Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311489 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315994 Nov 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazingly safe?
Yes, actually, they are.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/hs/pubhealth/modu...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315995 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I assume you're okay with hospitals police departments, etc, being closed on major holidays, then?
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we need those people to be on the job. They also get compensated better than the average cashier/retail clerk.

If I was working in a hospital I would be glad to try and make the patients holiday a little better which (IMO) is better than ringing up more crap that will be forgotten the day after Christmas.

People are free to shop away Thanksgiving and spend their money any way they choose, but the average retail worker isn't always being given the choice to give up all or part of their holiday.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315996 Nov 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
My daughter has a combination of OCD, Toutette's and dyslexia. So yes, she was a challenge bringing up, but I love her dearly (as I do her older sister) and she is rapidly becoming a best friend. Just mentioning those challenges did not translate into hatred (bitching) for motherhood or my kids.
People on here use OCD as an insult, but the reality is that it's an anxiety disorder, not exactly what is depicted on TV shows.
I'm sincerely glad for your granddaughter because I think having passion for something is important for adding quality to our lives.
People learn about Tourette's the way they *learn* about many things...through TV shows. Tourette's is not always that obvious and diagnosing it can be challenging. Many parents, because of misconceptions perpetrated by TV, miss the actual signs.
Like in anything else, accurate information is very key.
Yes we have OCD issues too. As she gets older, she deals with it better. Good luck to you.
No Relativism

United States

#315997 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted.
What's hysterical is her saying that people have to go outside the country to adopt. That's ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands of kids available here. the reason mosT go overseas is that they don't qualify in this country; other countries are fine with selling their orphans for the right price.
<quoted text>
cPeter: "Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted."

There is a long waiting list of couples wishing to adopt these babies.

Keep up.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315998 Nov 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately we need those people to be on the job. They also get compensated better than the average cashier/retail clerk.
If I was working in a hospital I would be glad to try and make the patients holiday a little better which (IMO) is better than ringing up more crap that will be forgotten the day after Christmas.
People are free to shop away Thanksgiving and spend their money any way they choose, but the average retail worker isn't always being given the choice to give up all or part of their holiday.
Why can't folks use their common sense and realize that some professions are required to be covered 24/7 for emergencies but getting a deal on a TV isn't. Why not do your big sales some other day and close the stores. I bet they wouldn't loose a dollar in the long run.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#315999 Nov 16, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO the faith-based "traditional marriage" arrangement DOES pressure women into having children, sASSy, and it also places the husband in the position of being the woman's BOSS. Why any woman would want to be part of such a marriage is beyond me, and thank goodness I have the ability to REJECT it.
You're just pissed that I criticize "traditional marriage" by saying I think it's a bad deal for women instead of praising it to make YOU happy. Too bad. You obviously don't "get it" either; I'm not interested in making you happy. Maybe you'll figure it out this time.
What exactly do you mean by faith-based trsditional marriage? Is there such a thing? Is it that you get married only to have children? I got married because I couldn't stay away from a hot husband.
No Relativism

United States

#316000 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?
LOL
Your as believable as Elise is with her nurse stories or Foo's owning a bookstore.
LOL
Hey,speaking of foo,where is she? Back in rehab?
Bacterial vaginosis may have put her over the edge...
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316001 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Don't tout adoption as a solution to abortion when so many are NOT adopted.
What's hysterical is her saying that people have to go outside the country to adopt. That's ridiculous. There are hundreds of thousands of kids available here. the reason mosT go overseas is that they don't qualify in this country; other countries are fine with selling their orphans for the right price.
<quoted text>
Not every young couple wants to jump right in and be the parents of a teen. From experience, that takes some getting used to. Not all the children that you are talking about are adoptable. Most are entangled in the courts. If you want to adopt a really young child, many times you do have to leave the country. All the really young American babies are dead before birth.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316002 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Thanksgiving is a secular holiday. Not everyone celebrates it. It's just another choice you disapprove of.
<quoted text>
Then we need to find these people and put them in Walmart and K Mart so that the folks that do can have a nice uninterupted day.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316003 Nov 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"As I said both of them had good interactions with my children especially my youngest. They even took her into the city to see the Nutcracker at Christmas."
Oh, so now, suddenly, it's BOTH of them who "borrowed" your child? So, why didn't you mention that she ALSO would have been a good parent, like you did the hubby?
And while we're at it, you said you didn't know what the husband thought, yet not knowing you STILL let a potential "baby murderer" take your child out. AND, apparently, the ACTUAL "baby murderer" we now know.
What kind of insane, neglectful, parent allows someone they think murdered her own babies to spend time with their child? None.
And you'll notice Sassy hasn't answered that question yet, of whether or not SHE would. You know why, Ink? Because she wouldn't.
Would you let Susan Smith, provided she got out of jail, take your child places just because the two of you had "interests" together, and she "interacted well" with the child? Of course not.
Put the shovel DOWN, Ink.
I trusted that they wouldn't murder mine. They seemed to like her.

She made her choices which she has a right to do but I would personally say that she was wrong and shortchanged her life. How sad to not be able to sacrafice any part of your life for a greater good. She had more to offer than she did and that's a shame. I think of her once in a while and wonder if she has any regrets now. I wouldn't be surprised if she does. Having no family when you're older can be depressing.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316004 Nov 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every young couple wants to jump right in and be the parents of a teen. From experience, that takes some getting used to. Not all the children that you are talking about are adoptable. Most are entangled in the courts. If you want to adopt a really young child, many times you do have to leave the country. All the really young American babies are dead before birth.
Oh, what melodramatic crap.

Why must you lie so much?

Oh, yeah, the truth refutes your arguments, that's why.
No Relativism

United States

#316005 Nov 16, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Her Granddaughter was a "useless wad of cells" prior to birth.
Makes one wonder why she wanted to find out the sex of her "useless wad of cells" or to feel that "useless wad of cells" kick and move.
Psst...I bet she even PROUDLY displayed an ultra-sound picture of that "useless wad of cells" on her fridge.
What a PROUD Grandma. I am sure that she just lovesssss and spoils that former "useless wad of cells".
"My grandma is weird. She spends her time trying to justify killing babies." - Katie's granddaughter

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316006 Nov 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I trusted that they wouldn't murder mine. They seemed to like her.
She made her choices which she has a right to do but I would personally say that she was wrong and shortchanged her life. How sad to not be able to sacrafice any part of your life for a greater good. She had more to offer than she did and that's a shame. I think of her once in a while and wonder if she has any regrets now. I wouldn't be surprised if she does. Having no family when you're older can be depressing.
Right. Sure. I still call bull on the whole story.

I'm sure Susan Smith "seemed" to like her children too, just before she killed them. You never answered the question, would you let her take off with YOUR child just because you "shared interests", and she "seemed to like her"?

You keep contradicting yourself, you know, going back and forth between sympathy for her and lack thereof. And by going back and forth between implying that you didn't know her that well, yet trusting her with your child. IOW, a tall tale, told to bolster a an argument, and then elaborated on so much that it's falseness became clear.

Put the shovel down.
No Relativism

United States

#316007 Nov 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what she said.
NR: Even your proabort buddy Katie said "a human" (noun) and "human being" are synonyms.

bHitler: "No, that's not what she said."

Katie V.: "We all know human and human being are interchangeable in conversational usage"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316008 Nov 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
NR: Even your proabort buddy Katie said "a human" (noun) and "human being" are synonyms.
bHitler: "No, that's not what she said."
Katie V.: "We all know human and human being are interchangeable in conversational usage"
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Yes, THAT is what she said. YOU dishonestly left off the keywords there "in conversational usage".

I have never claimed that they can't be synonymous, but that they aren't always.

You keep telling these lies, but no one is fooled.
Ink

Havertown, PA

#316009 Nov 16, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Sure. I still call bull on the whole story.
I'm sure Susan Smith "seemed" to like her children too, just before she killed them. You never answered the question, would you let her take off with YOUR child just because you "shared interests", and she "seemed to like her"?
You keep contradicting yourself, you know, going back and forth between sympathy for her and lack thereof. And by going back and forth between implying that you didn't know her that well, yet trusting her with your child. IOW, a tall tale, told to bolster a an argument, and then elaborated on so much that it's falseness became clear.
Put the shovel down.
I haven't contradicted one thing. Ba ck then women weren't so casual about talking about abortion. It may be dinner table talk for you but not for the people I know.

You are ridiculous and still trying to make this something it isn't. What is wrong with having someone around who has had an abortion?

Take off where? A movie, the theatre, out to lunch? Yes, why not.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#316010 Nov 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't contradicted one thing. Ba ck then women weren't so casual about talking about abortion. It may be dinner table talk for you but not for the people I know.
You are ridiculous and still trying to make this something it isn't. What is wrong with having someone around who has had an abortion?
Take off where? A movie, the theatre, out to lunch? Yes, why not.
Sorry, but you have contradicted yourself, several times.

What wrong with it? I didn't say there was anything wrong with it.

I DID say that no sane parent would allow someone they consider to be an unrepentant "baby murderer" "borrow" their child, especially one they claim they didn't share much of their personal life with, just had "interests together". And I stand by that.

Put the shovel down.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#316011 Nov 16, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You should be able to answer that question yourself. You involve yourself with a religious organization that covered up world wide sexual abuse correct? Sexual abuse on living, breathing children that knew what was happening, felt every bit of what was going on and felt defenseless.
A better question would be, "What do think of the new Pope?"
CrazyAssChrister s

United States

#316012 Nov 16, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandma is weird. She spends her time trying to justify killing babies.
Ooookaaay.
CrazyAssChrister s

United States

#316013 Nov 16, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Thanksgiving is a secular holiday. Not everyone celebrates it. It's just another choice you disapprove of.
<quoted text>
I'm gonna pig on turkey and then shop till I drop!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,403,985
News Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) 1 hr Mother 80
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr dGo mnaDed lyoH r... 60,658
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr NotInPotatoQuality 20,387
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 21 hr TRD 70,827
"OX" cover band from the 70s. (Oct '10) 21 hr Babs 15
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) Sun TWP 72,037

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages