Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 318275 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#316606 Nov 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well in reality I give God the credit, since I was for abortion, just prior to this, and who else had a better senerio to not have a child?
I talked her out of an abortion, but it was still Gods deal.
@@ liar. Not what you said happened.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316607 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
When others' lives & deaths are all about you, you're called a narcissist.
If intertwined with this narcissism is a selfishness at all cost (including execution of innocents for convenience-sake), then you're also a sociopath.
"My grandma is weird."
That is what caught my attention. Her post was all about how everything affected her and not much about the fact that the miscarriages were real people and what life may have offered them. For some reason God took her children home early. If they were my children, I would expect to know eventually.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#316609 Nov 26, 2013
Really? When did I make a blanket statement about killing all fetuses?

How are fetuses disadvantaged? By not owning the woman's body?
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
cPeterProselytize: "...try to care for our disadvantaged"
You forgot to add: "...except for those of you in the womb. We'll kill you."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316610 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what caught my attention. Her post was all about how everything affected her and not much about the fact that the miscarriages were real people and what life may have offered them. For some reason God took her children home early. If they were my children, I would expect to know eventually.
And yet another idiot, Ink, who can't remember that the conversation was ABOUT a woman's feelings regarding a miscarriage vs the death of a child. When a person is told "ask a woman who has had a miscarriage", and the person answering has had both happen, what SHOULD their answer be about, Witless?

You and No Relevance are too stupid for words to convey properly.

Indianapolis

#316611 Nov 26, 2013
You have no idea what "sociopathy" means.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
SassyJM: "Katie, you are fighting me for the right to KILL them AND I AM THE "EVIL" ONE KATIE????????"
Katie just doesn't get it. She uses the pain she experienced from her daughter's death as a reason mothers should have the right to intentionally kill their daughters in the womb.
In her deluded & convoluted mind, it all makes sense. To right minded individuals, she's a complex sociopath.

Indianapolis

#316612 Nov 26, 2013
Well, no wonder she got off...a twelve trimester fetus would be deAd regardless of her actions.
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie Van der Sloot: "it was my fetus, my pregnancy, my business."
That's what Casey Anthony thought about her 12-trimester-old daughter Caylee. Stay out of Casey's business, Katie. Let her kill her daughter...it's HER business.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#316613 Nov 26, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad...and now we can be taking care of business 24/7. We can be talking to Jake from State Farm at 3 in the morning instead of sleeping in bed.
And people wonder why they're stressed.
Onth, there are many people, like me, who sleep during the day and work all night and on weekends. When I need to talk to Jake at State Farm, it's nice that I don't have to lose sleep to do it. Maybe Jake likes his hours as much as I do. Not everyone lives on a traditional schedule.

Location hidden

#316614 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Because a-holes keep passing unnecessary laws intended to impede access to legal abortions. Are you being intentionally idiotic, or do you have no choice in the matter?
<quoted text>
As usual, Ink insists on refusing to acknowledge that her champions continue to try to chip away at our rights on the state and local levels. She's an incredibly obtuse person. She wishes we were as silly as her, but that's impossible.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316615 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Onth, there are many people, like me, who sleep during the day and work all night and on weekends. When I need to talk to Jake at State Farm, it's nice that I don't have to lose sleep to do it. Maybe Jake likes his hours as much as I do. Not everyone lives on a traditional schedule.
Couldn't you call Jake now? You seem to be awake.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316616 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie has shared her views and sentiments for years in this Abortion Forum. Based on her proclamations, human beings lack value in and of themselves. They only posess value as they relate to HER.

We see this belief system extended to her own children. They are there for her, & outside that purpose they lack intrinsic value.

With such a narcissistic perspective of others, its easy to see how Katie can spend her days promoting the execution of small human beings in utero....easy to see how she can refer to them as "useless clumps of cells."

When she's feeling empty and in need of an identity (also known as the emotional "trigger"), Katie will call upon her preborn son Aaron and 16 y/o daughter. Will she discuss their intrinsic value? No. She will discuss them AS THEY RELATE TO HER.("I....me...mine....m yself....I didn't.....me....I...")

She's a mess.

"My grandma is really, really weird."

Indianapolis

#316617 Nov 26, 2013
Guess what? Corpses don't give a crap about death, or anything else. BTW...all emotioNal responses are first-person, idiot. Empathy is understanding other people's emotions through your own perceptions.

Every response to a situation, if honest, is the correct response. YOUR narcissism...the presumption that only you are the correct model for everyone else...is showing. For instance, you know full well that the fetus is viewed differently by different people based on individual philosophy, but you insist only your viewpoint is legitimate, o vain Narcissus.
No Relativism wrote:
When others' lives & deaths are all about you, you're called a narcissist.
If intertwined with this narcissism is a selfishness at all cost (including execution of innocents for convenience-sake), then you're also a sociopath.
"My grandma is weird."
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316618 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Well, no wonder she got off...a twelve trimester fetus would be deAd regardless of her actions.
<quoted text>
I used "trimester" as the measurement of time for a human beings human-life spectrum. Our life is on a continuum from conception until natural death.

The reason you're not comfortable with "trimester" as the measuring unit of time along another's life continuum is because it complicates YOUR intent to randomly demarcate who should die.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316619 Nov 26, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>As usual, Ink insists on refusing to acknowledge that her champions continue to try to chip away at our rights on the state and local levels. She's an incredibly obtuse person. She wishes we were as silly as her, but that's impossible.
People are getting a little queasy of late regarding the execution on unborn lives as they become aware of the reality of the life in the womb. Sonogram pictures of preborns and images of dismembered fetuses make for a graphic reality check. It is hard to be so self centered when you see the results of the act of abortion. Public sentiment is thankfully, changing.

Location hidden

#316620 Nov 26, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but agree wholeheartedly.
This is a strange sort of phenomena I've witnessed lately with some members of the PLM. They seem as though they're genuinely insulted by the fact that they're actually "winning" by fits-and-starts the whole argument regarding abortion. More and more people who identify themselves as Pro-Choice, are agreeing that there ought to be reasonable restrictions as to when, where, how, and even "why," abortions shihould be performed.
It would seem that public opinion--for the most part--is trending against "Late-Term-Abortions, " and yet we have our darling "Sassafrass," attempting to argue that if we dare to embrace such a notion, we're not "PC."
Talk about "sore-winners!"
Exactly. The woman was brow-beating me for a couple of days, recently, about the fact that some pro-choicers support some restrictions on abortion and others don't. She seems upset that we are all pro-choice. She's a very strange person.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316621 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Really? When did I make a blanket statement about killing all fetuses?
How are fetuses disadvantaged? By not owning the woman's body?
<quoted text>
cPeterPretend: "How are fetuses disadvantaged?"

By size, for one. They are confined as an adult seeks them out with a sharp curette, pair of forceps, and/or suction tube.

That was a dumb question.

Now you'll go on to talk about how gays are discriminated against and need extra protections.

Protect gays! Kill babies in the womb!

The juxtaposition of your views is pathetic.

You're a lonely, miserable, sick old man.

Location hidden

#316622 Nov 26, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! The label one puts on one's self is not really important.
It was funny...I thought Sassy would be somewhat happy that I don't think LTAs are a good thing...yet that sent her into alternating fits of rage and imbecilic (you're not really PC ah gagagagaga!) laughter.
I think that whole attitude shows that it isn't about a cause, but rather control. A sort of...*if I can't control what you do/think/believe then I'll control what you call yourself* kind of thinking.
<sigh>
Monday again already...have a good one!
You nailed it, right there.
No Relativism

Chicago, IL

#316623 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Guess what? Corpses don't give a crap about death, or anything else. BTW...all emotioNal responses are first-person, idiot. Empathy is understanding other people's emotions through your own perceptions.
Every response to a situation, if honest, is the correct response. YOUR narcissism...the presumption that only you are the correct model for everyone else...is showing. For instance, you know full well that the fetus is viewed differently by different people based on individual philosophy, but you insist only your viewpoint is legitimate, o vain Narcissus.
<quoted text>
cPeter, you wouldn't understand empathy. You wouldn't understand a "functioning conscience" if it hit you between your deep-set, closely-positioned eyes.

You go around using other men's bodies for mutual masterbation. YOU get what YOU need, and move on. That's the culture you espouse, and choose to exist in.

This attitude towards others extends to the most vulnerable amoung us: those in the womb. Your "all about me" approach excludes defenseless boys & girls in utero...to the point of their death.

You see, such proabort propaganda reinforces your life of debauchery. "If I can get society to accept self-centeredness at all costs, it will excuse my self-absorbed gay lifestyle."

Culture-Of-Death cronies need to scratch each others' backs to become/remain mainstream.

That's why over 90% of gays support executing babies in the womb. That said, y'all still believe it is appopriate to DEMAND TOLERANCE for yourselves. Irony at its worst.

Location hidden

#316624 Nov 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you heteros could get past vaginal/penile penetration as the only "real" sex, you could have great times with no pregnancy.
<quoted text>
Ink is obviously a very unimaginative lover.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316625 Nov 26, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie has shared her views and sentiments for years in this Abortion Forum. Based on her proclamations, human beings lack value in and of themselves. They only posess value as they relate to HER.
We see this belief system extended to her own children. They are there for her, & outside that purpose they lack intrinsic value.
With such a narcissistic perspective of others, its easy to see how Katie can spend her days promoting the execution of small human beings in utero....easy to see how she can refer to them as "useless clumps of cells."
When she's feeling empty and in need of an identity (also known as the emotional "trigger"), Katie will call upon her preborn son Aaron and 16 y/o daughter. Will she discuss their intrinsic value? No. She will discuss them AS THEY RELATE TO HER.("I....me...mine....m yself....I didn't.....me....I...")
She's a mess.
"My grandma is really, really weird."
Again, since you ignored my valid question before (like the coward you are), given that the question was about women and THEIR feelings about THEIR miscarriages vs the death of THEIR child, WHOSE perspective SHOULD she have posted from?

Location hidden

#316626 Nov 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can rationalize the killing of unborn babies any way you want but the fetus is the same entity as the newborn, just as human and just as much a son or daughter.
That's your opinion, and I support your right to act upon it when considering your personal decisions on your own pregnancies. As long as you don't expect your personal opinion to mandate what any other woman is allowed to do about her own pregnancies, it's all good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min old_moose 1,618,510
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr why 21,286
News Arizona sex offender convicted in child ruse ca... (Apr '09) 19 hr Desert Toad 4
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Tue Thomas Archer 9
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) Mon kdkapitt 21
News Two Charged In Connection With Bloomfield Murder (Mar '09) Oct 15 Law school gradua... 27
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Oct 12 Armson 64,003

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages