Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313916 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Gtown71

United States

#314291 Oct 28, 2013
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
That poor little girl was told her daddy was in heaven. She believed. Decided that she would join her daddy there.. So she did.. That in the end is the real tragedy. She believed in a "literal truth". So died. That is a fact. No matter how you spin this tragedy in to something else. That overwhelming fact is one that you can not over come.
Altgough suicide is never a good way to go, if this little girl had not reached the age of accountability, or if she had, but also had been saved, then she is in heaven. Tragic for those she left behind? Yea
Tragic for her? Only her and God knows.
Gtown71

United States

#314292 Oct 28, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. For me, the prochoice position comes down to just four simple words: let EACH woman decide. As you said, that's what the Supreme Court decided; that EACH woman could make her own decision whether or not to continue a pregnancy.
After 40 years, conservatives -- primarily the male ones -- obviously still can't accept that women are smart enough to make our OWN individual decisions when it comes to sex and reproduction, so they "have to" (in their tiny little minds) have to make them FOR us.@@
I've seen many many times where folks have said a woman should be allowed to make all of her own health care choices, without any interference, and to a point I agree, but women cannot tell the doctors what they want and get it on any other health care decision, so why are they allowed to do so on this one?

Doctors should help and protect All life.

I can see if a pregnant woman may die, and the unborn baby is already dead, that they would remove the baby, BUT as you / we all know, most abortions are due to a woman TELLING a "doctor" what they want done, and getting it.
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#314293 Oct 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen many many times where folks have said a woman should be allowed to make all of her own health care choices, without any interference, and to a point I agree, but women cannot tell the doctors what they want and get it on any other health care decision, so why are they allowed to do so on this one?
I can see if a pregnant woman may die, and the unborn baby is already dead, that they would remove the baby, BUT as you / we all know, most abortions are due to a woman TELLING a "doctor" what they want done, and getting it.
A woman doesn't "tell" a doctor shit. She makes an appointment for an abortion, shows up at the appointed time, and a doctor performs his/her duty. Spin that.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#314294 Oct 28, 2013
It's called raising their kids as they think proper.

Gum in heaven? Wouldn`t they have Everlasting Gobstoppers?
Zip lining wrote:
Why do atheists spoon feed their children their opinions? God exists and just because they are clueless,doesn't mean their children can't decide for themselves and/or experience and learn about him Gods truth will prnk is prevail. He will show himself to all. He created us and he loves us. Our true home sull be in heaven with gum and our loved ones for eternity. There will be no more tears. Only pure happiness :-)
God bless you all!
Ocean56

AOL

#314296 Oct 29, 2013
Priest wrote:
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!
http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...
Outstanding news! I love it when Federal Judges rule against regressive anti-choicers.
Ocean56

AOL

#314297 Oct 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Again, G, it isn't for YOU -- or any other rabid anti-choicer for that matter -- to decide what a woman "should" do regarding a pregnancy. Whatever decision she makes, even when it is NOT to continue a pregnancy, it is HER decision. Don't like that decision? Too bad.

That's what Roe v. Wade has done; given EACH woman the right to decide, for HERSELF, what to do regarding HER pregnancy. What part of "not your pregnancy, not your decision" is too hard for you to figure out?
Ocean56

AOL

#314298 Oct 29, 2013
Forum wrote:
Abortion comes from evil forces that bother us
when a baby is going to be born.
Some women don't want pregnancy or motherhood. Obviously, that bothers YOU. Tough.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#314299 Oct 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Good. Less money for the church to use against women and gays.
<quoted text>
Did you factor in the money you paid in tuition to that Catholic college you went to? You flippin hypocrite.
VoteVets Org

AOL

#314300 Oct 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Did you pass out drunk before getting to where I also said it wouldn`t bother me if they were lifted?
So what? What does that mean? Does that change the fact that you initially said you agreed with them?
Two issues arise in the third trimester: medical risk and viability. The risks for termination are much higher, and elective procedures with high risks are usually discouraged on a medical basis. The other, viability, means the fetus may no longer need the woman;`s systems to survive and issues of medical ethics arise. Then, of course, there`s the FACT that virtually all 3rd-term Abortions are performed for medical reasons on otherwise-wanted fetuses. Women don`t wait that long to abort because they don`t want to be pregnant.
<quoted text>
Pretty little backpedal there. But the fact is you said the ONLY reason you marginally agreed with them was the fact that the risk of an abortion at that point was just about the same as childbirth.
There is no reason you should EVER agree with restrictions, especially for the reason of the increased risk of abortion because at that point the woman would ALWAYS have the option of not having an abortion due to its increased risk. You said you marginally agreed with forcing a woman to gestate based on increased risk. You said you marginally agreed with removing a woman's right to personal risk assessment.

