Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,308
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#315464 Nov 11, 2013
Then let him gestate them. Isn't that why he made storks?
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies do not really belong to us.
They are His.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#315465 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You believe that abortion evil. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. Even you must understand that many, many people do not believe that abortion is wrong, much less evil, which is a concept flung around by fundies for anything that they don't happen to agree with. I was once called evil because I do hospice nursing.
She's such a drama queen. I notice she didn't address the actual point of my post.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315466 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>MOST abortion supporters(so called PRO-CHOICE)think that abortion is wrong after first trimester. They are ANTI-CHOICE after viability. They are ANTI-ABORTION after the first trimester. They agree with restricting a womans rights to kill her child.
Abortion DELIBERATELY kills a humans life because mom doesn't want to mother her child. If you think that killing your own was not evil,I am not surprised. It's your coping mechanism.
LMAO! You're back to this again? How many times do we have to point out that everything in our society has restrictions and limits?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315467 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for proving my point Katie. If a so called pro-choice person is morally against the "right" of a woman to electively abort after the first trimester,then she is not pro-choice. She is pro-abortion in the first trimester but certainly NOT pro-choice.
Stop with your games Katie. Either one SUPPORTS a womans right to legally kill(abort)her unwanted fetus or she doesn't. It's ALL about abortion. THAT'S the topic. THAT'S the 'choices' that we are discussing.
Stop being a coward already. Why are you people so afraid to admit that you support THAT specific choice? That you would offer to drive and sit with a friend if they asked you to for the abortion.
See,I am against abortion and therefore,I would never drive or sit with a friend if they asked me to.
It's o.k to be "morally" conflicted. Nothing wrong with that.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#315468 Nov 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well please show me this original bible you keep talking about.
God used to be my enemy, but no longer, so facts isn't that big of a deal in the scale of things.
Only after you show me a bible signed by "god".

Seriously though... Do your own research you lazy religitard. Look at the history of the word. Look at the bible! It's too bad your religion has distorted Hebrew, Greek and Norse culture so much.

Sheol isn't your xstian lie of hell
Gehenna isn't your xstian lie of hell
Tartarus isn't your xstian lie of hell
Hades certainly isn't your xstian lie of
Lastly,
Hel is certainly not your xstian lie of hell

Let us know when you can face facts.
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#315469 Nov 11, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
Babies do not really belong to us.
They are His.
So your god is an absentee dad, great!

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315470 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Your opinion is irrelevent. Can't you disagree with someone without calling them liars?
She is mocking God/Christ. She does it constantly. She is angry as are you.
Bottom line,someone might disagree with God/Christ or be confused,but they don't need to exhibit such disrespect and intolerance towards another beliefs.
The angry one on here seems to be you...and it's just as obvious when you try to cover it up with your gagging thing and your prolific use of sarcastic terms of endearment and referring to yourself in the 3rd person.

Telling everyone who disagrees with you that they're angry and miserable goes back to your need to feel superior and smug.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#315471 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text>Honey,I don't need to read their stories to know that they are either still in denial(most likely)as a coping mechanism,or they are just so turned over to evil that they don't know right from wrong anymore.
It's painful for women to make the choice. WHAT'S that say? something is not "right" in that "right" to kill their child as choice. MANY on your side that support abortion "rights" even agree with no elective abortion after the first trimester. WHAT'S that say to you?
It's a very emotional,painful place to be when you come to reality,..out of that world of denial. These women suffer something fierce and I find it very sad that you don't care about THOSE women after the fact. Thank God,literally,that they have a loving,forgiving God who will heal them and be with them thru that journey back to sanity and mental/emotional health.
It's just as painful to give one up for adoption too Sassy and the mothers carry that around with them for years, but do all of them regret the choice they made? Some do, some don't. You want adoptions illegal also based on the premise of regret and emotional pain? Of course not, because that would just be stupid to illegalize adoption based on emotional pain and regret a woman feels. Big hole in your bucket of argument.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315472 Nov 11, 2013
sassyjm wrote:
<quoted text> ""It's you lies"""
Speak English please.
Nobody is interested in your opinion. I said that her post was full of anger. YOU are an angry person. You disagree? I am not surprised.
Aged post was mocking Christ,Mary and Joseph.
"Nobody is interested in your opinion."

Grow up please.

Mocking your dogma does not mean she is angry. It's clearly making YOU angry.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#315473 Nov 11, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was only one who could have stopped the evil done to Him, but yet chose to allow them to treat Him very cruelly and kill Him. So that we could live.
life isn't fair and never will be.
Glad to see, that you know evil is real.
Yes, so only Jesus got to choose, not the rest of us. Nobody else gets that privilege.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#315474 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take all of the NT literal either because just as I believe the OT was written in a way to create, bolster, unify and control a civilization, I believe that many of the manuscripts written about Jesus was to portray each writer's personal images of Christ. I do have a lot of faith in the authenticity of the man because so much of what is written about him is so similar even though biased.
I think that much if not most of the happenings in the OT really did take place but not exactly as described, but described in a fashion that could be understood at the time.
I think the 'new gospels' are facinating. They say they have discovered pieces of about fifty different ones. Some they found buried with bodies and some seem to be hidden from the Roman Christian heirarchy who weren't interested in any gnostic beliefs.
That was an interesting reply "Ink."
It was direct, honest, and revelatory.
Thank you.
The generally accepted perception of you has been of someone who takes every word of the New Testament as pure, unadulterated Truth, but does not feel the same way about the Old Testament.
This has, unsurprisingly, created an impression of someone who wants to "cherry-pick" what they choose to believe as inarguable "Truth," especially when it comes down to the moral decisions regarding the subject of abortion.
I also happen to think the "lost" Gospels are fascinating.
I especially like comparing the "Gospel according to Judas" with the Greek writer Nikos Kazantzakis's novel, "The Last Temptation of Christ."
Since the book was written not too long after that "Gospel" was discovered, I can't help but wonder just how much that remnant of the Dead Sea Scrolls influenced the writer's "vision."
Have you read any of Elaine Pagels works?

Her books, "The Gnostic Gospels," "The Origin of Satan," and "Revelation," are quite informative--and good reads to boot!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315475 Nov 11, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't take all of the NT literal I think the 'new gospels' are facinating. They say they have discovered pieces of about fifty different ones.
Which ones mention the intentional termination of a pregnancy....and what is the punishment for doing so...and is said punishment EVER visited on the woman?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Some they found buried with bodies and some seem to be hidden from the Roman Christian heirarchy who weren't interested in any gnostic beliefs.
Were any of them buried with pregnant bodies? Why weren't the Roman Christian hierarchies interested in 'gnostic' beliefs?

Do you know what 'gnostic' means...without consulting 'wiki'?

Just checking.

Location hidden

#315476 Nov 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
For many, religion/god is the new addiction that replaces the old addiction.
<quoted text>
"Pete!" What's happenin' dude?

You know what's an eerie bit of synchronicity here?
I was actually thinking of that film from the 1990's "The Rapture" staring Mimi Rogers, and there's a line in it where she meets one of her earlier "screws" after she's been "saved" and he says to her, "You're just another addict. Instead of doing heroin, you're doing God."

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#315477 Nov 11, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah-hah!
Hiya "Rach."
Wow, Saskatchewan must indeed be awful if other Canadians are referring to it as HELL!
You folks always seem so stoic, so untroubled by external forces.
I've only ventured to Montreal, and Toronto so I know I've not gotten the proper "feel" for Canada.
Speaking of Toronto, what do you think of their Mayor?
His explanation for his behavior was nothing short of awesome IMO.
"Eh, yeah, I smoked crack/cocaine but it was during one of my drunken stupors..."
If only we, here in the U.S. had politicians who were so bluntly honest...
And we always thought Canada/Canadians were boring!
;P
Proper feel for Canada? Please let me know what that is when you find out, I'm not sure yet.

As far as one of our 'politicians' go, they did drugs while in a drunken stupor? Oh. alrighty then, anyways..... the weather warmed up a bit today..........
juddleman

Pittsburgh, PA

#315478 Nov 11, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Better Late then never.

Location hidden

#315479 Nov 11, 2013
R C Honey wrote:
<quoted text>Proper feel for Canada? Please let me know what that is when you find out, I'm not sure yet.
As far as one of our 'politicians' go, they did drugs while in a drunken stupor? Oh. alrighty then, anyways..... the weather warmed up a bit today..........
Hah!
Great answer luv!
And as soon as "I" find out what the proper feel for Canada is I assure you I'll let you know...every time I leave there I find myself scratching my head and thinking, "What was that all a-boot eh?"
;P

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#315480 Nov 11, 2013
John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100%!
However, I'd prefaced my reply to "Gtown" that others who'd claimed to have been "Saved" went through the same thing he did.
Some people feel a need for an external force/God to help them get over the roughest moments of their lives, some people don't.
Good to "see" you "Elise."
How've you been?
I agree. It's interesting how differently believers see God's role in their lives. My mother, a lifelong Greek Orthodox, felt that we were given the tools to solve our own problems and that we should pray for insight, clarity, the ability to accept, etc, rather than to save us or get us out of a situation.
I'm quite well. My job is a killer, but I love the work. How're you, John?

Atrisco Village

#315481 Nov 11, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You've never owned a cat, have you? They leave...souvenirs.
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah, you're right! I did have a cat, once..I'm allergic to most of them. She didn't bring gifts like I've heard about. She would, however, eat her prey under whatever chair I'd be sitting in. Show off.

Atrisco Village

#315482 Nov 11, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You are totally against allowing an abortion for rape and incest and life and health of the mother? Not all of the PL'ers are so what are you when you don't refer to them as a contradicting PLer?
I responded to her questions, twice. She doesn't like my answers, so she accuses me of not responding. She's a very controlling person. She'll just have to accept that all her nagging isn't going to get her what she wants. This isn't her house, and I'm not her family.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#315483 Nov 11, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. It's interesting how differently believers see God's role in their lives. My mother, a lifelong Greek Orthodox, felt that we were given the tools to solve our own problems and that we should pray for insight, clarity, the ability to accept, etc, rather than to save us or get us out of a situation.
I'm quite well. My job is a killer, but I love the work. How're you, John?
Oh my stars...Greek Orthodox...there's a church in my neighborhood I've been wanting to visit in a capacity other than 'polling place'.

(!)

St. Anthony's is a Greek Orthodox church, which lays claim to the distinction of being the only church I've considered attending since I attained the age of reason, and left organized religion flat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min sonicfilter 1,208,071
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 min Ratloder 69,323
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 52,427
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr laop 19,738
News Fat chance that her guy will ever be happy (Mar '09) 14 hr HELL ON EARTH 344
News Shopping with kids no walk in the park (Jun '09) 19 hr A duck 338
samantha chanel ct hooker HIV POSITIVE AKA Bian... (Dec '13) 23 hr ppgty 2
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]