When he broke policy in a public appearance, they had every right to mitigate the damage.
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you know that one way or the other they're gonna piss some people off. It seems crazy...it's "reality TV" and then there's an uproar because one of the people speaks an actual opinion. That gives an awful lot of weight to this guy's one opinion. Phil Robertson thinks homosexuality is a sin...is anyone actually surprised? The gay people now have the option to not watch the show, buy any of their products, and boycott the sponsors.
Raymond Burr
#318869 Dec 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
This was a corporate decision, twit, because this hilljack didn't follow guidelines as his contract demands. He signed it and took the money, so he's bound by it. "Gays" had nothing to do with it.
<quoted text>
Around the holidays my thoughts always and inevitably return to you and your cottage cheese-like backside. Yum....
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318870 Dec 21, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text> Your views are not what the gay population objects to. It's your ACTIONS affecting that population, such as denying them equal rights to the legal benefits of marriage, which are frowned upon.
Phil Robertson's views are still available on News stands everywhere, and the upcoming season's shows have already been recorded - they include Mr. Robertson, and will air with his performances intact. He has not been censored by the government, nor has he been imprisoned....which means his First Amendment rights are intact as well.
The First Amendment does not guarantee one continued employment, in the event your free speech writes checks your responsibility to your employer won't cash. In other words, welcome to 'Right to Work', fella.
Practice your religion on yourself, leave others out of it, and you won't keep having these problems.
Yes it is his views that the gay population objects to. If one quotes the bible,the gays attack the person personally,hence the reason why the "homophobe" remarks fly. For those who believe in the bible,homosexuality is a sin according to God. He loves the sinner,not the sin. Gays show zero tolerance toward anyone who believes differently then them.

Phil Robertsons is being personally attacked for his beliefs. Heck, Cracker barrel even removed his items so not to *offend* people. Is that a joke?

Such displays of hypocriscy ,hate and intolerance.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318871 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, but you know that one way or the other they're gonna piss some people off. It seems crazy...it's "reality TV" and then there's an uproar because one of the people speaks an actual opinion. That gives an awful lot of weight to this guy's one opinion. Phil Robertson thinks homosexuality is a sin...is anyone actually surprised? The gay people now have the option to not watch the show, buy any of their products, and boycott the sponsors.
They won't just brush off anothers belief. They DEMAND that everyone accepts their lifestyle whether it goes against someones beliefs or not.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318872 Dec 21, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember writing this sentence? "With respect to the STATE'S IMPORTANT AND LEGITIMATE INTEREST IN POTENTIAL LIFE, the "compelling" point is at viability."
How about you point out exactly where you found this in the cut and paste I supplied along with the link? Because everything quoted for your benefit was also for the benefit of others. The state does NOT have "important and legitimate" interest in potential life. Just like CPtr said, the state has its interests where it deems it has its interests. Roe v Wade says these interests must be "tailored to the recognized state interests." Not once did I read the state has specific interests in potential life. So, how about you provide the quote and link from Roe v Wade stating it does. Verbatim.
Did you hear about the comatose woman from Texas ,who is being kept alive (against her husbands wishes) in order to keep her 14 week old baby alive until that baby can be delivered. The unborn ARE reconized and protected after all.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318873 Dec 21, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>((sigh)) can't you take it for what it was meant for. Lighten up, once in a while take your caps lock off and enjoy something else. Appreciate it for what it is.
I sure enjoyed it Bitner! Thanks
No. I simply can't. I don't appreciate cat people. Besides,it wasn't funny. It was boring. I got immediately bored when I watched yet another funny <cough> cat video.

LOL YOU lighten up sweetie.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318874 Dec 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
A&E enforced its guidelines concerning homophobic speech employees.
<quoted text>
"homophobic speech"?
Oh please. This man gave his views on his beliefs. What's "homophobic' about THAT?
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318875 Dec 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay, fair enough.
But consider this realistic scenario; A woman used birth control, the birth control failed, she does not want want to be pregnant and did take precautions to prevent that outcome, but never-the-less she is now pregnant.
Half of society is saying, "too bad, stay pregnant, don't be a murderer". The other half of society is saying, "don't force that woman to remain pregnant against her will".
The Supreme Court made its decision. The woman prevails over the z/e/f, but the SC says it's not an absolute since elective LTAs are not legal.
That seems like the best compromise we can reach.
You miquoted the prolife position. Nobody is saying "too bad,stay pregnant,don't be a murderer". What we ARE saying is that your child (in the developing stages of the beginning of their lives)exists once you're pregnant. Killing that childs /offsprings life because mom doesn't *want* to MOTHER that child is wrong.

