Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,975
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314427 Oct 30, 2013
How about minding your own business? NOTHING in another person`s body is your concern.
Howdy wrote:
Deliberately killing a humans life because YOU don't want your developing son or daughter,is not normal. You are correct tho that killing is old. Murder,rape,abuse,etc...is not new. Irrelevant to the discussion tho.
But friggin aye,..don't want to rape,murder,abuse,etc,...don't ,right? How immature ,unsophisticated and disrespectful of you to make excuses for bad behavior that harms or kills another in order to ease your little arrogant mind

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314428 Oct 30, 2013
I never said they were superior; pretending one species is better than another is ridiculous. You're the one saying man is the most advanced species.

BTW--many species CAN deliberately abort.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally unnatural. Even the animals that you find superior to man don't have abortions.
Forum

Carlsbad, NM

#314429 Oct 30, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Casey Anthony decided that her offspring, Caylee, was an inconvenience at 13 trimesters old.
Why didn't you trust her "individual decision"?
Children grow up by themselves.
Adults are always lost and backwards
in their responsibilities.
What is cleft palate?
Someone cuts the babys mouth
on purpose?
They make it up.
Who is crazy?
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314430 Oct 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
They're a perfect metaphor for religion...a central authority that no one questions, populated by mindless slaves, and only the leaders have sex. Why wouldn`t they support it?
<quoted text>
What they and Solomon found remarkable was that there was no leader or central authority. I would think that only the queen having sex would appeal to you.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314431 Oct 30, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
I never said they were superior; pretending one species is better than another is ridiculous. You're the one saying man is the most advanced species.
BTW--many species CAN deliberately abort.
<quoted text>
As I said you can believe that if it makes you happy. Animals do not deliberately abort. That would be next to impossible to document since you can't read the mind or ask the animal.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314432 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Your line of thinking is stupid..
At least I think. You regurgitate. If you ever had an original thought...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Only man has the intelligence and choice on how to use the resources God gave us..
Utter hog twaddle. Every single other species, has the intelligence to use the resources available, without destroying the environment. And I suppose you don't think a sheep exercises choice between mullein and clover, if both are in the same field. Animals have likes, and dislikes, same as you.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We probably will destroy ourselves eventually by making bad choices..
How smart is that?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Because we can doesn't always mean we should. Being given dominion over everything brings with it a responsibility to be good stewards.
We suck at it. Apparently, "God" does make mistakes.
'Dominion' is nothing more than arrogance, shortsightedness, and greed.
Congratulations, on exemplifying the worst of man's traits.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314433 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally unnatural. Even the animals that you find superior to man don't have abortions.
Of course they do.

The trend of aborting babies in the face of strange males is known as the Bruce effect. That’s not a slight against men of that name; the effect is named after the scientist who discovered it – Hilda Margaret Bruce. In 1959, she noticed that pregnant mice will abort if they’re exposed to unfamiliar males. Since then, scientists have found the same effect among other laboratory rodents, and domestic horses. But the Bruce effect has always remained a quirk of captivity. No one really knew if wild animals do the same thing.

A new study found that geladas, a relative of the baboon, do have abortions in the wild:

Normally, the failure rate for gelada pregnancies is around 2 per cent. If a new male arrives, it shoots up to 80 per cent.… But why would a pregnant female abort her own foetus? Roberts thinks that it’s an adaptive tactic in the face of a new male’s murderous tendencies. Since the male would probably kill the newborn baby anyway, it’s less costly for the female to abort than to waste time and energy on bringing a doomed infant to term. Her future offspring, conceived more quickly and fathered by the incumbent king of the hill, will stand a better chance of survival.

Is Abortion Natural?

All signs point to yes; aborting a pregnancy is a natural response in female mammals.

Ludek Bartos from the Institute of Animal Science in the Czech Republic recently led a study that suggests that female horses have adopted abortion strategies and that they can choose to terminate a pregnancy if they are put in a position where the foals paternity may be uncertain. Published in the journal Behavioural Ecology and Sociobiology, this study has caused many anti-choicers to exclaim that the creators of this study are simply assuming the horses intentions. They argue that the phenomena should be referred to as “miscarriage” instead of “abortion.” Some have even proclaimed that it’s impossible for animals to choose to terminate pregnancies, because they don’t have the medical technology to perform surgical abortions.

What these critics fail to acknowledge is that abortion does not have to be performed surgically. In animals, hippos, armadillos and rabbits have all been known to suddenly miscarry when their environmental conditions are unfavorable, or because they are such that giving birth would potentially kill them. The reason that scientists choose to call this a self-induced abortion instead of a miscarriage is because the pregnancies are typically lost before the mother animal begins to feel negative effects from the strain of carrying a pregnancy in a hostile environment.

BAM.
Ink

Levittown, PA

#314434 Oct 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>At least I think. You regurgitate. If you ever had an original thought...
<quoted text>Utter hog twaddle. Every single other species, has the intelligence to use the resources available, without destroying the environment. And I suppose you don't think a sheep exercises choice between mullein and clover, if both are in the same field. Animals have likes, and dislikes, same as you.
<quoted text>How smart is that?
<quoted text>We suck at it. Apparently, "God" does make mistakes.
'Dominion' is nothing more than arrogance, shortsightedness, and greed.
Congratulations, on exemplifying the worst of man's traits.
I said we need to be good stewards. Choosing between two different grasses doesn't make one a genius. I'll bet even you could do that successfully.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314435 Oct 30, 2013
Howdy wrote:
Why would a woman think that she has a right to kill her child when she or he is growing?
Child still grows outside the womb. Why stop there? If the child is unwanted,then mom might decide after birth,..does she then have a right to kill the child? adoption works and if a pregnant mom is too selfish to give that growing child up,then why should a mom who decides after birth. Why is she discriminated against (in your fairy tale land of I can justify killing another humans life because I don't want them)?
Respect all human life,especially your own flesh and blood lineage. I have fostered children and adopted three and I would protect them with my life and we are not even blood related. My love makes them as 'bonded' as if they are. A woman discussing killing as choice or doing it,is the lowest a person can go. It's unnatural. Something is not right in their heads. Women have sought help when they come to terms with the atrocity that they committed. It's a long healing process. I wish them recovery. I've seen the agony some have suffered. Please stop this from happening and let's respect women enough to be honest with the truth of abortion and the silent pain they truly suffer. Men as well who sleep around and have no control over their child bring pit to death. Oh God what a tragedy!
Some who chose to abort rather than carry to term find it harder and more unnatural to give a child up they've carried for 9 months. Both options are her decision and her decision alone. Sure let us march to the WH and demand we have a constitutional right to kill babies after they are born, sounds reasonable to me *facepalm*.

Location hidden

#314436 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG LMFAO!

Location hidden

#314437 Oct 30, 2013
How the hell did you get through school Ink?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314438 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said you can believe that if it makes you happy. Animals do not deliberately abort. That would be next to impossible to document since you can't read the mind or ask the animal.
A lot of animals eat their own babies as soon as they are born. Deny that. Well, you probably will, but it's still true.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#314439 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I said we need to be good stewards. Choosing between two different grasses doesn't make one a genius. I'll bet even you could do that successfully.
And I said we suck at it. We're HORRIBLE stewards.

Dumping billions of gallons of radioactive waste into the ocean doesn't make us geniuses, either.
pbfa

Phoenix, AZ

#314440 Oct 30, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
How the hell did you get through school Ink?
What makes you think she did?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314441 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You have every right to see things as you want.
Poor you.. You really do not get it that when you literally believe. It is an abuse and a deplorable use of faith.

I can only hope that one day you realize that Faith is stronger when you are more willing to see any collection of books as a metaphor. Not as some literal truth. That you still interpret when ever it suits your agenda. though i find in general that those who take their own books of faith to be the literal word of their god. Turn out to be hypocrites. Like you.

I do understand that emphatically disagree. I do understand that you believe that your "literal truth" is the only way you want to look at the world. I get it that the idea gives a sense of permanence in a world that has none. The reality is that you make yourself in to a hypocrite even as you defend your cherished belief.

Worse ink it puts you into an indefensible position. One that further boxes you in to a theological corner. Causes you then still need to interpret something in your collection of books.

And that Ink is why tragedies like this little girl happens. Why the terrorists in the middle east murder and kill themselves. Why Ink people do fire bomb clinics, murder doctors in a christian church, and in general terrorize clinic workers and their patients.

Ink that is not an opinion. It is a fact that we all can see on any day. Believing in your collection of books as a literal truth is an abuse of Faith.

Jonesboro AR

#314442 Oct 30, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
Thank-you, Oklahoma Supreme Court.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...
Another great win for the good guys.

Jonesboro AR

#314443 Oct 30, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what ancient history is, hearsay.
Your gospel were written 35 to 50 years after the fact. What you have is copies of copies.. there is no telling what the original might have said. There is no telling just what was dropped or added with out the originals. It is a ridiculous idea to have a literal belief in a collection if books when all you are working is copy of copies. With no reference as to what the originals really looked like.

So you are right the whole thing hearsay with out a doubt. Makes less sense to literally believe in any of it.. Just saying..

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#314444 Oct 30, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Your gospel were written 35 to 50 years after the fact. What you have is copies of copies.. there is no telling what the original might have said. There is no telling just what was dropped or added with out the originals. It is a ridiculous idea to have a literal belief in a collection if books when all you are working is copy of copies. With no reference as to what the originals really looked like.
So you are right the whole thing hearsay with out a doubt. Makes less sense to literally believe in any of it.. Just saying..
Some are said to have been written as much as 300 years after the alleged events took place.

“lightly burnt,but still smokin”

Since: Dec 06

in the corner of your mind,

#314445 Oct 30, 2013
"Forum"
Who is crazy?

i'm gonna say YOU

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#314446 Oct 30, 2013
ROFLMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut yer yap already. There is no god.

(you tube clip starring Upchuck Chicky)

Oh shut yer yap ya ole hog! hahhahahahhah

How's Dewey?

;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min woodtick57 1,173,141
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Earthling-1 50,389
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 hr JOEL 71,541
Review: 100 Percent Martial Arts 22 hr davidvalvas 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Tue Lugnutz The Holy One 19,591
Wishing everyone a safe place and wellness duri... Mon Christy 1
Major winter storm expected to drop 20 to 30 in... Mon Christy 1
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:46 am PST