Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#314579 Nov 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You hate it when people tell the truth and give examples, especially.
You writhe under it like a worm on a hook.
Next...
No examples were provided. In fact the entire context was omitted.
What are you talking about ? Are you intoxicated ?

Next what ?

Location hidden

#314580 Nov 1, 2013
TheBrilliantChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist Bible Lesson of the Day:
The Bible Says Do Not Judge:
1"Do not judge so that you will not be judged. 2"For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.…
Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
Luke 6:41
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
John 8:7
When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."
Romans 2:1
You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
Romans 14:10
You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat.
Romans 14:13
Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.
1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart. At that time each will receive their praise from God.
You're Welcome!
Whoever you are, you are a day late and a dollar short. I've already posted the bible verses in question. The verses which Mr. Pete totally ignored when he provided his clearly WRONG interpretation.

All of these verses, in context, clearly indicate that God does not forbid judging. On the contrary, he is teaching us HOW we should judge, that is.....righteously and without hypocrisy.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314581 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Rabbi Telushkin is a widely respected ORTHODOX Jew. Maybe you should do some research before blabbering?
http://www.npr.org/2013/10/10/231539183/for-r...
Only among Messianic Jews. not by main stream Judaism. He is widely respected among his own messanic jews and some christians. Sorry Ink once more you have proved the point that you really are just that clueless.
Messianic Jews’ Defect from Cult, Turn to Yad L’Achim for Help
http://matzav.com/messianic-jews-defect-from-...

Jonesboro AR

#314582 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to take the whole of anything any particular way.
It is easy to see what might be metaphors, what might be inspired prophecy, or governing control methods and what might be literal.
You are not in charge here and nobody has to explain or answer to you.
The Dead Sea Scrolls have been buried underground therefore in better shape although fragile.
And again you have made statements that you believe in the literal word of god. that you literally believe the bible is from your god.. now you do not. that ink shows that you are lying little hypocrite.. thanks for proving tat once more you are nothing more than a n narrow minded little fool of a hypocrite.

and by the way.. as the dead sea scrolls were preserved in a cave. The original scrolls could have been so preserved. I seriously do not think you have ever been right about anything.

Jonesboro AR

#314583 Nov 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just bury all the gospels and hope someone finds them before it is too late. How would that have helped Jesus' desire to bring the good news of the Kingdom of Heaven.
You need to think things through and then you would see how little sense you make.
hey ink it has happen that way. It could happen that way.. Though until the books are found.. You are still left with copies of cois that are poorly edited. Which makes the question as to how any one can literally believe these are the literal words of your god.

In my opinion I do not think you even a clue. About anything.

Location hidden

#314584 Nov 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You thinking you know better than anyone else what the scripture means is totally self serving also.*facepalm*
In reality this entire discourse began with Peter's preeminent, definitive and self serving interpretation of scripture. Yet nary a word from you. That is, not until I had the temerity to disagree with him.
Only then do you raise your voice in selective and hypocritical indignation.
I JUDGE you an unconscionable, ballbreaking phony.

Facepalm that.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314585 Nov 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosh you are so smart @@
There is something dumb if the constitution
says anything about abortion. It is just another
word for murder. El Paso is finally closing
their clinics. They do not know what they
are doing. Hurt us more.
Save lives. Someone is upside down.

Location hidden

#314586 Nov 1, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not forbid one from judging, but clearly lays it out that if you choose to judge others then you, in turn, will be identically judged.
Exactly ! Thank you.
Then it goes on to state your judgment will be hypocritical if you do not remove the plank from your own eye prior to helping others remove the splinters from theirs.
So, in your zeal to insist you are somehow allowed to judge others,
I AM allowed. You just said so. See above.
Are you OK ?
I must believe you are one of two things. Perfect or a hypocrite.
Guess which one I'm going with here....
I am not perfect and I am not a hypocrite. You have already said, correctly I might add, that God does not forbid judging but says only that if you are to judge so shall you be judged by others.
I have already stated that I am prepared to be judged as I have judged. How does that make me a hypocrite ?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314587 Nov 1, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly ! Thank you.
<quoted text>
I AM allowed. You just said so. See above.
Are you OK ?
<quoted text>
I am not perfect and I am not a hypocrite. You have already said, correctly I might add, that God does not forbid judging but says only that if you are to judge so shall you be judged by others.
I have already stated that I am prepared to be judged as I have judged. How does that make me a hypocrite ?
In order to answer this question, I would first have to know the parameters for which you believe yourself prepared.

If your judgment turns out to have been wrong, have you prepared yourself to be judged wrongly?

Just checking...

Location hidden

#314588 Nov 1, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>No. The use of fossil fuels either drains the earth of its natural lubricants, which helps explain why we have experienced triple the number of earthquakes worldwide, since the early 1930's, or contributes heavily to the decimation of our ozone layer. Sometimes both. Also, the processes by which these fuels are produced, are hazardous to every drop of water on the planet. In case you hadn't noticed, life on Earth is a closed system....there isn't anywhere else for poisons, toxins, irritants, allergens, and heavy metals to GO.
So, no.
<quoted text>I use a wood stove for heat, and solar power for everything else, except the bike, and my emergency generator. Walk or ride the bus most places. Use recycled rainwater on my garden...
I'm not Al Gore.
The bus you say you take most everywhere was made from metals mined from the ground using fossil fuels and plastic made from fossil fuels, as were the roads it drove on (asphalt is a mixture of fossil fuel and rock), and of course it used fossil fuel to run its engine.
The building in which you live was made from brick, concrete, glass and metal, which were mined, manufactured, transported and constructed on the building site using a large amount of fossil fuel.
The food you eat gluttonously in mass quantities was grown using natural gas to make nitrogen fertilizer, phosphorous (which requires fossil fuels to mine), and water for irrigation that was pumped using fossil fuels. The farm machinery (tractors, combines, grain dryers, etc.) were also constructed of materials extracted and manufactured using fossil fuels, and which run on fossil fuels. The food was also processed and transported using fossil fuels. It is also refrigerated at various stages using fossil fuels.
After you flush the toilet, your odorous excretions are transported, along with the formerly fresh water, via another elaborate pumping system, to a sewage treatment plant. These processes are generally also rather fossil fuel intensive. Even if you have a septic tank it has to be periodically pumped and what do you think happens to that waste ?
The books you you use, the blank paper, the tables and chairs, sofa, bed, etc were also manufactured and transported using fossil fuels.
The computer you type these posts on uses 10 times its weight in fossil fuels during its manufacturing. In many cases, the components are manufactured in different parts of the world, so they have to be transported long distances even before final assemblage and delivery.
Many of the fabrics in your clothes are made out of fossil fuels.
Gtown71

United States

#314589 Nov 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
^
Perhaps your favorite storybook is not the word of god. Perhaps youre too stupid to see the errors and know that it is far from perfect.
Perhaps you struggle with the fact that so many folks -highly intelligent to not so smart at all, disagree with you, and say it is.

You and others argue the fact of whether or not Jesus Christ was even here 2000 years ago, but if a person says that there were certain species of creatures here so many billions of years ago, then you take them at their word.

Folks tend to believe what they want to, or what fits their way of thought.

I used to not believe in God, but after a brief encounter with this God, I now do. Plus the Bible just so happens to back up everything that happened to me that night, and in soooo many other ways.

Before I was like many, and didn't believe, since the whole God / judgement thingy didn't fit what I wanted.

I am now left with no choice, but to believe.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314590 Nov 1, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
In reality this entire discourse began with Peter's preeminent, definitive and self serving interpretation of scripture. Yet nary a word from you. That is, not until I had the temerity to disagree with him.
Facepalm that.
I call it like it I see it. You disagree with his interpretation. What does that mean? It means you think you have a better one and that too is as self serving as you say CP is.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314591 Nov 1, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is something dumb if the constitution
says anything about abortion. It is just another
word for murder. El Paso is finally closing
their clinics. They do not know what they
are doing. Hurt us more.
Save lives. Someone is upside down.
The constitution says nothing about abortion.
Gtown71

United States

#314592 Nov 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Bats aren`t birds.
Start deciding.
<quoted text>
Not exactly sure what you're referring to, but have an idea.

Just know that not only do I believe God's Words are / have been / will be attacked, but also our English language as well.

Just one, of many examples is the word sick -used to mean one thing (not well), but today it may mean awsome, great, etc......