You facked ap Chief. Will your arrogance allow you to admit it ?

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#314301 Oct 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Altgough suicide is never a good way to go, if this little girl had not reached the age of accountability, or if she had, but also had been saved, then she is in heaven. Tragic for those she left behind? Yea
Tragic for her? Only her and God knows.
It is still a tragedy.. No matter how it is spun.. She believed her daddy was in heaven and died.. Her age is not relevant in my opinion.
grumpy

Hackensack, NJ

#314302 Oct 29, 2013
VoteVets Org wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? What does that mean? Does that change the fact that you initially said you agreed with them?
<quoted text>
Pretty little backpedal there. But the fact is you said the ONLY reason you marginally agreed with them was the fact that the risk of an abortion at that point was just about the same as childbirth.
There is no reason you should EVER agree with restrictions, especially for the reason of the increased risk of abortion because at that point the woman would ALWAYS have the option of not having an abortion due to its increased risk. You said you marginally agreed with forcing a woman to gestate based on increased risk. You said you marginally agreed with removing a woman's right to personal risk assessment.
You facked ap Chief. Will your arrogance allow you to admit it ?
But are you for Roe v Wade?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314303 Oct 29, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, G, it isn't for YOU -- or any other rabid anti-choicer for that matter -- to decide what a woman "should" do regarding a pregnancy. Whatever decision she makes, even when it is NOT to continue a pregnancy, it is HER decision. Don't like that decision? Too bad.
That's what Roe v. Wade has done; given EACH woman the right to decide, for HERSELF, what to do regarding HER pregnancy. What part of "not your pregnancy, not your decision" is too hard for you to figure out?
The part where his God doesn't have a say, either....
Racist

Springfield, NJ

#314304 Oct 29, 2013
Why does that poster use the Nic -buckwheat-? S/he sounds racist. It's offensive. It's uncalled for. Good gravy, don't you have any respect for anyone? You PC are racists,bigots and anti-life.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314305 Oct 29, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
*facepalm*

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#314306 Oct 29, 2013
Racist wrote:
Why does that poster use the Nic -buckwheat-? S/he sounds racist. It's offensive. It's uncalled for. Good gravy, don't you have any respect for anyone? You PC are racists,bigots and anti-life.
Maybe they are vegetarian.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#314307 Oct 29, 2013
Racist wrote:
I had buckwheat pancakes for breakfast...does that make me a racist too?

It's a grain.
Get over yourself.
Farina

New Port Richey, FL

#314308 Oct 29, 2013
I love Obama care.
No Relativism

United States

#314309 Oct 29, 2013
Priest wrote:
Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!
http://www.klkntv.com/story/23808865/fed-judg...
Priest: "Federal Judge shot down Texas's new abortion limitations. No clinics will have to shut down. God, I love justice!"

Dismembering, crushing skull, and squishing beating heart of defenseless babies in utero is not justice. It is the penultimate of injustice.

You jackass.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#314310 Oct 29, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>NR asked you if you were willing to give your life for your gods. What are you, a coward? If NR dies for his God, he will live forever and pray you will be converted.
So pathetic that you need to cling to the illusion that you'll have "eternal life" after you die.

You and your kind have some nerve puking about "the culture of death" when you can't even accept life (and death) on it's own terms.
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#314311 Oct 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, He's working through rapists, killers, thieves, adulterers, money grubbers, abusers, drunk drivers, terrorists and all other evils. You don't make any sense. We will all have to take responsibilities for our actions and not blame God. He picks up the pieces that we humans leave in shambles.
It's not about assigning blame, it's about the idea that God works through people. Did god work through gtowns mistress? After all, he claims that his life is better now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr UidiotRaceMakeWOR... 1,520,286
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 hr Lavon affair 71,283
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 17 hr Patty Myers 8,138
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Fitus T Bluster 20,971
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 20 Patriot AKA Bozo 63,620
News Five Key Points From Hartford's Budget Proposal Apr 19 IdiotCamp 1
News State child agency pulling wards from Durham sc... (May '07) Apr 18 Chastity Veasley 48

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages