Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,005
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
VoteVets Org

AOL

#314551 Nov 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If you can`t define a term, you can`t define what it is not. So, to you, women should die rather than be allowed to terminate a fatal pregnancy.

Being pro-choice means supporting women's right to make their own decisions.
Yes it does. And included in that is the support of her legal right to choose to abort.
Many PL`s simply don`t believe the law should interfere with ANYONE'S personal medical decisions.
Then, with respect to this specific poll question and the two possible answers, that would make them pro choice, regardless of what their personally held belief about abortion was.
The poll question included ONLY two possible answers. And one of them was NOT " I consider myself pro life but I don't believe the law should interfere in anyone's personal medical decisions."
The choices were pro life or pro choice. And if you answered YES to supporting Roe v Wade but did not answer pro choice then you were not choosing the answer that most closely reflected your belief. Simple as that.

Flawed poll.
They have every right to cAll themselves what they choose,
Sure they do. And I have every right to point out a definite discrepancy in the poll answers. Don't like it? STFU.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#314552 Nov 1, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the word itself. Go back and read what I said solid waste boy. I said she uses it all the time. When someone uses the word extensively it's normally an indication of an inability to satifactorily express oneself.
<quoted text>
Always glad to be of service.
<quoted text>
My hat's giving me a strong signal that you're not particularly bright or perceptive.
Thanks for your oh so special insight.

Try adjusting your tin foil hat.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#314553 Nov 1, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot grasp the fact of "different reasons" in a poll.
I can grasp a lot more than you realize. Stick around and you'll see that in practice.
If you were ever polled, you would know there are never only 2 choices.
This poll had only TWO choices.
So your cited poll has only 2 choices and you can't see why there is a lack of reason in your results.
I didn't cite the poll. Bitner did. And I agree, there is a lack of reason in the results.
YOUR MIND CAN HANDLE ONLY ONE DIMENTION WITH NUMBERS, ZERO AND ONE!
Since we agree completely, I guess your mind also can only handle one dimension with numbers zero and one !

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314554 Nov 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my opinion on the subject, would still worthless, in the scope of all things.
Perhaps God chose to only have copies of copies, for many reasons, but instead of looking at God's word, and words, as if there are mistakes, it would be better to ask why so many translations of Gods word, being sold as God's Word, when in truth most are simply books written with different opinions as to what they believe God was trying to say.
I "believe" God's Word/words are perfect, becouse if just 1 word might be wrong, it would leave me to decide what is and what isn't inspired.
Believe as you choose. At the same time when people like Ink keeps trying to insist that it is the literal word of god. the natural question does arise. If the collection of book were the literal word of your god. Why do you have only copies of copies..

It is not finding the mistakes it is asking a question. Which if you were being honest would realize that as a nonchristian. It is going to be asked.. Stating that some how it is your god will for you to have copies of copies that are poorly edited.Is really no answer at all. it is on fact a nonstarter. It convinces no one as to the legitimacy of anything that is written.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#314555 Nov 1, 2013
Did anyone see the anti-choice propaganda cards being dropped into trick-or-treat bags this Halloween? I wonder how much these "prolifers" would appreciate pro-choice messages being distributed to their children this way? Interesting that it's only anti-choicers doing it. Completely inappropriate for either side, imo.
Autumn star

Bronx, NY

#314556 Nov 1, 2013
No. Where did this happen? Show us one.
elise in burque wrote:
Did anyone see the anti-choice propaganda cards being dropped into trick-or-treat bags this Halloween? I wonder how much these "prolifers" would appreciate pro-choice messages being distributed to their children this way? Interesting that it's only anti-choicers doing it. Completely inappropriate for either side, imo.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314557 Nov 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't personally KNOW Dick Cheney, or Charles Koch, or any one of a dozen other dominionists who massively profit from the destruction of the Earth either, Ink...but I see the results of their dominionist philosophies, and they AIN'T 'good stewards'.
And you DO know that....or you would be quick to say otherwise.
Is anybody who brings oil and natural gas to us for our use a good steward and therefore is anyone who uses oil and gas for fuel and warmth like yourself a good steward?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314558 Nov 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor deluded fool.. The only scholars that take the bible seriously are christian bible scholars.. Most scholars understand that there is no way to verify anything in the bible with any real degree of accuracy. Expand you horizons a little. You might find to your own shock. That not all scholars are christian or even all that religious.
Even a good number of bible scholars understand that the new testament especially should be taken as metaphor. Not literally. Like any good myth.
Even non Christian scholars believe he existed. I am reading 'Jewish Literacy' by Rabbi J. Telushkin Who says he was a real man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314559 Nov 1, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well my opinion on the subject, would still worthless, in the scope of all things.
Perhaps God chose to only have copies of copies, for many reasons, but instead of looking at God's word, and words, as if there are mistakes, it would be better to ask why so many translations of Gods word, being sold as God's Word, when in truth most are simply books written with different opinions as to what they believe God was trying to say.
I "believe" God's Word/words are perfect, becouse if just 1 word might be wrong, it would leave me to decide what is and what isn't inspired.
We have cop[ies of copies because men spent their lives copying the manuscripts for the future readers and to maintain Christ's words. It certainly would have been easier if they could have run them through the Xerox.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314560 Nov 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
^
Perhaps your favorite storybook is not the word of god. Perhaps youre too stupid to see the errors and know that it is far from perfect.
You may be right but what are the errors and imperfections?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314561 Nov 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe as you choose. At the same time when people like Ink keeps trying to insist that it is the literal word of god. the natural question does arise. If the collection of book were the literal word of your god. Why do you have only copies of copies..
It is not finding the mistakes it is asking a question. Which if you were being honest would realize that as a nonchristian. It is going to be asked.. Stating that some how it is your god will for you to have copies of copies that are poorly edited.Is really no answer at all. it is on fact a nonstarter. It convinces no one as to the legitimacy of anything that is written.
You are confused or intentionally misquoting me. I am not inclined to take the OT literally. I do believe that Jesus said what He meant. We have copies because it is hard to find papers 2000 years old that aren't dust. Men spent their entire lives painstakingly translating and copying the words of Christ, the disciples and people who knew Jesus so that people born in the future would be able to have the gospels.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314562 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Is anybody who brings oil and natural gas to us for our use a good steward
No. The use of fossil fuels either drains the earth of its natural lubricants, which helps explain why we have experienced triple the number of earthquakes worldwide, since the early 1930's, or contributes heavily to the decimation of our ozone layer. Sometimes both. Also, the processes by which these fuels are produced, are hazardous to every drop of water on the planet. In case you hadn't noticed, life on Earth is a closed system....there isn't anywhere else for poisons, toxins, irritants, allergens, and heavy metals to GO.

So, no.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>and therefore is anyone who uses oil and gas for fuel and warmth like yourself a good steward?
I use a wood stove for heat, and solar power for everything else, except the bike, and my emergency generator. Walk or ride the bus most places. Use recycled rainwater on my garden...

I'm not Al Gore.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314563 Nov 1, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
Yeah, throwing fetus worship in with the M & M's and the Reese's Pieces, on Halloween, doesn't sound like a good idea...any more than handing contraceptives out at lunchtime, in public middle schools...

I've heard a lot of crazy stuff this week...

Jonesboro AR

#314564 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Even non Christian scholars believe he existed. I am reading 'Jewish Literacy' by Rabbi J. Telushkin Who says he was a real man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_of_J...
BUWHAHAHAH wikipedia inkstain.. Really..?? Well then you really are a fool.. Wikipedia..

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1992-08-16/n...

By the way inkstain.. J. Telushkin is a messianic jew.. He is not part of the mainstream Judaism. Is not representative of the mainstream Judaism.. Do you ever bother to research? Or do you simply take Wikipedia word for everything.. Oh wait you literally believe everything in the bible. Carry on....

Jonesboro AR

#314565 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We have cop[ies of copies because men spent their lives copying the manuscripts for the future readers and to maintain Christ's words. It certainly would have been easier if they could have run them through the Xerox.
No ink it would have been easier to secure them some where for future generations. Like the Dead Sea Scrolls....

Jonesboro AR

#314566 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused or intentionally misquoting me. I am not inclined to take the OT literally. I do believe that Jesus said what He meant. We have copies because it is hard to find papers 2000 years old that aren't dust. Men spent their entire lives painstakingly translating and copying the words of Christ, the disciples and people who knew Jesus so that people born in the future would be able to have the gospels.
Wait? what? inkstain either you take the entire collection literally or you do not.. So now you pick and choose what is literal.. inkstain. I can not keep up with your evident need to keep trying to move the goal posts..

By the way The Dead Sea Scrolls are older than anything that might have been written about jesus.. Yet survived the ages.. Makes you wonder why are you grasping for straws.. Or do you really think you are making a point with suppositions. When reality and facts just keep making you a liar.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314567 Nov 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
BUWHAHAHAH wikipedia inkstain.. Really..?? Well then you really are a fool.. Wikipedia..
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1992-08-16/n...
By the way inkstain.. J. Telushkin is a messianic jew.. He is not part of the mainstream Judaism. Is not representative of the mainstream Judaism.. Do you ever bother to research? Or do you simply take Wikipedia word for everything.. Oh wait you literally believe everything in the bible. Carry on....
Rabbi Telushkin is a widely respected ORTHODOX Jew. Maybe you should do some research before blabbering?

http://www.npr.org/2013/10/10/231539183/for-r...
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314568 Nov 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait? what? inkstain either you take the entire collection literally or you do not.. So now you pick and choose what is literal.. inkstain. I can not keep up with your evident need to keep trying to move the goal posts..
By the way The Dead Sea Scrolls are older than anything that might have been written about jesus.. Yet survived the ages.. Makes you wonder why are you grasping for straws.. Or do you really think you are making a point with suppositions. When reality and facts just keep making you a liar.
I don't have to take the whole of anything any particular way.

It is easy to see what might be metaphors, what might be inspired prophecy, or governing control methods and what might be literal.

You are not in charge here and nobody has to explain or answer to you.

The Dead Sea Scrolls have been buried underground therefore in better shape although fragile.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314569 Nov 1, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
No ink it would have been easier to secure them some where for future generations. Like the Dead Sea Scrolls....
Just bury all the gospels and hope someone finds them before it is too late. How would that have helped Jesus' desire to bring the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven.

You need to think things through and then you would see how little sense you make.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314570 Nov 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No. The use of fossil fuels either drains the earth of its natural lubricants, which helps explain why we have experienced triple the number of earthquakes worldwide, since the early 1930's, or contributes heavily to the decimation of our ozone layer. Sometimes both. Also, the processes by which these fuels are produced, are hazardous to every drop of water on the planet. In case you hadn't noticed, life on Earth is a closed system....there isn't anywhere else for poisons, toxins, irritants, allergens, and heavy metals to GO.
So, no.
<quoted text>I use a wood stove for heat, and solar power for everything else, except the bike, and my emergency generator. Walk or ride the bus most places. Use recycled rainwater on my garden...
I'm not Al Gore.
Where to begin. You are fooling yourself if you don't think you are using resources. Your house and everything in it was produced using energy. Your bus uses energy. Everything you wear is manufactured in factories using enery. Wood stoves may be eventually banned.

"Research shows that wood burning in stoves, fireplaces and grills accounts for over a third of our particulate pollution, as much as all our cars. If Utah is ever going to clean up our air, addressing this 'Air pollution elephant in the room' is a must," Moench said. "Allowing wood burning according to a green, yellow, red air designation is not solving the problem. We need the community to understand that wood burning is a public health hazard any time of the year and we simply need to phase it out, just like we did smoking in public places and for exactly the same reasons."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,154,302
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,100
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 49,236
Debate: Trayvon Martin - East Hartford, CT (Apr '12) 7 hr scorpiochic 3
Do you really think that East Hartford is a "sa... (Sep '11) 7 hr scorpiochic 9
Retired Police Officer, Charged With Possessing... (Jun '13) 10 hr Police State USA 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Bently 19,559
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:33 pm PST