Do you know just how many different bible translations there are, just in the English language?

Have you ever wondered why soooo many?

Have you ever looked at Acts 8 : 37 in different so called translations?
Many,if not most "christians hold to a "works" based salvation, even though most proclaim the Gospel, they still have their own "list" of things one must do, in order to obtain, or keep said salvation.

The verse I've given, is one of many that "should " make any interested, to be asking why???
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314593 Nov 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution says nothing about abortion.
Then call 911.
Call the cops instead of the
Principal.
Children are abused.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314594 Nov 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>The constitution says nothing about abortion.
Then who made it up?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314595 Nov 1, 2013
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
The bus you say you take most everywhere was made from metals mined from the ground using fossil fuels and plastic made from fossil fuels, as were the roads it drove on (asphalt is a mixture of fossil fuel and rock), and of course it used fossil fuel to run its engine.
The building in which you live was made from brick, concrete, glass and metal, which were mined, manufactured, transported and constructed on the building site using a large amount of fossil fuel.
The food you eat gluttonously in mass quantities was grown using natural gas to make nitrogen fertilizer, phosphorous (which requires fossil fuels to mine), and water for irrigation that was pumped using fossil fuels. The farm machinery (tractors, combines, grain dryers, etc.) were also constructed of materials extracted and manufactured using fossil fuels, and which run on fossil fuels. The food was also processed and transported using fossil fuels. It is also refrigerated at various stages using fossil fuels.
After you flush the toilet, your odorous excretions are transported, along with the formerly fresh water, via another elaborate pumping system, to a sewage treatment plant. These processes are generally also rather fossil fuel intensive. Even if you have a septic tank it has to be periodically pumped and what do you think happens to that waste ?
The books you you use, the blank paper, the tables and chairs, sofa, bed, etc were also manufactured and transported using fossil fuels.
The computer you type these posts on uses 10 times its weight in fossil fuels during its manufacturing. In many cases, the components are manufactured in different parts of the world, so they have to be transported long distances even before final assemblage and delivery.
Many of the fabrics in your clothes are made out of fossil fuels.
None of which mitigates the fact that the use of fossil fuels is daily contributing to the destruction of this fragile ecosystem we call 'Earth'...and none of which means we can't stop using them tomorrow.

As a species, we choose not to...doesn't mean it's impossible.

The least we can do is curtail their use, and substitute non-polluting energy for as many units of fossil fuels as we possibly can.

As a species, we're not willing to do that - and it spells our extinction. I would suspect sooner, rather than later.

I guess you're okay with that.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314596 Nov 1, 2013
I`m not ignoring context. The intent is clear because I UNDERSTAND ENGLISH. You want it to mean something else. Juries judge evidence, teachers judge work done, employers judge ability. They do not judge the people themselves unless they are exceeding their authority.

You know what the bible does NOT forbid? Abortion.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
You totally ignore the context in which he spoke of judging others, you failed to answer even ONE of the questions I asked of you, and then just simply state the "intent is clear". On what basis ? Your say so ?
He was CLEARLY NOT forbidding judging others.
Do you think God would forbid serving on a jury ? Teaching ? Hiring/conducting job interviews as an employer ? All of which involve the judging of others.

Indianapolis

#314597 Nov 1, 2013
You mean SELF-righteously. You're not smart enough to have the one true interpretation of a book that's been translated manY times through history.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoever you are, you are a day late and a dollar short. I've already posted the bible verses in question. The verses which Mr. Pete totally ignored when he provided his clearly WRONG interpretation.
All of these verses, in context, clearly indicate that God does not forbid judging. On the contrary, he is teaching us HOW we should judge, that is.....righteously and without hypocrisy.

Indianapolis

#314598 Nov 1, 2013
Self-serving? How? You think your judgment of me means ANYTHING to me at all? You're an anonymous poster on the web.

Typical christer.
DAVID27 wrote:
<quoted text>
Facepalm that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,220,589
Is Connecticut a part of USA? 1 hr indianoutlaw 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 69,714
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 52,867
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Chuck 19,852
TS Tiffany Lord HIV POSITIVE.Beware! 22 hr rocky1 1
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Apr 24 Larry 1
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]