We all view a mother that doesn't want to MOTHER her unwanted child (after birth)as an evil criminal. We ask ourselves,why couldn't she give that child to another who WOULD "mother" her child as their own. I am sure that she has her "story" to tell to and her "excuses" but we just don't care,do we?

SUDDENLY,the rules change after birth? How convenient for the mother who wants her easy way out of it. Sounds like the fathers who decide that they don't want any part of their responibility when the take their easy way out and leave.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318876 Dec 21, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink: "What's the difference between a successful abortion which produced a living child and an induced delivery that produced a living child?
bHitler: "There would only be a difference if two different procedures were performed, or in the timing. Otherwise, none. The pregnancy is over in both cases, and that's what both the abortion and the induction were for.
_____
My cousin recently underwent induced labor and delivered a beautiful baby girl.
I'll be sure to let her know that you congratulate her on her successful abortion.
LOL right? That bitler comes up with some doozies huh?

Does that mean that she think that I have had abortions too because I had induced deliveries?

GOOD grief that woman is strange.
sassyjm

Cresskill, NJ

#318877 Dec 21, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you did.
The POINT is that the woman is no longer pregnant. That means the abortion was successful. If it's successful, it's not been botched.
Helloooo? Anyone home in there?

The POINT of an abortion is to rid the woman of her reponibilities of mothering her child. She pays to have her baby killed,NOT delivered.

What a knucklehead you are. You are embarrassing your proabortion movements agenda by making such dumb statements. PLEASE continue by all means.

Indianapolis

#318878 Dec 21, 2013
Right...either way, someone will be offended. But the network is unlikely to lose viewers of the show; the risk is losing the gay audience for other shows by siding AGAINST ITS OWN POLICIES concerning homophobic speech.
<quoted text>

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#318879 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> No. I simply can't. I don't appreciate cat people. Besides,it wasn't funny. It was boring. I got immediately bored when I watched yet another funny <cough> cat video.
LOL YOU lighten up sweetie.
Oh my goodness people! Another prime example of "No. I simply can't."

Really sass,,, honestly? You simply can't! hahhahahaah

Awesome!

You got immediately bored, but watched it all the way through so you could state that you immediately got bored. Please, continue to be bored... makes no diff to me. Have fun with that!

I'm a cat person, and I can live with the fact that you just don't appreciate me.
You precious cutie you!

Here's something that you can cut down, make fun of, ridicule me for. You're welcome.

Location hidden

#318880 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> . PLEASE continue by all means.
okay okay,,, no need to beg.

Location hidden

#318881 Dec 21, 2013

here Sassy,,, more ammo

now make sure you aim this time..... you might hit me....

Indianapolis

#318882 Dec 21, 2013
Not all christians believe as he does, so his speech becomes nothing but an opiniong degrading gays. And the network enforced its policy.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> "homophobic speech"?
Oh please. This man gave his views on his beliefs. What's "homophobic' about THAT?

Location hidden

#318883 Dec 21, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> The CAT'S DEMAND that everyone accepts their lifestyle whether it goes against someones beliefs or not.

Kitty is a coming after ya.... oh oh

sound effects were added for your enjoyment.

You're welcome

Location hidden

#318884 Dec 21, 2013
Crazy Cat ladey strikes again!

Indianapolis

#318885 Dec 21, 2013
The point of an abortion is to end a pregnancy. This stuff isn't hard, twit.
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Helloooo? Anyone home in there?
The POINT of an abortion is to rid the woman of her reponibilities of mothering her child. She pays to have her baby killed,NOT delivered.
What a knucklehead you are. You are embarrassing your proabortion movements agenda by making such dumb statements. PLEASE continue by all means.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,405,017
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr Ize Found 70,836
Woman Stabbed, Man Shot Within Hours Of One Ano... (Aug '09) 11 hr TorresHtfdCt 95
News Why Suzanne Somers loves bioidentical hormones (Jun '09) 13 hr Chaimpie 93
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr stupid republicans 20,391
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Tue silly rabbit 81

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages