Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310384 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Levittown, PA

#315945 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, she was trying to follow it through to how you thought the husband would've made a good father. You empathized with him because his wife aborted. Your empathy for him and lack of sympathy says more than you realize. Especially on top of you admitting not to know more than she had abortion(s) and didn't want to be a parent.
You don't know if her husband was okay with it because you didn't ask. For all you know, he went with her to the appointments. Still, you let him "borrow" your six year old daughter. You let him take her to McDonald's.
It's plausible, but sounds far-fetched. And it seriously highlights your hate for women who don't make the same choices you made.
What are you talking about? You are as good about adding your own perceptions as Bitner is.

I said he would have been a good dad because of his interaction with my kids. She was also very good with my kids. I had no empathy for him since I had no idea what his feelings were.

I doubt he was discussing abortion with my six year old so what is the problem. Katie, you must have hate somewhere in you to so easily see hate where it isn't any.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315946 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"...for non medical reasons...."? Really, Ink? THAT'S what you said about her originally?
I changed nothing.
Don't wonder anymore why I call you a liar, okay?
Again, if I'm boring you, why do you keep replying to me?
Non medical/convenience/ what ever you want to call it. Do I have to use exactly the same word everytime I post to you to help you stay focused, If so, my bad, I see it throws you off.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315947 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask this to Long Night Moon? She has a problem as well.
What a phony you are.
Holidays should be kept as family time. ESPECIALLY our religious Holiest days.
Why am I not surprised that you are defending this?
Soon Ocean will be in to tell me that women who choose to be child-free(CF for short lol)or single or CF(Catholic free),want to shop on Thanksgiving instead of being with family.
Because LNM read and responded to my earlier post describing my work in retail during the '80s when stores began to open on Holidays. How it was on a voluntary basis. How I was paid time and a half. Double time on Christmas. How I was able to have my holiday with my family AND work to earn extra money for saving or spending, depending.

The good ol' USofA began changing into a service economy during the 1990s. We are now running on a 24-hour clock just like the hospitals, fire stations, and cop shops used to and still do. But now, there are some businesses opened to serve them as well as others.

Shopping or not is a choice. If you don't want to go shopping, stay home. But don't think you can force all the stores to remained locked because you wish it to be so.

The difference between LNM and you is that she realizes boycotting is not the answer. Maybe getting us out of a service economy is the answer. Apparently those who have their creature comforts catered to are a bunch of ingrates.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#315948 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask this to Long Night Moon? She has a problem as well.
What a phony you are.
Holidays should be kept as family time. ESPECIALLY our religious Holiest days.
Why am I not surprised that you are defending this?
Soon Ocean will be in to tell me that women who choose to be child-free(CF for short lol)or single or CF(Catholic free),want to shop on Thanksgiving instead of being with family.
You couldn't pay me to shop on Black Friday, and I always felt sorry for anyone working one of their holidays who would rather have been at home. That is why when I worked anywhere that was open, I'd volunteer to take their shift. I ALSO didn't like working on my OWN holidays, I understood perfectly. And now that I work for myself I don't have to.

Still, some things do need to be open. I KNOW you're old enough to remember car trips on Christmas day as a child with no place to stop to go to the bathroom. And if you tell me you've never had a child start to get ill on Christmas only to find that you were out of children's Tylenol or cough medicine, or similar, I'll call you a liar again. Because sometimes CONVENIENCE isn't the trivial matter some people want to pretend it is. So, someone has to work. Many people WANT to work, they could use the extra money.

And, of course, not everyone is Christian. Why should YOUR holiday be any different than anyone else's?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315949 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Basically she mentioned it in passing. It wasn't a big deal to her and I had no interest. We as I said had shared interests in other things.
You have tried to change a comment about my knowing someone who had more than one abortion for non medical reasons into some exaggerated saga. Then when 'your story' sounds fishy, you call me a liar. You try to do this all the time and it's tiresome and boring.
What Bitler fails to realize,is that many women have this need to share their deep secrets with people. I remember running into this girl that I went to HS with in a bar. We were barely friends back then,but we were friends of friends. She asked me what I've been up to since H.S and I told her that I got married and started a family. She went on to tell me that she dumped her old bf from HS and that she got a good job at this company nearby and that she had two abortions with him. I was dumbfounded. I was thinking WTF did that come from?

Another girl I worked with a few years ago who I just met,was telling me that she had a young son(as well as others)and that she scheduled an abortion but changed her mind at the last minute because her bf was so upset. I was like "Um...okay". She also had three others. I remember when I told her that I was pregnant,...I had a VERY early sonogram pic and was so shocked at how visible my baby was as well as formed at such an early sonogram and she said 'I have 4 kids,I know what they look like and it only looks like a poppy seed at that gestation age". I then brought in my pic and she was like "Holy Sh&T,I didn't know that they looked like that at that stage"

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315950 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Non medical/convenience/ what ever you want to call it. Do I have to use exactly the same word everytime I post to you to help you stay focused, If so, my bad, I see it throws you off.
Nope, too late to backpedal. You've been trying to do that ever since you made up that story.

Put the shovel down.
katie

Seattle, WA

#315951 Nov 15, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? You are as good about adding your own perceptions as Bitner is.
I said he would have been a good dad because of his interaction with my kids. She was also very good with my kids. I had no empathy for him since I had no idea what his feelings were.
I doubt he was discussing abortion with my six year old so what is the problem. Katie, you must have hate somewhere in you to so easily see hate where it isn't any.
Okay, so your prior posts about this couple were... half-truths? Bold-faced lies?

I didn't infer or add or subtract from what you said in those posts. You said you'd have no sympathy for her, and it was apparent you had empathy for him because you posted he'd have made a good father (if she hadn't aborted those pregnancies). You can't base a person's ability to parent on some trips to McDonald's. And if that's what you did, then you're not the kind of parent I thought you were.

Your comprehension sucks, though. No where did anyone else or I imply he was discussing abortion with a 6yr old. What's the point of even including that crap?
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315952 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Because LNM read and responded to my earlier post describing my work in retail during the '80s when stores began to open on Holidays. How it was on a voluntary basis. How I was paid time and a half. Double time on Christmas. How I was able to have my holiday with my family AND work to earn extra money for saving or spending, depending.
The good ol' USofA began changing into a service economy during the 1990s. We are now running on a 24-hour clock just like the hospitals, fire stations, and cop shops used to and still do. But now, there are some businesses opened to serve them as well as others.
Shopping or not is a choice. If you don't want to go shopping, stay home. But don't think you can force all the stores to remained locked because you wish it to be so.
The difference between LNM and you is that she realizes boycotting is not the answer. Maybe getting us out of a service economy is the answer. Apparently those who have their creature comforts catered to are a bunch of ingrates.
Again,LNM is against this as much as I am. So,....did you give her the same speech as you did me?

No.

EXACTLY.

next...

(((ftr,I intend on staying home with my family and festivities. UNFORTUNATELY,many of my family have children/family that are forced to work.)))
katie

Seattle, WA

#315953 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that "women in the real world with unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies are not thinking twice?three or four times "?
What exactly is the problem? What's wrong with abortiong an unwanted "wad of cells"?
It's not her child according to you.
It's not a human being according to you people.
It's a non-sentinent blob of nothing.
It's like pulling a tooth. Removing a mole.
WHY then,is deciding to have an abortion such a emotional issue to you people then?
You must have missed the rest of my post. Here it is below.

==========
Do you think they blithely consider terminating their pregnancies as if they were deciding what movie to see or what kind of food to eat?

To you, women only have one choice -- sex with their husbands while being open to conception. Why are you so hateful toward women facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy? And why waste time pretending they should've done something prior to getting pregnant when they're *already* pregnant?
==========

Oh, I guess you do think women considering terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies equate it to picking a moving to watch or something off the menu to eat. Figures you'd be that shallow. Not everyone is, though. You should probably include that in your thought processes.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315954 Nov 15, 2013
LOL, okay, Ink, my apologies. As bad as you are at making up stories, you actually are better than Stupid Sassy.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315955 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't pay me to shop on Black Friday, and I always felt sorry for anyone working one of their holidays who would rather have been at home. That is why when I worked anywhere that was open, I'd volunteer to take their shift. I ALSO didn't like working on my OWN holidays, I understood perfectly. And now that I work for myself I don't have to.
Still, some things do need to be open. I KNOW you're old enough to remember car trips on Christmas day as a child with no place to stop to go to the bathroom. And if you tell me you've never had a child start to get ill on Christmas only to find that you were out of children's Tylenol or cough medicine, or similar, I'll call you a liar again. Because sometimes CONVENIENCE isn't the trivial matter some people want to pretend it is. So, someone has to work. Many people WANT to work, they could use the extra money.
And, of course, not everyone is Christian. Why should YOUR holiday be any different than anyone else's?
Black friday is different all together.

""""" And if you tell me you've never had a child start to get ill on Christmas only to find that you were out of children's Tylenol or cough medicine, or similar, I'll call you a liar again.'""" """"

You'd be wrong and I could care less if you call me a liar or not. I am not interested in your opinion of me.

But,no,I ALWAYS stock up on supplies for each season WELL in advance.

A gas station or convenience store perhaps okay,but even then it should be optional. Today it is MOST stores are opening now and forcing employees to work.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315956 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, so your prior posts about this couple were... half-truths? Bold-faced lies?
I didn't infer or add or subtract from what you said in those posts. You said you'd have no sympathy for her, and it was apparent you had empathy for him because you posted he'd have made a good father (if she hadn't aborted those pregnancies). You can't base a person's ability to parent on some trips to McDonald's. And if that's what you did, then you're not the kind of parent I thought you were.
Your comprehension sucks, though. No where did anyone else or I imply he was discussing abortion with a 6yr old. What's the point of even including that crap?
She didn't need sympathy. She was one of those women who was very content with her decision. The no regrets type.

As I said both of them had good interactions with my children especially my youngest. They even took her into the city to see the Nutcracker at Christmas.

All I meant to do was to say that I personally knew someone who had abortions because she was happy with what she would tell you was a selfish lifestyle. What she had and how she lived was for her. She liked kids but preferred to borrow them.

It would be better if you read what I wrote at face value not what you added from your own feelings.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315957 Nov 15, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have missed the rest of my post. Here it is below.
==========
Do you think they blithely consider terminating their pregnancies as if they were deciding what movie to see or what kind of food to eat?
To you, women only have one choice -- sex with their husbands while being open to conception. Why are you so hateful toward women facing unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy? And why waste time pretending they should've done something prior to getting pregnant when they're *already* pregnant?
==========
Oh, I guess you do think women considering terminating unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies equate it to picking a moving to watch or something off the menu to eat. Figures you'd be that shallow. Not everyone is, though. You should probably include that in your thought processes.
I see that you conveniently ignored my question.

You're so called questions here,where ridiculous and that is why it was ignored or HAS been addressed a million times over.

Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes" nonsense that leads to "I HAVE to abort". GROW UP LADIES,AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF PREGNANCY IS SEX.

Take notes. Write it on your calendars or planners. Write it on a post-it and hang it on your fridge or bathroom mirror or toilet paper role. Put a sign over your bed. Take a copy with you when you sleep over your bf or booty calls house.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315958 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, too late to backpedal. You've been trying to do that ever since you made up that story.
Put the shovel down.
Oh give it a rest already. Stop calling people liars because they make you look like a dang fool.

We all see thru you Bitler. You're clueless. Now do something about it or get over it.

LOL

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315959 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Black friday is different all together.
""""" And if you tell me you've never had a child start to get ill on Christmas only to find that you were out of children's Tylenol or cough medicine, or similar, I'll call you a liar again.'""" """"
You'd be wrong and I could care less if you call me a liar or not. I am not interested in your opinion of me.
But,no,I ALWAYS stock up on supplies for each season WELL in advance.
A gas station or convenience store perhaps okay,but even then it should be optional. Today it is MOST stores are opening now and forcing employees to work.
You are a liar. Everyone forgets things occasionally, especially in a holiday rush. I know you'd like everyone to believe you are perfect, but you're fooling no one.

No, Black Friday is not different. It disrupts Thanksgiving by beginning on midnight in many places.

Oh, I see, YOU shop on Black Friday, don't you?

I ask again, why should YOUR holidays be treated any differently from anyone else's?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315960 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
LOL, okay, Ink, my apologies. As bad as you are at making up stories, you actually are better than Stupid Sassy.
I have always found that people who accuse others of lying or dishonesty are usually that way themselves and can't believe or trust others.
sassyjm

Lake Grove, NY

#315961 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
Nobody is as good as you are though. You have been on these forums for how many years,24/7,yet you have a family and work as a massage therapist,a doula and ...what else was it?

LOL

Your as believable as Elise is with her nurse stories or Foo's owning a bookstore.

LOL

Hey,speaking of foo,where is she? Back in rehab?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315962 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you conveniently ignored my question.
You're so called questions here,where ridiculous and that is why it was ignored or HAS been addressed a million times over.
Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes" nonsense that leads to "I HAVE to abort". GROW UP LADIES,AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF PREGNANCY IS SEX.
Take notes. Write it on your calendars or planners. Write it on a post-it and hang it on your fridge or bathroom mirror or toilet paper role. Put a sign over your bed. Take a copy with you when you sleep over your bf or booty calls house.
"Katie,I am tired of you proaborts with your "oh noooooooooooooooooooo I am pregnant because I didn't know sex equals pregnancy sometimes"

There are no "proaborts".

But do provide a post where Katie, or any other pro-choice poster, has said this, Liar.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#315963 Nov 15, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Oh give it a rest already. Stop calling people liars because they make you look like a dang fool.
We all see thru you Bitler. You're clueless. Now do something about it or get over it.
LOL
LOL, she made a fool out of herself.

Take a hike, Control Freak.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#315964 Nov 15, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Put the shovel down.
Okay I will use the same words so that you won't be confused. It takes so little to muddle your mind.

Convenience/ non medical/ self centered lifestyle means all the same to me. Chose to abort a perfectly good child.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Bluestater 1,265,115
In The War on Police Traffic Stops Have Become ... 13 hr Culture Auditor 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Mon Oh well 20,085
News How Black Women Have Been Leaning In Forever Mon Fart news 8
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Mon Ariel Sharon 70,149
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun budd 54,341
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Aug 2 Neil SS Bluesfest 151
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages