Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310311 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#316149 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd know, wouldn't you? All the while determining what pregnant women *should* do rather than allowing them to do what is right for their families, themselves, their circumstances.
Not really. Pregnant women have access to abortion clinics.

Killing unborn children for their families, themselves and circumstances is not for the faint hearted.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316150 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a big ego to decide who lives and who dies.
Like euthanizing a pet. Oh wait; pets are inferior to us humans and that makes it ok!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#316151 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is your point? If you kill it, for sure it won't be a newborn.
Damn, you're dumb. I said what the point was, that your statement was incorrect. Abortion was beside the point, not a part of it.

Breathe in.....breathe out. Give that poor struggling brain cell it's much needed oxygen before it dies on you. Clearly it's the only one you have left.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316152 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, like you are? Giving the embryo/fetus -- not born, not a citizen -- civil rights taken from the woman pregnant with it?
Try to twist that into a knot, honey.
Do you think we will learn even more about the ability of the fetus to react to stimuli?

http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20130102/babie...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316153 Nov 19, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Like euthanizing a pet. Oh wait; pets are inferior to us humans and that makes it ok!
Humans are euthanized too.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316154 Nov 19, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone who says she bases her beliefs on the appropriateness to kill babies in utero on "science," Katie sure leans heavily on her subjective "philosophy" nonsense.
______
Katie V. posted: NR weirdly personifies that potential life in the womb into the equivalence of a newborn.
As early as 5-7wks gestation, mom can find out "It's A Girl!"...or..."It's A Boy!"
www.TellMePinkOrBlue.com
_______
Katie V. posted: "You'd think NR had a romantic vision of newborns playing inside their mothers' wombs."
"My grandma is weird. She spends her time trying to kill babies in the womb. She's a nutcase." - Katie's granddaughter
I remember you interrupting a philosophical discussion inserting your claim that human and human being are synonymous in an attempt to discredit the philosophy of human being. You did this without taking into consideration the philosophy surrounding what it entails being a human being.

You've simplified the entire matter down in your mind to a claim that the embryo/fetus is human and its being in the womb is exactly where it belongs. Therefore, the embryo/fetus is a human being. Don't think that has ever been forgotten smug boy.

As for what you've posted above, none of it matters because it makes no sense in the context I was posting.

Since the abortion issue isn't about "killing babies" but on a very superficial level, I post over and over and over again so nutcases like you can understand -- I support women's civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy, even when they're pregnant.

Are you ever going to get this right, NR? Or are you going to keep wasting time?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#316155 Nov 19, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
those who think they can determine when a human life has value and is worth protecting, are practicing the ultimate in deity playing.
Oh the irony; you're trying to do the exact same thing!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#316156 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just plain nuts, my friend. I'll let someone else respond to you.
You have nothing with which to refute me, so you're content to call me 'nuts' and run away.

Sadistic cowards are plentiful around here, but you and sASSy vie for the title of queen in that department.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316157 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie said;
Even though the fetus has no ability to be anything beyond potential human being until outside the womb.
Didn't your lost fetus look like a baby? My grandson sure did.
Interesting that you call your child a fetus, we called ours Julian.
I called mine Aaron. And still do. But my girls don't think they have a dead brother. They know I lost a pregnancy.

They have a deceased sister, though. And miss her like crazy.

I certainly know the differences between losing an 8wk embryo, a 23wk fetus, and a 16yr old daughter.

The two in utero were unknowns, dreams that never came true. My youngest was a life. A bright sparkle of life taken much too soon.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316158 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You have nothing with which to refute me, so you're content to call me 'nuts' and run away.
Sadistic cowards are plentiful around here, but you and sASSy vie for the title of queen in that department.
I don't know where to start. Everything you said is so off the wall. I guess I would just disagree with everything you said.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316159 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we will learn even more about the ability of the fetus to react to stimuli?
Uh-huh. Refute what she said, rather than changing the subject to one that suits your agenda, and inadvertently proves her point...

A reminder: she SAID that your faction is more concerned with the civil rights of a non-born person than a born one. Any born one, but especially female born ones.

I'll wait for you to ACTUALLY address this...and I'll probably be old and gray before you even attempt such a thing.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316160 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I called mine Aaron. And still do. But my girls don't think they have a dead brother. They know I lost a pregnancy.
They have a deceased sister, though. And miss her like crazy.
I certainly know the differences between losing an 8wk embryo, a 23wk fetus, and a 16yr old daughter.
The two in utero were unknowns, dreams that never came true. My youngest was a life. A bright sparkle of life taken much too soon.
I am truly sorry for all your losses but I believe that the unborn babies were every bit as human and loved by God as your daughter.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#316161 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But she can't be miserable about having given up her child, because that wouldn't fit your narrow, confined, short-sighted and obtuse script.
You obviously have no sympathy for women who relinquish their babies and aren't dancing in the streets as a result, but instead spend months and years regretting that particular decision. Especially the ones for whom it doesn't turn out the way it did for 'Rose', and her grands.
Pardon me while I puke.
I have an idea...why doesn't everyone allow women to take responsibility for their own decisions? Sometimes people do regret decisions that they make (sometimes very serious regrets for very serious decisions,) and have to deal with the consequences of that. What a concept, eh? These busybodies need to stay the hell out of a woman's private medical matters, already.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316162 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where to start. Everything you said is so off the wall. I guess I would just disagree with everything you said.
Of course you would - it all fails to support your bullshit reasons for wanting women to relinquish their babies rather than aborting them.

I can't help it that you think the truth is 'nuts' and 'off the wall', but rather than argue about it BEING the truth, you'd prefer to keep tripping over the ever-growing pile of feces you try to convince me is truth.

You refuse to look at any other numbers but the ones you're so 'appalled' by, even when it's pointed out that they haven't changed for the worse, but for the better...because you can't use THOSE facts to advance your cause of obligating fertile women to gestate for the inferts.

Too fuggin bad.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#316163 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am truly sorry for all your losses but I believe that the unborn babies were every bit as human and loved by God as your daughter.
You also think what you 'believe' is so important that it should outweigh the personal reproductive decisions of any and every given pregnant woman who would make a decision of which you don't approve.

We get it. We just don't care what you believe. Now go pound sand.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316164 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is fascinating. The last ten weeks of pregnancy -- of which your link discusses -- is a very interesting time for near term fetuses.

There aren't any legal abortions at this time, either. But you probably overlooked it in your zeal to strip women of their civil rights. Or the pesky fact most induced abortion occur during the 8th week of pregnancy. Not the 30th week you're alluding to in your above post.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316165 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you would - it all fails to support your bullshit reasons for wanting women to relinquish their babies rather than aborting them.
I can't help it that you think the truth is 'nuts' and 'off the wall', but rather than argue about it BEING the truth, you'd prefer to keep tripping over the ever-growing pile of feces you try to convince me is truth.
You refuse to look at any other numbers but the ones you're so 'appalled' by, even when it's pointed out that they haven't changed for the worse, but for the better...because you can't use THOSE facts to advance your cause of obligating fertile women to gestate for the inferts.
Too fuggin bad.
It isn't the truth and you need anger management.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316166 Nov 19, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is fascinating. The last ten weeks of pregnancy -- of which your link discusses -- is a very interesting time for near term fetuses.
There aren't any legal abortions at this time, either. But you probably overlooked it in your zeal to strip women of their civil rights. Or the pesky fact most induced abortion occur during the 8th week of pregnancy. Not the 30th week you're alluding to in your above post.
There are legal abortions done in the third trimester. It kept Tiller and Gosnell and plenty of others in lucrative businesses for years.
This has nothing to do with stripping women of their right to abort their fetuses, it has to do with the fact that these fetuses are real humans who's life nobody really has a moral right to end. Legal right yes. You are marginalizing these babies by insisting that they are less human than you. That was you once and I would fight for your life. 8 weeks is no less a human being than 30 weeks.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#316167 Nov 19, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You also think what you 'believe' is so important that it should outweigh the personal reproductive decisions of any and every given pregnant woman who would make a decision of which you don't approve.
We get it. We just don't care what you believe. Now go pound sand.
What I believe is important as it is who I am. Just as what you believe is who you are.

I am not standing in the way of anyone legally killing their unborn child.
katie

Seattle, WA

#316168 Nov 19, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can afford to believe that even as you try to invalidate my pertinent point based on something you'll (hopefully) never experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,261,868
News Gibbs College campus will be shut down (Feb '08) 3 hr musique 108
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr OzRitz 54,328
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 hr Ariel Sharon 70,139
News Police: Suspect Tried To Strangle Woman (Mar '08) 22 hr 88Erab 171
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) Mon sammar 10
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon eezy reder 20,088
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages